Jump to content
    FlyOnTheWall
  • Author
  • 4,736 Words
  • 6,337 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Preacher's Kid: High School - 4. Dropping Bombs

Yay! I was able to get another chapter done before my trip home. I think some of you might want to get some tissues ready! See? I warned you this time!
I totally loved writing this significant part of our boys' lives! I hope you enjoy it!

Whoah! I’m mean really—I have a boyfriend! I mean, not just any boyfriend. My boyfriend is the fucking quarterback of the Ardrey Kell High School Fighting Fucking Knights! If that isn’t one big “fuck you!” to every air-headed cheerleader, then I don’t know what is!

Okay, okay—not every cheerleader is an airhead, but most of them sure are! And you can be damned sure every one of them wants to bone my boyfriend! Ha! Ain’t gonna happen, bitches!

Dad took us out to a great dinner Friday night. We went to this fancy-ass restaurant called 131 Main. Mom and Dad had steaks, I had the pork chops, and Matty had crab cakes. The little twerp had chicken fingers with some mac and cheese. Our favorite thing on their menu is their peanut butter pie, so of course, we all had to have a piece!

Dad was pretty cool. He only asked Matty once about how he was feeling. He said he was fine, but I think the pain pills made him a little loopy—and tired. He looked good though, at least they didn’t cut his hair away to put in the stitches. He let his hair cover them so no one could see them unless they looked super close.

Dad thought—and Matty agreed—that we should all go to his house to get some of his shit and bring it over to our place.

I was afraid things would be kinda weird being around my parents now that Matty and I know how each other feels. I mean, we’re fucking boyfriends! Well, not fucking fucking—not yet, anyways.

I was kinda nervous about how we should act, and Matty told me to calm my shit down and just act like we always do. It’s not like we were gonna hold hands or kiss each other in front of them. Hell, we wouldn’t do that if we were with a girl, would we? Okay—so my boyfriend’s a hot quarterback and smart!

We got home around 8:30, and everyone decided to hang and watch a movie. Dad said he wanted to watch Boy Erased because he wanted to use it as part of his sermon the following week. Fuck! I wasn’t too sure, but I pretty much thought it was a movie about a gay kid whose dad was a preacher.

I looked at Matty, and he just smiled and said he had heard good things about the movie but wondered if it was something Nathan should watch. Mom looked at Dad with her signature what-were-you-thinking raised eyebrow. Dad looked back with a “who me?” look, and Mom shook her head and smirked.

“Nathan, why don’t you go upstairs and play some video games?”

“Really?”

“Yes, dear. Wouldn’t you rather do that than sit down here and watch a boring movie with us?”

“Heck yeah!” It didn’t take long for my little brat brother to zoom upstairs and close the door behind him.

I have to admit the movie was really good. There was more than one time when my throat got all blocked up, and I had some tears in my eyes. Mom just all-out bawled twice, and Dad just shook his head in disbelief. I mean, think about it—what parent in their right mind would send their kid to a place to fuck up his head to the point where he would think he might actually be straight?

When the movie ended, Dad reminded us that he left an entire denomination because of people like that. At that very moment, I don’t think I’ve ever been happier that he did that very thing. God only knows how I would have been treated if any of those asshats found out about Matty and me!

Mom lightened the mood a bit by telling us that she wanted Nicole Kidman to play her when they make the movie about our family. “Clay? Who would you like to play you?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Somebody a little more attractive than Russel Crowe. Hugh Jackman, maybe?”

Matty elbowed me and asked who would play me.

“Hmm. That’s a tough one. But I think Tom Holland would be perfect.”

“Spiderman?”

“Why not? Who would play you? Shawn Mendes?”

“Well, he’d be pretty good—but I think even better would be that dude who plays Archie on Riverdale—without the red hair.”

Mom started to laugh and mentioned that we picked two Aussies, a New Zealander, and a Brit to play a southern family from North Carolina.

I looked at Dad and asked him if there was anything from the movie he was going to use in his sermon. He thought for a few seconds and then answered, “Well, I’ve never been one to tell my congregation how to think, other than to be non-judgemental, of course. But this is such a huge problem in our country. I think it might be time to venture into the unconditional acceptance nature of things for a bit.”

