centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,882 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
Chapter 6 - Unadi & Olona, Part One
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 6 - Unadi & Olona, Part One
Olona and Lahari came with Ilya to help Unadi. I have to admit that @drpaladin has already shared my concern that came up while Olona was reading; will turning the photonova gland off do the same thing that removing it does? Or will Unadi being older allow it to work, oh, just so many questions. Why is it that so often those at the margins of so-called society are often the ones willing to risk or give the most??? -
I honestly do not believe he is; I don't think that Stef would keep that from Will. He knows how much this is stressing Will out and they have such a tight bond.
- 45 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
-
Holy Hell, is Stef going to turn out to be a Daddy??? LMFAO I do not really think that Stef is Travis's father, that said, are we sure that Miranda even knows for sure who it is? Will on a Grand Tour, and with JP as a guide, how delicious. I can see them absorbing some culture, admiring hot men, and an adventure or two along the way. I love how JP can be the mild mannered history professor and then on a dime; he turns into Don Corleone. It always amazes me how someone with huge amounts of money can lose it all; or almost all of it. But it happens much more than people realize. I swear common sense is something that so few people have, and damn, you just can't buy it. Wonderful chapter, Bravo, Mark, Bravo...
- 45 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
Chapter 5 - Ilya, Part One
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 5 - Ilya, Part One
Unadi sounds very lonely. I hope that Olona is able to do something to help him. Ilya is truly a good person with a good heart. She kept asking questions even when she found out that being near Unadi was making her sick. Her first thought was how to help him. We also got to see some of Ilya's thoughts and why she truly is special. -
Chapter 4 - Kosephaji, Relliduna, & Pelipi; Part Two
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 4 - Kosephaji, Relliduna, & Pelipi; Part Two
Ogomo is great. Of course, being his size probably helps. Kosephajil is fearful, but has more talent than he suspects. Relliduna or Duna is getting better each day. Pelipi is still a little of a mystery. What is his state of being? Nahil may be able to help Kosephajil more than she knows. Excellent... -
Chapter 3 - Kosephaji, Relliduna, & Pelipi; Part One
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 3 - Kosephaji, Relliduna, & Pelipi; Part One
Wonderful chapter, the three new additions to our story are all interesting and can't wait to see where this trip leads them. They obviously needed to be away from where they were. Great flow to this chapter, and these new characters are fascinating. -
I truly don't even know where to start with this chapter. Let's start with the problems, Caroline has lost her mind. That is the only logical thing that I can come up with to explain her letter and actions. I truly hoped and believed that George and Caroline would make it; I know they had their issues but always thought they would come through them intact. Caroline does not have a leg to stand on in any attack on George. The few that would believe her without her having letters in George's handwriting or having a man willing to say he slept with George, no one that counts will ever believe her. She will come off as a shrew that was thrown over by her husband after her affairs; one at least that he acknowledged and forgave her for by keeping the child. I just don't know what will come of this. Daventry and Granger will have a busy off season, the ton have left London and this will require both of them to travel to placate both the King and the Prince of Wales. On top of this, they both need to check out their new holdings and their tenants. I foresee that Granger's trip North may be interesting on several levels. Glad that George and his father are making inroads to getting back on a good even keel in their relationship. I don't trust Davina but she isn't stupid, and not sure Freddie isn't. The visit with the Russian Ambassador was revelatory on both their parts. The Ambassador got some great information on his new boss, Tsar Alexander and a little insight into how the British government will act in regards to this moving forward at least for a while. Granger got the gift of a fabulous home site and more than enough money to make a real splash. And John Nash will do him proud, a real statement place. WOW, just such a full chapter, can't wait for the next one...
