centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,872 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
Just love how this is progressing; and the comment about restoring the other works by Atkinson made it sound like that could be something of a challenge that might be worthwhile. I just love the interplay between the characters; and even the secondary ones and ones we meet only briefly seem to add so much to the story. Isobel seems interesting, and I know we will get to meet here at least one more time, but she seems to me to be someone to keep around. Love how these two find these small moments, like dealing with traffic and unexpected delays to learn more about each other, just a real delight.
-
Chapter 17 - Gilnik
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 17 - Gilnik
Well, let's hope the Demifae got to war with each other and kill each other off, what most of them deserve. I wonder how this group will react to what Abernathy has done to himself; don't think they will like it one bit. -
Chapter 16 - Hazel Cove
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 16 - Hazel Cove
This may not be where they end up; but what a delight to find Hazel Cove after their recent travels. -
Hope this is simply the start to a great year...
-
Chapter 15 - Murder
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 15 - Murder
I hope when this all comes out; that Olona is forced to rethink her approach to how she does her business. This chapter made me so mad. These two are why perhaps all the Demifae need to be pushed out as well. -
Glad that Rocky is seeing a therapist, even if it was brought on by him remembering another traumatic event in his short life. I hope that therapy might be able to help hi deal with a few other issues as well, and this does explain his initial feelings about the gay kids in school. I really think the police should be informed immediately, doing so could help keep another kid from being subjected to what Bruce did to Rocky. Sexual assault or abuse is rarely about sex, but about power. Bruce likes being a bully for the same reason, power and the fear he generates in others. That said, would not be surprised at all if he had been subject to some type of abuse as well. Chapter made me sad, but glad that Rocky is getting some help. Think that Manny and Bass are right, Rocky is dealing with a lot, let him bring up his real mother, if and when he is comfortable doing so.
- 44 comments
-
- 10
-
-
A very enjoyable chapter, the guest house and the grounds seem to be a delight. The interior didn't seem to be quite to Vaughn's taste but the paintings really struck a chord with him. I think i would agree with Dante, never really understood gardens without some flowers and pops of color; and the smell of the flowers just add so much. Well, they seem to be getting closer, and the mention of marriage seem to be getting prevalent. But I think slow and steady wins this race; they still need to get to really know each other.
-
Chapter 14 - Mushrooms
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 14 - Mushrooms
Once again, Dozi was lucky she had Tchama with her. Men can be disgusting; but through in some alcohol and watch out. I too miss Ilya. -
Love me a good whodunnit, or why did they do it.
-
Chapter 13 - The *Final* Last Drive-in
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 13 - The *Final* Last Drive-in
Oh WOW, loved this one so much... Love Joe Bob, and this sounds just like him.... -
Chapter 12 - The First Shifts
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 12 - The First Shifts
Well, obviously, your editor is brilliant. -
Featured Story: The Brillant Boy Billionaire
centexhairysub commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Love this story... So well done and the characters all just draw you in. -
Chapter 12 - The First Shifts
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 12 - The First Shifts
I would think that Olona would have been more careful about who she sold weapons to; asked more questions or done something to ensure it was not going to be used on a person or shift. Seems sort of like a dereliction of duty; but I guess as a businessperson, you can only do so much. I wonder how Abernathy's so-called friends are going to react to his body modification? -
The Talk, and Manny Gets Another Welcome
centexhairysub commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Talk, and Manny Gets Another Welcome
I think that Manny handled the conversation with Bobby really well. And Bass was there to back him up and support him; plus the food analogy was really well done, had never thought of that before. Rocky is getting more comfortable, but still wish there was some hint that he was getting some therapy. Excellent chapter, everything appears to be jelling really well, almost too well. LOL -
Keith and Thomas seem to be moving forward and it all appears to be going well; but Greg and Bart are right, shopping and assembly of furniture are never something should do early in a relationship. LOL The parts about Africa just made me sad. Hate wins way too often. And there is plenty to go around.
