Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,919 Words
  • 3,664 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You & I - 8. Chapter 8

Visit my website or sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

To Watson,

Yes, you may take the occupation of a friend, and partner in crime since it appears to be the abundant show of interest. It saddens me to learn you have no such implementation; may I propose that your company adapts, as they say, the customer is perpetually right. I would not have paid for the parcel if I possessed knowledge of intentional manufacturer infringement, where the seller cuts corners for-profit and lower production costs. It is a mockery and insult that you don't supply customer support for dedicated consumers, MORE or less tell me to "google" it and sort it myself.

Onward for now; to pass my exemplary objective test, you must answer the following questions.

 

1. How good are your coffee brewing skills?

2. What do you do say to, getting covered in personal sticky notes?

3. Sometimes I get lonely, how good is your singing voice? Can you teach me how to yodel?

4. Do you make badass sandwiches, I love a good ol' sandwich?

5. If you are falling to your death, do you scream, cry, or pee a little?

 

If you reach the requirements above, you may fill the position. Plus, I have no quarrels about hibernation, I do love the rest when I can afford to switch my brain off. Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot for me to do, all I do is school and home, after that, I am kind of dull to be around. Consequently, sleep is a beautiful thing to break up the whole glum glamorous lifestyle of being somewhat a loser.

Sorry to hear Mr. Murphy got you into hot water. Personally, I don't have classes with him, but I do know of him. I have listened to the stories and ridiculous conditions he expects from his students. I understand where you are coming from. However, it didn't sting in the slightest bit. I can assume that you are just a little bit peeved off because you were being made do something you do not entirely want to do. I reckon everybody who has had to do something they are not happy about doing, will have never done it if they were not forced to do it. I have been in those circumstances, I have had to adapt to when things go wrong, and well… here I am, having somewhat come out on the far side of said event thankful in some way or form. Therefore, I get where you are coming from, I am starting to think that not all sports people are "dicks." Sorry for the crude language, only that is what I have been conditioned to believe or from personal experience.

As for kissing someone's feet, I agree I think I went too far, I don't deem I would smooch someone's rotten, stinky feet, not even for a million dollars. Although there are things I wish I could fix with a million dollars, a friend would be one of them. Ironically, I know that friends cannot be bought with money… except it always seems like the general premise when you have it, and the illusion of being accepted is comforting when you have capital, but not fulfilling.

I never stated that you didn't put in work to better yourself. I am passionate about specific hobbies too. I don't have the heart to do them anymore, and well with that, there is a certain extent to what I'll do considering I find it hard to fit in. I reckon we feel the same about school and recreational life. It is something that you do naturally without second guessing without you doing it. I figure now that you mention it, I could try and improve my ability around people. I am not the most prominent people person, not anymore, anyway. It's not that I hate people or anything, it's just that I find people tend to judge me rather quickly, and I don't like that. I have been sentenced all my life, though I reckon it's nothing compared to what they are presumably pondering now. Anyway, I don't want to get into a sob story, so I'll continue forward.

I like people who are different, I don't think I'd settle for mediocrity, there is much more on offer from the local cashier down in Walmart alone, than just to confine yourself to that one person. I wouldn't say I'm naturally the funniest person in the world, however, if you like it, I'll sure keep it up because I'm not putting on an act.

Even if I may be able to bend spoons, it is not my only psychic ability. I also may be hiding in plain sight. The next time you see another dude with a bagel with a hole in the middle of it, who appears to be probing it, run the other way, that's our signal telling you that we are aliens. I assume I do sound a little sci-fiy, I guess I'm a little into the 1980s flicks; thus, I think it's nothing new to talk about.

Yeah, it's all right, good to know that you don't do it just for the sake of doing it. Many people do it in our peer group, to sound superior, or more or less hyped. In all honesty, I think my mother would actually applaud me for using some foul language because it's not every day I'd use such vocabulary. It's funny to imagine that I would probably get away with it if I went off on a tangent with lousy language once or twice, but probably not any more than that. Oh, and I understand how you mean that you add emphasis to everything using a particular word. If it's a long-ass road, it's a long-ass road.

