Jump to content
    FlyOnTheWall
  • Author
  • 5,652 Words
  • 4,425 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Preacher's Kid: High School - 11. The Transformation of Eddie Hamilton

Spring break continues and the four boys continue to have a blast. But something's going on with Eddie. Matty's not thrilled with it. Dad's more than a little surprised. But no one is as surprised as Donald Harper.
Some of you aren't going to like the turn of events... but I promise that this is just the beginning!
Enjoy!

There’s this strange thing I’m learning about sex. The more you have it, the better it gets! I mean, Matty and I are fucking, sucking, and napping pretty much the entire time we’re here at the lake house. We’re doing it in the hot tub, in the shower, even in the bed! Tuesday night, Matty took me out to the middle of the lake in the boat, bent over the back of the captain’s chair, and begged me to fuck him from behind! Whoah! That was fucking hot!

But the thing I learned about having a shitload of sex was that it stopped being about sex—and more about what we could do to make each other feel good—no, not good—exceptionally good!

Like, I learned that if I’m rimming Matty and lightly run my fingers along the back of this thigh, he will literally scream out loud and dump a gallon of pre all over his abs. Oh yeah, I also discovered that if I’m topping my boy, all I have to do is nibble on that place where his neck meets his shoulder, and he’ll nut in about five seconds.

Matty’s learning shit about me, too. Hell, I never knew I liked having my big toe sucked while he’s pumping his cock in and out of my ass. Let me just say it pretty much causes an instant nut! He also found out that if we’re on our sides and he enters me from behind, the angle of his cock against my sweet spot is perfect. Yeah, I have a new favorite position, but it sure makes a mess all over the sheets!

Matty tells me we’re learning how to make love to each other instead of just having sex for the sake of having sex. I guess he’s right about that. I’ll tell ya something—my mouth has literally explored every square inch of Matty’s body—at least twice!

It was Wednesday morning. Matty and I were in each other’s arms after an amazing morning session of making love when my phone rang. Mom. Uh-oh. This can’t be good—She hadn’t called once since we got here Friday night.

“Good morning, Eddie! I didn’t wake you, did I?”

“No Mom, we’re awake.”

“We had talked about coming up to the lake house and fix you boys a nice dinner. Would it be okay if we still did that?”

“Hold a sec, k?”

I put the phone on mute and told Matty what she had said. He said he thought they should do it since they were so cool about letting us still have a Spring Break together. And since we hadn’t really used much of the house, cleaning and straightening for them would be a breeze.

I unmuted the phone and told Mom that it would be cool. She said we needed to make sure the grill had enough gas in the tank since Dad was gonna grill steaks. I told her I would make a salad and iced tea. She said she would make the tea—apparently, mine wasn’t good enough.

We hopped out of bed, made it into the shower, cleaned each other, and stroked each other off one more time before we made it into the kitchen. Eric and Devyn were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee. We each grabbed a cup for ourselves and let the guys know that Mom and Dad were coming up to grill some steaks for us. They were surprisingly cool about it, and Devyn commented that a break in our sex marathons would probably be a good thing.

After we finished our coffee, we opened all the windows in the house and let the breeze blow through. We wanted to make sure the tell-tale aroma of boy sex was cleared from the air.

I did a couple of loads of laundry and giggled when I saw how many cum-stained towels there were between the four of us. Fuck me. Even that got me horny, so I did what I had to do—I sat on top of the washing machine and called for Matty. He gave me another of his awesome blow jobs. When I offered to return the favor, Matty declined, saying that he would save up his load so he could fill my ass later tonight. God, I love how my boyfriend thinks!

So here we are—sitting around the table with the four boys, Mom, Dad, and the twerp. Oh, wait—I’m trying really hard to change the way I think about my little brother. He’s turning out to be way cooler than I could have even dreamt of being when I was his age.

The steaks were fucking amazing—and huge! Dad also roasted corn on the grill, and mom fixed it up like Mexican street corn. That means it was coated with queso fresco and cilantro and didn’t need one drop of butter or anything.