“Dad, you’ve never given one of those sermons about gay people. Do you think it might be too much for some people?”

“No. The vast majority of our people are intelligent, forward-thinking folks. It’s not like I’m going to do an entire sermon on the subject, but if I’m going to talk about acceptance, then I think a part of the sermon might need to be about acceptance of everyone, including gays—and immigrants—and Muslims.”

“And what about you, Mr. H? How do you feel about gays?”

What the fuck? I couldn’t believe Matty was even going anywhere close to that subject! This was not going to be good at all. I’m gonna fucking kill him—after we have sex.

Matty saw the look in my eyes and smirked as he shrugged his shoulders.

“That’s a good question, Matthew. People are people are people are people. It doesn’t matter to me—or God, for that matter—who a person falls in love with. Because, when you think about it, if the love someone has for another person is true and honest, there’s no control over that. If you’ve ever heard the saying ‘you can’t help who you fall in love with,’ then you understand where I’m coming from.”

“Cool. How about you, Mrs. H?”

“Well, Matthew. I guess I would say it this way. If any of my children turned out to be gay, I would love them no less than I ever have. In fact, I would probably try my best to love them a little bit more—just to make up for some of the hate the rest of the world might try to send their way.”

I looked at Matty, and what I saw broke my heart. He was trying so hard not to cry, but the tears were flowing down his face.

“Matthew, dear? What’s wrong?”

“Son? Are you okay? Is there something you need to talk about?”

“It’s just—it’s just that—I—I wish you were my parents sometimes.” Matty fell into my shoulder and covered his face. In a muffled voice, he added, “Dad accused me of some pretty serious shi—stuff when he beat me up last night.”

“I know, Son. He mentioned that when I went over this morning. We got into a pretty heated argument. That’s one reason I decided I needed to focus on acceptance for a sermon—in case others in my congregation feel that way—about their own flesh and blood, no less.”

I couldn’t believe what happened next. In fact, the next ten minutes are still a blur in my mind. In a voice muffled by my shirt so that it could barely be heard, Matty said four words that would change my life—well, our lives—forever. “He’s right, ya know.”

“What was that? I couldn’t hear you.”

All I could do was look at Matty with wide eyes. I couldn’t believe he was doing this with my parents! He lifted his head and looked at Dad. “He’s right. I’m gay—and I probably deserved the beating I got. All I ever do is disappoint him.”

Dad got up from his chair and walked over to the sofa, sitting next to Matty. He pulled Matty from my shoulder and took him in his arms.

“No, no, no, no! Don’t you ever think you deserved to be treated the way your father treated you! You are a remarkable young man, Matthew Jordan. You are a remarkable young man who deserves to be loved and cherished by everyone in your life. I’ve known your dad since long before you were born. I know that the things he said to you recently are not from his heart. In fact, I’m pretty darned certain that every hateful word came from the bottles of alcohol he’s been drinking.

“You’re like a son to me and Mrs. H., Matthew. You’re like a brother to Eddie. I want you to know—deep in your own heart—that you are loved cherished in this house. Loved and cherished unconditionally—the same way Mags and I love each of our kids.”

I nearly lost it right then. Matty just sobbed into Dad’s arms, and Mom had her mom look going while she dabbed her eyes with the tissue she used during the movie.

While he was holding Matty, Dad gave me this weird look—almost like he was waiting for me to tell him I was gay, too. Oh, hell-the-fuck no! I wasn’t ready for that! I just told Matty and was still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing for myself. No, Dad wasn’t hearing it from me—at least not yet!

It took a while, but Matty finally stopped crying. He looked up at Mom and said, “I’m sorry. I just ruined movie night for you guys.”

“Not at all, Matthew. You’re a part of our family—and have been since the day you were born. I’m glad you feel comfortable enough to share that with us. I’m sure it’s been weighing you down for a while. Like I said earlier, now I get to love you even more.”

“I’d like that, Mrs. H. I’d like that a lot. I just don’t want y’all not to like me anymore.”

Dad surprised the fuck outta me with what he said to that! “Matthew, do you understand what I meant when I said that we love and cherish you unconditionally?”

“I think so.”