I wouldn't be one to defy technology, because that would be going against my roll considering I'm a geek of sorts. Technology is sort of my mojo, so why would I say it is downright unnerving. Sure, it is a little freaky to notice that some kids are using software more excessively these days, and I think parents should be a bit more conservative about how their children use said devices. I know when I was growing up, my mother probably wouldn't have allowed me to use a computer to the quantity young kids use electronics today. You said that you are naturally a physical person so instead of watching your brother sit, playing on an iPad, which you have stated is sad to see, why don't you do what typically comes to you and take him out and pass some ball or something. I know it's not my place to dictate, but it just seems like the natural thing to do considering, if I were any good at that, and I had a brother that's what I'd do.

John Carpenter is a legend of course, but I don't believe he is the best horror director ever. He is up there with Wes Craven, George A. Romero, Tobe Hooper, and Alfred Hitchcock. In case you don't know who, Alfred Hitchcock is, he's that guy who created all those sick films in the 1950s about birds that have nothing better to do other than perch highly on children's climbing frames and shit. Or: a lunatic who dresses up in his mother's clothes, spies on women before eventually stabbing them to death in the shower dressed as his dear old mother. The best saved for last has to be Rear Window, there is something creepier about the dude next door who is spying on you using a telephoto lens. If the act of murder is not grotesque enough, spying on someone without their knowledge is presumably even creepier than the killing itself. Anyway, I think I've gone on a bit too long about movies, so I don't want to bore you. Moving on. I don't believe John Carpenter is the best director of horror. Though the genre has died somewhat in the last couple of years, I can finally say I have some faith in the genre being revived by a newbie director called James Wan. Horror can never be solely one person, it is a group effort.

Hey, the cop things' behind us don't worry about it, although considering your pondering partner material, it's good to notice that you didn't scribble it out and changed your mind abruptly.

Well, in the traditional sense, at least 90% of all jocks are high up on the popularity chain. You probably have more friends alone this year of high school, than I have ever had in my entire life. I'm not saying in any way that you are a traditional jock. I'm just saying that in general, it seems to be the case. People who consider themselves energetic and sporty, typically have more friends than the average person who might be a bit of a loner. Make friends all you want, the more, the merrier, if it pleases you then head in that direction. Just I know it's weird, but don't forget about me if you become big all of a sudden. I know it's a little odd considering we've only met, but it seems like I enjoy talking with you.

I hope you are feeling better, a lot of guys around our age don't seem to be able to take no for an answer. A lot of people believe since we are young that we are the healthiest and have no mental, physical, or any other extremities. The truth in it all is that you should take care of yourself no matter what and if anybody pushes you in a direction that you don't wish to go, you should take a step back. It sounds like you suffer from chronic fatigue or something. Usually, you have to take supplements or something in order to make it through the day, but ironically most Americans from what I've researched over the coming years, supplement it using coffee. Plus, you have no idea what it means to live up to other people's expectations. If you understand it, then I guess both of us have something in common. I don't correctly tick all the boxes for people my age, not anymore. Sigh…

I love your philosophy about music, it is right, a matter of fact, a small minority will only understand what it truly means. Just like a small minority of scientists who will only ever know what we are, no much more or less than what it is we can convey or do.

I highly doubt I was the kid in your music class playing the clarinet. Usually, people tend to miss me so if you are pretty popular in music class playing the piano which most pianists are, considering it is a significant instrument and is under their possession, I don't think someone in your position would've even noticed me. Then again in the odd notion, you did see me, then I thank you for regarding me if it was indeed in fact me. May I ask what grade you are in so that I can help distinguish whether it truly was me in your class or not. Finding how we are on the topic of music, what musician breaks you and fulfills you?

I believe that is all I have to say today. I have also probably been a bit short and rough, I hope you don't hold it against me. Till next time.

 

From,

Sherlock

More to come, stick around. Comments are welcome :)
My Website - www.dk-daniels.com
Lastly, feedback is crucial, I love hearing from you guys so don’t be afraid to drop an email.danny2017writing@outlook.com
Check out my Patreon for early access to chapters and exclusives. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and whatnot for updates. 
A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, Ozzy,
Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The layers that build the picture are interesting. I think this will be one of those  to rereead after completeion to see the changes happen and characters evolve. At the moment there is a fog around them clarified piece by piece.

