Jump to content
    Fantasyboy69
  • Author
  • 4,053 Words
  • 5,997 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Starcutter - 16. Chapter 16

Negative kill,” came over the com once again. It was impossible to catch that thing, the pilots thought. Not only was it far more advanced than their jets, the pilot was something special.

“I think we're making them feel bad, Ryle,” said Gabe as he brought down another of the jets from the Starcutter. They were out doing some maneuvers, and so far, Gabe and Ryle were undefeated. The newly dubbed Cana's Star was something totally different and they could not even hope to beat it.

“It's better than actually killing them.”

“True.” Gabe flipped open his com. “All units, thanks for the practice. Without you guys, I would be a far worse shot. Keeping up with your skills is hard.”

Don't humor us, kid.

“Fine. Y'all need some lessons. Can't even bring down one simple jet.” Gabe heard Ryle chuckling as he flipped off the com. “Ready for them to really gun for us?”

“Yup.” Ryle flipped the Star over and flew right between two jets as they were trying to reform ranks. “Stop using formations against a single jet! Sheesh, have I taught them nothing?” Ryle had been helping them with some more advanced stuff, pushing the pilots to their limits as the human body could not withstand the same abuse a Canari body could. The duo watched and shook their heads as they formed a standard attack pattern. They had defeated the same pattern five times already. That was when the formation broke up, and a lone jet was there. They had little time to react, Ryle doing something his body could never describe with words, and narrowly avoided the killing shot. “Oh ho! Finally, they're thinking! Who is the pilot? And what jet is that?”

They had never seen this jet before. It was not one of the Starcutter's jets. It was sleek, seamless, and almost seemed ethereal. “Ryle, run for it. Stay out of range of its guns.”

Ryle nodded and started to do some very fancy flying. “He's not on our sensors. How is that possible?”

“That ship doesn't exist in normal space.” When Gabe said this, the ship that had been following them was suddenly in front of them. Gabe got off one shot before Ryle was able to get them out of the way of a volley of blasts from the foreign ship's weaponry.

“Speak sense, Gabriel.”

“It's the Cook.”

Ryle felt something grip his guts, and he started to fly with the purpose of not getting hit. No longer trying to kill the ship that would not be in their dimensional space, he simply ran for it at top speed. This was an opponent worth fighting and running from. Think, Ryle... he chided himself. How could he stay ahead of something that didn't exist until the moment of attack? He couldn't. There was no way.

“Ryle, I'm picking up large deposits of ore on the planet ahead. We can hide on the surface.”

“I can't go there. It's marked as a protected planet. Too low tech to go to.”

“This is a simulation. Would you care about that if we were seriously being hunted?” Put that way, he changed heading and dove for the planetary surface, making sure to keep out of sight as much as he could.

Starcutter to Cana's Star, you are heading into a restricted area.

“Copy that, Starcutter. This is a sim of a real situation. We're going into orbit around the nearest moon. Ask the Cook how long he would normally stay in orbit and pursuit, and we'll break off.”

Gabe, the Cook is still aboard.

Shit. “Then we got one of his people following us and keeping us running away from the Starcutter. Ryle, get back to the ship now.” Gabe realized they were in deep shit right now. That wasn't the Cook. Not at all.

“I can't. Captain, I have to land her or risk being taken.” Ryle was cutting into the atmosphere as he said it, the foreign ship halting in orbit.

Copy. I'll send a dispatch to the authorities stating the necessity of breaking the ban.

This was not good. Ryle stayed as high as he could above the clouds, seeing the settlements of the inhabitants below. “There. I'm going to land on the other side of those mountains.” Gabe nodded. The Cana realized he was really cutting it close when he flew over a mine or ten, but he had to land. The forest below had enough coverage to hide them from above.

Once grounded, Gabe and Ryle spent little time in hiding the jet and then making a small dwelling in the trees. Gabe wore the earpiece to stay in contact with the Starcutter, but they knew it could be a few hours until they heard back. Night fell, and Gabe had not heard from the ship. When morning on the planet came, they radioed in and found out they had to stay hidden for a week before the authorities could come extract them and chase down the ship that herded them here.

