Jump to content

BendtedWreath

Author
  • Posts

    1,245
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BendtedWreath

  1. After years of confusion, hiding his wants and needs from everyone around him, Jason takes a big risk with his sister's fake ID and meets someone special. Is Levi attracted to him because of who he's pretending to be? What will Jason discover about himself? Read on to find out.
      • 7
      • Love
  2. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 2

    I just saw a slew of first chapters posted and I'm glad I happened to wake up earlier than usual to try to get to them all in time. Where do I begin? While the parents were painfully traditional, I kept hoping Jay would come clean with his sister...that even if the parents weren't okay with it, Stacey would support him/them. I am glad that Levi's sister provided Jay with support and advice. As for Levi himself, he was my favorite character. He handled everything so well. He was so quick to think on his feet, and was very accepting. We know Jay couldn't be in better hands.
  3. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 2

    they confessed to each other that neither of their wives had ever given them oral sex - Now hold on just a minute...neither of them? “Frankie,” he said (that’s what his father always called him), “your father cries for you all the time. He constantly tells me how much he misses you and your sister, how much he would like to hold you in his arms again, even if you are all grown up. Yes, Frankie, he does want to see you, more than you know.” - These doggone eye allergies... Anyway, your mother got a permanent restraining order against me, claiming that I had threatened her and you kids. - Now hold on just a minute...why? Just because he ran off with another person? “He sounds just like my Mike,” Joe said. Frank took advantage of the hint./“He is, Dad, in every way.” - A-hem, emphasis on the 'every way.' I systematically seduced your old man. I just didn’t expect it to be so easy. - 🤣 I’ll try to explain. It’ll be easier for me. Even though I grew up without a father, as I understand it, it’s difficult for fathers and sons to talk about sex. - Good thing the babies were asleep. I can only imagine what their first words would be otherwise. 🤣
  4. BendtedWreath

    Chapter 1

    Mine’s named Joseph also, after my father as well. - Double the Joes? Mojo Jojos? The two little Joey’s were playing in the play pen. - Sounds like their kids are well on their way to become besties, as well. “I have no idea. I just know that I’m aching to make love to you.” - ...or maybe their kids are well on their way to becoming stepbrothers. 🤣
  5. Doubt. Doubt everywhere.
  6. Not to mention, our good friend Skylar!
  7. Well, that explained where the money came from. Poor Brendan also had it rough. It's a sad stage of life when you have to leave a 3ds behind and start fending for yourself.
  8. You had me at "dark mode." I can read chapters in dark mode just fine, but when I get to the comments, I often have to switch back to see what everyone wrote. I think the quotes pulls from the black on white text.
  9. Well, as much as we dispise this pair, no one can deny they were a good fit for one another's twisted selves.
  10. I'm glad Steven sorted things out for himself and ended up with a family of his own (there's nothing wrong with the names Michael and Michelle 😂). Once again, we have to give these resilient kids credit for moving forward despite everything they went through.
  11. Jill's always been badass. She didn't deserve to go through any of that. But I am so glad Andrew suppored her through and through. I'm glad she listened to Brendan and attended her therapy sessions and that she's in a much better state.
  12. An incredibly fun read with a very, very memorable main character (and his pet dog) you won't soon forget! I can't recommend this one enough. A high re-read value.
      • 1
      • Love
  13. I had no idea where this was going, but the Wishing Well/One Love from the beginning became the background song that played in my head the whole time I read it and it somehow made it even MORE heartbreakingly beautiful.
      • 4
      • Love
  14. BendtedWreath

    Geist

    Wonderfully written, excellently executed, and frighteningly fascinating. I enjoyed reading this story from start to finish. I even ended up with more than one favorite character, which is rare for me. It's also close enough to spooky season to warrant a second read before All Hallow's Eve.
  15. This dragon story was fantastic. The descriptions and Cyan's story sweep you away into their world. The only reason I didn't rate it higher was because I didn't have a favorite character I could relate to in this specific cast, which is unusual for me. The writing style is gorgeous, however, as was the ending.
  16. Well enough that he's my favorite character. 🤣
  17. What Nick and the other kids went through is still as infuriating as ever. Seeing Nick's cleverness throughout was amazing, though.
  18. This is one of my favorite words!
  19. This story hooks you right from the beginning. Will Gene and Evan survive being stuck in a blinding snowstorm? Why doesn't Evan's longtime friend get along with his partner? What is the stranger at the ranch hiding? You'll have to read and find out!
      • 8
      • Love
  20. Then we'd have to hope to end up reincarnated in the same place so that I could haunt you to finish the story. 😆
  21. Even if I had read the summary before reading this one, it still would not have prepared me for what was in store for the characters. You'll receive no spoilers from me. Just know that it's a very unique read.
      • 3
      • Love
  22. Well that gave a new meaning to a "lock and key" 🤣 I'm glad they both completed their missions and their Ka were not destroyed in the process.
  23. I'm late to this topic, but I agree with basically everything @Mancunian and everyone else said. The only thing I would change is the "some authors do not have English as a first language" to "many authors do not have English as a first language." Once you begin and start practicing, you will be able to write as well in English as you would in your native language. I've seen it happen again and again. Don't feel discouraged about not finding words that translate perfectly, just ask any of us for the words that have the closest meaning to what you wanted to express. Some words just do not translate into one singular one in English.
  24. Secret agent alien men. 😂 Thus far they've been able to complete their missions. But Ned did say they might be released themselves in the process. Is he anticipating that they'll get caught?
×
×
  • Create New...