Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 4,472 Words
  • 6,050 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Falling Apart - 27. Chapter 27

Chapter 27

 

Contented bliss wafted both of us back into the realm of sleep, Ash curled up behind me much as he had been when I'd first awakened. With his arm wrapped around me, tucking me close, my body unwound, stretching out under the man who loved me.

Loved me.

I sighed serenely as his leg shifted over mine, pinning me in place. I drifted off to his soft breath against my neck, feeling both cherished and protected.

"... Where the hell is he?" Noise from the hallway jolted both of us awake.

Ash rolled to his back, groaning at his brother's ranting in the corridor.

"I know he's back. I thought he was still sleeping..."

Ash flicked his eyes over at the curtained window. Through the gap, the sun shone high in the sky.

"...but it's nearly noon, and he's not in his room. It's not even slept in," Rowland continued to rant. "So where is he?"

"Could he have snuck out with Kye?" Liam's voice seemed tinged with a hint of humor.

There was an inaudible response from the count before his voice called out again. "Amelia! When did Kye rise this morn?"

"He hasn't yet, sir." I heard the girl's voice and smiled at the thought of her with my brother. "I checked once, but—but he was..."

I groaned. Oh, Gods, she must have seen Ash and I cuddled together in the bed. I could just imagine her outside the door choosing her words for the count.

"Was what?"

"Sleeping, sir. Very much asleep," she finished.

"Well, have you seen my brother this morning?"

"Uh... maybe, sir..."

Ash started chuckling against my shoulder at the idea of the poor girl trying to protect her lord's honor. I could just imagine Lord Rowland and Liam frowning at the girl's vague answer.

"Well? Where was he?" the count barked.

"Stop all the bellowing!" Ash called abruptly with an amused grin. "Some of us are still trying to sleep!"

"What the—" The door burst open, and I barely saw Lord Rowland's wide eyes before I burrowed under the covers. Ash was sitting up a bit to greet his brother's intrusion.

I knew the count would find out eventually about my relationship with his brother, but I hadn't expected it to be while I was still in bed with the man.

"Go away, Row. It was a long night."

"A long night, huh? I'll just bet it was." I heard chuckles, from more than one man, and assumed the count and his steward were highly amused at what they were seeing. "I see you've made it back to your own bed. Or should I say your and Kye's bed?"

"Our bed is none of your concern," Ash shot back.

"You better not have scared the boy," Row warned, and I felt a rush of warmth at his concern.

"It was not my intention to do any such thing." Ash's hand stroked over my back in calm reassurance as he spoke. "However, I did climb in the bed accidently when I arrived home late last night. I was not entirely coherent when I sought out my bed, and my body automatically sought out this one. We were both a little... surprised this morning, but... it has all worked out for the best. So you may take yourself right on back out of here while we dress."

"Hmmm. I see." I didn't hear the man leave, so I assumed he must still be staring at his brother. "Angel, are you sure you are well? I can roust my brother out of here if necessary."

I'm sure my face was rather red as Ash chuckled at his brother defending my virtue. I managed to peek out at the count over the edge of the blanket. "I'm quite well, sir."

Liam stood behind the stoic count with a hand over his mouth, biting back his laughter. Lord Rowland eyed me critically before he smiled slightly, apparently appeased by whatever he saw.

"Good." He nodded, satisfied. He glanced back at his brother. "I'll see you downstairs within the hour. You have a few things to clear up—like why Lady DeLyle is sitting in our parlor."

I sat up quickly, eyes wide. "Lady DeLyle, sir?" Why was she here? A trickle of fear ran up my spine at the Baroness's name. I'd met her a few times with my master, and she'd always been rather... tactile.

"Yes." The count confirmed with a frown at my reaction.

Ash was staring at me with concern, even as he addressed his brother. "She's the reason I was late returning. Let us dress, and I'll explain it all downstairs."

"Very well." Lord Rowland and Liam backed out of the room, closing the door behind them.

Ash immediately rolled over to kiss me, and I momentarily forgot about the sudden arrival of the Baroness. His tongue swept over my lips before ravishing my mouth. Gods, I could kiss him all day long. Did we really have to get out of the bed?

"I assume this arrangement is acceptable to you?" Ash whispered between heated licks down my neck.

Huh? Was he talking? I couldn't seem to focus on his words, as I was caught up in the delicious sensations he was wreaking on my body. "W-what?"

