Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 305 Words
  • 1,428 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Case:Black - 11. Chapter 11

Memphis, TN

July 16, 2016 0730

 

Posted Image

 

 

 

The morning traffic was rising to its peak as Officers Carson and Ogletree pulled their cruiser out on the big loop around town comprised of I-240 on the South, I-40 on the North and I-69 around the West. Morning traffic watch was a big headache and both of them were relieved that they would soon be rotating shifts. It never failed that someone would screw up and tie up traffic for miles.

Sure enough, the first call of the day took them to the Lamar Avenue exit on I-240. They got off and road the shoulder the last quarter mile and found a three car stack. A Honda had rear ended an old Pontiac and driven it into the back of a Toyota Tacoma.

Another blue and white car of the Memphis PD pulled up and wreckers. They took pictures of the scene and statements of the drivers. Just like they had a few thousand times before when Ogletree heard something. He looked up and saw a tiny aircraft flying right down the length of Lamar Avenue moving directly toward them from the South-east.

He yelled, "Carson, look!"

Carson looked up from his pad just in time to see the tiny aircraft fly directly over them and follow the road to the North-west.

He shrugged and went back to filling out the accident report.

A few minutes later, a fine mist began landing. Carson saw it first on the Honda's windshield. Ogletree had actually seen it streaming out of the back of the tiny aircraft.

Carson walked over to Ogletree and said, "What the f*ck, Tom?"

Ogletree said, "I don't like it. I don't like it at all. Remember those Homeland Security drills?"

Carson said, "Call it in. Call it in RIGHT NOW."

Copyright © 2014 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..