After dinner, we all had ice cream sundaes. After we finished those off, I asked Dad if I could talk to him out on the deck. I think I shocked the fuck out of him since I don’t think I’ve hardly ever asked him for a private talk. Hehe. I kinda like throwing them off their game every now and then!

“You have something on your mind, Eddie?”

“Yeah, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about this Donald Harper thing.”

“I’m glad to hear that, son. It’s been on my mind as well.”

“Really? What’s been going through your mind?”

“Eddie, I’d rather hear what’s going through your mind before I say anything. I don’t want to influence your thinking.”

“Okay. I get that. You see, I agree that we needed to turn down their plea-bargain deal. But, on the other hand, when I think of the possible sentence for the actual charge, I can’t help but think that a possible life sentence is way too harsh.”

“I understand, son—and I have to say I’ve been thinking pretty much on the same lines. But now we have a real challenge on our hands.” Dad sighed and then smiled at me in this weird-not-really-parental kind of way. “So let’s say you are the judge in this case. Let’s say you are not restricted by any laws on the books. If you could handle the case in any way you would like, how would you do it?”

“Hmmm. Okay, I don’t want you to put anything into what I’m about to say, but it’s been the whole basis for what I’ve been thinking.”

“This must be real good!”

“Dad!”

“Okay. Okay. I’m just listening now. No more comments.”

I took a deep breath. Shit! This conversation was almost as hard as coming out to Dad. Okay, here goes nothing!

“You see, whenever I did something bad—or wrong—and no, I’m not going to tell you anything about that—you see, I always felt a little better about things because I knew Jesus would have forgiven me. That also meant you would forgive me because you are always preaching about how we should try to exemplify Jesus in the way we live our lives.”

“Okay...” Damn it! There’s that weird smile again!

“So, I began wondering if Jesus would forgive Donald for the things he did to me. And then I realized that it wasn’t up to Jesus to forgive—it was up to me.”

“Where are you going with this, son?”

“Hang on, okay? Don’t worry, and I’m not going to forgive Donald and drop the charges. But there has to be something else we can do actually to help him. His hatred of gay people isn’t something that has been with him from birth. That it’s something he was taught to believe. He had to have heard from someone in his life that had a lot of influence. I’m guessing his father, in case you are wondering.”

Dad just nodded, “Go on—I’m with you so far.”

“Well, he’s been in jail for three weeks now. I can’t even begin to imagine how horrible that is. But without the constant pressure from his dad, I’m pretty sure he’s had a lot of time to think about what he’s done.”

“You might be right, but then again, this time behind bars could also make him even more resentful and angry.”

“I’ve thought about that too. That’s why I want to talk with Donald—privately—one-on-one.”

“That could be very dangerous for you, Eddie. Are you sure that’s what you want?”

“Yes, Dad. It’s what I need. I need to know why he did what he did. I need to know how he feels now. I need to know if there’s any hope that he can find a new path in his life that doesn’t involve being in a cage for the rest of his life.”

“And then?”

“I’m still working on that. I’ve been doing a little research on the internet on alternatives to a kid spending the rest of his life behind bars. But before I make any kind of decisions, I need to talk with him—and I need you to help get that set up.”

“Whoa! This is not what I expected from you! Don’t get me wrong, I feel the turmoil you are going through, and I completely understand the way you are thinking. But—and please be honest with me—where did all this come from?”

“Well, the thing is—and if you laugh at me, I’ll never talk to you about shit again.”

“Language?”

“Sorry, I wasn’t thinking—but it’s true, okay?”

“Gotcha.”

“Okay—so while I was doing all that thinking about Jesus, all I could hear in my head was that What would Jesus do crap. I mean, I get the intention of the whole WWJD thing, but I just couldn’t come up with any kind of answer.

“That was when I asked myself, ‘what would Dad do,’ and I started getting all sorts of answers. I guess what I’m saying is that you do a pretty good job of practicing what you preach. You’re closer to living your life like a modern-day Jesus would than anyone I know.”

Whoa—Dad’s jaw dropped, and tears started falling down his face.

“I didn’t mean to make you all emotional—and don’t worry, I don’t think you’re Jesus. No way—trust me, you have plenty of faults! We all do! But when I get old, I sure hope I’m a lot more like you than Donald Harper’s dad.”

