Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 3,031 Words
  • 2,722 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Where Life Takes Us - 2. Chapter 2 - Alive

Wyatt has finally found a home with the Luis family. Get to know them and their home a little more this chapter.

Here he stands, in front of his new home. Wyatt, now Wyatt Luis, looked at his new home. Just the way it looked made Wyatt jealous of Talon. Even though this was now his home that didn't mean that Wyatt truly felt welcome.

To be honest he would say he felt like he was intruding in their lives. After his excitement of finally being adopted, he felt out of place and more alone than ever. Sure he would be in a room attached to Talon's though a bathroom. He would even have his own personal space here. But that is what made him feel like an intruder.

He was welcome to their home, yet he didn't feel it. This home looked to big, to fancy to be his now. Its blue and white walls surrounding the inner frame. The grand doors that welcomed him to enter. It all felt to good to be true to Wyatt, he felt like something would go wrong.

It was Diana who started his introductions to everybody. “This is Caitlyn, your younger sister, she is eight.”

“Hi!” She's loader than Talon... Wow. Wyatt thought to himself.

“Your older sister, Kayle, she's 14.”

“Woot another brother. Stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours.” She's kinda pretty but rude. I don't know about her...

You've met Grandpa Nickolas.” The two exchanged a wave to one another. “This is Jessie and her daughter Rachael, they are our maids. They will not clean your room, but will take your laundry and garbage out when they can. If you would like certain cloths to be washed quickly, you are to do it yourself.”

Diana wasn't rude, from her prospective, she was telling Wyatt the rules as they went along. At least the ones that popped into her head. “I don't have very many cloths to wash.”

He had four sets of cloths and A pair of pajama pants. “Don't worry Wyatt, tomorrow we're going into town and you can get some more.”

“Well why don't we go inside now?” Grandpa Nickolas made a gesture to go inside. To everyone but Wyatt this was just a way to get everyone inside. The true intention was to get Wyatt's mind off the 'free cloths' from his new family. Wyatt knew what he was trying to do and gave a 'thank you' before going inside.

The entrance way was huge. It had it's own walk in closet to put your shoes and Jackets. Each section was labeled to who's stuff when there. The only name missing was Grandpa Nickolas, but he didn't live in this house and Wyatt knew that.

Besides the closet, the entrance way had the main stair case going upstairs, and a straight path to the living room/Kitchen. A ceiling fan overhead and hardwood floors below. What Wyatt didn't expect was the fluff ball of a husky that sat on his bed in the hallway.

“This is Shylo, Wyatt!” Talon literally dragged Wyatt across the floor to the large dog. “He's really nice, he wont bite!” Shylo, who was a malamute husky cross, smelled up and down Wyatt. He stopped at his crotch which Wyatt covered up immediately.

“Well, Talon why don't you show Wyatt to his room and we'll meet you in the kitchen okay?”

“Okay mom!” Pulling Wyatt again, “This way!” When they reached the stairs Talon let go of Wyatt and ran up the stairs. Wyatt hesitated and looked back as if asking permission.

It was Grandpa Nickolas who rescued him again, “Just try your best to go about the house as if it was your own. I know it'll be hard at first but you'll get used to it.” With a hug Wyatt was off to fallow Talon where ever he went.

When He got up the stairs Talon was no where in sight. Wyatt crept along looking into rooms. He saw what was obviously Caitlyns room, with dolls all over the floor. Then he past Kayla's room with magazine pictures covering the walls completely.

Just when he got to the next door Talon appeared from two doors down. “This room is yours. That one is mine and that's our bathroom.” Wyatt went to 'his room' and looked inside.

It had a queen sized bed right in the middle with news paper surrounding the walls. White paint was visibly fresh on the walls by the scent in the room. There was a dresser and a desk in the room as well, also away from the walls.

“You didn't have to paint the room for me, you know.” Wyatt almost felt spoiled by how the room looked. He couldn't believe that they would go through all this trouble for him.

“It was me and Grandpa who painted it. We had to take the Tv out of the room cause we were worried it might get splashed by paint.” A Tv too? I don't need a Television in my room. Wyatt may have thought that way, but he also thought it was nice to have just in case.

“You can set your stuff down where you want. Then I'll show you the bathroom and the 'better' staircase.” So Wyatt set his stuff down on his bed and fallowed Talon into the bathroom.

It well well equip with two sinks and a large mirror. It even had a bathtub and a separate shower stall. They were in positions that if they were both in bathing they couldn't see each other, even when they got out of the shower. The toilet even had it's own 'stall' in the corner of the room.

From there Talon led him down the hallway to a spiral staircase. Talon then proceeded to slide down on it via the handrail. Wyatt, yet again, slowly crept down the stairs nervous of what they would ask or do.

When his feet were finally visible, it was once again Grandpa Nickolas to come to his rescue, “Come on, we're about to start eating, you don't wanna miss Diana's homemade pizza, it's very good.”

