spyke
Members-
Posts
2,564 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by spyke
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I have to stop coming here first thing in the morning. Now I'm craving Key Lime Pie and it's 7:10 A.M. 🤣 -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
That looks delish molly. I've already bookmarked the page. Thanks for sharing it! -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It's a southern US thing. Most of the time, we wind up running AC on Christmas day. Also, it's not unheard of to run the heat in the morning, and the AC in the afternoon. 30ºF+ temperature swings are common. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I don't taste clove in apple pie. For me it's predominately cinnamon, nutmeg and maybe allspice. I think you may have just revealed your family's well guarded secret apple pie ingredient. Lol -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
People don't get foolish stupid crazy over Apple pie spice. 🤣 Seriously though, I think that the apple pie spice doesn't have cloves in it. -
I don't understand the world anymore. Thank you for writing this tim.
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I hate that you're having to go through this Chris, on top of everything else that's been loaded onto your shoulders the past few months. Unfortunately it seems that with siblings, there's always one who feels left out and they express their frustration and pain during times like these. Do what you need to do but most of all, take care of yourself. And we're here if you need to rant. As always, no judgement, just an ear to listen. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Forgive me if I find that a bit hard to believe. 🤣 I'm betting there's a certain someone who would totally disagree. -
This is beginning to sound like an episode of Maury
- 52 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sounds like a hacker/scammer -
Well that was a sedate and lovely family dinner! Jett's parents are a hoot and Kyle fit right in. That was smooth move that Jett played by asking Kyle to stay the weekend and then sliding Kyle his spare key. Yep, that was slicker than owl poop. Kim returning home so distraught is not a good sign. Don't keep us waiting too long for the next chapter please.
- 21 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Yes they are. It's a multi-function cooker. You can sear, saute, slow cook, pressure cook, steam, etc. Prime example is pot roast. I sear the meat, saute the onions then return the meat to the pot with carrots and some stock and slow cook. Later on I add the potatoes. Or I can make beef short ribs in about an hour by using the pressure cook function. You can look online for recipes/ideas, or you can ask our own experts, @Mikiesboy & @mollyhousemouse. They gave me the most AMAZING risotto recipe that I'm planning on making for dinner tonight. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I second that @Reader1810. I have the 6. It works great and I get leftovers to put into the freezer. It's a really versatile appliance. The silicone sealing ring will absorb cooking odors (like from savory dishes), but you can get extra ones if that bothers you. -
I really like this format. It's interesting to have the primary characters take a supporting role and let the visitors stories be the focus. This was just a sweet tale. It shows just how difficult it can be to come out even though there is tremendous support right at hand. Camp Refuge works it's magic once again. Thanks for another great story Wayne.
- 50 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Much better to drop a few dollars on Amazon than to wind up hurt, in the ER, and dropping some serious money on doctor and hospital bills. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Nice to meet ya Jay. I'm the class clown who snuck into the room while you were MIA. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I'm voting on the Skrewball. Peanut butter does me in every time! -
Thank you tim for this unexpected and wonderful gift. It's made my day. My grandmother didn't live on a farm, but she had that old porcelain sink with the separate taps where everything got washed; hands, dishes, the fresh vegetables from her garden and the occasional baby or two! I'll agree with the others that this is a wonderful slice of life story. You sparked some special memories for me and there is no better gift that an author can give their reader.
- 47 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Here ya go. Best I can do on short notice.🤣
- 42 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
So you've finally come to the conclusion that jalapeno slices and shots of Fireball really isn't that great of a combination? 🤔 -
What?? That Jett's sisters are going to latch on to Kyle and do their best to roast Jett's rump and embarrass him? No, we were wondering how you could make those poor guys wait 3 weeks. Toe curling, knee buckling orgasms aside, that was just mean of you to do. I think you need to get a little Windex out and clean your crystal ball because nobody is thinking about Kyle and his sister being adopted and having he same father. Nope, no speculation going on here. We're just going to sit back patiently and enjoy the journey as it comes. 😇
- 42 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
That would be a winter look.🤣 -
Tells us in advance that she's going to torture us.
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Best bowl scraper is a tongue. Just sayin'. 🤣 -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sending positivity and good wishes your way rick. Please take care of yourself.