Dad wiped the tears from his face and started to talk in this quivery voice I’ve never heard before. “You are an amazing young man, Eddie Hamilton. What you just said is more mature and thoughtful than many of the preachers I know and respect. Hell, you sound like a pastor I could learn from!”

“Dad, I’m far from anything like a preacher. But I just can’t help think that there has to be a way to see that Donald Harper pays for what he did besides rotting away his life in prison. You said you’ve been thinking a lot about it, too. What have you been thinking?”

“Believe it or not, I’ve been thinking pretty much the same thing. There has to be a way we can help that boy.”

“Right. But before we can make any decisions, I have to talk to Donald. Can you help me make that happen?”

“I’ll do everything I can to see that it happens. I’m sure they would insist that any conversation you have with Donald be monitored, either by camera or in some kind of room where the authorities could be watching behind a one-way mirror. But I promise I’ll see what can be arranged and get on with it right away.”

“Thanks, Dad. This really means a lot to me.”

“It means a lot to me as well, son. You’ve just blown me away. I’m so proud to have you as my son.”

“I guess I’m kinda proud to have you as my dad—but if you tell anyone I said that, I’ll deny it ‘til the day I die.”

Finally, Dad laughed and wrapped me in his arms. When he kissed the top of my head, I realized that no matter how old I was, it still felt great to know that Dad was there to protect me and make my life right.

We both sighed and went back into the house, finding everyone around the Monopoly board. Ha! Nathan was beating the crap out of everyone. I love that little shit!

Dad announced that the game had fifteen more minutes so they could head back into the city and leave us boys alone! Yes! Matty’s gonna make love to me soon—I’m so fucking horny!

As soon as our guests left, the four of us loaded the dishwasher and cleaned up what was left of dinner. We walked out into the living room, and Matty stripped off his clothes. “Okay, boys! We’re back to the clothes-free zone!”

The next thing Matty did was go to the thermostat and turn the temperature down to 65. I told him we were gonna freeze our asses off, but he responded by flicking a switch and turning on the large fireplace in the living room.

“The heat from the fireplace is gonna be perfect when I make love to you, Eddie.”

Eric responded with, “What about us? We get to freeze our asses off while you two fuck?”

Matty looked at me with a look that only meant one thing, and I nodded and said, “Sure.”

“You guys can share the heat with us. I mean, it’s not gonna be an orgy or anything. I mean, if it seems to be the thing to do—maybe a shared kiss or two, but we need to stick to ourselves, okay?”

Devyn seemed to like the idea. “Sounds kinda hot to me. I mean, it would be hot as fuck to be pounding into Eric while watching two hot jock boys going at it.”

I didn’t have to say anything since my hard cock was bouncing and pretty much saying everything I was thinking!

Matty went into the hall closet and brought back a couple of comforters, which he laid on the floor in front of the fireplace. He then ran into the bedroom for the lube—his hard cock leading the way!

It didn’t take long for both couples to be completely into a hot sixty-nine. What made it even hotter was hearing the moans and grunts from Eric and Devyn. I’m guessing they enjoyed hearing our noise, too!

The next thing I knew, Matty worked his way down to my ass and was rimming and tongue-fucking the hell outta my hole! That made me moan even harder with Matty’s cock in my throat. Matty pulled his cock out of my mouth, saying he was gonna nut way too soon. He flipped me onto my back and threw my legs up to my chest.

I looked over to my right, and Eric’s face was right next to mine. We both were in heaven with our boyfriends’ tongues working our asses. I could see from the look in his eyes that Eric was big-time turned on. I’m pretty sure he could see the same thing in mine—if not hear it from my moaning. He reached over, grabbed my head, and pulled me into a kiss. Wow! Eric just became the second boy I’ve ever kissed!

When he broke away from that kiss, Eric looked up to Devyn and begged him to start fucking. I looked up at Matty and moaned out, “Yeah, what he said!”

Matty eased his perfect cock into me, and all I could do was let out a long, low, guttural moan. I looked over at Eric and noticed his eyes were practically rolled into the back of his head. This boy loved getting fucked by that monster dick!

