Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 306 Words
  • 2,047 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Case:Black - 15. Chapter 15

Flathead Lake, Montana

July 16, 2016 0815MDT

 

Posted Image

 

 

 

Scott McGrath was fly fishing when his cell phone rang.

He looked at the DC area code on his phone and considered tossing it in the river.

Instead he answered it. “McGrath.”

“Please hold for the Secretary of Homeland Security.”

He sighed and brought in his line and waded out of the stream while he waited for the call to come through.

“Agent McGrath, this is Director Foley.”

“There must be some mistake sir. I’ve been retired since the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence hearings on the White Sands cluster fuck ran me out of town.”

Foley, a former Midwestern Governor, sighed. “That was well before my time Mr. McGrath. Almost three hundred people died in that disaster and I didn’t hear a word about it until my confirmation hearings in 2014.”

McGrath paused and said, “I’m sorry, that’s ancient history. What can I do for you Mr. Secretary?”

Foley said, “We got hit about an hour ago. Multiple targets and I just got confirmation. McGrath, there’s no doubt: the agent is Pandora.”

“Jesus.”

Foley said, “Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction too.”

McGrath stood there dumbfounded for a moment and asked, “What can I do sir?”

Foley said, “You are the one man in the United States with the most experience with Pandora and we need you. Will you help us?”

McGrath said, “I’ve been sweating this day since 1990 when I first heard about this nightmare. There is nowhere to run from this thing sir. I’ll do anything I can to help.”

Foley sighed and said, “That’s the first good news I’ve had all day. There will be a Blackhawk on the way to pick you up from Malmstrom Air Force Base momentarily. You’ve got time to pack a suitcase.”

Copyright © 2014 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..