Wyatt then heard his tummy grumble, and proceeded to go down the stairs much faster. He found that the landing of the stairs fell to just in between the Kitchen and living room. The living room was furnished with leather sofas, chairs and love seat. The kitchen had a island in the middle with enough space for the entire family to eat at it.

Wyatt took a seat between Talon and Grandpa Nickolas. “Would you like peperoni or Hawaiian, Wyatt?” Diana handed him two plates one with each type of pizza on them.

“Peperoni please.” After taking a bite he continued, “Thank you, it's amazing.” The conversation around the 'table' was very directed towards Wyatt. Caitlyn wanted to know everything there is to know about him.

The even asked questions like, 'Did you ever know your mom and dad?' and 'How long did you live in the orphanage?' She got warned both times she was crossing a line by her father. That didn't stop Wyatt from answering though, he felt obligated to tell what he knew of his parents.

The conversation eventually got to what the family had planed for tomorrow, “Well it's 5:30 now, so if you guys get hungry just have some more pizza. Tomorrow Talon, Wyatt and I are going downtown to do dome shopping.” Diana, a lady who loved her shopping, was not going to take no for an answer from Wyatt.

“I don't need to go shopping, I have everything I need.” Wyatt actually hated the fact that they were gonna spend money on him. He didn't want their money to be spent on him. Even if he was their adopted child now.

“Wyatt, son, you don't even have a week worth of cloths to wear. Plus, I don't think you want to have a plain white bedroom.” Kenneth explained why they were going to spend their money on him. Wyatt still didn't like the idea.

"I don't mind having a white room, I'm used to it by now.”

“You must have a favorite color Wyatt.” Grandpa Nickolas waited for Wyatt's answer.

“I like the color blue... I guess you could say it's my favorite.”

“Then how bout this. I have some extra blue paint that you can use. It wont cost us a thing and you get some color in your room. Sound good to you?” Wyatt blushed and just nodded his head.

“Well now that the paint thing is settled, lets face it, you don't quite have the cloths to live in weekly.” Wyatt knew Kenneth was right, but was still very against the idea of them spending money on him. “Lets make a deal. We will only spend as much money as both our budget and you are comfortable with.”

“Okay.”

“Wyatt, you must get at least 4 outfits. That is the minimum.” Diana went 'mom mode' and Wyatt was familiar with the lack of options he had. He decided to just nod his head and blush.

From the family went and did their own thing. Kayla went up to her room. Caitlyn continued her admiring of Wyatt, who was watching TV with Talon and their parents.

It wasn't long after 9 that Kenneth got up to go to bed. When he did get up he noticed a sound asleep Wyatt and Talon resting each their heads on each other. Kenneth shook Talon awake, “Talon you should go to bed.”

“I wasn't asleep, I was resting my eyes like you always do.” Talon then noticed that Wyatt was asleep beside him. “Wyatt is asleep though.”

“I'm going to carry him up to bed. Go up and get ready for bed.”

Talon jumped up and started toward the spiral staircase. Just before he went up he stopped and looked at his father. “Wyatt's room smells like paint. He wont get a good nights sleep in there. My bed has more than enough room for the both of us though.”

Talon made his way up as Kenneth figured out exactly how to go about lifting Wyatt. He ended up putting one arm under the knees and one behind his shoulders. Wyatt didn't even react to Kenneth's actions, he was sound asleep.

Kenneth made his way up the stairs to Talon's room. When he arrived Talon had just come out of the bathroom, in his pjs. Talon helped his father get Wyatt into bed and then joined his new brother.

“Good night Talon, I'll see you tomorrow when you wake up.” With a kiss on the forehead to both boys Kenneth turned to leave.

As he turned off the lights Talon spoke up. “Thanks dad.”

“For what Talon?”

“For being so awesome.” Kenneth smiled to himself and shut the door behind him.

That night everyone had a sound sleep in their house. Kayla though was up till 2 am texting, facebooking, and just all around procrastinating sleep. She had her own thoughts about Wyatt.

“It's just Talon getting his way again. He never gets in trouble and always gets what he wants. Now I'm gonna have two brothers to deal with instead of just one. It's bull!”

In the morning Wyatt woke up shortly after eight, the time he was woken up at the orphanage. The last thing he remembered was watching TV with the Luis family. He still couldn't believe he was adopted.

What surprised him even more was that he wasn't in 'his bed' but Talon's. Wyatt got up and went into his room before he woke up Talon. He got changed into his pajama pants that stopped in the middle of his shins.

Wyatt made his way slowly down to the kitchen. To his surprise Diana was already there making Pancakes. “Good morning Wyatt.”

“I guess it's true about mothers having eyes at the back of the head.” He took a seat down at the island and watched as Diana cooked.

“It's not that, I heard someone come down stairs and I knew it wasn't any of the ones I've given birth to.” Diana tried to stay away from saying 'her children'. She wanted him to feel welcome to her home.

