Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 3,463 Words
  • 4,142 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Caesura - 12. Chapter 12

 

The moment Diarmad opened his eyes, it felt as if the light singed the inside of his skull. Quickly, he averted his face from the window as nausea roiled his stomach. He only dared look around when the menacing pulsar in his head calmed down. A presence had touched his mind. His heartbeat quickened. Who is there? Squinting at an undefined, grey blob to his left, he blinked a few times. Finally the blurry shadow switched into focus: Ronan was sitting in a chair in front of the door looking grim—a sword across his thighs.

“Ronan,” Diarmad whispered, then tried unsuccessfully to sit up.

As soon as his chief of security heard his name, he looked up, then jumped out the chair and rushed over. "You’re awake! How are you feeling, my lord?"

Without thinking, he blurted out the first word that came to mind. “Weak.”

Ronan stood beside his bed smiling tentatively down at him, but Diarmad only had eyes for the gleaming weapon the man had yet to put down. Then suddenly, something red seemed to drip from its blade. Shocked by the obvious mirage, he recoiled. Vague images of a Verdonian version of King Migol’s daughter Misa floated through his muddled brain. Concentrate. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. Now, everything smelled of blood. On a whim, his hand went to his neck, where he found several thin, ragged lines, still slightly sore to the touch. Noël fought with this sword! Diarmad’s throat closed up; his tongue too thick to form more words than the much needed: “Noël?”

"He is fine, my lord,” Ronan quickly assured him. He grabbed a glass of water and held the bent straw near Diarmad’s mouth. “He would be here by your side if Landyn had not ordered him down to the kitchen. The boy needed food and something to drink before he could give you any more blood."

Diarmad quickly swallowed some of the water. “More blood?”

“You’re still low, my lord. This and the remnants of Misa’s poison, which is still circulating through your system, are the reasons you are feeling this weak and your wounds are not fully healed yet.”

The words that stood out were ‘Misa’ and ‘poison’. “It was not a dream? She is really here?” He tried to get up again.

“Not any more, my lord. She is dead.” Ronan set the glass down on the nightstand and then proceeded to help Diarmad sit up by quickly placing pillows behind his back, so he could lean against the headboard more comfortably. “Do you remember anything of what happened? That Misa and her mate tried to assassinate you?”

“Misa tried to assassinate me?” Diarmad frowned. That sounded wrong somehow.

“And she almost succeeded!”

No. Slowly the fog in his brain lifted. Misa had not tried to kill him. Not at first, at least. That had been a misunderstanding, an accident. What Ronan did not know was her plan had been much more perfidious. Or did he know? Diarmad warily eyed the sword now laying by his feet on top of the comforter. Not Ronan.

“Why is Noël here?”

“He saved your life! After Misa ripped your throat open, the wound wouldn’t close. The only cure we could think of was your mate’s blood!”

“A grave mistake,” Diarmad croaked, then paused to take a few quick sips of water. “How could you be so reckless? And Landyn! He should have never brought him here and exposed him to such a dangerous situation.”

“There was no other way! Noël was the only one who could help you. You were threatening to bleed to death! What do you think he or Landyn would have done to me if I hadn’t called him?”

“Would they have even cared?”

"What? Are you honestly doubting their loyalty? You believe they wish for your death?”

He shook his head. Deep down, he knew that Landyn was an honorable man who would stand by his king if needed, no matter what he thought about him personally. And Noël?

Diarmad needed to quickly decide whom he could still trust. He knew Misa had had an accomplice, a person close to him who had been under her mental influence. Now that she was dead, they shouldn’t be an immediate threat anymore. But could he dare investigate by himself? Or should he talk to Ronan, even if the man could be the traitor? Maybe if he observed him while he explained Misa’s plan he could detect a reaction that would reveal him as the betrayer or prove his innocence.

Then he remembered an ancient ritual. In old times, they used to perform tests on all close employees. Arrogantly, he had thought he would not need those anymore. How had he been proved wrong! Even loyal people could be manipulated to betray him. Even he had been manipulated.

“Ronan, before we talk anymore I have to ask you for the Provoj de Lealtad,” he stated, and with great effort, swung his legs around so he could sit on the edge of the bed, and took the sword in hand.

