-
Posts
1,244 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by BendtedWreath
-
Agreed with everyone. I even have one of them that immediately came to mind.
-
That would have worked, as well. A rapier you can't see? Fitting. 🤣 That part was probably more me projecting, as it's what I would have done. "Wait you can see all that, how?" *pat pat pat*
-
They definitely will have many adventures together. Thank you! If it brings your real cat to mind, I feel I did a good job! 😂 Thank you so much for being my second set of eyes! I'm also a sucker for enemies becoming friends. It does happen in real life if the enemies are exposed to each other long enough and mature. I was the Zipi to my coworker's Skee when I first started at my current job, and now a year later they are the Zipi to my Skee. 🤣 Thank you!
-
I'm honored you thought so! Thank you! Absolutely! Thank you so much! That's true! Thank you!
-
It wasn't until I read your comment that I realized it is very "the lion and the mouse"-esque. 😂 Thank you! Glad you liked it! Thank you! I did miss mentioning that, but yes, neither Zipi nor Skee has to worry about food anymore. Glad you liked it!
-
2025 Anthology - Creature Feature - Wrap-Up
BendtedWreath commented on Valkyrie's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Back after reading them all, and I agree with @centexhairysub. All the stories were fantastic, and they each showcased the individual authors' strengths. I know some were concerned about being true to the 'creature feature' theme and I'm here to say that they needn't have worried at all. They all spoke to the theme in their own way. Bravo, everyone! -
A little girl senses the sorrowful heart of a tree spirit. What can I say other than I loved it.
-
- 3
-
-
"Many believe that these trees are the dwelling place of spirits known as Kodama. Therefore, we advise that they be treated with the utmost care, as causing harm to a tree is regarded as a serious matter." - Uh-oh. Why do I feel this won't be the case for that sapling? Also, Japanese yokai? Sign me up. "I see. Well, I can confirm that these saplings will be treated with the greatest respect and reverence. We will not be felling them." - That remains to be seen. Strange, whispered words they didn't understand and couldn't quite make out. - Maybe cursing them all out in Japanese. Over the next two months the cedars barely grew. This fact concerned the two botanists, and they returned to attend the saplings again, concerned for the sacred trees in their care. - Uh-oh. The kodama tilted its head, eyes glimmering, but only another echo came, "…home…" - My heart. Towering Japanese cedars rose all around them, trunks reaching skyward, their roots singing in the wet earth. - Amazing imagery. Visitors walked past without noticing much, but Maureen always stopped, laying a hand on the bark of one of them. And sometimes—just sometimes—the leaves would rustle with no wind at all, as though something far away still remembered. - That's beautiful. I really enjoyed this one!
-
Sometimes, you just want to write what you dream or daydream up. Chris always delivers.
-
- 3
-
-
I had to admire his stamina, and knew he would be great in bed. - When you know, you know. 😂 After an awkward silence, he embraced me and kissed me on my cheek. It was the happiest moment of my day … so far. - 😂 I did as he requested. I would have followed him to hell. - 🤣! Then, as if this day hadn’t been miraculous enough, another miracle occurred. Without Jeremy pumping in my ass, while he was lying perfectly still, we both had simultaneous orgasms. - “You’re right. I’m sorry I jumped at you. I’ll consider the alternate version as a story for another time, but I’ll submit this one as is.” “You’re a stubborn ass,” he said, and he kissed me on my cheek. - I loved the outro! Everyone's pace is different. Some are faster than others, but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable.
-
Brace yourself for quite the experience as you follow Dave into an unknown space riddled with dangers around every corner.
-
- 3
-
-
This was brilliant and, technically there was a creature or two (if we count the sentient wall as a creature). Odd that they didn't need to eat or breathe while in the space they were in before, but as soon as they broke through it, their senses made themselves known.
-
Oh, man. I would happily drown in this story's world. Knights, dragons, orcs, and a dash of romance. Sign me up.
-
- 4
-
-
He failed in being a knight, yet he had little desire to stand in their ranks. His father, the king’s right hand, demanded the career path. - Ah, I see. I was already wondering "Why are you still there?" “Learn to parry, Jermyn! Lest you wish to die by an orc’s ax,” the instructor, Tedric, commanded. - There are orcs there? Jermyn, you better learn to fight for your life! Orcs existing changes everything. “Look at me! Hold that passion– that fire! An orc’s fire. Learn to control it. Blow gently to keep it alive. Smother as it grows wild.” - Aye-aye! Do we not recognize these fields of potato and grain? They feed our kingdom. - Precisely! Unfortunately, my crown is shinier than your clasp. - Snitches get stitches. Are you certain you wish to continue knighthood? You’re more fit for speech and strategy. - That is a sign of a great uncle, that he knows that. “To embark on a quest. To slay a dragon,” he whispered to his meager campfire.- *long sigh* Does a rapière work the same on scales as chain mail? Can it pierce? - Guess we'll find out soon enough. The blade pierced the animal’s maw, but a pressure wrapped around his ankle. - Oh, shit! “Rapière? It bears no name? Knights are known for cherishing their swords.” - It's name is Bud! Bud Wiser...? “I beg to differ. Your bag bears the king’s seal, and I see your soul. One of righteousness and yearning.” The prince patted himself with guile, searching for a tool. He required defense. - Drat. And here I thought he was patting himself as if checking to see if HE could see his own righteous and yearning soul. LMAO! “I– I am Jermyn of House Hawlocke, son of Gefroy. P—” “Sleep!” - I wonder if he asked him for his full name just so that he would prattle himself to sleep!! He knelt and inspected his leg. Aside from the ripped boot, it was as if the wolf never bit him. - What luck! “You are an inquisitive mind. To ask one’s dream before knowing their name.” - Agreed. Tis rude. My relatives and loved ones pushed me to be active in search for a treasure. - Oh-ho! I like where this is going. You’ve conquered a dragon, just not in the way you anticipated. - Whoa! The man nudged Jermyn’s chin to face him. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment. “It seems I’ve had my treasure for a while now.” - Yep. I'm dead. ☠️ Forget dragons, this story conquered me. 🤣
-
Yes, that's right! I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to that kid!
