Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,950 Words
  • 1,691 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You & I - 29. Chapter 29

Visit my website or sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

To: @apunyrocketman

From: Max Wilson

10:30PM

Hey Isaac, I decided to add you on Snapchat. I just want to let you know that Friday was really great. I was delighted that you enjoyed the surprise. I'm still writing my letter to you, though it will be one of my last since we have each other's phone number and Snapchat so we can talk here whenever we feel like it. Not to mention the finish date.

When I walked into my English class today, our teacher kindly reminded the classroom, the assignment is due on Friday, and that I needed to write a two-page essay of what I have learned about my other counterpart. I am sad to see that the time is cutting short, just a little. The best part is that I have your phone number and I know who you are so I can pester you any time inside school or out.

What do you think about being introduced to my best friend, all the way from Pre-K…? I mean, Coren. I reckon he'd be super excited to meet you and it makes sense if I want to have you around. I mean, I'd like if you'd consider hanging out with me. Coren is pretty much everywhere I hang out. So, I thought I'd try and break the ice so I can invite both of you guys out at the same time in the future. I was thinking tomorrow during lunch, I can meet you at the door to the cafeteria, and I'll bring you over to my table and introduce you to my friends, that is if you don't already have seating arrangements with other peeps.

Anyway, I just thought I'd message you, so you had my number, plus, Snapchat info. I hope you are having a nice Monday. So yeah, the phone number is 202-555-5555.

* * *

1 New Message

From: Isaac

10:51PM

I got your message, thanks for adding me. I just saved your number. Yeah, I figured we would be stopping any day now, given the closing date is on Friday. We have had ourselves a time, haven't we? Perhaps next year I'll sign up for this program again if it continues to run. It's the best idea I've ever had, and now I have a real friend. This almost feels cliché or something. You know, the type of ending you'd see in a movie, or in Deadpool where Ryan Reynolds turns around and acknowledges the viewers. I can picture it, the superhero pivoting over his shoulder and asking a ridiculous question. Imagine that, that someone was reading our conversations. They'd probably think we'd make a cute couple, though that fact has sailed. Wouldn't that be odd? A part of me, however, wonders what they'd think reading our talks.

I just had a thought, but the number of letters we wrote must surely be the length of a book. Well, at least I am assuming now since the notion has come about. Again, I don't think I'd hide anything particular about myself now. I have a great friend like you to lean on when times get tough. Therefore, it makes the blight of bad situations appear non-existent, realizing that someone I trust is going through the same obstacles as me to some degree.

Secondly, I don't have to do an essay, as I did the writing buddy thing purely for social interaction. All the same, I believe I will give it a go, even if it's not a full essay, I'm just going to thank the random ideology of luck for his/her wisdom in guiding our two paths closer together so that we could meet.

Lastly, with lunch, my first initial reaction was to say no, but for the first time ever, I hear myself saying yes. A torrent of questions is flooding my mind, and for the life of me, all I can say is yes. I'm not sure what is happening, but I just want to hang out with you. Before Friday, Max, I was nobody. When I woke on Saturday morning, I had so many people messaging me with warm regards to the touchdown at the game. Messages were coming in from everywhere.

Some people said, "hey I thought what happened at the game was cool," or "sorry I don't talk to you much… I should definitely do it more."

Someone even went on to say this;"your cute, we should talk."

Get this… the person gave me her number. Now you can probably guess that I thought it was a joke. I'm still not sure, I haven't replied to the DMs on Facebook and my other social media stuff, but people notice me more because of what you did, and I don't know how to show my appreciation for what you did. I mean, it just blows all the thank you's out of the water by a long shot, and I don't believe I can ever contend to your gift. That's what it is, a gift, and I thank you for not giving up on our friendship when things got momentarily complicated. I had people I never even knew existed come up to me and talk to me this morning, and it all derived from what you did for me. Therefore, the least I can do is join you for lunch tomorrow and see how it goes from there.

* * *

1 New Message

From: Max

10:56PM

OMG…OMG… YAY…. Thx u for accepting. I promise you won't regret it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. You don't need to be nervous or feel like you don't belong among my group of friends. If you are uncomfortable at any time, will you let me know, and I'll try to access the problem? Not that there will be one, everyone was totally cool with you on Friday, so I don't see why things should be different. However, I just want to put it out there in case things are not working for you, or the vibe is not right.

And about the thank you, I don't really know what to say about that. I guess I don't actively go pursing acknowledgment for doing a good deed. I just did what I did… no need for thanks. Just let me hang out with you every so often, and then we will be square.

