Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 610 Words
  • 2,513 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Apple Tree - 4. Chapter 4

The next thing I knew the alarm was going off. I woke up with Tony lying on my chest. I kissed him on his head, “Tony, it’s time to get up.”

He stretched, looked at me, smiled, and kissed me on my chest. We untangled ourselves, “You go get a shower while I start the coffee and breakfast. Then while you eat, I’ll shower. So let’s go, chop-chop.”

We were ready to go at 7:15, “Hang on tight, we’ll have to travel fast to get there by 7:30.” Tony grabbed me tightly around the waist and away we went. I usually don’t travel this fast but if we were going to be on time, I had to go over the speed limit. Thankfully, we weren’t stopped and we made it as the clock in the store showed 7:30. Mr. Thomas took one look at us and smiled. I’m sure he noticed how tight Tony was holding me. We just smiled back as we got the store open.

Every chance I got I’d look at Tony. I didn’t fully realize it at the time, but I was falling in love with Tony. When lunchtime came, Mr. Thomas relieved me and smiling wished me a nice lunch. I just smiled as I saw Tony coming up to the front of the store. Just as we were leaving, Tony’s friend from yesterday came into the store. Tony introduced him and said we were on our way to lunch. Tony invited him to join us, he accepted of course.

When we entered the café, Anna winked at me. I guess I had a confused look. She just smiled and nodded toward Tony. I smiled and winked at her. We sat in the same booth, only this time Tony sat next to me. Anna came and got our orders with a big shit-eating grin. I didn’t realize that we were broadcasting our friendship, but evidently, we were.

While Tony was talking to his friend, he had his hand on my thigh. Mr. happy was straining to get out. I excused myself and rushed to the men’s room. I quickly relieved myself and splashed cold water on my face. Once I felt cooled off, I went back to the table. Tony looked at me with a wicked smile. He knew why I went to the men’s room.

After lunch Tony said goodbye to his friend, taking my hand we walked back to the store. I looked over my shoulder at the café, Anna was waving.

 

When we got home grandfather stopped us before we turned to go to the shack. “Your grandmother made some stew for your dinner. Tony, would you please go get it? Jim, I talked to a fellow who knows where Tony lived. He pretty much confirmed what Tony said. I think when you have a day off; we should drive over there and see what we can do.” Before I had a chance to say anything Tony came out with a pot of stew.

“Jump on the back, hold the pot steady and I’ll more or less push us home.” I didn’t push, but if you walked beside the cycle you’d have beaten us. When we got to the shack, I fired up the cookstove and placed the pot to heat on the stove.

While the stew was heating, I gathered all the dirty clothes to take to grandmother's to wash. I’ll get up extra early tomorrow morning, start the wash, and then when I come home I’ll pick them up. Grandmother usually had them dried and folded. Of course on my day off, I’d run errands for them.

Short chapter
Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 16
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Grandpa is very wise in the way he's handling Tony's past. Obviously the event was somewhat traumatic to Tony so gentleness is love put into action. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
CLJobe

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, I think that they will uncover something very soon 

at least before the end of the story.  but you are right 

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Grandpa is very wise in the way he's handling Tony's past. Obviously the event was somewhat traumatic to Tony so gentleness is love put into action. 

He is and this is a very sensitive  issue with Tony

  • Like 3
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Grandparents are great, there not getting Tony's hopes up yet.

Yes, they want to be sure before they get his hopes up only to have them dashed to the ground.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hey, I mis-spelled the local name of the moto used in Brazil, it is properly spelled cinquentinha, the translation of 'little fifty' is correct however. Portuguese is an easy language to speak, but their spelling is very European (with lots of silent letters and unusual combinations. It stems from the Latin Vulgate). I had to look the word up to see how to spell it.

Mister Will

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Hey, I mis-spelled the local name of the moto used in Brazil, it is properly spelled cinquentinha, the translation of 'little fifty' is correct however. Portuguese is an easy language to speak, but their spelling is very European (with lots of silent letters and unusual combinations. It stems from the Latin Vulgate). I had to look the word up to see how to spell it.

Mister Will

I only knew a few words in Brazilian.  When there I spoke Spanish in they didn't understand my English. I was thinking of moving there in he early 2000. Knew a lot of Brazillians when I lived in Florida

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..