Ash's chuckle vibrated against my collarbone before he lifted his head. "The bedroom. I assume it is acceptable if I share it with you. Unless you would perhaps like to have more time—"

"No!" I nearly yelled at him. I hadn't slept so well as I had last night or this morning with him curled protectively around me. Now that I had discovered that amazing feeling, I wasn't about to let it go. He smirked at my sharp response. "No, please stay."

"As you wish, amari." He grinned, gifting me with another soft kiss. When he moved away, looking like he was going to climb out of the bed, I grabbed his neck and pulled him back. He laughingly indulged me in another heated round of kisses that devolved quickly to small licks and nips down my neck to my chest. His hips rocked against mine, and I instinctively thrust back.

"Mirde..." Ash gaspingly cursed as he ripped himself away, leaving us both panting. "Gods, what you do to me, amari. But we can't. Not right now."

It was odd washing up and dressing with Ash in the room. The sets of clothes in the armoires weren't just extra clothes revered guests as I'd thought; they had been his clothes. I kept sneaking glances at him as he slipped out of his pants, exposing those thick, lightly furred thighs. He grinned back at me as he dragged a new pair of pants on. I flushed before turning away to pull on my own clothes waiting for me again on the trunk. I only had the three or four sets that Amelia kept laundering and returning to the chest at the end of the bed each day.

"I'll have an extra armoire brought in for your clothes," Ash stated as he watched me try to hide behind the sleepshirt as I changed. I didn't want him to see my scraggly body. Maybe he'd change his mind about wanting to be with me.

"I don't really have that many. A small chest might do..."

"Oh, you'll have plenty more. I'll be sending for a tailor or we can head into town and check out his shop..."

Head into town? My heart raced with excitement. I hadn't been to any town since I was young with Tareth. Ash laughed. "I see that would be acceptable to you."

"Yes, please."

"Good. I'll be right back. I'm going to get a few items from the Sunset room."

I frowned. "Sunset room?"

"The guest room I've been staying in. It's called the Sunset room, basically because it faces west and the sun sets off the reds and golds in the room."

"Oh. I didn't realize it had a name."

Ash smiled indulgently. "A lot of the bedrooms do, just because there are several of them. Calling them all 'guest room' would be confusing."

He disappeared out the door, and I quickly finished dressing.

After he returned, dropping off his shaving items back in the washroom, and completing a quick shave, we both headed for the door.

"Come on, you can sit with me while Row and I talk with Baroness DeLyle."

I stopped suddenly, and Ash turned and frowned at me.

"What's wrong?"

"The-the Baroness, sir, she... she's close to Mas—Barrett," I stammered, dropping instinctively back into submissiveness.

Ash didn't look very surprised at my statement, his expression clouded. "She said she'd been with Barrett, that he'd been courting her, and he'd enthralled her with the ideals of a better, more elite noble class. She came to me yesterday scared. I think we need to listen to what she has to say. You don't have to come with me, if you don't want to face her. I can understand if she reminds you of your past with Barrett."

I was already shaking my head though. I wanted to hear what she had to say. She'd never been sadistic or perverse like Huxton or Barrett, but I'm not sure I trusted her either.

When we arrived at the parlor, Lord Rowland and the steward were already there chatting politely with the Baroness. She looked smaller than I remembered her, pale and drawn. Her muddy eyes were red rimmed and her brown hair drab and disarrayed. She was about my height, but she had always seemed much taller. Today, she appeared mousy looking, sunken into the corner of the settee, her hands wringing nervously in the folds of her mauve dress.

"Ahh, here he is," Rowland greeted. "Ash, dear brother, Lady DeLyle here has news for us she wishes to impart."

"Please, my lord, call me Isobel," she said quietly before lifting her gaze to the viscount.

It took her a second for her to notice me hovering behind Ash, but when she did, her eyes went wide.

"Oh, my!" she gasped. "He-he's here. Barry has been raving about finding his stolen pet."

"Barry?" Rowland quirked an eyebrow, cutting off the sharp retort on the tip of Ash's tongue. My breath hitched at the reminder of my old life, and Ash wrapped an arm around my shoulder, drawing me in.

She gasped at Ash's reaction to her statement, apparently realizing his affection for me. "Oh, forgive me. I—I had no idea..."

"Barry?" Rowland prompted again, attempting to keep the simpering Baroness from straying too far from her purpose in coming.