“The loyalty test, my lord? But why? I would never....”

“Ronan!”

“Of course, of course. Forgive me,” he quickly conceded.

“Kneel!” Diarmad poised the sword tip at Ronan’s neck. “Lower your mental barriers.” To emphasize his resolve, he pressed down shakily until he drew blood. “I warn you. I may still be weak, but if I find one single shield still up, I will end you.” It was a cruel demand to expose one’s complete self to their King, which was why Diarmad had not enforced this until then, but after what had happened, he had to be absolutely certain of his chief of security. To his great relief, Ronan dropped one shield after the other without hesitation.

“I will scan you now.”

“Acknowledged.”

Reluctantly, he sifted through Ronan’s mind and found him innocent.

Now he confessed the sordid details of his failure as king, as protector of his people, as mate, and as lover, regardless of how bad he looked.

“That conniving bitch!” Ronan suddenly kicked one of the chairs half through the room, then he fell on his knees. “My king. I failed you. I should have protected you better. It explains so much. Gods! We just accepted your strange moods, but never considered an attack. You never had a chance. Can you forgive me?”

To Diarmad’s utter astonishment, Ronan didn’t see his king as a failure, but a victim. On top of that, he blamed himself for the disaster. He didn’t understand the embarrassment, the disgrace Diarmad felt, but insisted on his fault and immediately wanted inform the council, Landyn, and more importantly, Noël of Misa’s plot. And for a short moment, Diarmad was tempted and almost agreed. He only had to tell Noël about the drug, the betrayal, and everything could be well again—it had not been his fault. Right? Wrong!

With the drug mostly flushed out of his system by Noël’s blood, Diarmad was glad that he was finally able to think clearly again. His mind felt blessedly balanced, and he realized he had to forbid Ronan to disclose what he had just revealed. “You will not talk about this. Let them think it had been a failed, albeit amateurish, assassination attempt.”

"But my lord, we have to find the conspirer. They are still a threat to you. We can now combine forces with Landyn’s men and quickly expose them." He hesitated briefly. "And I think you should especially talk to Noël. If he learned the details about this conspiracy, he would definitely reconsider—"

"No! That is exactly what I want to avoid. I will not destroy Noël‘s life again. All we will tell the others is that Misa wanted to overthrow me and become queen of Earth, nothing more. I do agree with you that we have to find who helped Misa so that no one else will ever find out about her plan. Ronan, I know I am repeating myself, but you have to promise me never to tell anybody about this, not even your mate. Noël must never know of this. Swear it."

In the end, Diarmad simply let Ronan swear on everything that was dear to him never to tell anyone.

Noël had found a new love, and deep in Diarmad’s heart, he knew Kristof loved Noël, probably more than Diarmad ever had, seeing how readily he had doubted him. Kris was good for him; he adored him, and most of all, he would never betray him as Diarmad had. He had forfeited his right to call Noël mate after everything he did.

"You're my king, I do as you command.” Determined, Ronan looked Diarmad in the eye. “I promise this will be the last time I will ever say this... I think you're making a mistake. I've seen Noël today, how he looked at you. He—”

Ronan stopped mid-word when Noël entered the room, followed by Landyn. "Diarmad! How are you?" He came over, grabbed Diarmad’s chin, and turned his head to look at his neck. Running a cool finger over the spot where the wound had been, he muttered, "There are only some fine red lines left. Shit, you could have bled to death! I didn't know that was even possible.”

Only when he noticed everyone in the room was staring at him, he flushed red and quickly stepped back. “Landyn took a sample from her talons. We will analyze the substance she used so we can look for countermeasures. Something that can prevent a Seraei king from healing must be some strong concoction. The wound only closed when Landyn washed it out and I dripped some of my blood on it."

All he wanted at that moment was to reassure his mate so, without thinking about it, Diarmad took Noël‘s hand. "I am much better. I should probably stay in bed until tomorrow, but then I will be fine. Thank you for coming for me, lo... Noël."

"After Landyn dragged me out of class, he broke every speed limit on the way here. It’s a miracle we weren’t pulled over by the police.” He shoved the sleeve of his shirt over his elbow and presented his wrist to Diarmad. “You will need more blood to be able to fully recover."

