Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Flash Fiction - Second Shot - The Senior Year - 12. Chapter 12

Jason rubbed the towel over his head a last time before he wrapped it around his waist. As he ran the comb through his blond hair, he decided he needed to get it cut. With shorter hair he wouldn't need to shower a second time at home to get all the mud out.

Peter looked up from his book, still leaning against the pillows where Jason left him. A smile–almost a smirk–curled his lips.

"Feel better?"

"A bit, but still can't figure out what was up Matt's ass today." He dropped the towel and stepped into his boxers. "It doesn't make any sense."

Peter swung his legs over the end of the queen-sized mattress and hooked the waistband of Jason's underwear. "Why'd you do that? I'll just need to take them off you."

Despite the change in subject, Jason smiled back. "I prefer it that way."

Letting go after a half tug, Peter gave him a wink. "Yes, I know. But you can't always get what you want."

"In this case I can." Jason adjusted the blue and white cotton shorts and pulled a t-shirt from his drawer. "But what should I do about Matt? He can't keep doing that. He'll hurt Blake and get kicked off the team and probably out of school too."

"Have you talked to him yet?"

He nodded, then walked around the bed. "Tried, but he left before practice was over." Before Jason made it to the other side, Peter sank back down into his pillows.

"I assume you tried to call him." Peter patted the mattress by his leg, invitingly.

"Called, texted, emailed." He shrugged and scooted across the bedspread. A quick flip onto his back and Jason rested his head on Peter's lap. After staring at the ceiling for a few seconds, he closed his eyes. "Guess he doesn't want to talk about it right now."

"Didn't you say he wanted to talk?" Peter lazily ran a hand across Jason's chest and stomach.

Peter's fingers felt soothing and a touch erotic as they traced meaningless patterns across Jason's torso. Enjoying the feeling, Jason closed his eyes and rolled his neck.

"Do you know how good that feels?"

Without missing a stroke, Peter said, "Looking at your face, I've a good idea."

"It probably doesn't show how much I like this." He let the sensation continue a moment more. "And yes, Matt said he wanted to talk, but he doesn't act like it. "

Peter stayed quiet, but after a time his hand came to a rest. "Maybe he just needs some space to think before he speaks to you. That seems normal given the circumstances."

"What do you mean, circumstances?"

"Well…I mean he's upset."

Twisting, Jason turned until he stared at Peter. "No, that's not what you meant. Tell me what you really think."

Rather than answer, Peter stared at the closed bedroom door. His comment sounded so certain that Jason knew he thought more about this than he'd said. "Seriously, tell me what you meant."

"It's just…I mean…Don't you think it's a bit weird how he flipped out?"

"Of course." He'd been thinking about it ever since it happened. "The question is why."

Shifting his weight to get more comfortable, Jason kept his gaze on Peter. Clearly his boyfriend had some theory on what happened, but he seemed hesitant to share. The indecision reflected on his Peter's face soon turned into a look Jason knew very well. When Peter turned toward Jason, he'd made a decision.

"I think he's not happy having another gay teammate." He shrugged, almost defensively. "Which is surprising given that Matt always seemed really comfortable around us, even when I couldn't resist kissing you."

"No." He shook his head. "I'm sure it's not that." Matt is a hot head and a bit black and white in his thinking, but not a homophobe.

Peter sat up, tucking one leg under the other. "How can you be sure? I mean from what you've said, it started on Saturday when he saw Blake with Ethan. Not hard to figure out what was up with them being together."

"Right, but that doesn't mean he doesn't like gay people." Whatever the issue, Jason knew it couldn't be that.

"So is he a closet case too? Like Blake?"

Now Pete was reaching. "Definitely not. And before you ask, I'll tell you why not. Matt and I have talked any number of times about this. His acceptance of me was the real him. He just doesn't see it as an issue – people being gay that is – let alone a problem."

"It has to be something. Has he ever gotten mad at Blake before? Mad enough to try to hurt him?"

"I've never seen Matt mad like that at anyone on the team." The answer triggered an image that cleared Jason's thinking. "I think I know."

"Know what?" The hint of annoyance in Peter's voice made Jason realize what'd he done.

"Sorry, I meant I think I know why he's so mad…."

The doorbell rang, cutting off Jason's answer.

"I'll get it." Peter swung his legs over the bed and twisted back. "Get dressed. If the bible thumpers are back, I want some help this time."

Jason flashed him a big smile. "But you handled them so well. Why drag me into this?"

"Just get dressed and come down, please?"

"How can I resist you when you beg?"

Peter squinted, his jaw slightly tight. "If you're not careful, you'll be begging later on." Holding the glare for an instant longer, Peter winked and disappeared out the door.

Scanning the room, Jason spied a pair of blue Graydon soccer shorts on a stack of clean clothes. Putting them on, he decided not to tempt fate and followed Peter. He heard the front door close just as he reached the head of the stairs.

"Who was it?" When he hit the last step, Jason stopped.

"Hey Jase." Matt said. "Is now a good time?"

