Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,501 Words
  • 2,241 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Apple Tree - 10. Chapter 10

It was Wednesday of the following week that our letters arrived from the Health Clinic. We decided to wait till Saturday to open them. If they were negative, and they should be based on my sexual experience, we'd have all day Sunday to sleep because we'd be up till early Sunday morning. I liked the way the boy was thinking and so did the little guy downstairs.

I took Tony to work Thursday morning kissing him, I left to do some special shopping at the pharmacy. I thought it'd be a shame if the results were negative and we had to wait till Saturday. Entering the pharmacy, I looked around for a lubricant. I found them next to the condoms. I thought maybe I should get some condoms just as an insurance policy. So with a package of condoms and some Super-glide lubricant, I went to the checkout counter. There was a woman there who I thought I saw in the store, she smiled at me, "Better safe than sorry."

I quickly rode home, showered, and got dressed for work. I met Tony at the Café for lunch listen to Anna rave about Tony on Monday night, ate lunch, and headed to the store to start work. I was a little early but since I was off on Monday, I thought I'd make up for it today. Mr. Thomas turned the register over to me saying he appreciated me coming in early as he had to make out his order for next week.

We started slow but it picked up fast after 5. From 5 to close at 9, Tony had to help packing. He just looked at me with that Cheshire cat smile of his. "Did you peek at your letter?" He shook his head no. I wondered why he was smiling so much. He must know something; I couldn't wait till Saturday. Then I remember I bought condoms, I wouldn't have to wait. So I gave Tony a wicked smile back.

"I bought some steaks for Saturday's dinner. I think we'll need the extra protein." I just laughed.

"I think we should buy a window fan. It was bad enough when we brought your things back."

Arriving at the shack, I flopped down on the bed. "I'm too tired to eat. I think I'll take a shower and go to bed, 6 will come very early in the morning."

Tony agreed and that's what we did, after a snuggle and a lover's kiss, we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

The alarm woke us up, I felt like throwing it out the window. Reluctantly, I got up, put the coffee on, and got ready for my shower. I had no sooner entered the shower when the curtain was pulled back and my favorite person to shower with was behind me. We both showered quickly, helping and hindering each other we finished in 30 minutes. Quickly getting dressed, we grabbed a cup of coffee and a sweet roll. It was a good thing I had bought traveling cups for the coffee; otherwise, it would've been all over us. I decided the next time I took the cycle in for maintenance, I'd see if they had cup holders that could clamp on the bars.

Arriving at work on time, we got ready for the Friday crowd. Tony busied himself, pulling merchandise from the stock room to load up the shelves. I got the register counted, replaced the roll of tape with a new roll. I always saved the old roll for use on Monday through Thursday. Cleaned the tray with some wood cleaner and stocked the paper bags; at 8 we opened.

At 12 Mr. Thomas took over the register and told us to take a quick lunch and be back as soon as possible. I called Anna on my cell phone and order the usual for lunch. I kept looking out the window waiting for the high sign from her to indicate lunch was ready. I told Mr. Thomas that we're leaving and would be back as soon as possible.

Lunch was waiting for us at our usual booth. While we ate, Anna was telling us that a lot of people were asking if that young man was going to play again this coming Monday. Evidently, Tony is getting a fan club and I think Anna is the president.

After finishing lunch, we hurried back to the store. Business picked up at 5 and Tony had to help me bag groceries. About 7, business picked up, Mr. Thomas opened another register. Then Tony had to work two registers till I closed out my register at 9:20. Even though the store closed at 9, if a customer was still shopping, we waited. While I waited for the last customers, Tony began to sweep the floor.

At last, we were finished and ready to head home. Normally we get home about 15 minutes after the store closes because we stayed open so long, instead of arriving at 9:15 we arrived at 10 pm. We were really tired. "Tony let's just go to bed. I'll wash the sheets Sunday, but I'm too tired now to take a shower and I know you are too."

Quickly undressing, a good night kiss, and we were sound asleep. When the alarm went off I didn't want to get up. Leaving Tony to sleep a little longer, I went and started the coffee. Heading for the shower, I let the cold water wake me up. If you're sleepy, believe me, a cold shower gets rid of the sleep real quick.

A grab a cup of coffee; return to the bathroom to shave and brush my teeth. Finished I went to wake Tony and to get dressed for the day. "You're ready to go, you should've woken me."

"You looked too peaceful. I thought I'd let you sleep a little longer. Now hurry up and I'll fix you a coffee and something to eat."

Tony got out of bed and hurried to the bathroom. After a few minutes, I heard the shower. I fixed Tony's coffee and got two breakfast bars. I handed Tony his coffee as he headed for the bedroom to get dressed. When he came out, I handed him his breakfast bar and jacket.

