Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 3,789 Words
  • 3,209 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Beneath the Current - 19. Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 

Damn, Shawn mused, he hadn't thought he'd say those words any time soon, let alone hear them back. But hell, they'd just slipped right on out there--and he didn't regret them for one minute. With Casey, life felt right. He'd never been this content and happy with anyone before. His mother always said that when he found the right man, he'd feel it in his soul. And with Casey he did.

He stood there kissing and holding the smaller man, almost afraid to let go. He could tell Casey was still worried--probably about what his uncle would say--but he'd give the guy time. He knew Casey had been so isolated that the thought of leaving the only man he'd really ever known, one of the men who'd raised him for years, probably had him terrified.

Finally, Casey pulled back, patting Shawn's bare chest, and it seemed like a change came over the younger man. There was a gleam in those soft gray eyes and a certain peace that had always struggled to surface from under a current of fear. Casey grabbed Shawn's hand before he could think about the shift in Casey's demeanor.

"Come on, I'll show you our boat while we're over here." Casey smiled up at him, tugging him along.

"Cool," Shawn said eagerly, as he followed Casey around the southern edge of the island. Because of Martin's decree to keep to his own side, Shawn had respected the boundaries and not given into the temptation to explore this far, not without permission. He was glad that Casey wanted to share it with him and that he wasn't worried right now about what his uncle might think.

"Do you guys go out on the boat a lot?" Shawn asked conversationally as they traversed the more rocky terrain of the island.

Casey shrugged. "Not so much anymore. Uncle Thomas was the one who loved the ocean the most. Since his... accident Uncle Martin doesn't care much for boating. We only go out about once a month or so now."

"To dive for pearls?"

"Yeah, pretty much. He's able to sell them to help support us." They came toward the wooden dock with the medium-sized power boat moored to it.

"Relying on finding and selling pearls seems like a rather tenuous income," Shawn remarked.

Casey climbed up on the dock and offered his hand back to help Shawn with the large jump up to the side of the dock. "That's just extra. Uncle Martin and Thomas had a pretty large savings account before coming here. It's just something I discovered I could do to help out. That's all."

"Ahh, I see. Does he make anything from working at the clinic all the time?" Shawn asked. "I've been by it on treks into town. It doesn't seem like a big money maker."

"No, he pretty much does that for free," Casey said, turning away. "I think he gets free supplies and stuff, that's all."

"Supplies?" Shawn stopped abruptly. "What kind of supplies?"

Casey's shoulders seemed to hunch over as he turned and stepped down the dock to the boat. "Oh, um, just bandages and aspirin and stuff like that. Antibiotics sometimes, if one of us gets an infection or something."

Shawn narrowed his eyes, and he began to wonder if Martin Jorss wasn't either hooked on some sort of prescription drug or maybe re-selling them for profit to someone. Could Casey's uncle be a drug addict or even a drug dealer? It would explain why Casey was so afraid of what his uncle would think or do if he found out about their relationship. Some addicts could be rather volatile.

Shawn followed Casey over to the boat. It looked bigger than it had when he'd seen it as Casey and his uncle took off to go pearl diving that day. But of course, that was from much farther away. It could easily hold five or six people, and there appeared to be a small area below deck.

"I'd give you the grand tour, but Uncle Martin keeps it locked. There's not much below deck, just a small bed and some storage where we keep extra clothes, in case we need to change."

Shawn smiled back, pushing away his critical thoughts of Martin Jorss. For now, he just wanted to enjoy his time with Casey. He'd worry about Martin another time. "It seems so much calmer on this end of the island," he said, surveying the quieter ripples of water.

Casey straightened, almost seeming proud of the ocean's calmness. "It is." He pointed toward an area toward the mainland. "Over there is a popular place for the sea turtles to lay their eggs."

"Really? Have you seen some hatch before?" Shawn asked curiously.

The grin that split Casey's face told him that this was part of what the man loved about living here. "All the time. It's amazing to see the little guys make their way to the ocean for the first time." A small frown marred his face as he added, "Unfortunately, many of them don't make it to adulthood, with predators and such."

Shawn draped his arm around Casey's shoulder as he stared at the sandy shore across the small bay. "Hey, but some of them do."