 

* * *

 

The week went by quickly with no reported problems. When Gabe and Ryle got the all clear, they took off and were back in space before anyone in the mines could spot them or even come looking for them. When they docked, a representative of the Planetary Alliance was there, and a more stern face Gabe had never seen. With the amount of stripes and bars and medals and gray hairs, this guy was a really high rank. The Captain was there as well and not looking all that happy.

“Give me one reason why I should not haul the two of you in, scrap that jet, and charge you in violation of the laws concerning low tech planets?”

Gabe and Ryle looked at each other and shrugged. “There isn't one. We were en route to the planet during a simulation and were going to orbit the moon to simulate a landing for a real threat. That was when we found out it was a real threat, and we were forced to evade the alien ship. We had zero reported contacts with the natives.” Gabe was straight faced and neutral. “Has the threat been assessed and investigated?”

The man gritted his teeth. “It has been validated, and an investigation is underway. I am going to be keeping an eye on you two. I don't care who you are, you are now on my radar as trouble. Captain, have my ship readied. I leave in one hour.”

“Yes, Admiral.” When the Admiral went marching off, the Captain shook his head. “He has always hated me.”

“Who is he?” Ryle asked.

“Admiral Tyler. He taught me when I was a cadet, hated me then. Hated me more when I dropped out and became a privateer. It then grew to general loathing when I was successful, and then acute loathing when I slept with his granddaughter.”

Gabe's facade of cool fell away, and he laughed. “Father, whatever shall I do with you?”

The Captain snorted and grinned back. “I'm used to him hating me. Now, if he starts hating you because you're my son, then we shall have it out. You have not wronged him in any way, and the potential charges were dropped when the ship that grounded you was found abandoned in the rings around the next planet.” They shared a glance. Abandoned? Who in their right mind would abandon one of those ships? Obviously not a native. That meant the ship was stolen for this purpose, but what was the purpose? “Now, onto something a bit more pleasant. I have been doing some hunting around while I was waiting for you to come home.

“I have tracked down each of your former masters. From all accounts, the one Gabe leveled was the worst.” Ryle nodded. He hated to think about what he had gone through. “The others, while being hard to deal with or even cruel, were not outside the law. In that, you would be punished if you ever sought retribution.”

“Thank you, Captain. I simply wish to move past it all.”

“Good. Then you won't mind that I have sent word out to my contacts that they are blacklisted from the shipping lanes.” The Captain delivered the words in a nonchalant way. “Also, with the medical examinations done on you and forty other slaves, the person who took your wings is being tried in the Canari courts. He faces the Daat Foo'Al.”

“The Long Step Down?” Gabe asked. He had been studying the Canari language as best as he could, understanding more than he could speak by far.

“It's...wow.” Ryle almost wanted to watch it. “It's a death sentence. His flight feathers would be cut, and he would be forced to walk off a two mile high cliff. If he survived, he would be welcomed back into society. If he died, obviously he was guilty.”

“Ah. That is a long step down. How many have survived?”

“Four. All of them were found innocent in further investigations and those who made the walk didn't survive.” Ryle still could not get over the fact that the man who tormented him the most was going to be charged.

“Huh. Well, rather than standing here, I want a meal and a shower. And a shave, this thing is itchy as hell.” Gabe scratched at his beard.

“You have the rest of the day to yourselves. Please use it in relaxation.” The Captain knew what those two would be doing. They smiled innocently and went chasing after each other to their quarters. The Captain was smiling. He was happy to have his son safe and that Ryle was part of his...their lives. He cared little about the men whose financial lives were going to be over. He thought even less about how he had ruined them so they could not hurt another slave, hurt another person, in their pursuit of fortunes.

Captain to the supply bay.” Meg's voice sounded a bit tense.

The Captain made his way there and found her looking happy but ill. “You called?”

“How are the boys?”

“They're fine. No worse for their time in the woods. How are you? You look like hell.” He knew it was not the best choice of words, but he also knew that Meg would prefer honesty.

“Yeah, well, it's all your fault.” She was grinning as she laid her hand over her stomach area.

At first he was confused, but she liked the slow grin that took in his face. “You're... we're... I'm...Are you sure?”

“Yes. Very sure.” He scooped her up and kissed her soundly, not caring that she had probably just vomited. She melted into his arms, glad to see he wasn't upset. “I take it this is a good thing?”

“Yes. Very.” He was going to be a father again! This time...this time he would have a chance to be a father. “Will you be wanting a ring now or later?”