"Oh, yes. Um, it's my nickname for Lord Barrett. He thought it was rather... sweet." She glanced ashamedly at her lap, her attention returned back to her own woes. "I suspect he would have let me call him anything as long as I kept giving him money for his blasted rebellion."

"Oh?" Lord Rowland cocked his head at the woman, enticing her to explain herself.

"He was using me. I'm sure of it. He and Huxton and a bunch of lesser peers who wanted to improve their lot. Sino supito," she mumbled briefly to herself before glancing back up. "Forgive me, my lords, I'm rambling."

"All is well, my lady. Please take your time." Ash encouraged as he gracefully sat down, indicating for me to sit next to him.

Isobel DeLyle shifted as she settled back. "I don't even know where to start. It's all just such a mess. I can't believe I let myself be pulled into all this. All I can say is that I was blinded by love, my lords."

Rowland and Ash shared an amused look of distaste, as if anyone could love the marquis. But I knew the man could be charming when he wanted to be. And he always had been around Lady DeLyle. He'd had her simpering and falling under his spell, often using me as a pet she could coddle and play with.

Maybe she was more innocent than I'd first thought.

"Yes, my lords, I fancied myself in love with the viper," she bemoaned. "He wooed me, slowly entangling me in his plans with the Earl. I swear I didn't know the extent of their plans. Treason! They are talking treason against the crown!" she cried out, as if it were a surprise.

No one else in the room found it at all shocking.

"Well, I suppose you already are aware of all that. Barry had said how much trouble you were causing, interfering in his shipments for the Earl—"

"His shipments!" Ash snapped in outrage, causing Isobel to cringe.

"I swear I didn't know. I believed everything he told me. I thought he and the Earl were readying for a peasant revolt, and they were just preparing to help defend the laws of the land. Then they talked more and more about the Regent allowing the peasants too many freedoms and privileges... and... and that he—he would n-need to be stopped."

The count studied the Baroness before sitting forward. "And when did you come to the conclusion that all may not be what it seemed with your lover?"

Her face pinched at the mention of Barrett as her lover. "About a month ago. Apparently, plans started unraveling. Barry became rather... bitter. He'd left his main estate and is staying on a small parcel of land Lord Huxton had gifted him." She turned her dull eyes to Ash. "He said—he said that you raided his household, blaming him unjustly for your brother's illness, stealing his pet in retribution—"

"His pet is a person, not an animal, and not his slave," Ash growled at her. "Kye is not his."

Her eyes widened at his vehemence. She quickly nodded as she glanced at me. "I'm so sorry, pe—Kye. I thought you were his amorato, that you were with him by choice. But, he was ranting in a drunken stupor the other night, and—and he let slip about his... relationship with you." She ducked her head, hiding her embarrassment. "I had no idea. I'm sorry."

Strangely, I believed her. When I'd first walked into the room, I expected her to be another traitor to the crown, coming here and lying her way into my amari's graces before she turned on him. But now, I wasn't so sure. Her heartbreak and fear seemed genuine. I believed she hadn't known what Barrett's true plans had been.

"Is all of this why you approached me last night?" Ash asked.

"Yes," she breathed out heavily, hope lighting her eyes. "I knew you were still loyal to the crown, no matter how much Huxton tried to determine if you were fallible that evening. That party was a last effort to feel out any other nobles willing to aid their cause."

"That makes no sense," Rowland cut in. "Barrett knows how much we support the Regent. Why would he risk having Ash there?"

The Lady fisted a handful of chiffon. "I actually believe Lord Huxton invited you out of propriety, to keep from bringing suspicion to his plans. He was inviting a large majority of the peerage to see who he could sway to his thinking. If he'd left you, as well as several other loyalists, off the guest list, he would have drawn the attention of the Regent. Barry didn't like the idea, but he's not the one in charge. And Lord Huxton was already upset with him for losing some cargo."

"I see." Count Rowland seemed to be considering all she had said. "And you asked my brother to bring you here? Why?"

"I—I caught up with him on the road actually. I was afraid of being seen leaving with him. Barry would be—well, I'm not sure what he'd do, but I know he hates you Sterlings, and being seen with Lord Ashton at the party or afterwards would not have been seen favorably by the marquis."

"I would suspect not," Ash chuffed. "She's why I was later returning than I had planned. "The men and I had stopped to refresh the horses and partake of a light meal in Alnwick. I received a note to meet with her outside of town, at one of the merchant's homes. The blacksmith's wife was very accommodating, allowing us a chance to talk—where Lady Isobel explained most of this last night. We decided to leave in the cover of darkness as Barrett wouldn't expect the Baroness to travel at night, and hopefully, wouldn't see her arrive here—assuming we have rousted the last of his spies."