“It’s pretty simple, really —and I don’t want you ever to forget this—we love you. Period. We love you for who you are. Who you might love has absolutely nothing to do with our feelings for you. You’re an amazing, successful, loving boy—and we love everything about you. And I have a very strong feeling that when all this settles down, your father will find all those things again and love you more than he ever thought possible.”

“I wish I believed that, Mr. H. Maybe someday I’ll figure out how, but right now—"

“That’s understandable. And you take all the time you need to get your feelings for your father where you want them. And you should know that Eddie, Mrs. H., and I are all here to help you with that.” Matty hugged my dad again and thanked him for everything. “Now—how about we go over and get your stuff?”

Whew! Somehow, I feel like I escaped some giant bomb. I mean, the whole time Matty was talking to Mom and Dad, she kept looking at me and smiling. What the fuck did that mean? Does she think she knows something? How could she know something I’ve just figured out for myself not so long ago? Weird. Just. Fucking. Weird.

We got over to the Jordan’s house, and I couldn’t believe it! The place was trashed. There were beer bottles all over the living room. They were all mixed in with liquor bottles—most of them empty.

Matty was pretty embarrassed by what we saw. “I’m sorry the place is such a wreck. I pretty much stayed in my room when I was here so I could avoid him. I’m just ashamed.”

Dad to the rescue again! “Son, neither of us thinks you are responsible for the condition of the house. Don’t worry about it. Let’s go to your room and get your things so we can get back home.”

When we got into Matty’s room, it was in much better shape—well, except for a couple of bloodstains on the carpet. That fucking bastard! I still can’t believe he did that to his own fucking kid!

Dad asked Matty if he had a suitcase to pack his stuff in, and Matty pulled a couple out of his closet. Dad told Matty to put whatever he wanted to take onto the bed while he packed the bags.

Matty suggested using the smaller one for dirty clothes. He told us he hadn’t had a chance to do laundry, and the stuff he wore most was dirty. I told him I did my laundry Saturday mornings, and I’d just throw his shit in with mine. Just saying that made me smile since it sounded like a total “couple” thing to do! Cool, huh?

It didn’t take long for us to get Matty packed up. Dad and I each took a suitcase while Matty grabbed his backpack. As we walked through the living room, Matty said he should come over tomorrow and clean the house. Again—props to Dad! He told Matty that he had a crew coming in tomorrow to clean the house from top to bottom.

“I should come over so I can help them at least know where to put stuff. I don’t know—maybe it will help me close the door on a pretty rotten chapter in my life.”

“When you put it that way, it sounds like a good idea. Maybe Eddie can come over with you and keep you company.”

I explained that Saturday was Dad’s golf day. “And if I come over here with you tomorrow, that’ll give Mom some time with the brat. He’ll like that.”

“Eddie. I do wish you would stop referring to your little brother as ‘the brat.’ He does have a name, you know. Sometimes I wonder why Nathan looks up to you like he does.”

“Sorry, Dad. It’s a brother thing. I mean—c’mon—what did you call Uncle Jacob when he was twelve?” Dad sighed. He knew I had him on this because Uncle Jacob told me himself.

“Okay, okay. You got me. Just try to be better, okay?”

Now Matty had to know. “What did you call him, Mr. H.?”

I started to grin and giggle—it’s not often I get even a slight burn on Dad! “He called him ‘pipsqueak’ when he wasn’t calling him ‘squirt.’”

“That’s not so bad!”

“Dude, that’s just old people talk for ‘brat.’ Right, Dad?”

“Okay. You got me—you little brat!”

We all laughed as Dad led us back to the house. We took Matty’s shit upstairs, and Dad smiled at me. “You know, Eddie. I do look forward to the day when you love Nathan as much as I love Jacob.”

“I love Nathan, Dad—at least half the time, anyways.” I smirked back at Dad, and he took me in his arms, kissing me on top of my head.

“And I love you, my little juvenile delinquent!” Dad walked over to Matty and wrapped him in his arms. “Matthew, I’m so glad you’re with us right now. Maybe you can teach some honor and decency to my son—or at least let a little of your fine, upstanding character rub off on him!”

“Jeez, Dad! I mean, really?”

“Did I lay it on a little too thick?”

I looked at Dad hugging Matty and rolled my eyes. “I’ll say!”