She laughed and punched his shoulder as he set her down.. “Who said we had to be married? I don't care what people will say. And by Common Law, we have been married for a half a decade anyway.” That was true. That had been living together for fifteen years now. Under the eyes of the law, they were married. “Now, if you wanted to get me a ring, and make a real lady and wife out of me, it had better include a sapphire, an emerald, and two diamonds.”

“Okay. Why those?”

“Your birthstone, my birthstone, and the babies are due in April.” He pulled her against him, holding her close.

“Wait...babies?”

“Twins. Honey? Are you...Medical Team to supply, stat!” The Captain had fainted.

 

* * *

 

The news of the twins spread like wildfire. The news that the Captain had fainted was kept very secret. Gabe and Ryle were cuddling sitting on the observation deck when they were told. No one on the ship cared that they were in love with each other. Some even found it nice. Few commented on it and simply let them be.

“There you are,” said Meg as she came up.

Gabe smiled over at her and then got up quickly. “Meg, you look like hell.”

She laughed. “You father said the same thing. I have talked it over with him and I wanted to know if the two of you would like to have a child to raise? I mean, technically they're your little siblings, Gabey, but seeing as...Not you too!” Gabe was suddenly laying on the floor. “God! The men in this family.”

Ryle was at Gabe's side quickly. He knelt and held his head. The look on his face was something akin to wonder, worry, and a quirky grin. “So you're pregnant.” Meg nodded. “With twins?”

She nodded again. “And you want to know if we want a child to raise since we can't procreate on our own?”

“See, Ryle? This is why I like you. You're so calm about this.”

“It is a natural occurrence. What is there to faint about?” She could see he was totally bluffing. He was just as shocked as Gabe had been. “Still...I will have to talk it over with Gabriel once he wakes up.”

Meg produced a flask of water and dumped it on Gabe, who sputtered back to consciousness. “There. As I was saying, Gabe you're going to be a big brother. What your father and I want to know is if you want to help raise one as your own.”

“How long until you spawn?” Ryle laughed and poked him with his knuckle.

“April.”

“Can we tell you around January?” Gabe got to his feet shakily. “And you could have done that far bet...wait...how did the Captain take the news?”

“He fainted, much like you did.”

The smile on Gabe's face was evil. “Can we keep me fainting a secret so I can tease him about him fainting?”

Meg mimed locking her mouth closed and throwing away the key. “My lips are sealed.” The three shared a laugh. “Seriously, Gabey. You two would make amazing parents, even as young as you are. Look how well you've raised your father?” Gabe rolled his eyes. “If you say no, I know you will still be a wonderful big brother and help me out when I'm hip deep in diapers and baby shit.”

“Right. About that.” He pointed out the viewing window. “Look at those stars. So bright from out here. HEY! Ryle, yes I'm going to help her, sheesh! No need to try and jab you claw through my soul.”

“I...” Ryle shut up when Gabe picked him up and kissed him.

“I wonder if I went to mush like that when the Captain kissed me like that?” That broke the kissing spell and they laughed. “I...”

Meg stopped talking when the Starcutter lurched sideways. “The hell was that?”

Captain to the bridge! All hands to battle stations! This is not a drill.” Someone was attacking the Starcutter!

The boys left at a run for the Star, dodging around crew as they ran to their own stations. It was organized chaos when they got to the bay as pilots scrambled to get dressed. “Who would be stupid enough to attack us?”

“That,” said another pilot, pointing out the large battleship they could just see through the hangar doors. It was at least as powerful as the Starcutter and already had its jets scrambled.

“Another privateer? Dumbasses don't know what they're up against. Marines, to your mechs!” Captain Jer Keel barked out his order as Gabe and Ryle got into their jet. “Hey, Tweetie, care to give a Marine a lift out?”

“I got room for two, Captain,” Ryle replied.

“Tweetie?” Gabe asked.

“A small bird who has a lot of attitude from Earth.” Gabe nodded and just strapped in. The Cana's Star picked up two mechs and went out, followed by other mechs who were jettisoned out with the slingshot. The mechs were too small to target and were packing some serious firepower for such a small target. They would keep the jets from getting in some free shots as they launched. “Captain, we can probably get you to the main ship.” The mechs that survived were to engage the ship head on and board her.

