Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 414 Words
  • 1,354 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Case:Black - 13. Chapter 13

Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center

FEMA/Homeland Security Operations Center

Bluemount, VA

July 16, 2016 10:00EST/9:00CST

 

Posted Image

 

 

 

Director of Homeland Security Francis Kirkwood glared at the technicians as they hastily arranged the teleconference. Half of the Federal bureaucracy was connected now in addition to an alphabet soup of military and law enforcement brass.

On the hour he began the conference. If anyone was late they could read the brief.

"I am Frances Kirkwood, Director of FEMA. This morning we believe that a number of our largest metropolitan centers were attacked with an unknown biological agent. Samples of this agent have been taken in DC and we have confirmation that the same type drones hit Boston, Baltimore, Cleveland, Atlanta, Miami, Memphis, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, well hell guys... pretty much any city big enough to have an NFL or NBA franchise."

"This is General Armstrong of USAMARIID, what do we know about the agent?"

Kirkwood said, "We have only had time to make a preliminary analysis. Special Agent Chase, what have your lab guys told you?"

"Special Agent Chase- Secret Service, White House Detail. The report from our lab guys does not look good. We shot the drone down before it hosed the White House and were able to get a fair sized sample of the liquid it was spraying. The labbies say it is mostly water suspending billions of nano-tech particles."

There was a gasp but Chase continued, "Most viruses are quite fragile. The UV rays in sunlight destroy them. It is one of the reasons that viruses are so hard to weaponize. This nano-tech is quite sophisticated. It's hard to do. I'm not even sure anyone in the United States even has this capability but it's something the bio-warfare guys have been thinking about for some time."

"Rather than release pure virus, they release nano-bots that contain virus particles. When they are in favorable conditions, the nano-bot releases the viral payload."

One of the people connected to the teleconference asked, "Like what kind of favorable conditions?"

Chase answered, "The particle was inhaled or landed on the skin."

The President said, "This sounds like a very sophisticated attack."

Chase replied, "It is Mr. President. It took some very serious technology to make these nano-bot delivery systems and we aren't even sure what is inside of them. We've got samples heading to BL4 labs across the country."

The President said, "I've heard enough gentlemen. As of this moment, I am declaring Case Black."

Copyright © 2014 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..