LOL… you know, I never thought about that before, though, yes, we have written to each other a lot. It's even funnier how since we are phasing out our letters, it does seem like the end of something. Not sure what we are ending, except, it does feel a little odd. I'm not sure what I'd do if I knew other people were reading our conversations. I'm not sure, I'm sort of okay and a little of not. I'm confused. I reckon there are some parts about my life I'd rather wait to figure out and not have exposed if some were to read our letters. The only one who knows about my secret is you, and I'm not ready to come out. I wouldn't want anybody reading what I have written until I am in a better place to handle fallout if there is going to be any. Though you have been completely awesome about the whole situation, so maybe you can help me when I am ready… to come out I mean, but not now. You know the further I dig into this message, I am beginning to wonder why it is necessary in the first place. Why is the default straight? I get it… I know before anybody answers. Though it can be intimidating knowing that what you are supposed to fit in, is not the default. Except, even if it is different for me, I don't believe I hate myself anymore for being this way.

I presume the closest emotion to the feeling I am trying to depict is that I guess I am screwed this way… So, I might as well get on with things. Otherwise, I'll always be depressed and miserable. You know, accept what I can't change. Then in some weird mumbo-jumbo, I'll end up like one of those fairies dancing until 3AM in some gay bar, with a fluffy pink tippet… Yeah, I am shocked too… I had no idea I knew the name of that scarf, but hmm… I have no choice, the condition has always been there, so I reckon what is the worst that can happen by learning to accept it. Hooray for being gay… that's what we say… let's go, not stay.

***

1 New Message

From: Isaac

11:02PM

Hey, we all have things we like, for me, it's nerdy crap. No word of a lie, but in my bedroom, I have an entire glass cabinet with game memorabilia. Cliché with a cause. If I didn't have a comic book collection or an old-fashioned game console, and I do, might I add. Then I wouldn't be a real geek. Still, I'll never understand how you manage to turn a serious moment into something laughable when you write back to me. You have this funny disposition. Sometimes it seems you try to take life as a pinch of salt; by tossing it over your shoulder and not caring. I'd imagine if I did that the whole shaker would fly out of my hand and knock some poor ninety-year-old out for good. My point in being is, just be you. Dignity and character are much more than a presumption, so don't let the person who makes you... die. You may never know until you have made a transition, but when you open yourself to positive change, when you open your sails wide, to let the wind carry you. It only then feels like life is a breath of fresh air, or how you'll drift in a lucid, semi-conscious state upward. From there, life can only get better.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow too; thanks for not bailing on me now that the end is in sight. It really means a lot to me that you are trying to continue our camaraderie. I'd like nothing more than to contribute to this friendship. Perhaps in a couple of years when we are a little older, mature, wiser even, but completely wild and naïve. I'll still look back at this moment; the two months we shared, and how better my life has gotten since you walked into my exitance. You're okay in my book, I hope I am in yours.

I'm sure, everything will go off without a hitch tomorrow, it is the anticipation for what is to come that I am excited of. Plus, I'm just passing on a message as my dad is heading off to bed. So that means I'll be going to sleep in a few minutes too. He just wanted me to tell you that he appreciated what you have done for me. I told him a little bit more about our conversions, and my dad wants me to invite you to dinner on Friday as a thank you. I'd like it if you came… at least let me say thank you. :) Don't leave me hanging with his cooking. LOL… I'm joking he's a good cook.

* * *

1 New Message

From: Max

11:10PM

LOL… I'll be there... You didn't tell him, did you?

* * *

1 New Message

From: Isaac

11:11PM

Sweet… Nah... that's on you. Anyway, night, Watson. I'll see you tomorrow.

* * *

1 New Message

From: Max

11:11PM

Yep... big day... I'll see you at the cafeteria doors for lunch.

Righty-right... Night Sherlock…

Until tomorrow,

Watson. :)

 

The End

A special thanks to my patrons: Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, John, Danny, Matt, Scott, Joshua,Â

***

For updates and a full compilation of all my work, visit my website at - www.dk-daniels.com

***

Sign up to my mailing list to receive updates, some freebies, and announcements.

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a fantastic story, the 2 boys are surely becoming good friends and Issac is becoming more popular after the thing that Max did at the football game. I would have loved something like this when I was younger being pen pals with someone in another class and then becoming their friend would have been great for me. I’m glad that they are becoming friends and will continue being friends for a long time. I know that when Max found out for sure that Issac was in the wheelchair he had to take some time to think about him becoming friends with him because of the chair Issac said he would understand if he didn’t want to be his friend anymore, Max said he just needed a couple of days to think things through so he could say for sure that he wasn’t getting into something he couldn’t handle. When Max made the request for the opportunity to have Issac take the football to get the final touchdown of the game gave them both a greater feeling of worth. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 12/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter to end what has been an awesome story.

Thanks for the comment, and reading the story again. Glad to hear it was worthy of a second read :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 12/20/2019 at 4:39 AM, Phillip said:

Thank you for a wonderful story without sex. PLEASE write more like it, but longer.thanks

Thank you for the comment; glad you enjoyed the story so far. The journey continues soon wrapping up all the conclusions in the second book which I hope to have in print during Q2 of 2020.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..