Casey laughed at Shawn's attempt to make him feel better about something he had no control over. "Yeah, some of them do."

They turned back, walking down the rough dock, Casey leading the way. Shawn was busy admiring the way Casey's skin rippled over the muscles in his shoulders and the way sweat was trickling down the line of his back into that enticing dip at the small of his back. He yearned to trace his fingers down that line into--

"Ow! Son-of-bitch!" he suddenly shouted, hopping on one foot and protecting the one he'd just stubbed and scraped across the planks.

Casey whipped around, eyes wide with shock and worry. "What happened?"

"I just stubbed my fucking toe, that's all," Shawn cursed, still hopping around.

Casey came back toward him. "Here, let me see."

"It's fine. I just caught it on the edge of the board," he grumbled, not wanting to look too much like a baby for whining over it.

Casey just put his hands on his hips and glared at him until Shawn finally hobbled over to a nearby rock and sat down. Casey knelt and looked at the bottom of his foot. Shawn bit back a giggle when Casey's fingers brushed over a ticklish spot.

"You've got a couple splinters in there," Casey announced. "We need to get them out or they could become infected."

Damn, Shawn thought, he hated splinters. And he hated that the damn things were now intruding on his time with Casey. He stood and started to turn to head back around the beach to his end of the island. "I think I've got some tweezers and stuff back at the house."

Casey's hand gripped his bicep. "The salt water will probably make it sting, and you probably shouldn't walk on it that far." Shawn wasn't sure where he was going with that statement. It wasn't like he had any other choice for getting back to his house. Casey glanced up the path that led from the dock to the Jorss home. "I've got some tweezers and stuff at our house. We can get them out there."

Shawn's jaw dropped open as he looked up the path as well. "Are you sure?" He knew what it had to have taken for Casey to make that offer. That Casey was willing to not only bring Shawn to see the boat but was now offering to actually take him inside his home was a huge step.

He saw Casey's Adam's apple work nervously before he smiled, taking a deep breath. "Yeah, I'm sure," he said, reaching his hand out to help Shawn over the rocks to the path.

"And what about your uncle? Aren't you afraid he'll find out?"

Casey's shrug didn't hide the fact that his hand was shaking slightly. "A little. But really, what's he going to do if he does?"

 

@@@@

 

Casey's biggest fear was what exactly his uncle would do if he did catch him disobeying his orders. It was highly probable that Martin would constrict the parameters on his collar to a much smaller field--probably to the house. But taking care of Shawn and sharing his small space with the man he loved was worth the risk. They still had at least an hour before Martin returned from the clinic.

And Shawn's smile at his offer, making his heart flutter, added to his resolve. Yes, this man was worth any risk.

Casey helped Shawn limp up the path until they reached the top. Instinctively, Casey scanned the long road that lead to the island, but there was nothing but the soft crashing of waves upon the shore. Shawn obviously noticed his hesitation because he stopped and pulled Casey around.

"We can just go on across to my cottage," Shawn offered.

"No," Casey stiffened his resolve. "That's stupid to make you walk all that way."

It's stupid that I should feel so fucking scared to do anything in my own home. Damn it, Uncle Martin didn't own him, did he? Why hell was he so afraid of standing up to the man? Martin hadn't ever really hurt him. Okay, so he'd hit him a few times in anger, but it's not like he'd really hurt him. He was a little afraid that Martin might leave him to fend for himself. His uncle had always protected him and his secret. The only thing his uncle really could do that would nearly destroy Casey would be to keep him from the ocean. And Casey realized that fear was what usually kept him from disobeying.

But now he had a bigger fear--being without Shawn. And that in itself was enough to override Martin's threat of basically 'grounding' him.

He tugged Shawn along, feeling a small sense of empowerment from the feel of their hands entwined.

 

@@@@

 

Shawn tightened his grip on Casey's smaller hand, offering as much reassurance as he could through the gesture. He could tell that Casey was a bit nervous about basically breaking his uncle's rules and bringing him into the house, but Shawn was secretly ecstatic that the man he adored was willing to risk the wrath of his uncle for him.

Of course, Shawn would never let Martin hurt Casey. He had suspected that maybe the man had hurt Casey more than just emotionally. Blaming a kid for an accident he had no control over was ridiculous, but somehow he could see Martin Jorss doing just that. But Casey's fear of his uncle's disapproval had to be born of more than just that.