We had another good laugh, and Dad walked to the door. “I’ll leave you boys to unpacking and getting Matthew settled in. I’ll probably be gone to the golf course by the time you wake up in the morning. Matty, the cleaning crew is scheduled to arrive at 10:00 in case you want to be there when they start.”

“Thanks, Mr. H. And I mean for everything. Do you realize we were laughing tonight? I really do miss that part of my life.”

“Matthew, get ready for a lot more laughs—and even more love. We’re so happy you’re here with us now.” And with that, Dad—or another alien pretending to be him—walked out of my room and down the stairs.

Just to make sure, I stuck my ear to the door to make sure Dad went back downstairs. I turned around and smiled at Matty. “Dude, if I can’t kiss you right now, I might just fucking explode!”

“Great minds think alike, Eddie!” Matty opened his arms to me, and I walked over to him.

I pressed my body into Matty’s, and fuck! My boyfriend was already hard as a rock! We kissed a bit and pulled back, laid my hand on his cock, and whispered into his ear, “Tonight—I want to touch without anything in the way.”

That’s when Matty grabbed my hard cock and whispered back, “Tonight—my boyfriend is gonna get his first blowjob.”

Holy shit! I almost nutted right then! I kissed him again and suggested we get his shit put away so we could get to bed as soon as possible.

Just as we were finishing up with getting Matty settled, there was a knock on the door. I opened it, and there was Mom with a tray of hot chocolate. “I hope you boys don’t mind, but it just seemed like a night where a cup of homemade hot cocoa would be the perfect nightcap!”

Matty smiled from ear to ear. “Sweet!”

Matty and I sat beside each other on the bed while Mom pulled up my desk chair and faced us.

Nothing was said for a while—we just sipped our cocoa and commented on how good it was. Of course, it was too good to be true. Mom had to drop a nuclear bomb in the middle of everything!

“Matthew, I want to say how very proud I am that you were able to overcome your doubts and your fears and tell us what was probably your deepest and darkest secret. I’m so proud of your courage!”

“It was hard, Mrs. H., but I had to say something to somebody cuz it was eating me up inside. I just felt like you deserved to know the real reason why Dad beat me up like that.”

“Thank goodness that’s a thing of the past, now.”

Do you see the mushroom cloud forming? This was the very moment my world was wiped off the face of the earth.

“Eddie? I’ve been having this internal debate over how I should approach this—or if I should approach it at all.”

“W-w-what are you talking about, Mom?”

“Sweetheart, you know better than anyone that I rarely ever keep things from your father, but I want you to rest assured that from this moment on, anything said here will stay between the three of us. The only way your father will know anything about what is said is if you choose to tell him yourself.”

“O-okay? What’s this about, Mom?” Fuck me! I knew exactly where she was going—and it scared the fuck outta me!

“Relax, Eddie! There’s nothing to freak out over. If anything, I want you to remember what your father and I said about unconditional love when we were downstairs. As true as it is for our feelings towards Matthew, it’s even more so for you.

“With that being said, you don’t have to answer my question if you’re still uncomfortable. I saw the fearful look in your eyes when Matthew came out to us, and that nearly killed me. It killed me to see you so afraid of something you seemed to be keeping inside. No mother wants to see her child filled with that much fear.”

Fuck me! Why did the tears have to start? I wasn’t even crying! But here I was dropping tears like Niagra-Fucking-Falls. It was hard to breathe. All I could do was look down at my bed. What the fuck am I gonna do now?

That’s when a miracle from Heaven came into my room. Well—it was already in my room—he was sitting next to me.

Matty took my cup of cocoa out of my shaking hands and set it down on the tray. Then—in front of God and my Mom—he wrapped his arms around me and pushed my head down on his shoulder.

Matty whispered to me, “Go ahead, Eddie. I promise you’ll feel so much better after you tell her. Just remember—I love you, Eddie Hamilton—and I totally got your back.”

I lifted my head and looked up at my boyfriend—my beautiful, quarterback boyfriend—and I know I looked like a deer in headlights. “It’s okay, Eddie. I’m here with you.”

And then the fucker kissed me on my forehead and smiled. Oh! That’s not all—Mom sniffed and let out an “aww” sound. Wait! She liked what she was seeing? Fuck—here goes. Why is this so fucking hard???

I looked up at Eddie and asked him, “Could you tell her?”