Matty reached over to the sofa and grabbed a pillow. He lifted me and placed it under my ass. Yup! It was time for my eyes to roll to the back of my head! Matty found the perfect angle to destroy my sweet spot!

I have to admit that it was incredibly hot looking into my friend’s eyes as we were getting fucked hard by our boyfriends. I looked up at Matty and couldn’t believe how fucking hot he looked. He was holding my legs up, and every muscle rippled with every plunge.

At the same time, Matty and Devyn leaned over and began kissing us. What surprised me was when they broke away from that kiss and began kissing each other. The next surprise came when Devyn started kissing me while Matty ravaged Eric’s mouth.

In no time at all, the entire house was filled with moans and hard breathing. Add to that the sound of bodies slapping against each other, and I guess you could say I was in boy sex heaven! Eric reached across my chest and held on. I matched him as we looked at each other with nothing but pure lust in our eyes.

Matty and Devyn began to pick up the pace and were soon pounding us faster and harder. Their moans and panting got deeper and faster. They were going to nut soon. Eric let go of my chest and reached down, grabbed hold of my cock, and began stroking. Hell, I had to return the favor and found myself stroking him.

“Fuuuuuck!” Eric was the first to nut—all over his chest, my hair, and my face. That was hot as fuck and sent me over the edge. Matty and Devyn both came at the same time, filling Eric and me with their hot nut.

The four of us collapsed on each other, and it seemed to take forever for us to recover. Devyn broke the silence with, “Wow! That was so fucking hot, but I’m gonna take Eric to bed, and he’s gonna fuck me as soon as he recovers.”

“Really? You want me to fuck you?”

“Hell yeah! Watching Matty fuck Eddie was so hot! I want to watch you fuck me!”

Devyn pulled Eric off the floor and dragged him into their bedroom. Matty helped me up. After moving the thermostat back to 76, we took the comforters and threw them in the washing machine. We went into the bathroom and started up the shower. I had to get all that cum outta my hair!

We cleaned each other with lots of kissing and rubbing, and by the time we turned off the water, we were both ready to get into bed for some more love-making.

I was eating and tonguing Matty’s ass while he wrapped his amazing mouth around my cock. His blowjob was sloppy as Hell, and I was slick and wet from his spit. The next thing I knew, Matty had pulled himself around and lowered himself on my cock! Whoa! No lube!

It was totally hot knowing I was inside my boy completely natural. I might have been imagining it, but everything felt so different! Matty was bouncing up and down on my cock, and I was meeting his motions with my hips. He was stroking his cock at the same fast pace we were fucking, and it didn’t take long at all before he was covering my chest with his hot nut. Of course, his nutting caused Matty’s hot ass to pulse around my cock, and I was soon filling him with my own nut.

The rest of Spring Break was a blast. Hey—it wasn’t all fucking, sucking, sleeping, and eating! We took the boat out a couple of times and tried water skiing. Matty was the only one who was really good at it, but the rest of us finally were able to stay up and go a little bit of a distance. The best part of the skiing adventures was the blowjobs at the end. I’m still amazed at how Eric can swallow all of Devyn’s monster! Shit! That boy has some serious skills!

The worst part of Spring break was the end. Sunday afternoon, we all cleaned the house, changed the sheets, and cleaned out the fridge. We drove back into the city, dropped Eric and Devyn off, and made our way home.

When we walked in the door, Mom had the Sunday leftovers on the stove, and damn, it sure smelled terrific! Pot roast, carrots, potatoes, brussels sprouts, and homemade biscuits! Yeah, I guess it was good to be home.

Nathan had to tell us all about his Spring break—mostly going to movies, playing video games, and a couple of sleepovers with Simon. I was glad he wasn’t going to let go of his friendship with the kid, even after the kissing episode.

When he asked what we did on our break, Matty handled it perfectly. He told the kid that we spend a lot of time out on the lake water skiing, watched a lot of movies, played a ton of video games, and cooked all our own food—except for Wednesday, of course.

“What? No sex stuff?”