He'd be seriously pissed if he ever found out that Martin had hurt Casey any more. Casey seemed to feel that Martin was just being protective, but Shawn often wondered if it was more than that.

As they made their way to the front door, he noticed Casey's glance back down the road. Shawn considered briefly suggesting they just go over to his cottage, but he didn't want to undermine Casey's bout of courage. After they were inside and the door was closed behind them, Casey relaxed slightly.

The cool air of the air conditioning hit him as soon as they walked in.

"Let's get your foot taken care of, and then I'll grab us something to eat," Casey said as he led the way toward the staircase.

Shawn followed, glancing around again, since he didn't have much time to see anything the first time he was here. Although he did remember the massive aquarium in the family room. He took a longer look to see if he could notice any fish this time.

"So what do you guys keep in that massive tank?" Shawn finally asked as he reached the bottom step. "I don't see any fish."

Casey paused. "Uh, there aren't any right now."

"Oh, I guess that's why I don't see any," Shawn chuckled as he hobbled up the steps.

Reaching the top of the stairs, there were four doors--two on each side. Casey started giving the little mini tour, starting with the first door on the right. "This room we use as a small gym. It just has an elliptical and a weight machine."

"That's cool," Shawn stated. "It'd be nice to have access to that when you don't feel like heading down to the beach."

"It is a nice alternative. Although, my uncles have always used it more than I have, well, Uncle Martin now." Casey pointed to the first door on the left that faced the front of the house and the road. "That room is my uncle's."

A quick peek in the open door showed dark ebony furnishings with maroon accents and even a dark wine colored carpet. At least the walls were a light grey color with the sun shining in the windows or else it would seem rather foreboding.

"Hmm, little dark for my tastes," Shawn mumbled and was surprised by Casey's smile.

"The other door there," Casey stated pointing to the door at the end of the hall on the left, "is the laundry room and linen closet."

As they stepped closer to the last door on the right, Shawn could already sense an open airiness to the room. The carpet was a light cream color with off white walls. Casey threw open the door wider as they stepped in. Shawn stared in awe at the expanse of the room.

"Wow," Shawn gaped. Sun shone in through the huge windows that over looked the bright blue of the ocean. The only furniture in the room--two bedside tables, a chest at the end of the bed, and a desk in the corner--was made of ash, keeping the colors in the room light and natural. The headboard of the king size bed was made of a soft tan fabric, creating a comfortable quilted look. Shawn suspected it would be nice for sitting up in bed and watching TV against, until he realized there was no TV in the room, which he'd forgotten they didn't really have on the island.

The plush comforter gracing the bed was a darker sand color. There were a couple of dark amber throw pillows on the bed, and Shawn wondered if Casey made his bed every day like that. He certainly didn't make it thinking he'd be bringing Shawn back to his room.

Soft white, gauzy curtains streamed down the sides of the windows, and Shawn could see window darkening shades pulled up to the tops of the window frames. Casey obviously liked the light coming into the room. In one corner by the window, there was a large bookcase, filled with books. Next to it was a large comfortable looking papasan chair, with a fleece throw blanket draped over it. The light brown wicker base held a deeper chocolate plush cushion. Shawn always wondered what it would feel like to curl up in one of those chairs. Imagining Casey curled up in it, looking so sweet and innocent brought a blush to Shawn's cheeks.

"So? You like it?" Casey asked softly, as he turned and closed the door behind them automatically.

"Like it? Damn, it's amazing. It's so light and airy."

Casey flushed at the complement as he grinned shyly obviously happy that Shawn liked it. What was not to like. Hell, put a flat screen TV up there and he'd be all set to settle in.

Shawn froze, realizing that he'd already imagined making himself at home in Casey's room. Crap, that was probably a bit too presumptuous.

He briefly noticed that Casey had not only closed the door, but locked it as well. There was also a slide lock higher on the door frame, which made Shawn wonder why Casey felt the need to not only automatically lock his door, but why he'd also need the secondary lock. Did the guy not feel safe in his own home?

"Over here, this is the bathroom. We can get your foot fixed up in here," he said stepping through a door at the far end of the room. Casey gestured for Shawn to sit on the long granite countertop next to the sink, but Shawn was too busy taking in the enormous glass encased shower with the natural stone walls and bench.