For a long moment Diarmad stared at the blue vein pulsing with Noël‘s heartbeats; the only blood he was able to ingest as long as he lived was calling to him, and then he shook his head. "No, I am fine. I think I will manage—”

"I call bullshit when I hear it! Anyone can see you can barely stand upright. You need more blood, so shut up and drink. And before you get anymore great ideas, I’ll stay in the house and you will drink more in the evening and tomorrow morning." He looked at Diarmad, silently daring him to object. Diarmad didn't. He knew Noël was right, even lying in bed he had felt dizzy and exhausted.

In the end, Noël stayed at Sundial House for three more days. During that time, he made Diarmad take his blood every six hours until the scars Misa caused had vanished and everyone confirmed that the king had fully recovered, at least physically.

Two days after Noël had gone home again, Diarmad was sitting on the stone bench of his Japanese garden. It had felt good to have Noël close by again, even if it had been only for a short period. With the poison out of his system and nobody manipulating him, he had also learned that the mate bond still existed, at least for him, and he was now experiencing the full impact of his loss. Still, Diarmad knew he had made the right decision.

When he heard the gentle crunch of steps on gravel, he turned his head and saw Ronan coming to him.

“My lord, I was in the cellar, checking on the bodies. After the fight, we put Misa’s and her mate’s bodies in one of the old storage rooms, but soon we will have to decide what to do with them. They are too alien to stay here on Earth. If we bury them and the humans will find them one day... We should probably cremate them and disperse the remains on the grounds.”

After short consideration, Diarmad shook his head. “No. We will inform the King of Tracct of all the facts we know so far that led to their death, and ask him what to do with the bodies. As she already murdered their father to become queen, he knows of her obsession with power and what she was willing to do to gain it. If we keep this a secret, on the other hand, we only draw suspicion on us. Maybe he will want to inspect the corpses to confirm our words. We should invite him or a representative to Earth. Or better though, as it is their home planet, and the rule that mated Seraei are not to visit other planets does not apply, I will visit Tracct and personally explain the situation to him.”

Ronan immediately contradicted him. “It is much too dangerous for you. We do not know if there is still someone out there wanting to kill you. As your chief of security, I vote strictly against this plan. I will go through the portal and do the handover myself.”

“Do you think you have time for this? Isn’t Becca is due anytime now?” Diarmad interjected.

“Nonsense! Becca says the baby isn’t ready to leave their cozy apartment yet. It will take at least a week or two until the birth of the baby. That’s time enough.”

After putting Carl in charge of protecting the King, and preparing the bodies for the jump, Ronan was ready to drive to the closest portal when Lionel came running after him. “Stop! Stop! You can’t leave! Becca just went into labor!”

In the end, they determined Diarmad should contact the King of Tracct and explain the situation to him. When King Mael heard what his sister had done, he apologized profusely and decided he would send a servant to collect the bodies to cremate them as fast as possible. He also promised to contact the King of Verdonia and convey the news of the death of his daughter in order to prevent diplomatic strife between Earth and Verdonia.

Little Ruy was born without complications, albeit a little sooner than expected. As was Seraei custom, the naming ceremony took place forty-eight hours after the birth. Diarmad had not been surprised that Ronan and Becca chose Noël and Landyn to be their son’s guardians. Ronan joked they only did it to ensure their son would get lifelong piano lessons for free, but seeing how Noël cared for the kids at the Music &Art Center, he knew why they really did it.

Landyn, the ever-alert protector, who would see all the possible things that could happen to the little boy before they actually harmed him, was his second guardian.

The ceremony took place in Sundial House’s 'Roman Garden'. While both men made their vows to always guard and watch over little Ruy, the air was filled with the scent of cypresses, rosemary, and sage. When Becca looked at him strangely, Diarmad suspected his smile was a little wooden while he performed the naming. Inside he was sad for not being one of the guardians. At the same time, he felt ridiculous. How could any sane parent choose him as guardian for their child, knowing what he did? So why was he even wondering why they didn't choose him?

After several hours, the pergola-enclosed garden felt stifling; the splashing of the fountain grated on his nerves, as did the happy laughter and low conversations. He felt excluded. While he made his way through the mulberry and fig trees, passed the marigolds and blooming saffron, he realized this was how he had to do penance; by being alone.