Copy that. How many can you take?

“Only four. I need to maneuver.” Ryle kept the landing legs out and back, four Marines latching on. “Jets, ETA?”

Thirty seconds to full deployment.” Not too bad. Over a hundred jets ready to go within two minutes, half of them off duty. “Plan, Ryle?

“Marine Bomb.” The plan was to pick up some Marines and get them to the enemy as fast as they could and then join the fight. “Starcutter, is the Captain on the bridge?”

I'm here, Ryle. Shields are ready and full defenses are online. Go get them and show them what they're messing with.

“Copy. Over and out.” Ryle waited for the jets to form up with two Marines on their wings. Ryle went forward swiftly, far faster than the enemy ships were ready for. “Gabe, light them up!”

“Yessir!” he responded with a smile. Gabe opened up the twin lasers, the standard weapon, but the sneaky weapons, the feather bombs, were routed to Ryle's station. “FeB's are yours, love.”

“Got it.” Ryle flipped into a corkscrew faster than the enemy could account for and sent the twenty missiles under the wings at twenty different ships. They were guided by Ryle's eyes, a sensor tracking where his pupils were looking. Each missile found their mark, which created a lovely hole for the jets to go through. “Hole is made. Proceed to the main ship.” He got a few confirmations.

The enemy battleship was ready though. Their own defense guns were formidable, and a dozen jets were blown up before they could drop their load off. It was utter chaos, but Gabe could feel Ryle was in the zone. He was dodging lasers from multiple angles and even picked up two stray Marines on his way to the ship.

A broadcast signal went out to all radios in the area. “This is Admiral Malcolm Tyler of the Planetary Defense. You will cease your attack on the Starcutter at once.” That alone would not be much to deter most privateers, but when the Admiral's Flagship was pulling out of hyperspace, its main Lance Cannon hot and ready, one tends to give pause. That pause was all the time Ryle needed, and he used it. He slipped past their guns and dropped off the Marines.

Their ultimate response was to fire on the flagship as well. “Admiral, permission to use lethal force?” asked the Captain.

“Granted. Ready the Lance.” The Admiral would not use it unless he had to. Too many lives would be lost, ones who may not be responsible for this attack. “You have one minute to surrender or I will open fire.”

“You have ten seconds to hold your breath before I rip open your fucking hull. Fire the Cutter.” The Captain was not playing around. The reason the Starcutter got its name was the famed Star Cutter, a laser with a beam dense enough to cause a star to go nova by disrupting the energy within. To a simple ship, it would rip them open. “Fire in three...two...”

“Captain, the enemy ships have powered down all weapons.”

“Good. Smart man. Hail them and offer the usual conditions of surrender.” The Captain opened a channel to his troops. “All hands yellow alert status. Marines, head back in.”

“Beggin' the Captain's pardon, but we got six boys on their hull they don't know about.” The First mate had the location of all their troops on his screen.

“Good. Keep them there until this is settled. Might be nice to have them in case of a double cross.”

There was no double cross. The captain of the enemy ship agreed to all the terms of surrender without a qualm. When he was seated across the table on the flagship from the Captain, he was asked why he attacked. The flagship was chosen as it was neutral ground and hadn't fired upon either ship. “I was hired to cripple your ship and crew. I know it was a suicide mission, but when the owner of the ship says you do it, you do it.”

The Captain nodded. He owned the Starcutter, so he didn't need to worry about that. “And your employer's name?”

“Alder Corp.”

The Captain wondered what they were doing coming after him. He had no beef with the Alder Corp. In fact, he was an independent contractor with them at times. “Why?”

“Don't know. You tell me who you pissed off recently.”

“Ah. I see. Gabriel, please check into the share holders in Alder Corp.”

“Aye, sir.” Gabe was there as the Captain's assistant, and he was learning firsthand what surrender negotiations could be like. “Who shall I look for?”

“Formers.”

Gabe was about to ask former what, when he got the hint. He cross-referenced the names of all of Ryle's former masters against the share holders list. “All four. They hold the combined majority between them, but they would not have the clout at this point.” Gabe showed him the roster of share holders and pointed out one name in particular.

“Thank you.” The Captain turned back to the other. “Your ship is forfeit. You shall get her to Andromeda for refitting, and I don't care what you have to tell the owner.”

“But...”