Thanks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Canuk said:

The layers that build the picture are interesting. I think this will be one of those  to rereead after completeion to see the changes happen and characters evolve. At the moment there is a fog around them clarified piece by piece.

Thanks.

I am glad that you are thinking long-term, that the solution may be that the story could be a reread to catch any missed hints along the way. I would like to note that this has actually been the case I have dropped subtle hints for both characters along the way, and I hope they are more evident by the time you reach the end of the story. If people choose to reread the story, hopefully, they will see what I was referring to when I wrote said hint when he reached the conclusion. Thank you typing out a comment and reading my newest chapter, I'm glad that you decided to stick around.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The thing I notice is two people becoming friends. There is always posturing. You throw out little tid bits of information and opinion and see how it comes back. It is like throwing a rock out into a still lake. How big is the splash and how large are the ripples. They have been tossing back and forth popularity and jocks. I see them settling in on a middle ground, a place they can both exist.  That’s life. You have to be yourself and be true to yourself. The only person you have to live with your whole life is you. Everyone else have the potential to come and go.  If you present the real you, not the perceived view, you think others want to see. If someone likes the real you then they don’t have to be taken back when the perceived you erodes away and the real you comes out.  I feel the two boys are coming around to being who they really are. The number of “friends” we have is not important. The quality of our friends is the important factor.  That quality is created in truth and honesty. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, OzLoGo said:

The thing I notice is two people becoming friends. There is always posturing. You throw out little tid bits of information and opinion and see how it comes back. It is like throwing a rock out into a still lake. How big is the splash and how large are the ripples. They have been tossing back and forth popularity and jocks. I see them settling in on a middle ground, a place they can both exist.  That’s life. You have to be yourself and be true to yourself. The only person you have to live with your whole life is you. Everyone else have the potential to come and go.  If you present the real you, not the perceived view, you think others want to see. If someone likes the real you then they don’t have to be taken back when the perceived you erodes away and the real you comes out.  I feel the two boys are coming around to being who they really are. The number of “friends” we have is not important. The quality of our friends is the important factor.  That quality is created in truth and honesty. 

Yes, I wanted the two boys friendship to naturally occur over the course of the letters. I reckon that is most natural considering most people will introit little bits of information while trying to answer the previous discussion in the letter beforehand. Although my letters may be quite jampacked with discussion on the previous letter there is subtle hints about what is going on in the present and also contents that will relate to a future chapter in conclusion. I'm not sure what it's like in American schools with popularity, but with the actual presentation of who you are you can't exactly hide it. If you have a group of people floating around you: you are naturally conceived as being popular. Whereas, if you're a bit of a loner like your quiet then you considered a bit weird. I guess I was one of the quiet kids growing up but it wasn't always like that. I have experienced both sides of the equation; from being pretty popular, and also being myself. Naturally, I like being in a cocoon sort of deal I suppose that is where part of the character Sherlock came from. I know a lot of kid’s struggle being able to be true to yourself, and I believe this is something that every person has gone through at one point in time, especially the gay community. It's always the other way around when you're popular sometimes you just want a bigger space for yourself, well when you're lonely you want to aspire to be noticed. Initially, I wanted to showcase a little bit of that but not only that. As you have said the number of friends is not important, having one or two good true friends is a lot better than her crowd full of wasters. For me to do and honesty is a big thing but nothing compares to time. It is the only thing that we can expect to receive that is expendable and is not renewable. Truth and honesty can be repaired, time cannot.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/11/2018 at 9:07 PM, Parker Owens said:

Sherlock is definitely going deeper. I am enjoying how their friendship is growing incrementally, imperceptibly. 

Glad you approve :) I decided since Sherlock is a fitting name for an intelligent character, it would be a shame to not use the idea of concerning philosophies. I wanted every letter to unravel a new layer of an onion almost. It's deeper until we have to friends, who start to talk freely about people they know in school. I have some plot twist in mind too; I'm just itching to get to them :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Makes me wonder if the pen-pal could end up being the person (or one of the persons) behind the event that made his mom tell him to scream and rant.  🤔

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..