He knew he could not just wander off from the celebration; he had to go back eventually. And he better have a good excuse for why he left the garden in the first place. Then he remembered they had run out of ice. He grabbed the container, waved it around, and mouthed to Ronan he would get new ice. Then he walked back to the house; the perfect excuse for his absence.

Realizing how long he had been wandering around the gardens, lost in thought, Diarmad decided to take the shortcut through the library to the kitchen. Just when his hand touched the doorknob of the French doors, he heard voices.

"Kris, stop...." Noël demanded with a laughing voice.

"Ahh come on, let me see it again." Diarmad heard the rattle of a belt buckle, then a zipper.

"Hmmm... I can't believe you got this for me."

Got what for him?

"Shit, Kris! Fuck... ngh... Kris!"

"You're so sensitive. Lemme taste you. Come here...." Kris groaned.

It was obvious what they were doing in his library, and hot anger and jealousy suddenly surged through him. He was about to tear open the door and yell at them to stop, but as fast as those feelings flared up, they deflated. What right did he have to storm into that room? No right at all.

While he stood outside, pressing his forehead against the plaster of the wall, he fought against the images their words evoked in him: Noël leaning against one of the dark oak bookshelves, his pants shoved down his thighs, his beautiful cock hard and wet against his abs... That noise he made in the back of his throat when he was close. He could almost smell him as if he were there in the room with him, as if it was him on his knees in front of Noël. His penis hardened; he pictured his lips nibbling at the mark on his hipbone, his tongue running over his hard length, sampling his salty essence, his hands kneading those hard globes, his finger... until Kris' inquiring voice brought Diarmad back to harsh reality. "Does it hurt?" It would never be him again.

Wait, hurt?

"No, not anymore," Noël hissed, and it was almost if they were in a scuffle. "Stop Kris, we can't do that here." His voice was very adamant all of a sudden. Had he heard him outside? The thought made him grin.

"Why not?" Kris' annoyance could clearly be heard, and Diarmad had to admit he liked that too.

"You know why. We're not at home; somebody could come in any minute. We said we were getting ice; they're probably already waiting for us. What if they wonder why we're taking so long and come looking for us?"

Diarmad thought about taking a few steps back and then making some noise, so that they knew he was coming and they were forced to stop whatever they were doing. And why would Noël be hurt? What did he do for Kris? Another tattoo? One to cover his mark? Would he want to get rid of it? His hand went to the mark on his chest. He was shocked how much the mere thought hurt him.

"You mean what if he comes looking for us?" Kris asked grimly.

"It doesn't matter if it's Diarmad or anybody else, Becca's parents for example..."

Kris interrupted him. "But if it were him it would bother you the most. Right?"

It made Diarmad wonder how often they already had that or a similar conversation.

"Kris, don't start. I'm with you babe. I love you..."

They fell silent, and he imagined Noël enfolding Kris in his arms, running his hands soothingly over his shoulders, stroking his jaw with the back of his finger....

"Love...."

"It's just... I don’t understand....how could you choose me over him? He's so... I don't know, fucking beautiful and... he's a king for God's sake."

"You know all of this doesn't matter to me. I promise you here and now, even if he wanted me back again, I wouldn’t go back. You understand? I have you now, only you."

"Sometimes he reminds me of one of those sleek jungle cats, always on the prowl, and then I think that someday, he'll come to his senses, and he'll take you away from me."

Diarmad already had come to his senses and realized what he had done. And yes, he wanted Noël back, but he also knew that he had blown his chance.

As if to confirm this, Noël said, "That will never happen and you know it. He and I are over."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

 

Okay this was a little faster than last time. A big 'thank you' to my awesome and beta @Valkyrie.
Thank you reading! :D. Comments are always welcome. Or discuss the story with me/us here.
Copyright © 2017 aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 5
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

14 hours ago, Geemeedee said:

God. I’m glad the story is moving forward and that Diarmad was saved and he’s back in his right mind. But I may have to skip a few chapters until his martyrdom phase (I hope) passes.

 

Also: No real effort to find the traitor. And for enhanced beings, their seeming inability to hear nearby conversations and  approaching footsteps or smell others who are close suuuuuucks.

