Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

BendtedWreath

Author
  • Posts

    1,244
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BendtedWreath

  1. The Boy On The Porch hits you hard. Then, this more detailed picture from tough beginnings to beautiful endings hits you even harder. Both are well worth the read.
      • 1
      • Love
  2. That ending was nothing short of beautiful, my friend.
  3. “Do you want your name to be changed?”/Jill was caught off-guard, she didn't expect that, “Yes.” - Nope. Not going to make me cry. 🥲 He showed it to Jill, and together they handed it to Nick./"The Bravest Boy Ever. This is awesome. Thank you." - 😢 That turned out to be a massive understatement, right from the time I stuttered my first words to him. I'd gotten a lot of grief from the individuals who raised me for the first thirteen years of my life, about that and a lot more. - 😭
  4. I had a stressful workday the other day, too. I had to commute downtown for an in person meeting. Then, while I was taking the train back to work, we had a mandatory all staff meeting that was very odd and awkward to participate via phone with. On the second-to-last stop, a homeless man was caught in the back corner with his pants down literally. A couple of inspectors checked to see if he was OK, and thankfully he was fine. But, when we finally arrived at my stop, I pulled a muscle standing up to walk out. 🤣 I'm very sore right now, and I forgot where I was going with all this...I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  5. How to remove adhesive 101. Just the levity I needed on a stressful workday.
      • 5
      • Like
      • Love
  6. BendtedWreath

    Quack, Quack

    Sure, barbecued penis. Served in all the posh restaurants. - 🤣 We'll have to update Wikipedia with a new solution. - 🤣 Indeed.
  7. Ehy did reading this make me hungry?
  8. I do agree that it should be "day-month-year" smallest unit to highest in terms of the date. Not sure why we're focusing on months first over here. 😂
  9. BendtedWreath

    The Beginning

    No, we just share the same dark funny bone, I think. 😂
  10. BendtedWreath

    The Beginning

    It still wasn’t completely apparent when the plate glass window that was being installed on the new skyscraper came flying down and split him in half vertically. - Well then, kid sees dead people before they're dead. Who am I kidding, aren’t all the cities in New Jersey small? - True. That trauma happened 55 years ago. - Uh-oh. Does that mean Avery's 67 now? Avoid all nursing homes and hospitals! He died, but the truck didn’t stop fast enough after hitting Jimmy to keep me from being in the hospital for the rest of that summer. - I take it back, avoid ever setting foot outside to begin with. I think whoever wrote the newspaper article about the man named Paine who died when a sheet of glass from a construction site fell on him had a hard time not inadvertently putting any bad puns in that article. Sometimes you just can’t make this stuff up. - 🤣! So wrong. That’s also another factoid that helped convince me I couldn’t change things. If we’d stayed at his house playing games, he still would have died. - Final Destination level death seeking right there. if you can bet your friends that their least favorite teacher in the world was going to die by Christmas, you’d try and make a few bucks. Wouldn’t you? - 🤣Right!
  11. "This codicil will become applicable should Kathy show any animosity toward our gay son, Brendan..." - HA! They knew them so well. Abel had one fetish that would turn him on no matter what his mood was. - And what an interesting fetish it was. Nine months later, Nicholas was born and she was ecstatic about her new plaything. - Just when you think you can't possibly be more angry with Kathy... He had previously opened up the wooden floor and dug a hole large enough for a child. He was afraid he'd hit Steven too hard once and kill him. - Just when you think you can't possibly be more angry with Abel... Abel panicked and picked up a pipe wrench. - Team effort indeed.
  12. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 3

    “It’s a fine kettle of fish you two have gotten into, but Mike and I have been there also, so we sure aren’t pointing fingers.” - Best line of the chapter! Fine kettle of fish is right. 🤣 I'm worried what will happen when the wives find out. Maybe they can become a polycule?
  13. There is neither a deadline nor an expiry date for self discovery (or rediscovery). You were welcome here as a reader and you are welcome now as an official member.
  14. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 2

    "You did WHAT with my fake ID?" 🤣
  15. Let's go, William! Join the fold. I wonder if Eli can figure something out for Lady Jane and Guilford, though.
  16. It made sense that someone from my world would have come here earlier. - Wonder who that person is. We’ve known each other since we were eight. - that sounds like it could be problematic
  17. Oh no! The Tudors. This is going to be wild.
  18. BendtedWreath

    Prologue

    Eric, there isn't a person alive who wouldn't want to hide/protect the goods. Best friends telling one another to be sure to erase their internet search histories should they die were preceded by best friends telling one another to hide/burn their porn mags should they die. That Truck-kun stops for no one in isekais.
  19. Considering he turned Abel down and didn't go through with it, I'm sure that'd be plenty. His niece and nephews by far had the worst of it. If he wasn't gay, Kathy would have tried something with him, too.
  20. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she wanted to save that shit for herself. Okay, that's just anger talking. - Boy, you weren't anger talking, you were prophesizing. Just back me up when I call out Kathy and Abel when we see them next. Will come bearing edibles. - 🤣Rich! "We might need to self-medicate after this."
  21. This is definitely a unique take in this anthology's "In Too Deep" theme. In these poems, it's about coming face to face with what you hold inside. Would you treat your inner darkness as a friend to walk beside?
      • 7
      • Love
      • Like
  22. Out of all the "In Too Deep" stories in this anthology, I guarantee this is one you won't soon forget. Top notch!
      • 7
      • Love
      • Like
  23. No, I just knew; we holes can tell things like that. - Around here is when I nearly died laughing. It didn't help one bit that I was listening to Lies Behind Your Eyes's Taste of Regret while I was reading. It made it that more dramatic. 🤣 It’s not always Timmy falling into us underground bodies of water, you know. Case in point, LINCOLN! - Well's got a point there! 🤣 Fortunately, they yanked the kid out, so there was no permanent damage. - No permanent damage!! Tell that to the kid that broke his leg. 😂 clod rest his hole - Amen. 🤣 This is the funniest oneshot I've read in months. It was brilliant. Loved that literal 'in too deep' portrayal.
  24. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    So, I happened to be listening to Taking Over Me by Evanescence while I was reading these and it somehow set the ambience. 😂 Goofing aside, these were really good. The Black Dog Blues is now one of my favorites.
  25. After years of confusion, hiding his wants and needs from everyone around him, Jason takes a big risk with his sister's fake ID and meets someone special. Is Levi attracted to him because of who he's pretending to be? What will Jason discover about himself? Read on to find out.
      • 7
      • Love
×
×
  • Create New...