Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,742 Words
  • 3,899 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You & I - 6. Chapter 6

Visit my website or sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

To Mr. James Bond or Glorified Secretary,

 

I am writing to authenticate the unique package of God's almighty power you have sent has been received. PS. Could you post an instruction handbook because one did not arrive with the cargo, furthermore considering I'm all about saving the planet and recycling, I don't want to have to wire back the delivery in order to get a manual, only for you to ship it back to me?

There exists some commonality as to what you have said; I too believe sleep is more beneficial than losing it. On the contrary, I reason everybody would agree with you that rest is increasingly essential. I have to say I would kiss the feet of the person who invented the bed. Oh and the dude who created a pillow. They have made my life so much more comfortable; moreover, if I ever met them, I'd be sure to let them know.

However, seldom it is unavoidable in life, the reason I hold good grades and excel with most of my studies is that I put the work in, if you don't put the performance in it'll never happen. I do agree to some of the rules they settle are a bit ridiculous, including your interpretation of the "government" or "school board" fits the bill. I would not beg to differ because I imagine it is entirely accurate, only on the downside if it weren't for school I don't think I'd know how to do basic Math or English. I deem classwork as if it were a sport. Your life resembles to revolve around sports and not that it is a bad thing or anything. Except what appears important to you, is not significant to me, but what is essential to me, is not important to you.

I reckon it makes the world a more inviting place and more diversified. It would be a dull, boring home to be living if every Tom, Dick, and Harry were the same. I have no problem sitting down every day, day after day, doing homework for more than 40 minutes, as you have pointed out. Despite, if I were to try sports, I would highly doubt I'd do 30 minutes of physical education.

And who knows? I might be even able to bend spoons with my brain waves. Don't underestimate the power of a geek, though you're in safe hands because I don't probe anybody, so that is something.

Cursing is not an overly huge deal with me. If you find it to be more natural and beneficial from your standpoint point of view, then swear all you want. Personally, though, on a side note, I don't curse a lot.

My mom often says, "it does not become of you," when I speak some bad language.

Except, bad language is not a common occurrence for me, nine times out of ten, it is usually associated with something that I find frustrating. For example, if I've worked on a science project for hours on end and then find out that I've arranged the wrong section that is when I will unleash the mighty foul expressions. I reckon it passes to everyone, that we end up doing something wrong when we're not listening because our minds are so filled with the nonsense teachers give out, our own personal dilemmas, as with society as a whole. I guess the further we delve into the eventuality the more complicated and less human we become. I'm going slightly off track here; therefore, I'll go back to my original point. Cursing is not something I do.

As for your invite in roasting a teacher, I would be on board with that. I have never done or said anything like this before, so this is out of context. There are some nice teachers out there; not all teachers are corrupt. I don't know why we're even talking about teachers being incredibly mean. Correct Mr. Murphy looks like he's gonna have at you, I did find it amusing how you described him. Essentially, I was envisioning it; the first thing that came to mind was, of course, a cheesy horror flick where a poor fool's face comes away like grated stringy cheese. I like horror movies they're kinda cool, do you prefer older or newer horror movies, you can't beat John Carpenter's films.

Aye, I have no Watson, it could be something we could work towards, plus I'll start preparing an exemplary objective test. I can't guarantee an offer, but you will go to the top of my list on my desk. Also, I will ensure that you get the place.

Err… And yeah, the crappy partner bit was a bit… Crappy if I can say that much. Thankfully I'd didn't take it to heart, and I am in a good mood, so that's water under the bridge. About the caveat, you're right, every cop show does have a crummy partner or one who kind of does their own business. But it's ironic that one person ends up making a significant breakthrough in the case so… Value your crappy partner.

I put it lightly about Watson; a glorified secretary is not something to turn down so quickly. Everybody knows a great detective or brain needs personal filing carbineer. I believe the two of us share some humor and I think that is how we are possibly getting on for the moment. It's good to be able to laugh at our little jokes. Plus, they haven't gotten out of hand for us to feel personally insulted. Consequently, if you like, let's keep it up.

I also assumed you were a jock, well not in the traditional sense, but I did have an inkling. After all, you sound like you get along with most people and well, you play sports, and a lot of it, which I will assume will become one of your main influences during high school. Possibly collage.

To your question "am I one of the shy kids," I assume I am, except I guess I'm not. You see, I don't fit inside a group that says shy or not shy. To be honest, I don't believe I have a peer group in school. I'm like my own wolf sort of deal, and I suppose it's okay, but sometimes it gets lonely. It's helpful to know not everyone in the jock social group is not a complete psycho, no offense. Thus, the probability of meeting three out of five people is an excellent winning number, considering I don't want to meet the other two of the five, although I'm going to hold you to that statistic.

For passing the ball, it sounds like a cool thing to do, I don't how you'd feel about me playing though, I don't presume you'd fancy playing with me if I got on a court. Furthermore, it's formidable that you are willing even to teach me; most people would not have the patience for such a thing. Especially a stranger.