 

God. I’m glad the story is moving forward  (Yeah, me too.)

But I may have to skip a few chapters until his martyrdom phase   (There aren't that many chapters left.)

No real effort to find the traitor. ( You're right but D had to recover a little and it is hm....a few days, maybe a week since everything happened. I'm sure Ronan is on the look out.)

for enhanced beings, their seeming inability to hear nearby conversations and  approaching footsteps or smell others who are close suuuuuucks. ( Lol If you refer to the library scene, Let's assume Noël  has been a tiny bit distracted... )

Thank you for your comment and sharing your thoughts, Geemeedee.  :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Good for Noël having his priorities straight. Diarmad has his work cut out for him if they are to ever be reunited. Maybe he'll learn from this and he an even better king. 

 

I'm glad Diarmad survived of course. He's not a bad man. Just a wee bit dense. ;)

 

I'm glad Diarmad survived of course. He's not a bad man. Just a wee bit dense. (That sums it up perfectly lol)

Thank you Puppilull, for reading and commenting. :)

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well.  I'm left sad and disappointed.  I wonder how they can fix their relationship.  

I understand this. It has been a big mess though. All I can say is everything goes, not exactly in the next chapter probably. Thank you for reading an voicing your opinion. I always listen to my readers.

Edited by aditus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Thirdly said:
  • "Not any more, my lord. She is dead." - Whew, thank goodness. So many things went down, Di...it was craziness.
  • “That conniving bitch!” Ronan suddenly kicked one of the chairs half through the room. - Ronan, how I adore you.
  • "No! That is exactly what I want to avoid. I will not destroy Noël‘s life again." - *flips table over* Damn it, Di! Why do you insist on doing things the hard way? I oughta spank you.
  • After Landyn dragged me out of class, he broke every speed limit on the way here. - I love Landyn so much. Too much, even. He's gotta be my favorite character in this series. I mean, to back up Noel when his own boss was being a dick? He has my vote for "best buddy ever."
  • "Forever." - Forever, my ass. They all need a good spanking. Except Kris, we just need to find him someone else.

Ronan, how I adore you. (You're having a thing for the big brawny, emotional ones? :2thumbs:

I oughta spank you.(I don't know, he's doing the spanking usually....)

I love Landyn so much. (He kinda happened and now he's one of my favorites too.)

Except Kris, we just need to find him someone else. (Much better than killing him off with Val .:evil:)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, chonga said:

Oh no. Noel can't be in love with Kris 😢. I understand what he is mad but can please somebody make them both understand that they belong together. 

 

I'll probably skip the next few chapters. At least until they both get their heads and relationship back in track. 

can please somebody make them both understand that they belong together.  (That would be me, huh? )

Thank you for reading and commenting chonga. I always take my readers thoughts in consideration.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am intrigued and enchanted with this story. Keep up the good work. But please, do not make the martyrdom last too long. Unless it serves a purpose.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, LilDaddy98 said:

I am intrigued and enchanted with this story. Keep up the good work. But please, do not make the martyrdom last too long. Unless it serves a purpose.

Well..... one more chapter?

I'm glad you like my story! Thank you for reading and telling me how you feel. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, aditus said:

Well..... one more chapter?

 

:perks ears up:

 

Oh just one more chapter of the sads then????

 

:)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This made me sad. 😥And then the library scene made me want to hit somebody. Forever?? HA. Delusional, much? 🤣  Di needs to get over himself and get his mate back. I really don't like a whole lotta angst, so let this wallowing only take up half a chapter!! 😠 so we can get to the groveling and pleading and wooing. :yes:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I can’t really blame Noël. He’s had to have a life while D was being, well, a D.. Bit now that he knows what’s up, I can’t imagine that it’s not going to affect this thing with Kris. Thing is D is going to have to put in the work if there’s a chance of Noël even giving him an opening. 

 

But Adi, I’ll just remind you how uncomfortable it will be to write while hiding under a desk..😗

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Sad but inevitable i think ... what's the old saying?  You made your bed and now D has to lay in it. Excellent chapter!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sad but inevitable i think ... what's the old saying?  You made your bed and now D has to lay in it. Excellent chapter!!

