Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 1,802 Words
  • 7,072 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Falling Apart - 1. Chapter 1

Warning; this first chapter is rather graphic and includes the dubious consent/rape scene. This first chapter is probably the most graphic, so if you can make it through it, you'd probably be okay for the rest...

Chapter 1

 

"How much more can you take, I wonder?"

Hopefully enough, I thought, as I prayed for oblivion.

More time passed between each strike now. His voice was calmer as well. His fury had passed, thankfully; now he was admiring his work—the way the cane left bloody welts criss-crossing my skin.

Remembering his rage as the cane rained blows across my body left me ready to collapse from the stance I'd managed to hold for so long. Something had happened today; something his steward Richard had told him had brought my master storming into the room earlier.

And I'd known at that moment tonight I was going to hurt. I always did when he was like this.

"Fucking hell!" he had screamed as he had whipped the cane across my shoulders. "That viperous ratsbane who Sterling caught better never let me get a hold of him. I'll strip him bare for turning on me like that!"

I perversely wished whoever the 'viperous ratsbane' was would get caught by my master. I didn't understand why I had to suffer for other people's mistakes like this.

"He better hope Richard gets a hold of him first," Master had growled, still talking to himself as he had laid out another blow.

I'd kept my lips pressed together tightly, drawing on every ounce of control and discipline I'd ever been taught—to not break as he vented out his frustration.

The more pain I was in, the more he enjoyed himself, the more it alleviated his own irritation. Closing my eyes as I awaited the fall of the cane, the anticipation of wondering where it would fall was just as much agony as the actual hit sometimes. I clenched my hands tighter on the back of my head, trying to keep my body from tensing as I stood at attention.

Pain lanced across my lower back, and my teeth bit down on my bottom lip to keep from reacting. I could taste the blood in my mouth as I fought to maintain silence. Control. Discipline. Be strong. Be good.

If I could just hold out, it would be over soon; I was sure of it. He would release me, allow me to quickly pleasure him, and I could go back to my corner of the room. Maybe he'd even let me wash and use the wonderful salve he offered when I'd been really good.

It had seemed to take forever for his ire to wane this time. Master's breathing had been harsh and ragged as he lashed out his rage. It had been so long since he'd been this angry, and I wondered if he truly expected me to stay in control under the onslaught.

I rarely ever broke now. Maybe I did at the beginning, and I had the scars to remind me of my disobedience; however, I usually managed to remain numb now, holding position, suffering in silence. But tonight was different. It had been a while since he'd been this brutal.

I tried not to tense at the whooshing sound that would precede the explosion of pain, not knowing exactly where it would land, but it never worked. I could only tighten my hands on the back of my head, stretching back my elbows in an effort to maintain my training. I tried to focus on my breathing and not the fire blooming across my back.

A hand slid down my back, almost reverently, now that he was slowly getting back in control. The garlic and onion that had flavored his dinner assaulted my senses as he leaned close to my cheek. "So pretty, so good for me."

Another voice echoed in my head, a voice from seven years ago. A voice I hadn't heard since, but thought of daily. I prayed every day he wasn't suffering like I did. 'Be good, be strong.'

His voice whispered in my ear as he held me tight against him as I cried. The night before he left. "Mama and papa will need you now, more than ever."

No they didn't. They needed him. They'd tried to send me away. But no one wanted me. Everyone wanted him. I wanted him. I needed him. Because he was the only one who ever cared about me. Papa didn't, and mama always seemed...lost.

"You know this is for the best. I can earn good money to support papa, the family. I need you to help mama and papa as much as you can while I'm gone. I'll be back when the contract is over. I promise. Be strong, be good."

And I tried, for him. Even though he'd never come back. Or maybe he had, and I had already been sent away under my own contract. Helping mama and papa the only way I could now.

Here, with my master.

 

****

 

He paced around me, his torso bare and covered in a sheen of sweat. I kept my eyes lowered to his hairy chest and plump stomach. He was heavyset but maintained a bit of muscle as well. Certainly more than me.

I wished my master had tied me to the bed or bound me in some way; it made it easier not to react. I felt safer when he restrained me. I knew what was expected. I didn't have to think about whether or not I was allowed to move—because I couldn't. I just had to stay silent.

Tonight was not one of those nights.

I'd been standing in the same position—feet shoulder width apart, back straight, hands linked behind my head, elbows back, naked—for over an hour, waiting for each fall of the cane as my master paced behind me angrily. Striking relentlessly at first. Now, the bruising hits were more sporadic, intermixed with a hand soothing over my back...my hips...my buttocks...