-
Absolutely agreed!
-
This entry has a little bit of everything. Well worth reading.
-
- 5
-
-
How Tommy Lee’s hand resting gently on the back of his head was all the encouragement he needed. - I bet. “You need to open the door, so I know you’re up!” - Growing guys need their privacy, too. “Let me tell you something, Sara, there’s no way that slut is good for Tommy Lee!” - Now I'm wondering just how many people want in Tommy Lee's pants. The scent of grease and gasoline was oddly reassuring, a reminder that some things - That's a nice detail. He kept to the edge of the water, letting Rufus shake dry and prowl after dragonflies, the dog’s joy unburdened by any human nonsense. - 😂Rufus living his best life. Before he could act on that thought, Bobby Ray slugged him in the stomach; it felt as if he had been hit by a truck. The blow knocked the air right out of his lungs, dropping him to his knees. And before he knew it, he was being dragged by his tee shirt across the dock and up the gravel path towards the house. - Oh, shit! The leash was fraying. Rufus knew it would break with a bit more effort; his boy was in trouble, and the sounds coming from inside weren’t good. - Go, Rufus! The screen door crashed open with a thunderous bang as Rufus barreled through, his fur slick with mud, rain, and his body primed for the battle ahead, quickly finding the room he needed. - Go, Rufus! Bobby Ray fell back as Rufus laid into him, sinking his teeth wherever he could. - That's what you get. Wanting more, he brought Tommy Lee’s hand to his mouth, wetting a finger, then bringing it back down - Yep, I'm going to need a moment. The clamor of the world outside seemed impossibly distant—just the soft quietude of the cabin and the feeling of Tommy Lee’s steady heartbeat pressed against him. - That entire scene of JT and Tommy Lee was gorgeous writing. Reading it, I realized I've a long way to go with my own writing. The pain from the dog bite was finally making itself known. The last thing Bobby Ray saw was Rufus retreating to the woods before he was blinded by the light. - Well, if he'd just let things go, he wouldn't be in that situation. On any Saturday afternoon or Sunday, you looked for either boy, or if you could get past Rufus, most likely they would be down at what the boys now called Rufus’s cabin. - Rufus's Cabin!! How fitting. Well, this was a delight to read.
-
Sparklehoof and the Great Fluffing
BendtedWreath reviewed Jack Poignet's story in 2025 - Creature Feature
This was less a creature feature story than a creature feature experience that you don't want to miss.-
- 6
-
-
-
I tend to write 'while I'm reading' comments like @Thirdly. I'm never concerned about overlap, as typically it's different things that catch our individual attention. This time, however, she covered it all. 🤣 I also lost it at the "vegan" versus "rainbow ice cream" varieties, the soda-addicted penguins, and the dachshunds being the masters of the werewolves. When it comes to Unicorn Vampires and Vampire Unicorns, the crown is now yours, my friend.
-
Not all creatures are four-legged. I know who I think was the 'creature' in this feature, but you'll have to read to sort it out yourself.
-
- 7
-
-
Spin-off? I wouldn't mind reading a spin-off to see what happened to Grandpa. As for Moss and Link, I'm glad they were able to be honest with one another and sorted out what they'd be doing together. The thought of them living the rest of their lives in far more peace than they previously had is a heartwarming one.
-
The creatures in this feature are a comedic duo.
-
- 6
-
-
-
Poochie and Dane - The Car Ride Home
BendtedWreath commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Poochie and Dane - The Car Ride Home
Dane answered with an air of superiority, "I believe I implied I didn't know. Our pets have never been here with us before." - "Our pets." "I meant we, like dogs in gener... Ooooh, Dane. You farted again. Someone open up a window. Please?" From the front seat, the lady said, "What the hell did you eat?" - Oh no! Poochie, food, treat, sit, down, good dog, out, window, and the ever popular 'no' are all I ever get. - 😂 “Hey, wait. I smell something familiar.” “We’ve smelt that little human's shit before.” - 🤣 So, all that time, they were just driving back from the Vet? -
I don't even know where to begin. Sabotage. That's all I'm gonna say.
-
- 4
-
-
