Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2020- Spring - Full Moon Entry

Explosions - 4. Departure

Resembling children with a new plaything, the Atlanteans delighted in their new abilities. The young were the initial leapers, but soon the air filled with clicks and water splashing when the sleek forms crashed back into the water. The return trip to the main island took significantly less time; most of those able to take on their new animal form swam. At Anul’s request, Alketa remained behind with Basilios and Tejan.

“My children, Onaeco’s assistance does not come without a price. Alketa, as leader, you must pay.”

The feeling his life was forfeit returned. Alketa was ready to sacrifice himself if it would ensure his people’s survival. “I’m willing to lay myself down in exchange for the safety of my clan.”

“Spoken like a true leader. Your unselfishness is what inspired me to arrange your salvation. Do not fret, we do not demand your life. However, from this day forward, you and those who will take the mantle of leadership in the future will not mate and settle with only one female. You will father sons and daughters, but permanent attachment is forbidden. Unless it’s with another male.”

Although surprised, Alketa was not disturbed; the intimate relationship he had developed with Basilios was something he could foresee continuing.

“Finally, I must warn you not to be tempted by the freedom of the ocean. Should you not reclaim your human form on a regular basis, the shift to a seafaring creature would become permanent.”

 

 

Temple Island was the first casualty. The frequency and duration of earth shakes grew daily, until one day it cracked in half and sank below the waves. Panic amidst humans did not extend to Alketa’s people. In the ensuing turmoil, they packed their belongings, those unable to swim boarded the waiting ships, and headed east. The remainder of the former wolf people followed.

Left behind were Tejan, his concubines, children, and a dozen or so followers. They had decided to eschew a human existence and instead pursue a life under water amidst the ruins of sunken Atlantis.

 

 

 

 

 

The End

Once again, thank you for reading. Since the story's now complete, you're able to leave a review for it. Should you decide to do so, I would be grateful.
Copyright © 2020 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 9
  • Wow 2
My deepest thanks to all who helped me to make this a readable work. And to you, the readers, my gratitude for spending time with me. Your reactions, coomments and reviews are welcome and appreciated.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2020- Spring - Full Moon Entry

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..