“Nathan!” Mom tried giving him the dreaded look, but I could see the slightest smile at the corners of her mouth as I blushed twenty shades of red! “That’s personal business, and we don’t talk about that at the dinner table.”

I think I might have to kill Matty for laughing! Thank God—Dad to the rescue! “Eddie, I spoke with the attornies, and they have set up a meeting for you. It’s going to be on Wednesday after school at the county jail.”

“Eddie, I really don’t think you need to be talking to Harper—especially alone.”

“Matty, we’ve talked about this. You know this is something I have to do.”

“Boys, Eddie won’t be alone. Donald will be shackled and restrained, and there will be an armed guard outside the door. The attornies and I will be observing in the next room—with another armed guard.”

“Dad, will Donald’s father be there?”

“No. He won’t be involved in any way.”

“That’s good. Mr. H., do you think I could be there?”

“I’m almost certain they won’t want you there since you are a minor, but you’re welcome to come with us and be there for Eddie when he’s done talking to Donald.”

“I would really like that, Matty. Please come?”

“Of course I’ll come with you. I just don’t see what good this is going to do. Harper is where he belongs—and you’re safe.”

“I told you—I have to know why he feels the way he feels. I have to know why he did what he did. I don’t know—there’s just something about this whole thing that doesn’t feel right, and I want to get to the bottom of it.”

“Don’t forget—he tried to kill you. That’s all I need to know. He tried to take away the most important thing in my life.”

“I know. I’m not forgetting what Donald Harper tried to do. Like I said, I just need to know all the why’s behind what he did. Don’t worry. I’m not going to let him off the hook. There have to be consequences for what he did.”

Matty and I cleaned the kitchen for Mom after supper and settled in to watch some Sunday night television. At ten, we made our way upstairs and got ready for bed.

Matty was still upset with me as we crawled into bed. I had to fix this.

“Matty, we made a promise that we would never go to bed upset with each other, and I can tell you’re still upset with me.”

“I’m not upset with you. It’s Harper. I don’t see how you can even think about going easy on him!”

“That’s not what I said. You need to get out of your head and hear me. All I want to do is find out why he did what he did. Dad and I talked about it, and he agreed that we can’t just let the courts put him away for the rest of his life without knowing everything we can about things. I mean, he’s a fucking teenager. If there are other ways for him to pay for what he did, it’s only right that we explore those options. Don’t worry—we won’t make any kind of decision without you. This is about you, too.”

“Who are you, Eddie Hamilton? When did you start thinking like your Dad—all compassionate and shit? I know you’re right. I’m still angry about what he did. I’ve never really even thought about why. Don’t worry—you have my support on how you go about this. And I’ll be there waiting for you when you finish talking with Harper. I’m sorry—I just worry too much about shit.”

“You don’t have to apologize for worrying. I think that’s the kind of thing that happens when you are in love with someone. I get it. I’ve worried about you plenty over the last year or so.” I leaned forward and kissed Matty. I was the big spoon this time. I held on to the boy I love and let him feel just how much I loved him.

It was back to school on Monday, and none of us wanted to be there. We all wanted to still be on break. We got through the day, and by the time Tuesday rolled around, we had all settled back into our routines.

Wednesday was one of those days I thought would never end. Lunch was kind of exciting, with Eric going on and on about an audition Devyn had for the national tour of Les Misérables. He auditioned for them when the show was in Charlotte back in February, and they just contacted him for a callback in New York. Eric was excited for Devyn, but I could see he was also a little sad at the thought of losing him to the show.

For me, it was nice thinking about something other than my trip to the county jail later in the day. But then, lunch ended, and my stomach started getting all nervous again—and only got worse as the day wore on.

Dad got me excused from baseball practice, so Matty and I headed to the jail as soon as we were done with last period. Dad was going to meet us at the front door. Sure enough, as we were walking from the car, there he was.

Matty stayed in the lobby as Dad and I were led down a long hallway. We went through a security checkpoint and had to leave our cell phones with the security dudes. We stopped outside two doors. Dad was taken in one, and I was told I could go in the other when I was ready—Donald was already inside and was in shackles to guarantee my safety.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Holy shit! I couldn’t believe what I saw. There was Donald—in chains, looking down at the table.

