Jump to content
    Ivric
  • Author
  • 741 Words
  • 813 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding A Voice - 1. Chapter 1

Fight!, Finally Free?, Viewed, and Justice are starting this collection because of their importance to me. All share the fact that I have a voice and should be heard. Justice is about frustration of college, Viewed is a deep look in the mirror for myself, whereas Fight! and Finally Free? are reflections of coming to terms with being gay in the early 2000's.

Fight!

 

Rain falling, without notice

men, women, young, old;

scatter like roaches

yet, not us, we revel in it.

 

Innocent Summer leaves

Her mark upon two souls.

Sparks ignite within.

We nurture it.

 

Like disobedient children,

after Winter knits her first

bright blanket; dawn breaks.

We cherish it.

 

Arms around fragile hearts

holding close, tasting lips,

passion, heat boiling.

We anticipate it.

 

Among others, two voices,

becoming stronger, one united.

Diamonds in an hourglass.

We long for it.

 

Crimson sky, brimstone comets,

Angels last plight for

salvation of small few.

We are one, we will fight for it.

 

 

 

 

Finall Free?

 

How can you fail to see that we are finally free?

Could it be Congress lying? Our friends and family dying?

Pain like a sky full of tears, regardless of unconditional love over years.

 

Hiding behind a veil, unable to tell.

Out we came, here, we will remain.

Now owe time to shine, from the deepest mine.

Equality we must teach, freedom we must preach.

 

Auschwitz, Sydney, Tokyo, Netherlands, San Fran, Rio,

Stonewall, Boston, Sparta, Dubai, Africa, Jakarta.

As humans, have we not bled, yet ignorance will continue to be fed.

 

Different values, ideas, norms; spanning from seas to farms.

Contributions we did make, many claim dismissing as fake.

Reviving, relocating clues. Living for the arc, never sinking to blues.

 

Hiding behind a veil, unable to tell.

Out we came, here, we will remain.

Now owe time to shine, from the deepest mine.

Equality we must teach, freedom we must preach.

 

Seen in every career, travel around; still see fear.

Fear in what is still taught; love like this, we must not!

Yet, of this love we transcend above surrounding chaos, refusal to never descend!

 

Will there be this oppression? Stereotypes, doubt, segregation?

Religion, society, moral ideals; second-class citizens nipping other's heels.

One step fewer to the end, continuously justifying, our rights we must defend!

 

Finall free, not what I see. Maybe when we can just be.

Rights of taxes, rights of marriage, rights of visitation, rights of carriage.

Then, and only then, will we be, from the shackles that confine us, truly, finally free.

 

 

 

Justice

 

A closer examination

of daily interaction

within the confines of education.

Lost information

creative stagnation

stifling imagination

darkening illumination.

Producing little inspiration.

Poetry my only weapon,

listen carefully to this proclamation

of our justification.

This is our salvation.

 

Professors at this institution,

suffer from a grand delusion.

That their way,

is the only way.

And your way

an hit the highway!

What about inspiration?

The occasional illumination?

Yet, the airs they display,

from the degrees the say,

spiteful words they convey,

It will remain their way.

Until our determination,

over this great abomination.

Then a joyous day,

for all of us to say,

We are not in your way,

for you are in ours, until we rule the day.

 

 

 

Viewed

 

I have been called a saint, scholar, gentleman,

a bastard, a whore, an ass.

Been hated, talked about, loved by only a few.

 

You have said that I, could bear a person's

multitude of tears.

When I become tearful, will you be there for me?

 

One day, soon words that are everlasting,

as old as time itself,

from my heart, to my lips, into your ears, resting your heart and soul.

 

Who would have know that my Prince on the

back of a white steed,

would have been the angel that I am sleeping with right now.

 

Rekindled my frozen soul, mended my shattered heart.

Sweetly smiling, kindly reminding,

causing forgotten feelings, free falling into my life. Loving you for gracing mine.

 

Love, is such a powerful emotion that is too often used, not meant

enough.

Combined with sarcasm, invoking envy, hostility, rage.

 

When mixed with tears it produces

sorrow

heartache

melancholy

 

When merged with alcohol it makes unforgiving fiery lust

 

Yet, married with heart and mind, creating

intense feelings of trust

only one can bestow upon another.

 

A fine line that is too easily crossed.

 

Being held, talked to, comforted, recognized,

kissed, thought of, dreamed about, danced with

rubbed down, humored, touched, taken out, remembered, cared for.

 

Most of all, we crave love

not for our bodies, no

for our minds, our hearts, and the capacity of love for another.

 

 

I hope you all enjoyed the first of several chapters. I will await your feedback and thank you.
Copyright © 2017 Ivric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Each of these bears an intensity and a fire that burns brightly and deeply. Fight, with its common terminal stanza lines, is very effective. And the way Justice strings so many -tion endings together evoked slam poetry. Very well done. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great collection. But for me too much to take in ... there's a lot being said and too much being said in all these. With all of them to read, it's difficult to savour any one.  I think based on the above, my fav is Finally Free. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Theirs some strong stuff here. However; I don't know if it's just too early... Theirs just too much together that it loses its effectiveness. I do enjoy your POV though. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

@BlindAmbition Thank you for your insight.  I placed these poems together because of their voice.  I intend the reader to read each poem like they would enjoy a fine wine or a delicious dessert, take you time and feel the emotion of each poem before moving on the next one. 

 

@Mikiesboy Thank you!  Finally Free? and Justice were my favorites to write.

 

@Parker Owens. Thank you for your feedback.

 

I have just finished Chapter 2 and it should be up soon.  Please tell you friends.  The more I learn the more I can put it back into poems and stories that I have.  I have so much love for all that have taken the time to read my works.

 

Ivric.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Ivric said:

@BlindAmbition Thank you for your insight.  I placed these poems together because of their voice.  I intend the reader to read each poem like they would enjoy a fine wine or a delicious dessert, take you time and feel the emotion of each poem before moving on the next one. 

 

@Mikiesboy Thank you!  Finally Free? and Justice were my favorites to write.

 

@Parker Owens. Thank you for your feedback.

 

I have just finished Chapter 2 and it should be up soon.  Please tell you friends.  The more I learn the more I can put it back into poems and stories that I have.  I have so much love for all that have taken the time to read my works.

 

Ivric.

If you start reading people's work. they'll come and read yours too.. it's something i do and it works... they'd like your opinons and likes too.. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

wow. powerful but a lot in on setting. i get the idea of 'voice' you were going for, but wonder if they would have more voice if posted separately. my opinion only. it's a choice authors make. i liked Viewed the most, with the line "Most of all, we crave love" the best.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..