I thought about cutting to a different 'scene' and coming back, but I think I'll pick up right where this one lets off.
Copyright © 2014 Andrew Q Gordon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Something tells me it's not what he is mad at but who he is mad at. Just can't tie in how though since Matt is supposed to be as straight as a pin guess I will have to find out next chapter eh?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 05:01 AM, Daithi said:
Something tells me it's not what he is mad at but who he is mad at. Just can't tie in how though since Matt is supposed to be as straight as a pin guess I will have to find out next chapter eh?
What? Who? Why? Yup I promise to answer most of those soon. Promise. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sorry to say I am hating this flash fiction ~ I am still reading though ;) Start a new scene and ima have to hunt you down. LMFAO :)~ Anyway, glad you are keeping these guys ~ this story ~ alive!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

B) ...............Chapter 11 & 12 review!! First off, I am very happy to report that my PC is now working in top shape, the last month or so a bug got into my system and got got worse each day. Had I lived on a 2nd story landing I might have throw the damn thing out the window, I was so frustrated. It took the tech guy 5 hours to clean up the PC.

 

Well I didn't see that coming, Matt becoming physically confrontational with Blake, and I have no clue this time on his actions. Peter offered a few, I had dismissed all of them myself, as it didn't make sense. Q-man, no fair you left no clues in 11 !! :P

Well I actually ran over into chapter 12 already with Peter's musings. And now we have the surprise of Matt at the door!

BTW, I don't have a problem with the religious people coming to my door anymore, they have seemed to cross my house off their list after my first conversations with them!! I wonder why? :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 05:48 AM, thejoedani4 said:
Sorry to say I am hating this flash fiction ~ I am still reading though ;) Start a new scene and ima have to hunt you down. LMFAO :)~ Anyway, glad you are keeping these guys ~ this story ~ alive!
I'm sorry - kinda I really am - I get these shorts are not as satisfying as a longer chapter, but I wasn't doing ANYTHING with this cast of people before. I can tell you that the 'need' to post on Wednesday to keep up with the group has on a couple or more occasions forced me to put other things aside and do this - so on one level it - flash fiction format - is keeping me in the game and posting regularly.

 

As for hunting me down - bring it on - I've heard that before in real life, I'm ready for it :-)

 

Seriously, thanks for reading and If there comes a point a get a bit ahead, maybe I'll post a lengthy catch up chapter, but that's not in the works at the moment - other than on my wish list. lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 06:06 AM, Benji said:
B) ...............Chapter 11 & 12 review!! First off, I am very happy to report that my PC is now working in top shape, the last month or so a bug got into my system and got got worse each day. Had I lived on a 2nd story landing I might have throw the damn thing out the window, I was so frustrated. It took the tech guy 5 hours to clean up the PC.

 

Well I didn't see that coming, Matt becoming physically confrontational with Blake, and I have no clue this time on his actions. Peter offered a few, I had dismissed all of them myself, as it didn't make sense. Q-man, no fair you left no clues in 11 !! :P

Well I actually ran over into chapter 12 already with Peter's musings. And now we have the surprise of Matt at the door!

BTW, I don't have a problem with the religious people coming to my door anymore, they have seemed to cross my house off their list after my first conversations with them!! I wonder why? :P

B-man - I'm kinda on the fence if this is really a 'physical confrontation.' I see it more as overly aggressive, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, who's the man around here, sports behavior. That said, it is a physical confrontation lol.

 

As for the why? Well I know, but that's for the next chapter - unless it's not, but if it's not I'm going to get hunted down, so it's a trade off. :P

 

Thanks again and glad you're back.

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OK...Andy, I'm thinking out loud... Could it possibly be that Matt IS gay and has the hots for someone? Yeah, I know. I'll have to wait until next Wednesday to find out. :worship:

Andy R

Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 07:48 AM, said:
OK...Andy, I'm thinking out loud... Could it possibly be that Matt IS gay and has the hots for someone? Yeah, I know. I'll have to wait until next Wednesday to find out. :worship:

Andy R

LOL you know the problem with comments is that when people ask questions I WANT to answer, but then I remember, while they want to know, they really want to find out from reading it, not having me tell you, so yeah, next week - maybe. 0:)
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Matt didn't let any grass grow under his feet. Jason was fretting for nothing. Things are getting pretty damn interesting. So glad I waited awhile to read. Now I get to find out :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/29/2013 01:02 AM, joann414 said:
Matt didn't let any grass grow under his feet. Jason was fretting for nothing. Things are getting pretty damn interesting. So glad I waited awhile to read. Now I get to find out :P
Reading when you can turn the page if you like is always nice, but you also miss being able to chat about it before it is resolved. Matt always had Jason's back so it's only fair to expect him to want to resolve things with his friend sooner than later.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/6/2013 at 1:01 PM, Daithi said:

Something tells me it's not what he is mad at but who he is mad at. Just can't tie in how though since Matt is supposed to be as straight as a pin guess I will have to find out next chapter eh?

Safety pins are not very straight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..