It sounds like you're going to be a regular All-Star throughout high school and perhaps college, you seem to have an interest in every spot there is by the looks of it. Nonetheless, moms know best, you should listen. Keeping your health is more important than trying to satisfy the team, I hope you resemble a little healthier or at least feel it. It's nice to know that you have left a lasting impression on the people you have come in contact with that they are willing to give you a second chance when you're ready to go at it again. Concerning me, I wish I knew such generous benefits, but I don't, I guess teachers are somewhat lenient. Only, I'd like to be looked up to, or a little bit admired at least some time within my life by my peers. I might take you up the offer for learning but… I surmise that it is an assumption for another day.

The clarinet is reasonably hard to play. I've been playing the instrument for about four years, and yes, I do have braces which it is slightly weird now. Though I don't find it too difficult to perform the clarinet with a pair of train tracks, they didn't get in the way because all you're doing is blowing into the mouthpiece. Maybe I'm a little more self-conscious than I give myself credit for, reasonably I am a bit better than I give myself appraise for.

It would be funny to know that the two of us are in the same band class, and then to find out we are talking to each other in real life. It would be highly amusing to recognize that I am the guy with the braces, including you are the guy who plays the piano over in the corner which ironically when I was in the band class, there was a kid who played the piano, and he was pretty good actually. No idea if it's you, however, if you did play the piano for six years than I could assume that the kid who was playing the piano was playing for quite a while because he was pretty good.

I know right music makes you consider stuff that you cannot quite think of concerning anything else. It doesn't matter what language it is in or what it is regarding, music is a universal language, and it brings people together regardless of race, ethnic background or beliefs. Every emotion has a reaction, and experiencing that emotion has a beautiful response.

Too bad you're not a movie enthusiast. I play a lot of games although mostly solo player because I don't have many friends to play with online. Except, for the few that I do play with online, I don't really know them. I have a couple of friends but not a lot, therefore, if I have any friends, they are virtual ones. I'm a geeky guy, so it is in my arsenal to own at least a couple hundred films and a couple hundred games. I do like going outdoors in summer, yet there's just something about sitting down in the evenings in the middle of vacation and playing a game on your phone or pulling out an old Nintendo DS and going at it like the early days.

You're welcome, and I assume it will go well. Anyway, later.

 

From,

Sherlock

A special thanks to my patrons: Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, John, Danny, Matt, Scott, Joshua,

***

For updates and a full compilation of all my work, visit my website at - www.dk-daniels.com

***

Sign up to my mailing list to receive updates, some freebies, and announcements.

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 hours ago, Canuk said:

Really getting a sense of their individuality. 

Great writing, thanks

Thank you for your comment, I am glad that you can see the boy's individualism is shining through, I wish to make them complete opposites. I hope you continue to enjoy the series or any of the other works I have provided here or my website.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The probing continues, and as correspondents do, they respond and later amplify. Sherlock and Watson seem to be learning many superficial things about one another. What will impel them to learn more? 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

The probing continues, and as correspondents do, they respond and later amplify. Sherlock and Watson seem to be learning many superficial things about one another. What will impel them to learn more? 

As you have pointed out I have tried to keep it as real to pen pal letters between two people only it’s a little more personal as they grow together. Sure I could have went line by line what is your favourite colour but I wanted to tell something a little different. That is why I went with some of the superficial things that they both of something to about. I’m glad you are still enjoying the story :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I for one like the way that it seems that the story is actually the two boys writing ✍️ each other as pen pals. Holding true to the assignment they’re not divulging personal information to each other, the content of the letters shows that they are telling about likes and dislikes, teachers, band class and the instruments that they play. While Sherlock is the book 📖 worm Watson is the jock, they both like John Carpenter movies, and dislike a teacher named Mr Murphy. I think it’s great that they have hit it off the way they have and I hope that after the assignment ends they can get together and actually meet each other and then they can talk about their letters to each other and they can figure out if they’ve met each other before. Great story keep up the good work, I’m off to the next chapter.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/18/2018 at 3:19 AM, Butcher56 said:

I for one like the way that it seems that the story is actually the two boys writing ✍️ each other as pen pals. Holding true to the assignment they’re not divulging personal information to each other, the content of the letters shows that they are telling about likes and dislikes, teachers, band class and the instruments that they play. While Sherlock is the book 📖 worm Watson is the jock, they both like John Carpenter movies, and dislike a teacher named Mr Murphy. I think it’s great that they have hit it off the way they have and I hope that after the assignment ends they can get together and actually meet each other and then they can talk about their letters to each other and they can figure out if they’ve met each other before. Great story keep up the good work, I’m off to the next chapter.

When I started off, I was determined to find a way of keeping a story going without the characters actually meeting until the end. I suppose, by adding in all the little bits of human nature, what we hate, what we love, what we'd like to do, is what makes us incredibly human. Little snippets of these things and they build a character. Although when I began I wanted the two boys to be distinct from one another. Its one of those stories with the Jock and the Bookworm, but I still have a sizable plot twist in my mind in store. I am looking forward to having the boys meet myself, I wonder when that will be? :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..