"Damn, man," Shawn drawled, "Nice bathroom."

Casey grinned. "Wait 'til you see the closet."

And that's when Shawn realized he hadn't seen any furniture to store clothes in yet. "Did your uncles give you like the master suite or something? This seems huge for a secondary bedroom."

"Actually, they designed the house and had it built years ago, from what Uncle Thomas told me. They'd only expected it to ever be the three of us, so they built basically two master suites. There are no guest bedrooms. Uncle Martin's room is actually a little larger, but not by much."

"Wow, I mean really, you could swim in that tub," Shawn joked as he finally climbed up on the counter.

"I have much bigger things to swim in," Casey added flippantly, squatting down to pull out stuff from under the cabinet.

"Hell, you could probably swim in that huge tank down stairs," Shawn laughed. "Kinda like a tiny indoor pool!"

Shawn heard the box Casey was pulling out drop and quickly looked to see if he was okay. Strangely, the younger man seemed to have paled slightly, as he hastily gathered the box back up.

"You okay? You need help?"

"No, no, I got it. Just slipped is all," Casey mumbled to the floor.

But Shawn could sense that something was off. "Hey, Case," he said gently, brushing his hand over the soft dark blond head. "It's okay. I know you're nervous having me here at all. I was just joking around, trying to ... you know, make it easier for you."

Casey turned slightly, and Shawn realized he was face-to-face with his groin. Having Casey sitting there like that, he was so tempted to grab the man up--forget the damn splinter. When that pink tongue slipped out and wet his bottom lip before biting it, Shawn almost lost it.

Shawn shifted as his cock decided to perk up and take notice too. He cleared his throat, trying to find his voice. "Um, maybe we should get that splinter out before you uncle gets home."

And just as if he'd dumped a bucket of ice water over them, the heated moment evaporated temporarily at the mention of Martin.

"Yes, of course." Casey shot to his feet, grabbing a rag and scrubbed Shawn's foot of the dirt and sand first. "There's actually three here," Casey said, probing Shawn's foot, and Shawn fought off laughing at the ticklish nature anyone touching his feet. Casey then he wiped a disinfectant pad over the splinter, and Shawn hissed as it stung a little.

"I think I'll need to use a needle to slip under them. There's not much sticking out to grab," Casey announced. But Shawn wasn't really listening. To distract himself from the tickling, he focused on watching Casey's every move--how focused he became on the task, how he stuck his tongue out the corner of his mouth as he concentrated, the cute furrow between his brows.

Before he even realized it, Casey was done, standing and smiling proudly at him, holding up the longest splinter. That little thing didn't look like it should have caused so much pain.

"I would have sworn it was much bigger," Shawn sneered at the offending item.

"I get them all the time," Casey admitted, as he packed up the small first aid kit.

Shawn reached over and gathered Casey in his arms, pulling the smaller man against him as he leaned back against the bathroom sink. Casey's lean body melted into his, thin arms wrapping around his waist as he draped his arms over Casey's shoulders.

"Now it's time to pay my nurse," Shawn smirked, leaning in to catch those rosy lips that he'd watched being abused by concentration between Casey's teeth.

They slid together naturally, melding into a deep sensuous kiss. Casey submitted to Shawn's more dominate, demanding kiss, allowing him to sweep his tongue over his teeth. Shawn broke off as his breath came in harsh pants, and he felt his hips grinding against Casey's narrower body. He gasped as the friction of their cocks rubbing against each other rocketed a bolt of pleasure through his body. He kissed his way along Casey's exposed jaw and down the tendons of his lover's neck, thrown back in ecstasy.

Shawn hummed kisses down the exposed throat, again avoiding the silver padlock chain that Casey never took off. Maybe there was a key in his nightstand, and it could come off when they--

Oh, shit. He was already considering making love to Casey...in the man's own bed. How fucking presumptuous was that?

"Please," he heard Casey's soft voice beg, "Please don't stop."

And Shawn realized he'd paused at the hollow of Casey's throat. Casey's hold on his waist had tightened, and he could feel fingers slipping under the band of his board shorts to tease the tops of his buttocks.