We arrived at the store 5 minutes early. Mr. Thomas let us in leaving the door unlocked. I set up my register; Tony put on his apron and began to check the floor stock. Saturday started where Friday left off. We were not open a full half-hour when I called Tony to help bag groceries. We got a little slack at 10:30, so Tony went back to stocking shelves. That respite lasted almost an hour when the next wave of customers came through. Tony had to come and help again bagging groceries. At 12, Mr. Thomas opened another register and told Tony to get some lunch. I just nodded my head at Tony and whispered, "Hurry back."

With Mr. Thomas opening the other register we were able to keep up with checking and bagging. "Jim, as soon as Tony comes back take your lunch break. But please hurry back." When Tony returned, he had a cheeseburger and fries for me. Tony went to bag for Mr. Thomas, I went into the stock room and ate my lunch. Twenty minutes later, I was back on the register.

The total day, Tony would move between me, Mr. Thomas, and the floor. This alone kept him hopping, but he always had time to help someone to their car. I was glad I let him have a few extra minutes to sleep.

Saturday was another day that we didn't get home till 10 pm. We were tired and hungry. As we walked into the shack, something good hit our nose which reminded us how hungry we were. On the stove was a pot of vegetable soup and some biscuits wrapped in aluminum foil. They were still warm so grandfather must have been here just a little while ago. "Are you hungry? I am. These last two days were rough. Now that the weather is getting better, the boss should think about hiring someone to help you. I just might mention that to him on Monday."

I placed the biscuits on the table and by the time I turned around with the bowls, Tony had the biscuits opened and one half gone. "Wow, you really are hungry."

He just shook his head as his mouth was full of a biscuit. I placed a bowl of vegetable soup in front of him and he dug right in. I sat with my bowl across from him watching him eat. The poor guy ate like he was starving and I was just as bad. We each had two bowls of soup and all of the biscuits. I rinsed the dishes and left them for tomorrow. The soup I put in the refrigerator and headed to bed.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 15
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Nice to see the boys settling down, establishing a routine, wonder what curveballs await!

Maybe none.  This is just a plain, love story with a happy ending. I think 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Normality, our boys seem to work well together the boss enjoys having them around. I wonder if his fan club will expand as word gets around about his singing? Love the story.:thankyou:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Their work hours are horrendous!  12-15 hours a day sometimes?  I certainly hope they get paid overtime.  Mr. Thomas NEEDS to hire more help!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

Their work hours are horrendous!  12-15 hours a day sometimes?  I certainly hope they get paid overtime.  Mr. Thomas NEEDS to hire more help!

I agree he needs more help especially on Friday and Saturday 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I agree he needs more help especially on Friday and Saturday 

You sort of answered the question I was going to ask you, you only mention Jim,Tony and Mr.Thomas are Jim and Tony literally the only employees?

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great chapter,but they are working themselves into oblivion, they need help, let's hope they get it

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Sounds like the grocery mart is doing quite the business and Mr Thomas should be happy. The boys are currently working 6 on 1 off so part-time help is definitely needed. Working those hours, even at minimum wage, the boys should be accumulating a nice bank account since almost everything except their lunch is free. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Kev said:

Normality, our boys seem to work well together the boss enjoys having them around. I wonder if his fan club will expand as word gets around about his singing? Love the story.:thankyou:

I'm sure it will get around. Might pick up a few gigs from the locals

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter,but they are working themselves into oblivion, they need help, let's hope they get it

I think the boss is aware of the strain being placed on the boys.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

Sounds like the grocery mart is doing quite the business and Mr Thomas should be happy. The boys are currently working 6 on 1 off so part-time help is definitely needed. Working those hours, even at minimum wage, the boys should be accumulating a nice bank account since almost everything except their lunch is free. 

A small supermarket traditionally has been a busy place particularly when locally owned. As for the boys, they do have some expenses, and they help the grandparents by buying groceries. Tony is looking at going back to school. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Chris L said:

Sounds like the grocery mart is doing quite the business and Mr Thomas should be happy. The boys are currently working 6 on 1 off so part-time help is definitely needed. Working those hours, even at minimum wage, the boys should be accumulating a nice bank account since almost everything except their lunch is free. 

Part-time/Schmart-time.  He needs to hire at least 2 full-time equivalents!  Our guys are working 6 days a week for 12+ hours a day!  Yeah, they’re raking in the overtime, but they are exhausting themselves.  It’s a story.  Mr. Thomas has a busy, successful store.  GET MORE EMPLOYEES!

Edited by Clancy59
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

Part-time/Schmart-time.  He needs to hire at least 2 full-time equivalents!  Our guys are working 6 days a week for 12+ hours a day!  Yeah, they’re raking in the overtime, but they are exhausting themselves.  It’s a story.  Mr. Thomas has a busy, successful store.  GET MORE EMPLOYEES!

I will make your comments available to Mr. Thomas. With Tony's singing they may not be working long;.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..