“And then you will clear off your crew.” He simply talked over the beaten man.

“But...”

“And if you and your crew are not off my ship within two Terran days after docking at Andromeda, I shall have you arrested. I understand your dilemma. You don't own the ship, but under space and aeronautical law, the Captain is owner pro tem. Since you have agreed to the conditions of your surrender, which included relinquishing the title and ownership of your vessel, you must hold up your end of the deal.” The Captain leaned forward and steepled his fingers under his chin while he fixed the man with a steady look. “I would hate to have to bring in legal authorities in such a simple matter. What would happen to Alder Corp stocks when word got public that their employees were handling deals illegally?”

The man swallowed heavily and nodded. “You have made your point clear. The ship will be in dry dock within a week. I shall have an associate of mine handle the details at that end. Do you witness and ratify this meeting, Admiral?”

“I do witness and ratify. Now both of you get off my ship.” The now shipless captain beat feet very quickly. “You look like you have something to say.”

“I do.”

Gabe took a step back. “Shall I withdraw, Captain?”

“No, you're family, and this is a family matter.” Gabe was not very sure he did wanted to be here. It was like seeing a volcano facing off against a typhoon. No sense in being the village in between the two. “Your disdain for me is understandable. However, there are three things I wish to say. First is you're going to be a great-grandfather. Second is I have proposed. Third is you will not extend the animosity you feel for me to any of my children simply to spite me, or so help me, you shall not live out the year, you stubborn old man. In that, you have my word. Let them ruin their relationship with you in their own time.”

The Admiral's face was red from anger. Gabe could almost hear the “HOW DARE YOU!” raging inside his head. Was that steam coming out of his ears? “You are the most despicable excuse for a human I have ever met. If I find out that you are lying, I shall hang you from those things you call balls and take a bat to you.”

They shook on it.

“Gabe, we're leaving now. Say goodbye to your future great-grandfather.” Gabe left quickly.

Having a good editor means listening to suggestions you may not agree with when first hearing them, but craftingmom knows what she's doing. Thanks for being so gentle when suggesting your way is better, even though sometimes it takes a 2'x4' to the back of my head to get the point across.
Copyright © 2016 Fantasyboy69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 51
  • Love 6
  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Where to begin? Exciting chapter. Funny chapter. Like father like son: fainting. Twins!!! How sweet is that? :thumbup: So is Meg the Admiral's grand-daughter? Now Ain't that something. :funny: The four former masters had their ship attack Starcutter but was there another name on the list too? And when Craftingmom makes suggestions, don't wait for the 2x4 just say Yes Ma'am!! :lmao:

Link to comment

great stuff! twins!--sweet, happy for Meg and the Captain who is turning out to be a decent dad. I really like Meg, so I'm super happy for them.

As for the boys raising one of the babies...that is sweet too. I just wonder if it is a fair to the kids b/c they have a dangerous job even if they are in an awesome ship, etc.?

A small, aside, how do you decide which child to raise and which to give up? That is a tough one. I'd have to draw straws or I'd feel guilty choosing one over the other, I think. It was a cute that they both fainted. Hey, Gabe deserved to be ribbed more since he wasn't even the dad of the twins! The Captain being so happy was cute and did say something about how he's enjoyed getting to know Gabe and be a part of his life.

I'd love to get a bit more insight into their relationship. We haven't gotten to see a real inside view, more of seeing them deal with others than with each other alone, or at least it seems like that to me.

I look forward to the boys' decision. I'd like to see a bit more into Riley's feelings on these owners and why they'd do it. I was a bit surprised at the idea that they happened to be in league with one another. What were they business partners who decided to pass slaves around? Was Ryle that good that each wanted a turn? It seemed odd to me. And who is this other person on the list? Though the one owner has enough reason to be upset....He's not even Cana is he? and even if he is, I know from owning birds that without flights they can fall like a stone :)

the fight scene was very exciting. I had a bit of trouble, though it was probably just me, understanding a bit of what Riley was doing. I understand him helping make a hole to get other ships closer, but was he physically dropping off some men off on the ship? What was it about having them hold onto the landing gear or something? Anyway, aside from that exciting to see them kick some butt, though at least the Admiral protected the hated Captain or at least Meg!