"Well, that certainly explains why I was unaware of our beautiful guest," Rowland smiled, setting the lady at ease. "Now, I suppose, we have the little issue of what to do. Did you have a plan, my lady, when you accosted my brother on the road?"

She drew a sharp breath, obviously realizing that the count didn't quite trust her completely. "Oh, well, no. Not a plan, really. I just... I couldn't be with Barry, pretending as I had. I wasn't sure what he'd do if he realized I thought he was a traitor. He really can be a bit of a... overbearing man," she whispered conspiratorially.

Ash burst out laughing at the absurdity of her statement. Liam and Rowland were also attempting to hide their amusement. I could only stare at her in utter disbelief. But then she had never seen the side of the man that I had lived with until recently.

"Be that as it may, I'm not sure what we can really do. We've taken our suspicions to the Regent, but without proof of Huxton or Barrett's, or any other peers', treachery there isn't much we can do, except continue to watch them. And prepare for any uprising. I suppose we can petition the Regent for you for extra protection, if you fear retaliation by Barrett, but we can't spare any of our own men right now. I'm sorry, Lady Isobel."

"No, no, I understand. But I have papers that might help you. Maybe. I'm not sure what's in them, as I just grabbed them from Barry's chamber before I left."

What? All the men in the room sat up a little straighter, including me.

"What papers? What do you mean you grabbed them from his office? When?" Liam spoke up for the first time, firing question at the woman.

"Oh, oh, well, Barry expected me to stay at his manor home the night before the party. He'd left to meet with the Earl while I was still dressing. I grabbed some of his papers from his desk, hoping they would support my claims when I found someone to listen."

"Sooo, you have these papers now?" Rowland pressed.

"Yes, in my valise. I can go get them. They are in my room." She hesitated, waiting to be told what do do.

"Yes, please. I'd be interested to see what they say."

I watched her shuffle from the room in a rustle of skirts. No wonder Ash had been so late. Traveling with a woman and her carriage had to have slowed them down considerably.

"What do you think?" Lord Rowland asked to the room.

"If she truly does have papers or correspondence between Huxton and Barrett about their plans, it could be enough proof for the Regent to act and take Huxton into custody on suspicion of treason," Liam stated. "Along with Kye's word, and Charlie's—if we can ever get him to talk—it would offer considerable proof. The word of a Lady would hold a lot of weight."

"I agree," Ash stated. "It could be what we've been waiting for. If she's trustworthy."

Rowland hummed his agreement before turning to me. "Kye?"

I startled, jerking at the count addressing me directly. "Y-yes, sir?"

"What do you think, Angel?" He cocked his head, giving me his full attention. "Is she trustworthy?"

Oh, Gods, he wanted my opinion. Why would he want my opinion? I was nothing. "Oh, well, I don't know, sir."

"You've known her better than any of us, especially as she was with Barrett. Do you think she was just enamored by him? Could she be telling the truth?" Rowland pressed.

The eyes of all three men in the room waited for my thoughts, my judgment. I was afraid—what if I was wrong about her? Would they blame me for it?

"Kye," Ash whispered in my ear, "we just what to know what you thought of what she said. We have our own opinions, but the more views we have, the better our assessment will be."

Oh, so maybe they weren't going to rely just on my reaction to the lady's pleas. "I—I believe her," I finally admitted.

"You do?"

I nodded. "Yes. While she was with Lord Barrett, she was a little... pretentious? But she was not like him. She wasn't mean to me. Like she said, she treated me more like... a pet, coddling and feeding me like one."

"Not sure that endears her to me," Ash sneered.

Rowland chuckled. "I agree, but I don't think she meant any harm in it either. Barrett probably made it seem like that's how Kye liked to be treated."

I nodded. "I believe so, sir."

The swishing of layers of chiffon announced the return of Lady Isobel DeLyle well before she reached the entrance to the parlor. She paused at the door, waiting for the count's permission to return to her seat. Rowland nodded regally, gracefully indicating for her to sit.

"Please, my lady, we are eager to see what you have for us."

She set down the embroidered bag she'd brought back with her, reaching down to pull a handful of papers from it. Liam rose to retrieve them, handing them over to the count. The silence was electrifying as the only sound in the room was the rustle of papers as Lord Rowland perused the sheaf he'd been handed. I tried to determine what he thought of them by gauging his reaction as he scanned them, but the man was a paragon of stoicism.

