-
Posts
1,241 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by BendtedWreath
-
January 2026 CSR Discussion Day: Raven's Secret Crush by BendtedWreath and chris191070
BendtedWreath commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
@chris191070, I always forget asparagus exists. I enjoy asparagus occasionally, too. Thank you. Thanks, Cane. -
That we'll have to ask @Cane23. I also apologize to you personally for chapter five. Now, let me go and hide.
-
I can safely say their other halves are what keep them from lighting on fire under the sun. The rest, we'll have to either find out or ask @chris191070.
-
Moonlit Confessions
BendtedWreath posted new chapter in The Fantastic Eight and Their February Surprise
Lunch zoomed past with a clattering of trays, charred tater tots, and Altair’s ever-present whistle, always nearby. Wooden picnic tables, battered by decades of wear and tear, creaked beneath rowdy campers. Demon and Angel, already scheming, glanced at one another before nudging Erik and Win into an impromptu post-lunch tour. They told one another stories about haunted rivers and secret make-out spots as they walked past weathered trail markers and boulders, with Angel steering them wide a -
**2026 Anthology Announcement**
BendtedWreath commented on Valkyrie's blog entry in Gay Authors News
From what I've seen, I've always felt the Anthology themes are meant to be vague enough so that any and all feel included and invited to write something for the theme, but just specific enough to foster a focus to differentiate this year's entries from the prior theme. I know that a lot of thought and effort went into these themes, and the site staff have done their best year after year to listen and provide what writers ask for. For example, there was only the one theme last year, and there were writers that disliked the the theme and chose not to participate due to either taking the theme a little too literally or lacking interest in trying. There were some incredible entries that stretched the theme out to their unbelievably creative advantage (I am still reeling to this day) without it being "traditionally" the theme... you know who you are... and those entries still worked rather well with the rest of the collection. But due to last year's disagreements, we have two options to chose from this year. Anyone who claims that the staff doesn't keep trying to improve on events every time is not seeing what I've been seeing. As for me, I enjoy the challenge of creating something that could work for the anthology theme because I know that no two minds think exactly alike and I get to see what interpretation of the theme everyone else decided to go for. -
We'll see soon.
-
Neither, he was inspired by a combination of people I once knew. The only difference is that those chosen as examples never matured, and I'd like to think Altair does.
-
Yet another pair of lively characters that are sure to put a smile on your face if you're not outright laughing like I did.
-
- 4
-
-
-
“Unless that’s the point. Was your intention to poison me?” - LMAO! The cookie crumbled reluctantly, releasing a puff of chalky dust. Just what the hell was in the batter along with the dried chokeberries? Cement? - 😂 He forced down a swallow that looked painful, his throat working against the chalky texture. - 🤣 “But the taste isn’t all that horrible,” he said, even as he wiped the corner of his mouth as if trying to clear the residue. - That sounds like a boldfaced lie. “All-purpose flour,” I repeated as I typed it into the labeler, the mechanical clicking satisfying under my fingers. “Not cement.” - I'm done. Not another day of me laughing my head off at work and colleagues staring at me. 😂
-
Pairing Altair with @Cane23 was Chris's idea. Same with the new pairings. I apologize in advance for everything. 😂 Raven himself couldn't get Altair to lighten up, but maybe someone else can?
-
Beneath The Surface
BendtedWreath posted new chapter in The Fantastic Eight and Their February Surprise
Altair Bran already wanted to chuck the stack of clipboards in his hands into the lake of the Mystic Camp Grounds. Adjusting his crisp new staff shirt, he clutched the whistle hanging from a cord around his neck and ran his free hand through his blond hair as he surveyed the bustling arrival of campers. Their coach had volunteered half the basketball team to serve as youth coaches, and Altair had only gone along for one reason: college applications. His grades and athletic achievements were- 11 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Four supernatural campers force Altair Bran to confront his own walls, especially the ones keeping out his fellow coach Cane, the one person who's tried to reach him for years. Their secrets push Altair to choose between fear and acceptance. A summer coaching gig for college applications transforms into a journey that will challenge everything Altair believes about monsters, family, and love.
-
Both are excellent prompts leading with a surge of intrigue.
-
succulent - Word of the Day - Thu Jan 15, 2026
BendtedWreath commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
There's succulent red pepper rib eye, succulent marinated steaks... the amount of menus I've read with the word 'succulent' tossed in there... -
@Boy Mercury X as far as dumb screennames go, mine was an ingloriously rushed, half-scrambled version of my real name typed while losing a drinking game in my late teens. If you think it's not that bad, try to find the "Benedict" in it. Edit: So yours isn’t bad at all. Others can at least read it clearly.
- 5,016 replies
-
- 8
-
-
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Raven's Secret Crush
BendtedWreath commented on BendtedWreath's story chapter in Raven's Secret Crush
Agreed. My Trans sibling and friends are having a rough time. When someone you always looked up to as a kid for their strength of character loses heart, that really stings. -
Raven's Secret Crush
BendtedWreath commented on BendtedWreath's story chapter in Raven's Secret Crush
That's part of the reason why I live on the west coast, and an even greater reason why I am glad a forum like GA exists. Every day I logon, I'm grateful to be reminded I'm neither alone nor going insane. I know everyone has their own demons to struggle with, but I appreciate every single person just the same. -
January 2026 CSR Feature: Raven's Secret Crush by BendtedWreath and chris191070
BendtedWreath commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
As Chris said, this was a surprise, indeed! 😄 Thanks to everyone, and to @chris191070himself for trusting me with his visions. -
Raven's Secret Crush
BendtedWreath commented on BendtedWreath's story chapter in Raven's Secret Crush
Thanks on behalf of us both! -
Unlike Snoopy, I wish for a New Happy Year, though it might be 10 years from now instead of 2026.
- 23 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
-
Thanks so much!
-
Also, I just saw the "AI Consciousness" category, which might be new and fits what you're working on.
-
I never thought of it that way! Thanks for sharing.
-
What is the difference between Science Fiction, Science Fantasy, and Supernatural when it comes to Vampires? Or is it due to what you feel is the "predominant" element? For example... if the story world is dystopian and time travel is involved, it leans more into Sci-Fi despite vampires being involved? Or in the case of Science Fantasy, the world is fantasy in nature, but the story focuses on an alchemist trying to create advance weaponry?? Last question: Does a Utopian themed story require humans?
-
With a title like The Rim Job, I expected this one to have more of a comedic flair. But it read like like a rogue scifi akin to Han Solo and Outlaw Star.
