Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Let's hope that Olano is able to continue to heal and the different treatments don't counteract anything that the others are doing. This group truly cares about each other and will protect, defend, and do what they can no matter what. A little surprised that Olona did not make sure whatever she was wearing could stand up to the blast from the weapon she placed on Abernathy. She had to know the level of power it was capable of, strange...
  2. Well, Her Royal Highness, the Princess Amelia backed down, I for one am shocked, thought she would put up more of a fight. If my memory serves, she did fall in love with one of Royal equerry, but don't recall off hand much about him except he was much older than here. The liaison between George, Calvert, and Carmella was delightful, not that it did much for me personally, but it just felt right. I think that taking Carmella as his official mistress, pending his children's reaction, may be one of the best decisions he has ever made; and that is saying alot. So, Calvert is not Sir Francis, and an equerry of the King. As @Darryl62 pointed out, this will give him more than a little financial security, but also puts him as someone that will be watched and hunted by the Mama's during the season... Bravo, truly Bravo @Mark Arbour
  3. Great round up as always, thanks for the work you do. I knew three of the words this week, yea me... Strangely enough, I know several Karen's but none of them are "Karen's".
  4. Well, a dramatic rescue and then the declaration, wonder how that will go over. LOL Interesting start to the story, inventive even, and the pacing and writing was really well done. Will be waiting to see how this progresses.
  5. Abernathy did not suffer enough, plus, I was really hoping that he would get into another fight with the Demifae, oh well. I do hope that Olona will be alright, maybe if she is, she has learned a valuable lesson about asking more questions before selling things that kill.
  6. Honestly, don't think that she suffered enough.. I was almost hoping that she would shift in some manner and Abernathy would go after her.
  7. Thoroughly enjoyed this chapter, and Vaughn and Dante continue to grow on me, and it appears each other. I just love how they interact and the dialog between them is just benne. Well, knowing Heyward or at least being in his circle seems to be still paying benefits; I wonder if Greta wasn't a little loose lipped, or was that on purpose? Such wonderful descriptive passages, and the real joy that @Robert Hugill displays in his writing shows how much he enjoys this subject matter as well.
  8. Well, we finally got an outside perspective on Tygo's abilities, and it makes me wonder what she does exactly and how it effects the rest of the world, or does it just effect the perspective of those within her bubble? Glad they are going to Teshon City, and can't wait for them to reach the Youth center...
  9. I need to go back and see if I did a recommendation for this story or not, it was excellent...
  10. Well, this seems to have taken place before the last chapter, but I hope that when Abernathy does show up, that everyone is ready for it. I don't want him to catch Olona by surprise or alone. Just love how accepting this group is, it's too bad that so many of those around them have not learned that lesson yet.
  11. centexhairysub

    Thirty

    Keith read something into it that wasn't there; but there was more than he was aware of because of the past, both his and Thomas's past. Bart was right, always be open and keep those lines of communication open, you may not always like what you hear back, but having the knowledge of what is going on is always better than what you will make up in your head. Really nice chapter, thanks for the update.
  12. Well, that did not go as well as they had hoped; but honestly, much like @drpaladin said, the arrogance of the Demifae will prove to be there undoing. Of course, I do think it would not hurt for Abernathy to kill a few more of them before he goes, but still. He may well go after Olona, but he will have to truly avoid his own people, will he get back to Croosen or will the others get to her first, who will she side with; and will she be able to side with anyone in the shape she is in.
  13. Well, I would not expect it to be easy, but this group should be able to take Abernathy. Olona may well have a way of disarming the weapon, but they don't realize that he has taken the mantis gland of one of those he killed. Will they be ready for his new abilities, I think not.
  14. Well, it seems that Muhammed was taking too long to get back to the mountain, so the mountain decided to visit Muhammed, and just like that Maio is here. Is Deia with here, who are the others, all druids? Where the hell did Luis get to? Why did he pick this moment to leave, is it part of the curse, or just him being an ass. Still think it was a mistake to send Chronos away; was he really lying or simply not revealing the whole truth? Truly interesting chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
  15. As always, thanks for bringing these works out in this forum.
  16. Thoroughly enjoyable story about what it means to be family. In some ways, the families you care about the most are the ones that you choose to make. Really interesting and enjoyable characters that draw you in. Well written and pacing was first rate; I did find the ending a little abrupt, but part of that is me, I never want the stories to end. They need to continue forever. LOL There are some rough areas, but the author does a really good job handling them and warning that they are coming so not to trigger anyone that would have an issue with them.
  17. Really love how this was all finished up. Rocky got what he wanted and more importantly needed. Manny and Bass found what they needed in each other. I could have of course used a few more chapters; but then I never want the stories to really end but go on forever. Can't wait for your next one, enjoy your time away.
  18. I have a feeling that Abernathy's so-called friends made a visit, and too bad he was not there, might have gotten a bunch of them killed. Strange, I do think that Abernathy really does care about Croosen, would not have thought he had it in him to care that much about anyone but himself.
  19. Highly recommend this story, it was a great read.
  20. Loved everything about this chapter; it was just well, brilliant. The writing was so descriptive, and you could just feel and smell the atmosphere of the house and gardens. And Vaughn even when caught up in conversations that he found interesting did notice that something seemed off; but I do think Dante is right, it was almost like two separate gatherings happening at the same time. Ercole seems really interesting, and more than a little interested. And if you don't think there is money under the counter so to speak in anything construction wise like roads, you are foolish beyond measure. This was just a true delight on this Monday morning...
  21. These three could truly change everything. I do hope they continue on to Teshon City, but this would be a nice place to take a break and figure a few things out.
  22. Well personally, I think that Grey, Dave, and Mark are acting like toddlers and need a time out. Chronos while he has been obtuse, has been more helpful than anything else sense they meet up. I think turning him away was truly a mistake. Glad that Mark is back and he and Sebastian seem to be forming a tight bond; but at the end, is it one or the other or the fact they are both together? Nice update.
  23. As always, thanks for the update and the words of the day...
  24. I am torn, I could actually see Claire and Luke being really good together; but at the same time, the thought of Claire with anyone other than Jack just seems a little off-putting to me. I know, it is probably just me, but the idea that one person from this family could stay with the same person and be truly happy was so delightful, but people change and the fact they have been together since they were in their middle teens might work against them. They really never got a chance to see how they worked with anyone else seriously. Luke has always been an interesting secondary character; and the fact that he is about a decade or so older doesn't really bother me. However, if they got together and then broke up, talk about drama. Luke was actually really good with the kids, but of course, he has been on the periphery of the family for such a long time, he would know everyone and how to relate to them all. JJ needs to figure out that his family is not the enemy. Yes, they have caused him issues over the years, but never truly on purpose. And honestly, I think that while JJ likes to be separated from them by a continent, he would never get over it, if they truly separated from each other. I think that Kris is good for JJ; but I hope that when Sunday gets here, that JJ proves just as good for Kris.
  25. Family, nothing beats it but a 2 x 4. LOL. The love and support that this group has and gives is outstanding. They are there for each other and all those that they care about; and even those that each other care about. Love to see how those that care can pull together in a moment of crisis. For so many in small towns and the country that find family, food, faith, and love can damn near fix anything.
×
×
  • Create New...