After an indeterminable time that felt like hours, Rowland calmly held out the papers for Liam to take, his expression still unreadable.

"I want to thank you, Lady Isobel, for your courage in bringing Huxton and Barrett's actions to light. We will look over these more thoroughly, to see if they are of any use in proving deceit on their part. But I have to ask, are you willing to speak to the Lord Chancellor against your former lover as well as the Earl of Huxton. Both are very powerful men, I can understand if you'd be reluctant to do so."

I watched the count with awe. He was so diplomatic, astute and adept at handling his peers with strategic grace. I remembered he'd done the same when I'd first saw him with my mas—with Barrett. He was the face of calm shrewdness. Ash was much less so. I smiled to myself at my lover's explosive personality—he was passionate and fervent in his reactions. It was good that each of the brothers complemented each other so well.

Lady Isobel was quiet for several moments, picking at invisible specks on her dress. "Yes, my lord, I will, but only if I'm not alone." The fear on her face at being the sole person making such an accusation was clear. Barrett and Huxton would tear her testimony to the Regent apart.

"No, my lady, we would never expect that of you. Both myself and my brother have already made statements to the Regent with our suspicions, but were still waiting to gather proof. With your words, these papers, as well as possibly the word of a prisoner we have locked away... and of course, Kye, here... you would not be alone in your accusations."

My words? I was going to have to talk to the Regent? Why would such an important man believe anything I had to say?

The panic must have shown in my eyes because Ash placed a firm hand on my knee. "He will believe you, I promise."

And the absolute certainty in his eyes calmed my fears. I glanced back at the Baroness, whose eyes held the same worry. I nodded at her, trying to reassure her. We were both in the same situation—me, a lowly whore, and her a well-bred noble.

"Good. Then it's settled." Rowland slapped his knee as he stood. "Liam and I will look over the papers, and I will send a messenger to the Lord Chancellor. I'm sure he will send a retinue with a minister to act on his behalf to take these statements—"

"Actually," Ash cut in, "after Lady DeLyle and I spoke last evening, I sent Donnelly and Gavin on ahead to Phincester Castle with the message that we may have more information about the insurrection."

Rowland grinned at his brother's preemptive actions. "Perfect. Hopefully, he'll be here within a couple days. It would be helpful if this whole mess were wrapped up before that next cargo arrives." Ash nodded his agreement, as Rowland continued, "Ash, I want you to talk to Charlie again; see if he might be willing to talk now that he's had a few days to stew about his fate. Lady Isobel, you are welcome to stay as our guest in the Rose room for as long as you'd like."

Her relief was palpable. I could see she was afraid to head to her own home, preferring to hide out at the Sterling estate for the time being. "Thank you, my lords."

"Would you care to join us for luncheon in the dining room?" Rowland offered graciously with a sweeping hand toward the door.

"Of course, my lord." She grinned widely, her eyes fluttering at the count.

I bit back a snort of laughter. Obviously, she saw Lord Rowland as an eligible bachelor. What she didn't notice was Liam's narrowed eyes as she swept closer to the count, brushing her body against his as she followed his gesture to the door.

I smiled as Liam sneered at the woman's retreating form. When he turned and met my gaze I couldn't help the slip of a giggle that escaped.

He huffed. "Well, at least you don't have to worry about her trying to poach on your territory." He lifted his chin at Ash. "The way he had you tucked up against his side, I think we all know where you stand."

"Yes," Ash grinned at the steward, his hand caressing the nape of my neck. "He stands right beside me."

Hey all, hope you are enjoying Falling Apart! We are coming closer to the end... maybe 4-5 more chapters?
Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I will be away for a couple weeks (no wifi access, so no posting) as my family heads out on a cruise :) Hopefully, the next chapter will post august 5th. If, by some miracle, I get ch. 28 written and edited before the 20th, then I'll set that one to post for you!
Copyright © 2016 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 49
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ash and Kye seem firmly established in one another's affections. Barrett and Huxley are likely soon to be dealt with. Perhaps with Kye taking some form of justifiable vengance.