“No, ya goof! It has to come from you.”

I lay my head back on Matty’s shoulder, took a deep (but shaky) breath, and started, “Mama?”

“It’s okay, Eddie. I love my boy more than life itself.”

“Mama—I’m just like Matty, I-I’m gay, too.”

“Thank you, my dear boy.” Mom sat on the bed and hugged both Matty and me. “I’m so proud of you boys. And now, I can tell you that I’m not shocked—not even surprised a little bit.”

“W-what? Mom? How did you know? Do I act gay or something?”

“Oh, don’t be silly. It has nothing to do with how you act. It’s instinct. A mother just knows these things. I’ve known how you and Matthew feel about each other since—well, since long before either of you probably suspected for yourselves.”

I looked at Matty with a shocked look on my face. Then I looked at Mom, and she smiled the warmest, coolest mom-smile I’ve ever seen.

“And you’re not gonna say anything to Dad about this, right?”

“Of course not. I promised you I wouldn’t. But you saw how your father reacted to Matty earlier tonight. Do you honestly believe that he would treat you any differently?”

“No. I guess not. I’m just not ready. I mean, just having you and Eddie know is soooo much for my brain to handle!”

“I’m sure it is a lot.” Mom grabbed my cup of cocoa from the tray and handed it to me. “Now, I think we need to set a couple of ground rules.”

“Mom! Do we have to talk about this now?”

“I think so.”

I chugged the rest of my cocoa, hoping it would help me get through this. I don’t think it’s going to work!

“Okay—what are the rules?”

“Well, boys—I have no idea how physically—active you are, and that’s just the way I want to keep it.”

“Mrs. H., we haven’t done anything. We just figured this out about each other this afternoon!”

“That’s fine, Matthew. That’s pretty much all the details I want to know. But I’m not stupid. I realize you are teenage boys, and no matter what I say, you will find a way to experiment.”

“Mom! Really? This is sooooo embarrassing!”

“So here are my rules: First off, you will not do anything sexual while your brother is up and about. You don’t need to hide your relationship, but he doesn’t need to see—whatever. Secondly, should you decide to do something sexual, you will be safe. You will be respectful of each other. Most importantly, you will be discreet. Nobody in this house wants to hear it.”

“Mom!”

“Well, you never hear your father and me when we—”

“MOM!!!! Stop!”

“Yes, I should. Come here, you beautiful boys.”

Mom wrapped her arms around us and said, “I love you both so much! I know this was both one of the most difficult and one of the most wonderful nights of your young lives. You will never forget this. And I think what makes me happiest is that you are both there for each other. That is such a rare and beautiful thing.”

“Thanks, Mom. I love you, too.”

“Yeah, Mrs. H. Thank you. I’m glad you get to be my mom—for a while, anyway.”

“The feeling is mutual, Matthew. Completely mutual.” Mom looked at me and seemed a little confused. “Eddie? Are you okay?”

“Yeah. I am. I never realized how totally cool you are—but really—I just can’t unsee the image of you and dad—” All I could do is shudder. Then I laughed my ass off as Mom turned fifty shades of red. Ha!

“I love you boys. I’m going to call it a night. Sleep with the angels, my loves.”

And with that, Mom took the tray with the three empty mugs and left the room.

“Nite, Mom!”

“Nite, Mrs. H.!”

I shut the door behind Mom and listened for her footsteps going down the stairs. Finally! Matty and I were alone again!

I know what you’re thinking—that Matty and I practically attacked each other. I was kind of expecting that to happen, too. It didn’t happen, though. Instead, I looked at Matty and just started to cry. What the fuck??

Matty walked over and wrapped his arms around me. “It’s okay, babe. You were fucking awesome. But your mom—I’m still kinda in shock. She’s amazing.”

“I’m sorry, Matty! I don’t know why I’m crying—I’m not sad or scared or anything like that. I just can’t help it.”

“Let it out, Eddie. You just did one of the hardest things you’ll ever have to do in your life. And I know you never dreamed that it would go so well. I think you might be crying cuz it’s the best way to let out all that emotion you were holding in.”

“I’m really not this big a baby, Matty. I hope I don’t scare you away or anything.”

“No way, babe! You’re stuck with me now. You wanna get into bed with me?”