Thank you tim.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You commented, Adi, that after your recent illness you could not write in English. You seem to have recovered that ability as you writing in English is back up to its previous high standard. I have a great deal of admiration for you as a writer of German birth and writing so well in what is to you a foreign language. You do an excellent job in English (when you are not ill!). We have only, is it one more chapter, of this book, but there is still the third book to look forward to. I am with you all the way! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

You commented, Adi, that after your recent illness you could not write in English. You seem to have recovered that ability as you writing in English is back up to its previous high standard. I have a great deal of admiration for you as a writer of German birth and writing so well in what is to you a foreign language. You do an excellent job in English (when you are not ill!). We have only, is it one more chapter, of this book, but there is still the third book to look forward to. I am with you all the way! 

Thank you, Will. I couldn't have done this without my wonderful editors @Lisa, @Zombie and @Valkyrie

Edited by aditus
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Awww   :(

I'm sooooorry !! What can I say, it feels awful to see someone like D. standing outside ("in the pouring rain" *) looking in - where the party is !

* It's more tragic this way ... :,(

In the first book, D. stood out as the beautiful, sometimes dominating king, who was kind and understanding - full of love for his mate. It's funny but I always thought he wasn't as confident as he pretended to be. Even when he started acting as an arsehole, it sounded horrible, but lame. Avoiding confrontations with Nöel. In the end he had to tell him what it was all about, but only bc he wanted him out of the house. It all sounded weak and cowardly.

He sometimes reminds me of Heracles. Sometimes the performer of great acts of courage, like the famous 12 labours (the capture of Cerberus in Hades), a slayer of monsters but also a civilizer - founding cities and warm springs. He suffered horribly and maintained a huge appetite for food, drink and women.

No "close" friends.

He married twice, had 2 children from his 1st marriage - who he killed in a fit of the crazies. His second wife killed him in a fit of jealousy by poisoning a robe she had him wear.

 

Somehow, I can see D. as the performer of acts of courage where his people are concerned, as the slayer of the monsters who try to kill him or the ones he loves - he defended Nöel from the poisonous parrot's mate, even though he was extremely weak, and he had done it before, with his former doctor and his father. As a civilizer, he has respected the planet he lives on, and his inhabitants. And he certainly has suffered tremendously - either by being under the influence of the foul turkey's poisonous herbs and not knowing who to trust anymore OR now, knowing what he has done to Nöel (even though with no fault of his own) and choosing never to tell his mate the real reason for what happened, bc he doesn't want to "destroy his life".

As for his love of food, we saw that with the way he was longing for Keith's goat cheese and tomato canapes (Yummy !) - as for women, well ... not (snort) ! BUT, his Nöel is still the one (yay !) and I suspect he will always be. The way I see it, their bond was always strong, bc the way D. reacted in jealousy, or distraught if Nöel was in some kind of danger showed that. Even Landyn's brother didn't last that long

I can see Kris as the jealous counterpart, but only in the way he complains - I can't see him poisoning poor Nöel.

I hope one of these days, Nöel will violate his telepath's oath and visit D.'s brain. As far as I can tell, it will be the only way to really know what happened and why.

Tschüss

look at how cray he looks GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Bookjunkie56 said:

He sometimes reminds me of Heracles. Sometimes the performer of great acts of courage, like the famous 12 labours (the capture of Cerberus in Hades), a slayer of monsters but also a civilizer - founding cities and warm springs. He suffered horribly and maintained a huge appetite for food, drink and women.

No "close" friends.

He married twice, had 2 children from his 1st marriage - who he killed in a fit of the crazies. His second wife killed him in a fit of jealousy by poisoning a robe she had him wear.

I'm thrilled

20 hours ago, Bookjunkie56 said:

I hope one of these days, Nöel will violate his telepath's oath and visit

spacer.png

Link to comment

I don't see the problem. After 60 or so years, Kris will meet his maker and all's well that ends well!

Yeah, I'm that cold hearted! 🎃

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Al Norris said:

I don't see the problem. After 60 or so years, Kris will meet his maker and all's well that ends well!

Yeah, I'm that cold hearted! 🎃

Freezing Cold Weather GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..