And I hadn't broken. Not yet.

I felt like I could do it now. I was sure he'd be done any moment. I'd lasted this long, through the worse of his fury, I should be able to make it, right? If I could stay quiet. If I didn't break. He'd see how good I was. And I desperately wanted to be good.

The next strike landed across the bottom of my buttocks, stinging the sensitive skin, and I choked back a cry.

"What was that, pet? Did I hear something?" the deep voice crooned next to my ear.

I felt my naked body tremble as cold fear washed over me. Fucking hell. It sounded like he was looking for me to fall apart now, just so he could punish me more. "No, master," I managed to croak out.

"Hmm, we'll see," he muttered, his breath hot against my damp shoulder.

I couldn't let him see my fear.

It would only make it worse. And believe me, it could be worse. I broke more times than I could count. You'd think after three years, I would have learned better discipline.

Sometimes, I was able to let go, drift away, dream of a place where I didn't hurt anymore. It was easier when I was bound; I didn't have to concentrate as hard. But master hated when I escaped into my head like that. He wanted me there, in the moment with him. And I wanted to be anywhere else.

I felt his hand slide down my back, slick with sweat and probably blood as well. I hissed at the sting of his fingers scraping against my raw skin. Was he done with the cane?

A moment later, his finger slipped into my crease, jabbing into me without warning. A strangled cry escaped my parched throat as I instinctively arched away from the invasion.

Fuck! My chin dropped slightly as I snapped back into position, praying master wouldn't punish me more. I'd broken my position, my control.

Fingers snaked through my hair, yanking my head back. "So close, my pretty little Kye, so close."

I sucked in a sharp breath, knowing what was coming next. I wanted to beg, but that would be even worse. I'd broken, now I had to face the consequences.

He propelled me forward until my thighs hit the bed. My heart raced in panicked beats in my chest as he shoved my chest down on the mattress. I knew better than to move my hands and managed to keep them clasped behind my head as my face buried in the thick blankets. His fingers traced down my ribs to my jutting hipbones as he yanked them back. In the next instant, my training, my discipline failed me completely when he stabbed into me, and I screamed.

"Control!" he snapped angrily, his hand squeezed against the back of my neck.

I gasped in air as it came in short pants, my airway constricted by his strong fingers wrapped around my neck and my face being smothered in the mattress. As he drew his hips back, I felt the burn inside me, scraping me raw. He drove back in, tearing me open, and I felt a slickness I knew wasn't the oil he used when I'd been good.

"Please!" I cried out, even though I knew I shouldn't. Begging was bad. Begging brought more—

Fuck! Stars exploded in my vision as he pierced me again, and I tried to drag in air through my pained cries. One hand held me still by my throat, the other scraped down the lacerations scoring my back.

Why the fuck couldn't I stay quiet?

Why couldn't I keep control? Obey the rules?

His own breath started to sound irregular. "Your control is worthless, pet."

I already knew that. I'd never been perfect, even before I became his personal thrall. Probably why my father had tried to send me off while wanting to keep my older brother with him. I'd been the worthless one, the one he could throw away.

"You should be better than this by now." His voice was distant, fading, but the pain spiked up my back as his thrusts grew erratic.

At that moment, I prayed. Maybe it was time. Maybe he'd finally lose control—not that he'd been in much control earlier as he'd flayed my back. I could hardly draw any air now. Maybe...if I was lucky...

His heavy weight was bearing down on my thinner frame as he sought his release, squeezing my lungs, his hand biting the back of my neck, crushing the top of my spine.

I prayed as I let the air escape my lungs. I prayed he wouldn't notice I couldn't draw more air in. I prayed he didn't know how hard he was pushing on my neck. I prayed for oblivion. It was one thing I could control.

I prayed...

