Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 242 Words
  • 1,619 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Case:Black - 34. Chapter 34

NSA Data Facility

Camp Williams Military Reservation, Utah

July 16/17, 2017 2250MST / 0050 CST

 

Posted Image

 

 

 

 

Jason Lee sat bolt upright in his chair. The intercept that he was listening to was flagged by the system earlier in the day. The computer flagged the encrypted cell phone call originating in Islamabad, Pakistan to a senior Lieutenant of the Sanchez Cartel in Mexico City and put it in the queue for decryption.

That was not an overly difficult task for a Cray XC30 super computer. However, many hundreds of high priority intercepts were being investigated on this day of all days. The American intelligence establishment was on a war footing and the President had issued a hunting license with no bag limit.

The conversation was in Spanish but that was no difficulty for Lee.

Intercept: 20170716:1920:MexCity00987654 Satellite K23 Duration 40sec

Caller: Bieto.

Receiver: Yes?

Caller: This is Geraud. I am of need of your services.

Receiver: What can I do for you Monsieur?

Caller: I have run afoul of customs and have a package stuck in Mexico City. A flight was canceled and I need it secured and protected.

Receiver: The destination?

Caller: Originally Paris but we can re-route it as necessary.

Receiver: Contact protocol?

Caller: As we have pre-arranged.

Receiver: It will be done.

Caller: Merci

Call Ends…

He quickly translated the conversation and printed it out.

“Yo, Boss. I think I’ve got something here.”

Copyright © 2014 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

...and now the NSA! Still hanging on every word! I love the pacing of the chapters. I only wish the story was complete. The wait is killing me....Thank you!!!

Stuff15

Link to comment

Silly me, with the rose-colored glasses. I'd thought the sign in front of the Utah Data Center was photoshopped. Even if big data and the feds spy on us, why rub it in our faces so crudely? Nope, seems real. They're proud of that motto.

Link to comment
On 11/18/2013 09:19 AM, knotme said:
Silly me, with the rose-colored glasses. I'd thought the sign in front of the Utah Data Center was photoshopped. Even if big data and the feds spy on us, why rub it in our faces so crudely? Nope, seems real. They're proud of that motto.
I was wondering if anyone would notice that. It came from their own website.
Link to comment

I didn't think the sign in the picture was shopped. It was what I'd expect: insipid

arrogance. At least the NSA may actually come up with something useful now,

and that would be a good thing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..