Jump to content
    Kia Zi Shiru
  • Author
  • 1,401 Words
  • 1,440 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Sheep Part 1 - 10. Chapter 10

I anxiously bite my thumb, Marie hasn't told anyone. At least, that is what I think because my parents would have kicked me out and they haven't, yet. But still, it's nerve wrecking that I'm not sure. They can't know, not yet. I look around the school grounds. No one seems to look at me differently well, not any different from last week. So they don't know yet, right? Right.

I look around again, no sign of Vic nor of Marie or one of the girls. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. They promised they would calm Marie down, try to keep her from talking. But yeah, finding the two guys you like on top of each other hurts and I know Marie long enough to know she doesn't take hurt very well. I haven't heard from them so I hope she hasn't told anyone. I sigh, why is love complicated like that?

As Vic walks onto the school grounds my face lights up, he looks so handsome, his long coat falls behind him and it makes him look even taller than he actually is. His black hair is bound back into a ponytail and he tucks some stray hairs behind his ear as the wind catches hold of them. Only as he turns around I see his eyes, they've gotten darker yet again and it makes me want to make the pain go away.

Love might hurt but Vic's hurt is deeper than that, his eyes have been getting darker the past couple of weeks and I can't seem to make it any better. I see his eyes search the school grounds until they lock onto me, his face softens and a small smile forms on his lips. Well at least I make him happier when I'm around, for now, that is as good as I can do. I smile back as he crosses the yard and joins me on our regular spot. As he leans next to me against the wall my hand strays and after some stolen finger caressing I quickly and softly squeeze his butt before I retreat. Vic looks at me with raised eyebrows but a smile on his beautiful lips.

“Lets get inside, first class is gonna start soon,” I say before I turn around to the building. No sign of Marie, this is going to be a long day.

Mike joins me after our last class, Vic doesn't share all of my classes so he waits for me in front of the school.

“You do realize that we have a test on this next week eh?” Mike laughs as I keep growling about the huge load of math assignments we have for tomorrow.

“Oh come on, just ask Vic or Marie to help you, they'll make sure they get done.” Mike punches my shoulder and we walk though the front door, suddenly he stops.

“Jo?” he softly asks in wonder and his face lightens up. I look in the direction he is looking and see Vic talking to a tall slightly muscular guy. Next to me Mike tries to walk towards them as normal as possible, but still there is a slight skip in his step. I smile fondly as I follow him.

“Jo!” the guy looks up as Mike gives him a quick hug en keeps standing close to him, a small smile plastered on his features.

“Yeah, I wanted to surprise you. I thought it would be fun to spend some time and was free early anyway.” Jo smiles and looks at me. “I don't think we know each other. Hi, I'm Jo, Mike's guy, you must be Jack. You look exactly like Vic told me.”

I look at Vic but he just blushes and looks away. So Jo was a friend of Vic and also Mikes boyfriend, or well, that is what it looks like. I never even guessed that he may be gay, but right now, it no longer surprised me.

“Do you guys want to join us?” Jo looks at Vic and me expectantly.

I look at Vic who shrugs. “Why not? We haven't seen each other in a long time anyway. You okay with it Mike?”

“Why would I mind? It's not like Jo and I never see each other and it might be fun hanging around with you guys.” Mike smiles and looks at Jo. “Where do you want to go? Do you have anything in mind?”

“Just that cafe we went to last time? It wasn't that crowded and their chocolate milk is delicious and not too expensive. You guys okay with that?”

Vic and I nod.

“Okay then lets go.” He turns and we walk off the school grounds.

“I never realized you two guys may be going to the same school,” Jo says with a nod while he sipping his chocolate milk. “What a coincidence.”

“You knew I moved here, so maybe you should let Tom examine your mind, a early form of Alzheimer perhaps?” Vic sticks out his tongue as he takes a sip of his chocolate milk.

After Jo's description of their chocolate milk we all had it and to be honest it is delicious. The cafe is small with booths around the walls and a couple of tables in the middle, everything is either dark red or dark wood and they have topped it with small bronze accents. It feels very chique but at the same time very homey.

“How come it took you guys so long to get together?” Mike suddenly asks and my attention returns to the conversation.

“I think that might have something to do with the simple fact that we didn't have the guts to admit it out loud.” Vic smiles and looks at ease. From the corner of my eye I can see Jo looking at Vic from time to time, a look of concern in his eyes but he doesn't say anything.

An hour later we are outside again, I still need to do my homework and Vic promised he would help me. Jo lights a cigarette and then eases his hand in Mikes. They look so good together, Mike is tall but slim and Jo a little bit taller and a lot more muscular and they seem very at ease around eachother.

“By the way, I see you finally got over the older guy syndrome?” Jo laughs.

Suddenly Vic's eyes darken, his jaw sets and his lips form a thin line, instinctively I reach out for him but he brushes me off.

“Don't touch me,” he growls and his eyes set on Jo's face. “Fuck off! Fuck! Off! Get! Away! From! Me!”

“Oh come on Vic.” Jo sounds as surprised as I feel. “Don't be like this.”

“Be like what?!” his growl gets deeper “You had to mention him didn't you! You just had to do it! You just! Ugh!” Vic turns around and stomps away.

It's quiet for a few minutes, until,“Oh, crap,” Jo groans, “I'm such a fool.” He sighs deep. “Stay here, I'll be right back.” He runs after Vic and catches him.

Vic tries to fight him off but Jo grabs his arms and just pulls him close. After a couple of minutes Vic stops fighting and Jo releases him. He points towards the small park next to the cafe and they walk out of sight.

“They'll be okay.” Mike suddenly says and I almost jump. I totally forgot he was here with me. “Sorry, did I surprise you? I didn't mean to.” He puts his hand on my shoulder. “Let's go back inside. Doesn't seem like they'll be back soon.” he pulls me with him and puts me in a booth.

As we sit down I can no longer keep still “Do you know what is wrong with Vic? He has been getting quieter and quieter lately.”

“Sorry, I don't know.” He walks away and comes back with a cup of chocolate milk “But at least we're warm inside here while we wait.”

I sigh, pick up the cup between my hands and look outside the window at the park Vic just walked in to. What was wrong with him that hurt him so much? How can I help him? The same questions I keep asking myself over and over ever since I saw his eyes start to darken a couple of weeks ago.

(2010) (Kia Zi Shiru/Draigen)
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..