- 32 comments
-
- 19
-
-
-
-
Chapter 2 - Thech & Jzuna, Part Two
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 2 - Thech & Jzuna, Part Two
Kynpri died but at least she got to tell her children that she loved them; and found someone to take care of them. So Bivon is also a shift, I wonder why he was showing up on Lonklam's radar so much? Well you can tell how Ronging rates; Lonklam was ready to fully sacrifice him to get at the photonova glands that he sensed. I mourn with Jzuna and Thech. -
Well, we got to know Lucas and Jubal better; and I think that both may prove to be good men. Have to wonder what Lucas's connection to Larkspur is going to turn out to be. Jubal came face to face, so to speak, with those that done him wrong. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of the one that got away. Neither Jubal or Lucas was glad that they took a life, not even Jubal, that they had robbed before. The setting for this story though often gave you few options, it could easily be kill or be killed. I can't wait to see what happens next.
- 137 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
Chapter 1 - Thech & Jzuna, Part One
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 1 - Thech & Jzuna, Part One
Oh, Hell to the NO... Jzuna and Thech are so lucky that they have their mother, Kynpri is an unusual and inspiring woman. I am going to be very unhappy if anything happens to these three or Bivon. -
Prologue - Aftermath of the Massacre
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Prologue - Aftermath of the Massacre
Pleasure him???? Let's hope it was with a two by four inserted in certain body parts. I don't see this grouping of Lonklam and Ronging is a good thing. -
JP and Will on a Grand Tour, how very exciting. I hope that JP knows what he is getting into, LOL. I love how decisive JP still is; he will do anything to make sure that those he loves are protected and ready to meet any adversity. It says a lot that Brad was ready with the answers on Buck Industries. He knew this would be important to Will so when he came back from the trip he made sure to stay on top of it. Travis is gone; and even though Will knew he was leaving, it hit him harder than he thought. Can't wait to see what happens next....
- 25 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Chapter 1 Lost and Found
centexhairysub commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 1 Lost and Found
Jubal Coyle appears to be mighty interesting to me already. Can't wait to get to know him some more. Lucas Rush while not as interesting has some possibilities as well. Will have to see how they mesh. Hate that he had to kill his horse, almost nothing worse, but you don't want to the animal to suffer. Larkspur, you say? I wonder how this story will tie in. Well, putting the tea pot on and getting ready for every Monday for a while. Welcome Back.- 81 comments
-
- 19
-
-
-
So thrilled, Granger got a new title; and William gets a step up on his title as well. Daventry got a new title and a knighthood, much deserved for both. But the real surprise was they were both added to the Privy Council. For two men of their age; that was truly almost unheard of, and truly cemented the power and influence of both of them. Granger received silently the apology from the Duke, and gave absolution the same way. Let's hope these two can start to work together rather than at cross purposes. I know the Duchess would be most thankful. And Granger is truly the best dressed Naval Officer there, and could we expect any less? Shopping with Brummell was no small feat. And won 20 guineas in the process. Winkler is irreplaceable. Granger, Daventry, and Cavendish are truly impressive and formidable.
- 41 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
Okay, the obvious first, so glad that Will and Marie have both decided to go to Harvard. I think it will be a good experience for them both. That said, waiting this long for housing means they are screwed. Will is right though, they can just get a place of their own or stay with Matt and Wade; would be a good way to bring that group back into the story more. Now to Travis. I understand the decision that Travis has made but disagree with it wholeheartedly. Will would be a great resource and companion on his jaunt to disappear and potentially save his life. Not sure if he realizes how vulnerable he could be on his own. Excellent chapter, Mark, can't wait for the next one.
-
A truly wonderful adventure full of bold characters and well written escapades. Had someone recommend this to me when the story was about fifteen chapters into it. I quickly caught up and waited impatiently each day for a new posting. The story is reminiscent of a few others; but has a truly unique take on an old idea. The characters were so interesting and fully fleshed out; even the secondary characters that we did not see much were oh so interesting. Loved Wanda. Don't start this unless you have time to finish it as you will not be able to stop reading until you have consumed it all. Bravo, truly Bravo.
- 3 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Who is Travis Buck's biological father?
