Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,015 Words
  • 2,231 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Apple Tree - 16. Chapter 16

After Tony left, I went to the store where I bought the jackets; I had one printed with Anna's name. Next was the clothing store where I bought two blue shirts and two black tuxedo pants. I wasn't done; I went to a print shop and had calling cards made. I brought a picture of Tony playing his guitar. The guy at the print shop photoshopped the picture by coloring Tony's shirt blue and replacing his jeans with black slacks. We added the name, the Blue Minstrel, and put my name as the agent with my phone number. I then went to the sewing center and bought 2 yards of blue cloth. Now that I had my shopping done, I was ready to call Mrs. Wilson.

When Mrs. Wilson answered the phone I explained I was Tony's agent and I wanted to formalize the gig for Sunday. She said the event was to celebrate her husband's birthday and would like Tony to be there from 7 to 9. I explain that Tony would play a 20-minute set every half hour for two hours. The fee will be 200 dollars for two hours. She agreed and said she'd have a check ready when we arrived. I told her to make the check out to me. With all the arrangements made, I packed everything into the trunk of the car.

When I arrived at the store, Jane was ready to go home. I took over her cash register and mentally prepared to work. I took the calling card and taped it to the side of my register so customers can see it. Tony came behind me at the register, tapped me on the shoulder, and when I turned around, kissed me. "You know that this means war." He just laughed and walked back to the aisle where he was working. It wasn't till quitting time when he saw the calling card.

"Does this mean you finalized Sunday?"

"Yes it's all set; 200 dollars for 2 hours of 4 sets, 20 minutes on, and 10 minutes break after each set. It's Mr. Wilson's birthday so I hope you know the tune to Happy Birthday."

As we passed the farmhouse, I remember I had some clothes in the trunk. "I have to drop off some clothes that needed a wash, so why don't you drive to the shack and I'll catch up to you." I took the shirts and blue cloth, waved goodbye, and watch Tony drive away. "Grandmother, Tony's going to play at a party on Sunday; I need a minstrel's shirt for him. This is our calling card, the Blue Minstrel."

"Leave the new shirts, I'll see that they are washed and ironed by Sunday. As for the minstrel shirt, I'll check and see if I can find a picture, I'll show you before I start cutting the material."

"Thanks, Grandmother, you're the best."

With that, I start jogging to the shack. When I got there all the lights were out. I knew Tony was about somewhere. I slowly open the door fully expecting something to fall on my head; nothing happened. I quietly tiptoed to our bedroom. When I switch on the light, there was Tony, nude, with his ass sticking up in the air. He had a devil smile on his face. But he was hot, and I was hard as nails in less than 5 seconds. I quickly disrobed, and when I jumped on the bed, the little shit turned over onto his back. That wasn't the problem; he had placed tape over his crotch so I couldn't see his dick. In black ink he wrote, surrender. Looking at him I knew I lost the war, for now. But I was a good captive and gladly surrendered to my punishment if that's what you want to call it.

Making love with Tony is the ultimate in love. He's so much a part of me and when we physically connect I truly believe our souls merged. There's no way I can exist without him. And the great thing, he feels the same way. Although I surrendered, the war isn't over. This POW is planning revenge.

 

"I think we need to talk to Mr. Thomas. You are getting busy with bookings and you don't need the money. You need to make a record of your favorite songs; we could send it to various radio stations and see what happens. Tony you're good and people like you, what do you say?"

"I don't know. I like to sing and play the guitar but I'm not sure I want to make a career in it. I still want to get my degree."

"You do realize that since the Wilson party, you have played every Sunday for the last three months. You have earned more than 6 months' wages as a stock boy. Why don't you give it some serious thought? Maybe you can ask Anna what she thinks about the idea."

"If I make it career what are you going to do? I may have to travel and be on tour or doing a gig somewhere else. I don't want to be away from you."

"As long as you have me in your heart, I'll be with you. Who knows, if the apple orchard is a success, I can travel with you doing off-season."

Tony just shook his head as if to say, 'I don't know and went back to work. A lot of the customers always complement Tony, as he started singing while he worked. Not loudly, but more softly to himself, but if you were within 30 feet of him, you could hear him sing.

Then I had a brilliant idea. Maybe Tony believed he couldn't make it as a singer. The first chance I had I would speak to Anna without Tony, I'd ask her to record several of Tony's songs on Monday night. Then I'd send them to several radio stations that primarily were music stations. If they thought his music was good, maybe Tony will rethink my idea.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 16
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

15 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great underhand strategy, to get him to record and to perform, interesting times ahead

I'm sure you know someone who is afraid to take the next step when everyone recognizes they should. A little push is all they need and then they are very surprised.  Jim needs to push Tony into a career they both will profit from.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Darn the torpedo's and full steam ahead, a career awaits!!!

Yes and what a career it will be

Link to comment

I am loving Tony and hope that he makes it and finds his confidence in his voice. Loving it!!!!!

We got the results of my sons scan. They have told him that he has a severe leak in the heart and that without surgery then his future looks bleak. They even said that was the reason that they could not send him home until the surgery. By Friday he will know the care plan that they have managed to put into place. They even told him that if they considered the waiting time too much that they would be referring him to a private hospital for the surgery.  He has been told that his heart could fail at any time, so they are keeping him in until after the operation. As he was talking, tears fell yet again... all I know is that a dad should not have to see his son suffering like this. 

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Kev said:

I am loving Tony and hope that he makes it and finds his confidence in his voice. Loving it!!!!!

We got the results of my sons scan. They have told him that he has a severe leak in the heart and that without surgery then his future looks bleak. They even said that was the reason that they could not send him home until the surgery. By Friday he will know the care plan that they have managed to put into place. They even told him that if they considered the waiting time too much that they would be referring him to a private hospital for the surgery.  He has been told that his heart could fail at any time, so they are keeping him in until after the operation. As he was talking, tears fell yet again... all I know is that a dad should not have to see his son suffering like this. 

Being a father I agree. Many times I wished to have the pain they had so that they wouldn't have to experience it. That is a sign of pure fatherly love.

Link to comment

@Kev, I hope things go well for your son.  It’s amazing what modern medicine can do.  Prayers and warm thoughts are heading your way. 🙏🏻🤞🏻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..