Jump to content

All In

   (6 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Coming of Age

When Jason agreed to basically babysit his friend's step-brother, he knew the kid was a temperamental brat--I mean, Brad had told him that the kid had even tried to kill him, so the hateful attitude didn't surprise him. Unfortunately, what he didn't expect was a beautiful, sixteen year old mute whose anger was born from something much darker than just disliking his stepbrother. And finding out what that is pushes Jason to fold or go all in.

Warning:  This story contains depictions of abuse: physical, sexual, and emotional, as well as thoughts of suicide. It also includes a rape scene, which relates to the incest tag.  Incest tag is non-con between step-brothers who are not blood related..  Please do not read if this bothers you. 
Copyright © 2014 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dodger

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a totally absorbing tale that will pull on your emotions and leave you longing for the next chapter. A despicable villain, a very likable hero and a happy ending to a well-written story. Say no more!

  • Like 4
Link to review
Shadow086

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a very engaging and compelling story. Some parts are harder to read than others, especially when Jason is a bit slow to see what's going on in front of him. It has very well-written characters, from the heroes who have their hearts in the right place to the villains, especially the main villain, who I found to be almost as memorable as he is easy to hate, and a happy ending for the good guys.

  • Like 3
Link to review
jarquafelmu

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I started this story yesterday. I finished this story today. That's how much I couldn't put it down.

An A+ showing from craftingmom this story will wrench your heart strings and leave you foaming at the mouth for justice to be done.

But don't worry. Justice is done.

  • Like 2
Link to review
Caz Pedroso

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This was a really hard story to read. I found myself wanting to yell at the characters. The bad guys for what they were doing, and the gooder guys for what was right under their noses and they weren’t seeing.

When all the stuff that is happening unfolds I felt sick. This was one story where I really wanted the bad guy to be killed in the most painful and slow way possible. If it had been real life I probably would have offered few suggestions on what to cut off first.

Jason moves fast when he realizes what’s happening, but in my opinion, he should have seen what was going on a lot sooner and been more suspicious.

A really compelling read and one that will have you reading with bated breath throughout.

  • Like 3
Link to review
Aviana

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

The story is very engaging. The thing that I loved the most was it's ability to pull you in the story. Even though, I knew the characters r fictional, so is the setting, still I just can't keep my feelings in control...I was horrified by the sufferings of Devyn, furious at Brad(villain) n rooting for Jason...! I think Craftsmom, you r one great writer to be able to move a person with just words....thank you for ur lovely writing:2thumbs:

  • Like 3
Link to review
Mancunian

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absorbing, compelling and gripping these are just three words to describe this story. It's an emotional read in many parts covering the sensitive subject of abuse in many forms, it pulls no punches without being overly or gratuitously graphic. Be warned you will need tissues in some parts and a stress ball to release the anger. A recommended read.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..