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
Initially, I thought immediately of Lark/Scott. It popped into my head and I stated as much a chapter or two ago; but now I am not so sure. The very reason that @GLH believes it will be Lark/Scott; is the very reason that I now doubt it. It would be just too obvious. I do wonder why Brad seems to know or suspect something. This made me wonder about Robbie; but then when I got to figuring out the time frame, Greg Anders would have been a good choice too. I suspect we will know sooner rather than later... -
Yes, Sedwick is a short Prince no more; and smart enough to just go back to what he was. Raimey, Getrell, Kundun, and the others are in for an exciting tale. Lodda banished himself; and now will know nothing but emptiness. Porvus was changed, how much remains to be seen. Jamie and the group will always be in each others lives; but they all will have their own path to walk. The world is safe, but ever changing. I foresee many more adventures; told or untold remain to be seen.
- 94 comments
-
- 19
-
-
And just what does Brad know??? And why does he know it? I do think Brad is right about Harvard. Will needs to go, even if it isn't all the way through to graduation. Will is to smart to let his grades fall and he can transfer anywhere he will want to if he makes that decision. Travis was right to seek someone like Brad out; he would know what stocks were at least worth holding onto and what should have been dumped already. With Big and Taylor afraid to or unwilling to take on their father, then Travis would be the only one that could. I think Curtis Buck would be willing to kill Travis, if he thought he was not his biological son. From everything we have seen he is ruthless and Travis is right, he has never treated him like the others. I suspect that Curtis Buck's father knew the truth and did what he could to protect Travis, that is why his trust is structured so differently. Damn, this is almost as good as a supper at Escorial, and you get the views here.
- 33 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
So the last battle has started and Lodda attacked Porvus as rabidly as he did the others. Nothing Lodda says can be trusted; and I am sure the other nor Porvus do. I still can't tell that the Oracle is controlling Lodda, I suspect that Lodda is simply that power hungry and mad. Jamie and the others saved Porvus, not sure if that was a mistake or not. The fact that they can understand what Lodda and the Oracle are saying and they don't realize it is a huge plus for their side. The Oracle is trying to take the group far enough from their Sun that they will lose power but the machines that Lodda and the Oracle have created will not. The group must find a way to stop the Gateway from opening or stop the ship from passing through it. The fact the group, minus Porvus, acts so readily as one; may be there greatest advantage. Can't wait for tomorrow. NOW NOW NOW
- 36 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
So Lodda has been met; even if he did not fully realize it. He seems more formidable than Porvus; and I feel that Porvus may not stand as well against him as even he suspects. I suspect that Porvus is right; and the machines of the Ancients will give Lodda at least a momentary advantage. Plus, Lodda may be ready to attack anything since he could sense the group such a short time before, could he think it was Porvus trying to reach him? Jamie and the other, but especially Jamie, take every opportunity to learn and advance their knowledge. The fact the knowledge is now shared between them is wonderful. Not sure that the group is truly ready to face Lodda and the machines of the Ancients; but any delay will just give Lodda and the Oracles more time to try and open the gate. Let's hope that the next step is not calamitous for any in our group, would hate to lose any of them...
- 44 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
Well, I do feel that this first in person meeting with Porvus was a little bit disappointing. Not bangs, no booms, no death... Porvus could be right; opening the gate to the other worlds could bring those races back and have them attempt to destroy this world. That could prove just as deadly as if Lodda was able to control some type of firing system that he could use to hit the world where he wanted, when he wanted. I never even considered this possibility. Paget fleeing as he did makes me wonder how he has attacked what he and Porvus considered the lower races. His fear was real; and now he knows that those they were trying to eliminate will be able to start to fight back in a more coordinated nature. Snave is angry and yet, Porvus to some extent is right, Snave came after them not the other way around. Geert is upset at the attack on his Master, and rightly so, Porvus is right in that he seemingly has made enemies of almost everyone in his past that he cannot control or influence. Is Lodda truly under the control of the other Oracle or just power hungry? Which would really be worse? Excellent chapter, keep them coming...
- 39 comments
-
- 17
-
-