-
Chapter Twenty-Three: Breach
centexhairysub commented on drown's story chapter in Chapter Twenty-Three: Breach
Honestly, a little disappointed in Mark's reaction. Yes, Chronos is a Construct, but they seem to be divided, why assume that all are against them? Doesn't matter how much he has learned; it obviously was not enough. I am glad that Sebastian seems to be truly sorry, and glad that both Grey and Dave have forgiven him for his past actions. Well, the Triad is more than any of us realized. Can't wait to see what happens next. -
Chapter 11 - Dry Land
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 11 - Dry Land
I am so glad this trio has decided to stay together; and so glad that they found Hazel Cove. And I fully agree with both @drpaladin and @Adam Andrews Johnson, Djaruki would be horrified to realize she ended those villains lives, even though they fully deserved it. She might kill to protect but never out of hate. -
Weekly Wrap Up (Jun. 2 - Jun. 8)
centexhairysub commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Well, I am all over the place on tipping. For a set down meal, 20% for just good to average, but I go 30% for excellent; for me to go under 15%, they have to be bad, and anything less, someone is going to hear about it. I usually will not go under 10% because you never know what is going on that might have prevented better service, but if I can tell they just don't care, I carry a few quarters to leave. Much like @CassieQ, I feel if you don't leave something, they think you just forgot or someone else took it. I have left up to 150% for truly exceptional service and as little a .25 cents to make a point. In Texas, the wait staff is paid 2.13 a hour, and without tips, a waiter, even a good one can't make it. That said, I do not tip at any fast-food restaurant. I use to round up, but found out that when I do that to supposedly help a charity, even a worthy one like Ronald McDonald Houses, McDonalds puts all the money together and gets a tax break for it. So, I just give directly to something that I want to support. Only knew two of the words this week, had to look up the other ones. Thanks for the thoughts and wrap up. Great as always. -
Chapter 10 - To the Sea
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 10 - To the Sea
Unfortunately, in many ways this story reflects reality, the world tends to hate anything that isn't just like them. -
Oh, I hate this, I am really not going to like it if Jake is really blind permanently, although with this type of spinal injury, you just don't know what might else have occurred. Lots of changes coming; and well a hell of a lot of inheritance to be situated. I wonder if this is a standard will for someone in the late Baron's position, or was it particular to him, and if so, why did he set it up like that. We need background. Seems more than a little strange that so many of the businesses and ledgers don't appear to be fully up to date. Once again, why? Lots of unanswered questions; @Justin4Fun, you have 48 hours to supply the answers or there will be consequences. LOL
- 22 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
Chapter 9 - The Forest
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 9 - The Forest
Oh, so glad that Djaruki meet up with these two. I hope they can make their way to Teshon City; but at least there is some safety in numbers; although all three of these seem to be able to take care of themselves. -
Well, Greg is doing better than I expected, but seems a little therapy might go a long way. That said, therapy isn't just for everyone, and you have to want to put in the work, and it is work for it to do any good. Len was a surprise but a nice one. Love how the estate seemed to be set up, and a great story if Greg would be okay with Vaughn doing a story about it. I am glad that Vaughn and Dante were able to track Greg down. They both do have a caring side that really comes through. Heyward is still somewhat of a mystery. Can't wait for the next chapter.
-
So glad that Manny is home, let's hope he continues to improve both physically and mentally. Let's hope they are able to move forward and get him on the transplant list. The fact that Rocky knows about his real mother doesn't surprise me, he is a smart kid, and probably more than a little nosy. He was sort of matter of fact about how she died, but he has had time to come to terms with it. Plus, the fact he knows about his father and the life he led, probably makes him somewhat immune to some of the situations involved. I am glad that he decided to stay friends with his two new friends. Let's hope the weekend goes well. Bass and Manny are smart to want to make sure that the other kid's parents are okay with the discussion before it happens. Excellent chapter, can't wait for the next update.
-
Chapter 8 - Gawa & Tisa
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 8 - Gawa & Tisa
Tisa and Gawa killed two men, that will probably be replaced immediately, with someone worse, and a few soldiers. But in doing so, they turned what could have been a great ally and pushed her away with their actions. Djaruki needs to find a group that is bent not on violence but resistance. Not that you can't have violence with that, but it is usually not the first choice. -
Chapter 7 - Z'Matri
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 7 - Z'Matri
Oh Lord, I know that there are evil people in their world, just as with any world. But not sure that cutting off their heads will really solve the problem, it just made things worse in some places over the years.
