Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 1,043 Words
  • 1,348 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Case:Black - 24. Chapter 24

News Talk 100

Memphis, TN

2045 CST

 

Mike at night: “This is Mike at Night on News Talk 100 in Memphis and the topic of the day is martial law.”

“For years now we’ve been hearing talk about FEMA Camps, the New World Order and black helicopters. After the events of today, one has to wonder.”

“Let’s see: they say that drones flew over a number of our biggest cities and dumped a bio-chemical agent on us at what… about seven thirty this morning.”

“Less than an hour and a half, President Harrison declared martial law and basically pad-locks the country. Anyone that has followed Harrison’s political career at all knows the man is incapable of making any decision more consequential than today’s shirt in an hour, much less ninety minutes.”

“We know that our own city is surrounded by a cordon of armed National Guardsmen and a strict quarantine is in place.”

“Just this evening we have been told a cock and bull story about an old Soviet bioweapon so hideous that even the Soviets decided that it was too dangerous to use.”

“So… what do you think Memphis? We’re going to the phones. Fred from Germantown, you’re on the air.”

“Hi Mike. I’ve only got one question: who do we know that flies drones?”

Mike at night: “Thanks Fred. That’s an interesting question. Now let’s go to Terrell in Cordova.”

“Thanks for taking my call Mike. How many lies have they told about this thing over the years? How many bodies have piled up because of it and they expect us to believe them now?”

Mike at night: “That’s another good question Terrell. We’ve been lying about this for years but now we pinkie promise that we’re telling the truth? It’s getting so deep that I would stop by our sponsor Hawkins Sporting Goods and pick up some waders but the store is closed because of the quarantine and the National Goonsquad out there might shoot me. OK Stan in Carrollton, you’re on the air.”

“Hi Mike. It’s got to be the Chinese. They are germ crazy after what the Japs did to them during WWII. Do a web search on Unit 731. They used that stuff on our troops in Korea.”

Mike at night: ”I’m not buying it Stan. Why would the Chinese do this to us? Sure, we owe them money but the loan sharks just beat you up. Dead people don’t pay their bills. Ross from Southaven. How is our resident Neo-con tonight?”

“It has to be Iran. They hate out guts and try to screw us over every chance they get. They hate us worse than they hated Iraq and they fought a decade long war with poison gas just so they could screw with us there. They hate us more than they hate the Pashtuns so they could screw with us in Afghanistan.”

Mike at night: “I’m not buying that one either. Over the years Iran has been very careful to go just so far but not far enough for the Great Satan to pound them into smoldering junk. I don’t believe that they would stick their Ayatollah’s neck that far out. Rick on the South side, you’re on the air.”

“I think it was the Heebs. It’s a false-flag thing to get us to nuke the rag-heads for them.”

Mike at night: “Don’t you have an important Klan meeting to go to or something? Vic in Mid-town, you’re on the air.”

“Do we even know if anybody is sick?”

Mike at night: “The official word on this bug is that it has an incubation period of about 12 hours or so… I’m guessing that we’re going to find out pretty soon. Roger from Bartlett, you are on the air.”

“This is General Roger Scarborough of the Tennessee National Guard. How are you tonight Mike?”

Mike at night: “General… I’m surprised to hear from you.”

“I’m sure that that you are. I thought it might be useful to hear from somebody that’s not talking out of his ass tonight. I’ll give you a scoop right here: hospitals started seeing people with symptoms of the Pandora virus around 6:00 tonight. The symptoms are fever, a loss of appetite and a headache. As much as I would like to tell you that this is a farce, I can’t do it.”

Mike at night: “General… sir… Do you want us to shut down?”

“No Mike. We need the media to keep people informed. However, some of the rather interesting theories we are hearing tonight aren’t that helpful. At the moment the barn is on fire. Once we put it out, we can figure out which cow kicked over the lantern.”

Mike at night: “How do you answer the drone question General?”

“All of the drones in the attack were a French build model designed to be a crop duster. They are sold all over the 3rd world but not here in the United States. Needless to say, the US military doesn’t do a whole lot of crop dusting.”

Mike at night: “After so many revelations of lies that have been told, how can we trust the government?”

“Mike- I live in Bartlett. My soldiers are from all over Tennessee. We aren’t the new world order. We’re your neighbors and we’ve got a big problem on our hands. Don’t trust the government. Trust the citizen soldiers. I guarantee you not as a General or federal vassal but as a neighbor: if there are any shenanigans going on and we find out about it, we will roast someone over a slow fire.”

Mike at night: “Uhhh… we’re getting close to the top of the hour General. If you think that you have symptoms, what should you do?”

“Call 911. That will work. There is also a toll free number that we will be publishing soon for that purpose.”

Mike at night: “General, the prognosis for this virus is very grim. Why should people trust the government to treat them?”

“Doctors are working to find a treatment for this bug. With treatment, you just might stand a chance. Without it, you have no chance.”

Mike at night: “Thank you General Scarborough. Now we break for the national news.”

Copyright © 2014 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The General tactfully avoids saying that those who have symptoms will need to be

exterminated. The radio show topic will be rendered moot in a matter of hours

anyway, - except they did bring up one point: Who did this? I've been wondering

about that since the drones were first sighted. What do those people who were

caught in California have to say?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..