Thank you so very much for reading. Thanks to Parker Owens for his detailed notes and superb eye for details in beta reading. And thank you to Cazpedroso for her unfaltering editing help!!
Copyright © 2016 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 41
  • Love 1
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Yikes. I really hope things do get better for poor Kye. I think his master needs a taste of his own medicine. I trust you to make things right. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Whoa, tough chapter. But I have faith that Craftingmom will make it all better. You will, won't you Craftingmom, make it all better?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sometimes you just need to do as you're told. And take your punishment when you don't.
Nice chapter and not at all tough to read.
tim

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey, CM! That was so well written that I was a bit horrified. I'm not really good with the abuse, as you know, but I got through it. The master is a cruel, heartless pig. I will try to hang in there... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Okay, well, abuse like that ... just not my thing but there has to be more to this story so I'll stick about a bit longer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

The best of ways to begin the new year, with a new CM story. Kye is a new tortured soul painfully waiting for an uncertain future salvation. I look forward to how it works out and to learn more about Kye.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Interesting start. Why is Kye under contract with a person like that? For money? Where did his brother go? I'm very curious about this world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So much for a little light reading.....I've already started pulling for Kye to find some sort of peace .....but we all know that you will torture us more before thar happens....:( Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 05:23 AM, Valkyrie said:

Yikes. I really hope things do get better for poor Kye. I think his master needs a taste of his own medicine. I trust you to make things right. ;)

This is the toughest chapter, but it's to set the scene of what Barrett is capable of and how he views Kye as well as Kye's state of mind.

Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 05:36 AM, Zenith said:

Whoa, tough chapter. But I have faith that Craftingmom will make it all better. You will, won't you Craftingmom, make it all better?

:) Yes, it will be better.... eventually.

Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 06:37 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes you just need to do as you're told. And take your punishment when you don't.

Nice chapter and not at all tough to read.

tim

Yep, Kye is used to just dealing with it. I'm glad you liked the chapter. Thank you! I always warn people, just in case...

Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 08:17 AM, Headstall said:

Hey, CM! That was so well written that I was a bit horrified. I'm not really good with the abuse, as you know, but I got through it. The master is a cruel, heartless pig. I will try to hang in there... cheers... Gary...

I know :). This is probably the most graphic chapter (kinda like Beneath the Current where the Prologue was pretty intense). A lot of this story deals with Kye's mental state. Thanks for trying it out, I know some of my stories are tough to read.

Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 10:39 AM, dughlas said:

Okay, well, abuse like that ... just not my thing but there has to be more to this story so I'll stick about a bit longer.

I can understand that; my stories aren't for everyone. This is probably the most graphic chapter, as it sets the tone for Barrett's and Kye's relationship in a very 'intense' way. I hope you'll find it easier to read as it goes along.

Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 10:47 AM, drpaladin said:

The best of ways to begin the new year, with a new CM story. Kye is a new tortured soul painfully waiting for an uncertain future salvation. I look forward to how it works out and to learn more about Kye.

Thank you! I've been toying with this story for over a month now, so I figured it would be a good way to start the new year and get me past my writer's block on it. I hope you enjoy it!!!

Link to comment
On 01/04/2016 02:30 AM, Puppilull said:

Interesting start. Why is Kye under contract with a person like that? For money? Where did his brother go? I'm very curious about this world.

You know me... I like 'intense' starts to my stories, hoping to suck the reader in! You'll learn more about Kye's brother soon and why he's agreed to a service contract with Barrett soon. But the short of it is, he didn't know what Barrett was like before he agreed to it.

Link to comment
On 01/04/2016 10:32 AM, flamingo136 said:

So much for a little light reading.....I've already started pulling for Kye to find some sort of peace .....but we all know that you will torture us more before thar happens....:( Mike

Light reading? Me? Hehe

And you know I have to drag your emotions through the wringer for a while first! :)

Thanks so much for checking out this story! Hope you enjoy it!

Link to comment

Jeez. I know what I'm in for and I still read it. Ouch. Does this stuff linger with you? Do you suffer along with your characters?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/05/2016 11:12 PM, Dabeagle said:

Jeez. I know what I'm in for and I still read it. Ouch. Does this stuff linger with you? Do you suffer along with your characters?

Oh, I definitely suffer with them. Lots of tissues while I write.

Link to comment
On 04/30/2016 12:02 PM, ashes grey said:

hi, Im new to the site. a friend told me about you. i hope Kye will be ok. my heart reaches out to him. :,(

Hi! So glad you are here at GA! There are sooo many great stories here from so many wonderful authors. I'm sure you'll find many stories you'll like. Hopefully you'll enjoy a couple of mine in there as well (especially if you like a lot of angst... ohh, and maybe cliffhangers!) Please feel free to let me know what you think!

Link to comment

I reviewed the last chapter and then I realized you were the author! Well, now I know why I liked it so much! I don't know how I missed that this was one of yours! I love it. It's a delicious read. Xoxo Robin

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..