Shawn devoured Casey in another demanding kiss, before they both froze at an odd sound.

A knock.

"Casey."

Oh, shit. It was Martin. Fearful, wide gray eyes darted back to his. Shawn gripped Casey's face in his hands before the panic could spread. It seemed to help ground the man, as a bit of the tension seeped back out. "It'll be fine," Shawn whispered, placing a quick reassuring kiss on Casey's soft lips gone dry with panic. "I'll stay here, just go."

"Casey!" the voice became harsher when he didn't get a response.

Casey stumbled a second before composing himself and stepping back into the bedroom, just as the door swung open. Casey carefully pulled the bathroom door closed as he moved towards his uncle.

Shawn didn't move, afraid to make a sound, but he could hear the deep voice of Casey's uncle. "Why didn't you answer me?"

"I was in the bathroom. I didn't hear you at first. Y-you're back early."

There was a mumbled response, before Shawn heard Martin again. "Let's have an early dinner, and I have some tests to run. You only have a couple days left you know."

What the hell? A couple days left for what?

Shawn slumped against the counter when he heard the door close. What the fuck was going on?

Thanks so much for reading, reviewing and/or liking! Thanks again, as always to Cazpedroso for beta/editing! You are wonderful!
Copyright © 2017 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh no! How will Shawn get out of the bathroom and the house? At the same time, he might learn a few things if he manages to eavesdrop. Though I doubt he'd understand what they'd talk about. You don't really expect your secret boyfriend to be part dolphin...

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Shawn's in a tight spot. It's going to be tricky getting out of the house with Martin there. When he starts thinking deeper about 'tests' and Casey only having a couple of days left, that's going to really make him wonder. He already thinks Martin might be a drug addict or drug dealer. If he puts Casey on the spot, how will he explain it? Great chapter.

Link to comment

If Shawn manages not to get caught, Casey will have some things to explain. Shawn's curiosity has been aroused and no way will he not ask. I hope he hears more than should. Cant wait to see which way this goes..

Link to comment

Thump.....thump....thump.....thump....My heart is beating quickly with nervous tension......Excellent chapter;anxiously awaiting the next :) Mike

Link to comment

Well, now we know why Casey has the slide lock too. Martin apparently has a key to his door and thinks nothing of invading his privacy. I'm surprised he's let Casey keep the other lock.

I hope Casey will tell Shawn the truth about being a virtual prisoner, he can do that without revealing the other secret yet.

Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 06:15 AM, Puppilull said:
Oh no! How will Shawn get out of the bathroom and the house? At the same time, he might learn a few things if he manages to eavesdrop. Though I doubt he'd understand what they'd talk about. You don't really expect your secret boyfriend to be part dolphin...
hehe, very true :)
Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 06:43 AM, drpaladin said:
Shawn's in a tight spot. It's going to be tricky getting out of the house with Martin there. When he starts thinking deeper about 'tests' and Casey only having a couple of days left, that's going to really make him wonder. He already thinks Martin might be a drug addict or drug dealer. If he puts Casey on the spot, how will he explain it? Great chapter.
It does start Shawn to thinking and wondering...
Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 10:14 AM, Defiance19 said:
If Shawn manages not to get caught, Casey will have some things to explain. Shawn's curiosity has been aroused and no way will he not ask. I hope he hears more than should. Cant wait to see which way this goes..
Shawn's definitely beginning to wonder about the 'tests'
Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 11:33 AM, flamingo136 said:
Thump.....thump....thump.....thump....My heart is beating quickly with nervous tension......Excellent chapter;anxiously awaiting the next :) Mike
hehe, it will only get more intense from here on out...:)
Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 04:23 PM, Timothy M. said:
Well, now we know why Casey has the slide lock too. Martin apparently has a key to his door and thinks nothing of invading his privacy. I'm surprised he's let Casey keep the other lock.

I hope Casey will tell Shawn the truth about being a virtual prisoner, he can do that without revealing the other secret yet.

I probably need to be more detailed about the slide lock. I imagined Thomas putting it in when he was younger so that he could lock the door and hide should anyone like Harris come for him. I also imagine another hidey hole in his closet, but writing about all that seemed like too much extraneous info. Though I may have to go back and add a little bit of explanation for that now that you mention it...
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..