Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 300 Words
  • 1,728 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Case:Black - 12. Chapter 12

Washington, DC

White House

July 16, 2016 0832EST, 0732CST

 

Posted Image

 

 

 

 

Secret Service Director Donald Moss had been in his office when he heard the SAM(Surface to Air Missiles) missiles fire off.

He was out of his desk and in the Situation Room in a matter of seconds. "Where is POTUS?"

The Duty Officer answered, "His detail put him on Marine One as soon as we got the alert and he's en route to Camp David. The first family is at their residence in Denver. The Vice President has been diverted from his trip to Chicago and is en route to Weather Mountain."

Moss said, "OK. So tell me. Why did we punch the panic button... Agent Chance?"

Chance said, "Four minutes ago airborne radar picked up a bogey on a direct vector to the White House. We got it on high speed camera as it passed over the 495. It was a drone. As soon as it got in our engagement envelope I gave the order to fire upon it."

Moss said, "OK. It looks like you did the right thing. What are we doing about retrieving it?"

"It went down in Montross Park and the DC police are surrounding it. We have a forensics team on the way."

Moss felt the adrenalin rush subsiding and said, "Put them through to me as soon as they have anything."

Agent Chance said, "Boss, I may have over-reacted but better safe than sorry. It looked a lot like a bio-chem attack profile to me. I sent out our team with full precautions."

Moss felt a knot of ice form at the pit of his stomach. "I don't like it. I'm calling Homeland. Give me what you've got ASAP. Something tells me that this is just beginning."

Copyright © 2014 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jimmy, you brewing that HIGH OCTANE NIGHTMARE FUEL again?? This is some seriously scary stuff... :facepalm:

But wonderfully well written nightmare fuel... :thumbup:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..