“Hey.”

“Hey. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Why are you here? They said you wanted to talk to me?”

“Yeah, I have a few questions.”

“Whatever.” Donald humphed and didn’t look up from the table.

“So, how are you?”

“Really? That’s why you came here—to find out how I am?”

“That’s not—"

“You wanna know how I am? I’m shit! I’m shit, Hamilton. My first night in this Hellhole, I was raped by my cellmate—and then nearly every night after. I couldn’t do a fucking thing about it cuz if I said anything, they were gonna kill me.”

“Donald, I had no idea.”

“Of course, you didn’t. Nobody does. Wanna know the real clincher? Two nights ago, my old man was brought in for DUI. I guess he heard about what was happening because he walked by me and spat in my face on the way to the yard the next morning. Said he knew I was a faggot all along—and spit in my face again.”

“There has to be something you can do.”

“No. Nothing. I mean, if I want to die, I could tell one of the guards what’s going on—and trust me, there are times I’ve considered doing just that.”

“No, Donald. No matter what has happened, you don’t deserve to be killed!”

“Funny hearing that from you—since I tried to kill you and all.”

“Yeah, well—that’s kinda what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Huh?”

“Okay, I guess I’ve been wondering why you were so obsessed with my being gay.”

“I wasn’t obsessed with you being gay. I just was raised believing that being gay was pretty much the worst thing anyone could be. And when I saw a couple of jocks—jocks that I played sports with—being gay with each other, I guess it kinda freaked me out. It wasn’t about you or Matty as much as it was the whole gay thing.”

“So why did you try to kill me? That had to be more than an obsession with the whole gay thing. I mean, there are a lot of gay guys at the high school, but you decided to go after me.”

“After I got expelled, my old man went ballistic. For the next three days, he would beat the shit outta me and tell me I had to get you. He kept saying it was your fault that my life was ruined, and there was only one thing I could do—ruin your life.”

“So all that came from your father?”

“Yeah, I guess. To be honest, the only thing going through my mind when I hit you was now that bastard will stop beating me. I didn’t even think about anything else. Thank God the guys from the team stopped me—cuz I would have kept going.” Tears started falling from Donald’s face again. “God, I’m so sorry, Eddie. I’m not a killer. I never thought about what would happen to me other than not getting beat anymore. I’ve fucked up my entire life for trying to get him to lay off me. I almost killed you. Jesus Christ! What the fuck was I thinking?”

Donald broke down into sobs, and I reached out, placing my hand on his forearm. “Let it out, Donald. I understand so much more now.”

For the next few minutes, Donald cried and apologized. Fuck! It was breaking my heart, realizing that I wasn’t the real victim here. It was Donald. My decision was made.

Once Donald calmed down, I took another deep breath and spoke. “Donald. Look at me.” He didn’t. “Please? I need you to look at me.” He looked up. Damn, he looked like Hell!

“You do realize that there are attornies and my Dad on the other side of the glass behind you?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m willing to bet they’re on the phone right now to make sure you are going to be safe here. They know about the rape shit that’s been going on, and between them and my Dad, they’ll see that you’re safe.”

“It doesn’t matter. Dying wouldn’t be such a bad option now.”

“No. Don’t talk like that. That’s not an option.”

“Whatever.”

“Look, I’m pretty sure you were pissed when we didn’t accept the plea-bargain your attorney brought to us. But, you need to know that when we found out that the only other option could end up with a life sentence, we can’t accept that either.”

“I don’t see there’s much of a choice.”

“I think there might be. Dad and I are looking into some options, and believe me—if there’s any way we can make the price you have to pay more reasonable, we’re going to pursue that.”

“Why would you do that? You should hate me and want me in prison forever.”

“Yeah—maybe you’re right. But if there’s a way we can get you away from your father and help you find your way back to a good, honest, and productive life, then don’t you think that’s something we should try to do?”

“But why would you help me? I mean, after what I did to you?”