“I usually got up around this time at the orphanage. I guess I'm just used to it.” Wyatt said with a grin. Diana handed him a plate with two pancakes on it. She then handed over a small plate with butter and the syrup. “Thank you, it looks great.”

“I threw in some cinnamon in the mix, hope you enjoy it.” Wyatt poured the syrup onto the pancakes. He used do much that Diana was happy that the plate she owns have curved sides. “Want some pancakes with your syrup?”

“Oh, sorry I didn't know how much to use. There is never enough when they served them to us.” As much as Diana hated hearing about this and that from the orphanage she had already had this conversation with her husband. 'Wyatt will mention things that are different for a while, you'll just have to listen as it slowly becomes less frequent.' is what Kenneth had said.

“It's fine Wyatt. Use as much as you like. We have plenty of syrup for the family.”

Wyatt started to eat and after just one bite was hooked on Diana's special touch of cinnamon. “This is great!” Wyatt took a few more bites barely stopping to breath. When he had finished half the meal he finally spoke up. “Could I have something to drink please?”

“Of course you can. We have milk, water, apple or orange juice.”

“Apple juice please!” Wyatt's favorite was apple juice, he had it everyday for breakfast. While Diana was getting the cup for him Wyatt asked, “When do you think Talon will be up?”

“Talon usually wakes up about ten. I think he stays in bed for a bit though so today I would say he'll be up within the hour.”

“Okay” Wyatt took another bite of his pancake barely fitting it into his mouth.

“Don't you think that's a little to much?” Wyatt shook his head and continued chewing. “Well I'm going to put these in the oven to keep warm. Can you tell anyone who waked up that they are there while I go up and have a shower?”

Wyatt nods as he swallows the food he had in his mouth. “Yes, of course. Just one question.” Diana waited for Wyatt's question before heading upstairs, “What is there to do while I wait for Talon?”

“You can watch Tv, a movie or anything you can find really.”

Wyatt got an idea and ran up stairs before he forgot it. When he returned he found Diana still in the kitchen. Wyatt had a movie in his hands, “I'll watch the 6th Harry Potter movie. I haven't watched it yet.”

“That sounds like a great idea. I'll see you when I'm done getting ready.” Wyatt finished his breakfast and rinse his dish. He made his way to the living room and started up his movie.

After about half an hour Talon came and joined Wyatt and watched the movie. Mid way through Kenneth came down and asked the boys to get ready to go up town. Both boys went up and started to get ready.

It wasn't long before both boys were ready and out the door. Kenneth and the boys spent the entire day shopping for Wyatt. He ended up getting enough cloths for almost two weeks of clothing. Wyatt felt like he spent more money than he should of but was greatly happy.

Then came Wyatt's favorite and least favorite part. They went to Future Shop to look at a laptop for him. He reluctantly picked out one of the laptops that wasn't to cheep but wasn't to expensive. They also picked up a one terabyte external hard drive. Wyatt was told it was a mandatory part of the trip. Wyatt was convinced that they spent more money there than all the cloths combined.

When they got home Wyatt found Grandpa Nickolas and Caitlyn with blue paint on their cloths. Wyatt rushed up to his room to find the each of the four walls a different design. The wall with the door, which had the most wall space had a spiral of blue and white. The wall with the bathroom on the other side was completely blue. Meanwhile the opposite wall to the door was completely white and the remaining wall was diagonal strips of both colors.

Wyatt didn't really know how to contain himself. He was jumping and spinning and clapping. When Grandpa Nickolas came into the room he was instantly hugged, “Thank you so much I love it!”

“I'm glad. It didn't take us long so don't worry about it.” Wyatt glee was unable to be hidden from the elderly man. “Now show me what you bought as you put them away.”

The next hour Wyatt did some showed and tell Grandpa Nickolas with the help of Talon. They explained their entire day and the man just laughed along with them. When he finally finished it was about Ten pm and both boys were tired.

“The room still smells a bit like paint. You should spend just one more night in Talon's room and then tomorrow we can set up your room.” The boys agreed and got changed into their pjs.

They went down stairs and said their good-nights and went back up to bed. Talon though couldn't go to bed without a little in bed talk, “Today was fun, wasn't it?”

“Ya... I just think I made your parents spend to much money.”

“OUR parents. They aren't just mine anymore.” Talon snuggled into Wyatt a little bit. “Can you promise me one thing Wyatt?”

“I can promise many things.”

“Promise me that if you ever find out who your biological parents are, you'll stay with us.”

“That is one thing I know I can promise you, bro.” Talon fell asleep with happy thoughts on Wyatt's chest. Wyatt felt safe with Talon snuggling up, he felt loved. Talon's question though made him think, could he really keep such a promise when that time came?

Chapter end.

Wyatt just made a promise of a life time. Can he truly keep that promise!?
Copyright 2013 Kuragari129; All Rights Reserved!
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..