 

Hope you and yours have a wonderful trip.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Be still, my beating heart! This development with Lady Idabel was definitely an interesting turn. I hope we do get to see Ash and Kye together shopping around town, maybe with a brotherly escort, though I'd also wonder whether this could lead to a father-son confrontation... Interesting that 'Barry' is still raving about finding Kye. He knows Kye could be one of the lynchpins in
for a conviction of treason, and of course there is the jealous rage that one of his things has been taken from him. Hopefully Kye and Tareth's sperm donor excuse for a father won't do something horrible acting for Barrett.

 

Enjoy your time away! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Fabulous chapter...as your usual!!! Have a great cruise, stay safe...we'll miss you!! :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am enjoying the way this story is coming together. I am eager to see Barrett get what he deserves, even though that would, sadly, probably be almost the end of this engrossing story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Rowland being concerned that Ash is moving too fast for Kye was very thoughtful. These are not your average nobles. The count's assertion that Kye is family seems to hold true.

 

With Kye, Lady Isobel, the papers, and possibly Charlie, the end may be approaching for Barrett and Huxley and none too soon. The only sad part is we are nearing the end of the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I sound like a broken record but I really enjoyed this chapter. The beginning had me laughing, with Kye darting under the covers and Rowland getting all protective of Kye. The brothers Sterling really have adopted Kye as family.

 

They're one step closer to stopping Barrett and Huxley's machinations. Isobel will hopefully be able to help out, though Liam might have to send her packing if she gets too comfortable at the manor. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out, though I too will be was to see this story end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Guest hopelessdreamer78

Posted

I love this story, but because you failed to post on Friday I am now 'falling apart'. Please, please, please post soon. :read:

Link to comment
On 07/26/2016 04:46 AM, hopelessdreamer78 said:

I love this story, but because you failed to post on Friday I am now 'falling apart'. Please, please, please post soon. :read:

Thank you so much! I'll be back to posting on Fridays this week (was gone on a nine day cruise so couldn't post the last two weeks--sorry!) I'm glad you are enjoying FA!

Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 09:26 AM, spikey582 said:

I sound like a broken record but I really enjoyed this chapter. The beginning had me laughing, with Kye darting under the covers and Rowland getting all protective of Kye. The brothers Sterling really have adopted Kye as family.

 

They're one step closer to stopping Barrett and Huxley's machinations. Isobel will hopefully be able to help out, though Liam might have to send her packing if she gets too comfortable at the manor. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out, though I too will be was to see this story end.

:thankyou: Glad you liked it!

Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 08:24 AM, drpaladin said:

Rowland being concerned that Ash is moving too fast for Kye was very thoughtful. These are not your average nobles. The count's assertion that Kye is family seems to hold true.

 

With Kye, Lady Isobel, the papers, and possibly Charlie, the end may be approaching for Barrett and Huxley and none too soon. The only sad part is we are nearing the end of the story.

Yes, things are definitely falling into place to bring down Barrett and Huxton. The Sterling brothers are certainly not average nobles, which hopefully tells (indirectly) a bit about their parents and their upbringing.

Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 07:01 AM, avidreadr said:

I am enjoying the way this story is coming together. I am eager to see Barrett get what he deserves, even though that would, sadly, probably be almost the end of this engrossing story.

:) Thank you!

Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 06:42 AM, Onim said:

Fabulous chapter...as your usual!!! Have a great cruise, stay safe...we'll miss you!! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the well wishes on the cruise. It was great! Our girls had an awesome time (their first cruise, our third). I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 06:18 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Be still, my beating heart! This development with Lady Idabel was definitely an interesting turn. I hope we do get to see Ash and Kye together shopping around town, maybe with a brotherly escort, though I'd also wonder whether this could lead to a father-son confrontation... Interesting that 'Barry' is still raving about finding Kye. He knows Kye could be one of the lynchpins in

for a conviction of treason, and of course there is the jealous rage that one of his things has been taken from him. Hopefully Kye and Tareth's sperm donor excuse for a father won't do something horrible acting for Barrett.

 

Enjoy your time away! :D

Yes, in sending Richard to help Charlie attempt to kidnap Kye earlier, he's realizing just how much Kye knows and can hurt him. Plus, he's arrogant enough to want to keep "what's his". :)

Link to comment
On 07/16/2016 06:16 AM, dughlas said:

Ash and Kye seem firmly established in one another's affections. Barrett and Huxley are likely soon to be dealt with. Perhaps with Kye taking some form of justifiable vengance.

 

Hope you and yours have a wonderful trip.

The end is coming soon for Barrett and Huxton :)

And thank you, the trip was awesome!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..