“It’s funny, but when I was in that coma, I started having all these conversations with God. When I woke up, they didn’t stop. You see, when you come close to dying, it changes your life. The things that are important to you change. I used to live my life in this black and white world. Things were one way or the other—with no grey areas in between. And when I started thinking about what you were facing, the state has only two options. I want to see if there’s something in the middle. Even though you tried to destroy my life, that doesn’t give me the right to stand by while the state destroys yours.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything, but can you answer one more question for me?”

“Yeah.”

“If you could change one thing, what would it be?”

“I would’ve gone with my Mom when she left Dad. That would have changed everything else.”

“Is she still around?”

“I think she’s still in Charlotte, but I haven’t seen or heard from her in years.”

The door opened, and the guard said our time was up. I stood up and looked down at Donald one more time. This time he looked up at me. Damn, he looked so fucking sad.

“I can’t make any promises, Donald. But I’m going to do everything in my power to make things right—or at least better.”

And then I left the room.

The transformation of Eddie Hamilton is now underway. I know from my situation about a year ago--when you come close to dying, everything changes in the way you approach life and the situations that get thrown your way. People don't always understand what's happening with you, but if you stick to your commitments, it brings you a peace like you've never experienced before!
Next chapter's going to be a lot of fun... it's prom time (and if you've read some of my past stories, you know I love writing about gay boys at their prom)! The boys will also start their summer jobs as Charlie Brown characters at the Carowinds theme park.
And yes, we're going to resolve the Donald situation.
Looking forward to hearing from you! Please be gentle with the hate, okay? LOL
Geoff
Copyright © 2019 FlyOnTheWall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 31
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well you’re not going to get hate from me over Eddie’s decision to look for an alternative to prison for Donald. I just finished reading a long story (not on GA) about a high school student who is kidnapped and repeatedly raped by a former prison guard – the theme was forgiveness. I also just finished watching the fourth season of Orange Is the New Black where forgiveness was also one of many themes.

I know there are people who deserve to be in prison, but I think too many people are sentenced for far too long a sentence for relatively mild offenses (while others, often white collar criminals, either get off with very light sentences or get Golden Parachutes instead of punishments). There is no equity in sentencing. Mandatory sentences prevent judges from adjusting the punishment to fit the actual crime. Children are sentenced as adults way too often. Clearly prison is not an effective deterrent otherwise there wouldn’t be so much crime.

There is no real rehabilitation in prison and often no plans to help inmates avoid the cycle of repeated jail sentences. Prisoners are usually in a worse situation after they are released than they were when they were sentenced. There is no real assistance when inmates are released from incarceration.

In many cases, prison is a substitute for a mental health treatment facility. Frequently prison is used as a punishment for someone being too poor, too unhealthy, too unskilled, or just plain unlucky enough to be homeless in the wrong town. There is no sense that an ex-con has served his or her sentence and should be allowed to return to a normal life. In many cases, felons are punished for the rest of their lives no matter how much they improve themselves and their communities after they’ve been released.
 

And no, I don’t live behind the walls of a gated community. I don’t live in a wealthy, low-crime suburb. I live in a high-crime, high-unemployment, urbanized community that has a county jail located on its outskirts. The city I live in has a much higher percentage of parolees and people on probation than the rest of the county because this city is where the county dumps its unwanted – we also have the highest number of homeless living here too.

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

No hate from me, either.  Eddie is practicing principles of mercy and justice to which most Christians only pay lip service - if at all.   I greatly admire him for digging beneath the surface to find what really went on with Donald Harper.  No teenager without a prior record should have to face the kind of hell Donald has experienced in jail. 

 Fabulous chapter. No one has mentioned it, but the group scene at the cabin was hot and quite sweet. 

Edited by tesao
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, tesao said:

the group scene at the cabin was hot and quite sweet. 

The dinner with the enormous steaks and Mexican street corn?
;–)

Link to comment

I'm actually ok with his decision and do have some pity for Donald, which can easily disappear if hes acting, but as for his papa well I refuse to pity or regard anyone like him. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

The dinner with the enormous steaks and Mexican street corn?
;–)

Enormous meat, Sr. Seismic Seco?!  I’m shocked!  I’m sure the steaks were perfectly sized and delicious.  In fact, I recall them saying so.  I mean...it seemed as though they couldn’t get enough.

