If you are not a native English speaker, the mystery that you created in the first chapter was really masterful. It was not written, not obvious, but, at least for me, clearly there. Well, maybe because I am not a native speaker either...
I wondered about 12 inches (30 cm), not 11 Somehow I doubt that such a length is a blessing.
Ok, I will take it for face value, let's read on.
Thx for answering!
Touche
Well, sorry, I have been tainted to look for hidden meanings and interpretations.
One reason I struggle with "literature" is "hidden meanings". I remember discussing in school a Hemingway scene about a red sundown whose description stretched nearly two pages. The interpretation was even longer, so I asked the teacher that if Hemingway wanted to say all these things why did he not write that down?
As for the general situation and your making it through, I cannot say anything that has not been said before. My deepest respect!
This stands in stark contrast to this lowlife that dares wearing the uniform. As former police officer myself I am utterly, utterly disgusted! Reading this made me so angry!
I can only urge you to report him, even after all this time, because who knows what this criminal in uniform is up to in addition to that! It may well be that such a report will lead to an investigation that exposes him.
Ok, some explanations, thank you.
I just wonder about these enormous dicks. Is there any reason for that?
Also, in this chapter, Jeffrey is described as 12 inches (is that anatomically even possible ?), and I seem to remember that in a previous chapter it was described as 9 inches. Maybe check.
That was a very interesting read, because my default filter for stories is "completed"...
So, I thought about why that is, apart from a part in my techie brain stating "that is obvious, a stiry must have a closure".
I think that for me the answer is twofold:
1. It is the time necessary to invest into something unknown. But is that not the case with every new story?
2. Remembering exactly what happened before to jump back "in" some time later. But can the author not "pack/roll up" a chapter nicely?
Hm... still unsure...
Can you give any sources with evidence, direct or indirect, for your claim?
You have a "dr" in your nick, do you have a PhD or have you ever made a scientific publication?
I am not trying to anger you or anyone else. I find making such a statement without any supporting evidence very dangerous. People like us (assumption here, sorry if assuming that you are LGBTQ+ is incorrect) are very quickly at the receiving end of statements made without any supporting evidence like "all homos are pedophiles."
That is a difficult one. He killed his own mother, now a zombie. That was we written.
But the next day, he just shrugs it off, or at least, I get the impression he does. Lucas'es dad should somehow have been helping Kieran.
I am not convinced that mixing the killing of the mother and the leering shop keeper in one chapter was the best idea.
This is really good. Now, the first "zombies" are actually out and not recognized as such. At the same time, the two boys build their relationship fine.
I think this is well crafted.
Good pacing and character introduction.
I would be very annoyed in Jacob's position... but something seems off... The three guys behave oddly. So, if there is a mystical/supernatural link, it is very well hidden, but still there.
2 hours ago, Refugium said: I had a friend who had that terrible disease whose principal symptom is involuntary poetry reading. If I remember correctly, the disease is called "high school." He organized Prose-a-Thons to raise funds to find a cure. Let me assure you that the acute phase of that disease was long ago. However, I still suffer the after effects...