The Admiral being Meg's grandfather was a funny and interesting twist. It seems a lot of the disdain is due to stubbornness as the Captain says. He treated his granddaughter well, it seems and she clearly loves him. Hope he comes around and gets to know Gabe and especially the babies who are his great-grandchildren.

More please, soon!!

P.S. It's nice to see you give credit to your editor. Editors and beta readers are oftentimes not acknowledged and they do volunteer time to help and work hard on it. I know, from beta-reading myself and doing a bit of editing, that it takes time and care to do it and finding time is sometimes hard in our busy lives. Even moreso, for those working on their own stories at the same time like crafting....so classy to give her credit like that.

Link to comment
On 01/09/2015 03:39 PM, LadyDe said:
Where to begin? Exciting chapter. Funny chapter. Like father like son: fainting. Twins!!! How sweet is that? :thumbup: So is Meg the Admiral's grand-daughter? Now Ain't that something. :funny: The four former masters had their ship attack Starcutter but was there another name on the list too? And when Craftingmom makes suggestions, don't wait for the 2x4 just say Yes Ma'am!! :lmao:
Most of the time I do just roll with it, but other I have to say nope. She's usually right in matters of grammar, syntax, and punctuation...but the characters sometimes don't fit that.
Link to comment
On 01/10/2015 12:51 AM, Cannd said:
great stuff! twins!--sweet, happy for Meg and the Captain who is turning out to be a decent dad. I really like Meg, so I'm super happy for them.

As for the boys raising one of the babies...that is sweet too. I just wonder if it is a fair to the kids b/c they have a dangerous job even if they are in an awesome ship, etc.?

A small, aside, how do you decide which child to raise and which to give up? That is a tough one. I'd have to draw straws or I'd feel guilty choosing one over the other, I think. It was a cute that they both fainted. Hey, Gabe deserved to be ribbed more since he wasn't even the dad of the twins! The Captain being so happy was cute and did say something about how he's enjoyed getting to know Gabe and be a part of his life.

I'd love to get a bit more insight into their relationship. We haven't gotten to see a real inside view, more of seeing them deal with others than with each other alone, or at least it seems like that to me.

I look forward to the boys' decision. I'd like to see a bit more into Riley's feelings on these owners and why they'd do it. I was a bit surprised at the idea that they happened to be in league with one another. What were they business partners who decided to pass slaves around? Was Ryle that good that each wanted a turn? It seemed odd to me. And who is this other person on the list? Though the one owner has enough reason to be upset....He's not even Cana is he? and even if he is, I know from owning birds that without flights they can fall like a stone :)

the fight scene was very exciting. I had a bit of trouble, though it was probably just me, understanding a bit of what Riley was doing. I understand him helping make a hole to get other ships closer, but was he physically dropping off some men off on the ship? What was it about having them hold onto the landing gear or something? Anyway, aside from that exciting to see them kick some butt, though at least the Admiral protected the hated Captain or at least Meg!

The Admiral being Meg's grandfather was a funny and interesting twist. It seems a lot of the disdain is due to stubbornness as the Captain says. He treated his granddaughter well, it seems and she clearly loves him. Hope he comes around and gets to know Gabe and especially the babies who are his great-grandchildren.

More please, soon!!

P.S. It's nice to see you give credit to your editor. Editors and beta readers are oftentimes not acknowledged and they do volunteer time to help and work hard on it. I know, from beta-reading myself and doing a bit of editing, that it takes time and care to do it and finding time is sometimes hard in our busy lives. Even moreso, for those working on their own stories at the same time like crafting....so classy to give her credit like that.

Let's see if I can clear some things up. I write late at night, so what makes sense in my head might not make sense on paper (that's why I love my editor). I doubt it will come into effect which child, if either, goes to Gabe and Ryle. I hadn't planned to carry the story out past a certain point. IF I do, it will be first born goes to the Captain and Meg, simple as that.

 

Withe The League of Asshole Owners, wait and see.

 

Yes, Ryle did physically carry the Marines over on the hull/landing gear of the Cana' Star

 

I'm glad you liked this little chapter and I'm surprised no one has yelled at me for how I end my chapters. It's shameless and evil, but I like it.

Link to comment

What a great story! It is nice to read something out of the ordinary every once in a while. I really like the twist with the twins and raising one of their own. Now they only need a Cana baby and everything will be alright. ;D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..