As for street corn, I have no experience with that. 😏

Edited by tesao
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, tesao said:

Enormous meat, Sr. Seismic Seco?!  I’m shocked!  I’m sure the steaks were perfectly sized and delicious.  In fact, I recall them saying so.  I mean...it seemed as though they couldn’t get enough.

As for street corn, I have no experience with that. 😏

Elotes - Steamed or grilled corn on the cob, lathered with mayonaisia (Mexican mayonaise) and sprinkled with grated cheese and hot fruit and vegi seasoning available from Mexican Tienda's.  Spicy but tasty.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I believe Eddie is attempting to do the same for Donald as his father did for Matty.  Get help for the father, and create a safe environment for the son.  Bigotry and hatred are terrible twin brothers!   Prejudism is not a natural trait in in humankind, it is taught!   I'm so looking forward to the next Chapter(s).

Edited by Doug Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Outstanding chapter! The visit to the lake house for spring break was beneficial for all four boys. They had the opportunity to explore and enjoy their new relationships and experiment with each other. Eddie’s conversation with his father, then the conversation with Donald was touching in that he’s thinking more about someone else rather than himself. Unfortunately most District Attorney officials don’t take the opinions of the victims into consideration about charges and sentencing. The only hope Donald has is Eddie’s victim impact statement to the court. Judges are the only ones who have the limited ability to decide on sentences that don’t have minimum sentencing guidelines. I’m not certain whether Eddie will be successful in trying to have the charges lessened.Donald does have mitigating circumstances which might be very helpful in getting his charges reduced. He’s living his life as a Christian and is taking forgiveness seriously. Yes, Donald needs to be punished, but does he deserve a life sentence for being an abused teenager driven to violence by his father? Clearly probation is not appropriate, there must be prison time to show that he committed a very serious crime, however he should be provided with counseling and rehabilitation services to hopefully change the course of his life. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😃❤️

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Doug Spencer said:

Elotes - Steamed or grilled corn on the cob, lathered with mayonaisia (Mexican mayonaise) and sprinkled with grated cheese and hot fruit and vegi seasoning available from Mexican Tienda's.  Spicy but tasty.

 I’ve actually made and eaten Mexican grilled corn. I was teasing Droughtquake with clumsy double entendres.  😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

You did an amazing job writing Eddie's conversations with Dad and Donald. He did a great job explaining his feelings to both of them. I think people often don't look beyond hate as a reason for things happening. Maybe we should be asking what caused the hate that brought about this event. I have to say the whole spring break adventure with the boys was a lot of fun! Thanks. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Donald´s Dad has to go to jail because he's guilty of the merchandise.
and I bow before Eddy for his actions 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Hate doesn’t solve hate, love does.

Though it’s hard to get past what Donald did to Eddie, Donald is a victim, too.  I approve of Eddie’s compassion.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Another fine chapter.Im glad Eddie got the answers he needed from Donald. Getting the full story and understanding his motivations was a big step in the healing process for both boys. Now even I feel sorry for Donald. Was going to transfer my hate to the father, then thought wait, lesson learnt. Maybe the father too was a victim of his upbringing, where does it end. Hate hate itself. Such a thought provoking chapter.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

It's interesting how one thing can change everything for you. Certainly, almost dying will do that. But it doesn't have to be that extreme, or severe.

It could be as simple as letting yourself cry for the first time since you were a child. Or seeing something you've never seen before.

A shift in perspective can come from the strangest things. Things you might never expect.

As for Eddie and Donald? I believe in rehabilitation in any case where it's possible. No matter what has been done, punishing the perpetrator won't undo it. In fact, the main thing punishing the perpetrators accomplishes is deterring others from committing the same crime. It changes very little for the criminal or the victims, indeed, often the process of the trial and punishment hurts the victims as much or more than the original crime, as many victims would rather get along with their lives than focus on something they'd like to put behind them.

In short? We can't change the past. We can change the future however, and rehabilitation, when successful, makes a positive change to the future for everyone.

I applaud Eddie for realizing that.

Edited by Nightlit
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..