I nodded, and Matty took my hand and let me over to the bed. He pulled the covers down, then came back to me and literally kissed the tears off my face. He undressed me, telling me how sexy I was.

He wouldn’t let me undress him. He decided to give me a little bit of a strip show. God! That was hot as fuck!

When we were both down to our boxer briefs, he went to turn off the lamps on my nightstands. I asked him if we could leave them on. I totally wanted to see everything that I thought was going to happen.

What happened was just fucking amazing. Matty was giving his first ever blowjob, and I was getting my first one. I still can’t believe he’d never done that before. It was the most amazing thing I ever felt! And then, when I tried to warn him that I was gonna shoot, he stayed on my cock and swallowed my nut! Woah! Fucking hot!

I wasn’t quite ready to give my first blowjob, but I nearly nutted a second time when I wrapped my hand around Matty’s cock. For the first time, I was touching a hard cock that wasn’t mine! It’s weird—the whole thing just felt so natural and weird at the same time. But I must have been doing something right because, just like me, Matty had to put a pillow over his head to keep the noise down.

When he nutted, he shot so fucking hard! The first two shots landed on his face. Amazing! Fucking. Amazing!

After cleaning up, Matty took me in his arms this time. I laid my head on his chest. As I was thinking about the insane shit that happened during the day, I fell asleep.

Boom! The boys are out! Okay, it might be in a limited way, but it was a pretty big deal for both of them.
Don't you love Maggie? I'm starting to really like Dad, too.
Next chapter should be interesting! We're going to meet some new characters as the boys navigate their new relationship at school.
Thanks for your comments, notes, and especially all the wonderful juju as I prepare to head home for some family stuff. I totally appreciate it!
Love you guys!
Geoff
Copyright © 2019 FlyOnTheWall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 38
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nicole Kidman was born in Hawaii, and Russel Crowe was born in Wellington the capital of New Zealand.

Great chapter.

Edited by Tonyr
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 6/28/2019 at 6:55 AM, Wesley8890 said:

We had the first pride event in twenty years in my town

If anyone wants to watch a major Pride Parade online, SF Pride will be streamed live for several hours on the local CBS station from 10:30am PDT (06:30pm in London or 3:30am in Sydney) on Sunday, June 30th. If your city or town doesn’t celebrate with a parade or if it’s not safe for you to participate, this is one way to have the experience. The Bay Area is large enough and Progressive enough that there are actually several different parades and other events that commemorate Pride, most on different days avoid competing with the one monster event. Personally, I’ll either stay home or be sitting in the Castro Theatre during the parade.
;–)
 

Today was Trans March and Saturday will be D*ke March – both in San Francisco and are proudly non-commercial – and, no, KTVU Fox2, it’s not the “D*kes on Bikes March.” San José (aka Silicon Valley) and Oakland have the next two largest parades, but there’s at least one in the North Bay. Concord has a non-parade event. Earlier in the year, a Prom is held for LGBTQ+ students. It’s an embarrassment of riches compared even with larger metro areas in the US.
;–)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

My dad certainly wasn’t as Progressive as Eddie’s dad, but he read lots of different magazines to keep up with what was going on in the world. I never paid any attention to what he preached because I was a child when I was forced to sit through his services. The big news event that was taking place during that time period was the war in Southeast Asia, along with all the protests here at home.

My parents were opposed to the hippies and other radicals. But his congregation in very conservative San Diego would have had it no other way. What I can remember was more a quieting of the support for the war than any sort of active opposition to the continuation of the fight. There seemed to be weariness that increased with time. Being a Navy town, there wasn’t going to be loud and active opposition to a major employer on the part of the establishment.

My father would talk about god’s unconditional love, but would never have preached that it extended to LGBTQ+s. On the other hand, he would never have advocated violence. And I was never kicked out of the house even after they became aware that I am Gay. My being Gay was just another burden they had to suffer in silence…
;–)

Link to comment
2 hours ago, flesco said:

Religions that teach and preach intolerance and hatred should lose their tax exempt status and be forced to pay all past taxes due immediately.

There is no logical reason why any religious institution should be given tax-exempt status!

Link to comment

Mama? I cried ... I remember telling my own mother when I was nearly fifty ... I cried.

  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Mama? I cried ... I remember telling my own mother when I was nearly fifty ... I cried.

Mine mom is 84. There is perhaps too much divide in that one aspect of her beliefs for me to ever have that moment.

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
On 6/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, droughtquake said:

If anyone wants to watch a major Pride Parade online, SF Pride will be streamed live for several hours on the local CBS station from 10:30am PDT (06:30pm in London or 3:30am in Sydney) on Sunday, June 30th. If your city or town doesn’t celebrate with a parade or if it’s not safe for you to participate, this is one way to have the experience. The Bay Area is large enough and Progressive enough that there are actually several different parades and other events that commemorate Pride, most on different days avoid competing with the one monster event. Personally, I’ll either stay home or be sitting in the Castro Theatre during the parade.
;–)

I’m watching the parade now. 

Because it’s live, they didn’t manage to censor a naked guy, very visible in the background. Naturally, he wasn’t anyone you’d want to see naked.

This is an official CBS event. KPIX is owned by CBS. This is the very first time CBS has rainbow-ized the CBS Eye logo!
 

This is the first time a sitting Speaker of the House (Nancy Pelosi) has participated in a Pride Parade. This is also the first Pride Parade that a sitting California Governor (Gavin Newsom) has participated in. Sitting Senator/Presidential candidate Kamala Harris was also here!

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
Canuk

Posted (edited)

On 6/28/2019 at 11:21 PM, Tonyr said:

Nicole Kidman was born in Hawaii, and Russel Crowe was born in Wellington the capital of New Zealand.

Great chapter.

 

Yes but every Australian just KNOWS they are both really Australian!😁

 

And I do think that as we move through the third decade of this century more and more parents are reacting in a similar way. While Matt's fathers reaction will be sadly always with us, I feel that its a smller and smaller percentage of people that will behave like that. Society evolving. In a good way.

Edited by Canuk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 7/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, Canuk said:

Yes but every Australian just KNOWS they are both really Australian!😁

We give you Mel Gibson. Really. Please take him. We don’t want him!

Link to comment
16 hours ago, droughtquake said:

We give you Mel Gibson. Really. Please take him. We don’t want him!

Nope, he be yours... with our best wishes. 😘

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 6/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, dughlas said:

Mama? I cried ... I remember telling my own mother when I was nearly fifty ... I cried.

Hugs to you 🤗

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 7/28/2019 at 10:14 PM, droughtquake said:

We give you Mel Gibson. Really. Please take him. We don’t want him!

You can keep John revolting and Tom what’s his name? Both yucky men 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Bft said:

You can keep John revolting and Tom what’s his name? Both yucky men 

Did you read that Mad Magazine issue too?
;–)

Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

I am glad that the boys have the love and support of Maggie and also Clay in his own way.

I think that Nathan should have watched boy Erased as it might help him understand Eddie and Matty more, but I think that he was told he could go and play his game, to give Eddie and Matty a chance to feel comfortable enough to talk to Mr and Mrs H at anytime during the movie.

Edited by Bft
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Did you read that Mad Magazine issue too?
;–)

No, I just don’t like either of them in their dumb controlling religion 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Bft said:

No, I just don’t like either of them in their dumb controlling religion 

There was an ancient Mad Magazine movie spoof (of Saturday Night Fever, maybe?) which starred ‘John Revolting.’.
;–)

Link to comment

I think it was rather interesting that in the opening chapter Eddie stated that he believed he was gay, and believed Matt was probably straight, but in this chapter, Mattie was the first of the boys to actually come out.

In regards to coming out, I was in my 40's when I came out to my Eighty year old Dad.  His response:  "Son, your Mom and I still love you, I just don't understand what one man would see in another man."

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks for the warning, didnt help much I still practically bawled my eyes out. That was just such an awesome chapter, one of your best. Wtg Matty for having the courage to come out like that. Big ups to Clay and Maggie as well for providing the opening and then giving their full love and support. I was really hoping Eddie would follow and was dissappointed when he didnt. Maggie to the rescue, absolutely love her to bits. The bedroom scene was where I really lost it. At first I was worried at Eddies reaction if he was confronted directly, but I neednt have worried, Maggie handled it brilliantly,was even funny...."Well you  never hear your father and me........". This is definitely becoming one of my favorite stories, Thank you.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..