Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,982 Words
  • 1,821 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Where Life Takes Us - 16. Chapter 16 - Let It Go

From a cameo from my first story, 'Life's Expectations', to Wyatt 'letting it go'. Welcome to Chapter 16 of Where life Takes Us.

From Wyatt's Notes:

From time to time it's different. The way I feel about things, I mean. And by things I mean boys and girls... I should really get my point across faster with this thing. MOVING ON!!

The point I'm trying to make is how I feel about others in sexual ways. I'm 15, I watch porn from time to time. Since I've moved in with the Luis' it's been there. So now, almost 2 years later, I've started to notice I'm looking at boys.

I never looked at anyone when I was at the orphanage. I was kinda a loner, always by myself. Now that I've grown in confidence I'm noticing people... mostly boys.

Sex ed. kinda helped for me to determine what's happening... but not completely. I still don't know if I like girls or not. Whatever, I'll find out one day.

 

For Wyatt that one day would happen sooner than he thought. In the final weeks of his tenth grade school year, there would be talk of creating a GSA in the school.

The school had everything necessary but the required number of students. They had a sponsoring teacher and a plan, they just needed numbers.

So for a school assembly one day the topic was brought forth by the principle, Mrs. Bells. “The final thing to bore you with today is the the potential GSA club coming to the school next year.” The crowd's attention was definitely focused on other things. “Does anyone know what a GSA is?

Many people raised their hands. Wyatt was one of them. ”Mr. Luis.”

“A GSA is an acronym for Gay-Straight Alliance. It's meant to attempt to remove homophobia from its target audience.”

Mrs. Bells nodded her head. “Yes. Thank you Wyatt for your spot on answer. I would like to believe that homophobia doesn't exist in my school, but I would be kidding myself. People are bullied every day for being gay and it's the leading cause for deaths of youth in our country.

“I would like to start a GSA to show to those who do feel this way that it is okay to feel what you feel. If I know one thing, it's that everyone deserves to be loved, and this is my way of showing that.

“Since this school has never done anything like this before, I have asked someone who has to come by. My speaker has taken part in the creation of a GSA at his high school and graduated two years ago. I hope that with his help our GSA can be as successful as his. Please welcome Gage Bells, my nephew, to the stage.”

There was the ceremonial clap to welcome someone to the stage and then the theatre went quiet. Gage took the microphone and walked to the edge of the stage and hung his legs over it. “I hate these kinds of things to be honest. Talking in front of people, who likes that?

“Anyways, I'm not here for that. As my Aunt just told you I'm Gage Bells, graduated last year, helped form a GSA in my school. I'm also Bi-sexual and have the best boyfriend on the planet.”

There were a couple of snickers throughout the crowd. “My sister actually did what your teachers have done here for you. They have set up everything; you just need to sign up. I know there's the whole 'if you join, you're gay' stereotype, but that's not true. To show their support, my best friends joined the GSA at my school, and they are straight as an arrow.

“I know some of you will be turned off from this club and that's fine. But I encourage any of you who feel this club could do something to just say you'll sign up. We just need enough names to go 'people are interested, it's a go!'

“Lastly, if you have any questions for me, I will answer them. As long as they aren't too personal. I'll stick around in the theatre for a bit. I have to check out your sound board anyways.”

Gage handed Mrs. Bells back the mic and ran up the aisle to the booth. “Thank you Gage, You are all dismissed, and like always, club sign ups will be next week. Thank you for your time!” Most of the children were cleared by the time she finished speaking.

Wyatt, sitting in the middle of a row of seats, waited patiently for his time to move out of the theatre. As he made his way to the exit, someone called out, “Mr. Luis!” He turned to the sound and noticed it came from the speaker, Gage Bells.

“Yes?” Wyatt walked up to the window of the booth.

Gage smiled and scratched the back of his head, “Sorry I didn't know how else to get your attention. What's your name?”

“Wyatt Luis. You're Gage Bells right?”

Gage nodded, “Yep, I came down here to check out some schools in the area. I've been staying with my aunt, your principle. You had a pretty good answer about GSAs.”

“Thank you.”

“How do you feel about GSAs? From first look it appears that only two types of people join them: people who are out and proud or serious advocates on the subject. But that's not entirely true.”

“GSAs can do one of two things off the top of my head. In a good environment they offer a sort of safe haven for kids to go and talk to others who are supportive or going through the same things. In a negative environment it could lead to even worse treatment of its members and worsening the situation.”

“I like your answer.” Wyatt smiled at the older boy. Something about his youthful presence made it easier to talk to him over an adult. “How would your friends and/or family feel if you joined such a club?”

“My friends would probably join with me, to be honest. My family... I would like to think they would be proud I joined it...” Wyatt went off into thought. Trying to find a for sure answer.

Gage exited the booth and sat down with Wyatt in the audience, “What kind of family do you have?”

Wyatt rolled his eyes, “An adopted one. I'm adopted.”

Gage was caught off guard by the answer Wyatt gave him. “Well I can cross that off my list. 'Meet an adopted kid'.” Wyatt giggled. “Glad you found that funny and not offensive.”

Wyatt shook his head. “If you helped form a GSA you wouldn't try to be offensive to anyone. At least I would hope so.”

“Fair point. I would hope the same.” Gage looked at the younger boy. “What grade are you in?”

“Ten.”

“A year younger than my little brother.” Gage nodded to himself. “Well, I think I've taken enough of your time. I'll leave you with just one last thing: Don't waste your youth in fear of anything. You'll regret it in the years to come.” Gage smiled and went off.

Wyatt sat there for a moment before heading to his locker. Lunch was already in full force. Wyatt thought to himself as he went to his locker and grabbed his lunch. He thought of Gage's final words. How they felt like they were from first hand experience. Not his...but like he had witnessed these actions. It was food for thought in his mind.

 

From Wyatt's Notes:

From Gage's words... I had to tell people I'm into guys... I just had to. So I started with Alex, Owen and Meagan.

It happened the weekend before exams at Meagan's. We were studying for the exams... or what you could call four teenagers in a room studying.

We were taking one of our frequent study breaks and I just blurted out, “I think I'm into guys...” Alex's face shot up and looked at me, “What?”

“Did you really just say that?”

I shrugged. “Ya sure why not?”

I looked around the room. Everyone had a different reaction. Alex was surprised, Meagan looked ready to tackle/hug me and Owen looked like he heard old news.

Meagan did end up tackling me. “WYATT, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE!?” Everyone burst out laughing. “I've always wanted a gay best friend.”

I rolled my eyes, “I didn't say I was gay. I said I was into guys.”

She smacked my shoulder, “Same shit different pile!”

I looked over at Owen who hadn't given a response yet. He looked back and rolled his eyes, “I really couldn't care less how you feel towards any sex. Just take a note that I'm not into guys.”

I couldn't help but giggle. “It's okay, you're not my type anyways.” And then I stuck out my tongue. He returned the gesture.

Stage one complete... Stage two commence?

 

From Talon's Notes:

It was just another day at dinner when it happened. It was a couple of days after that Gage kid showed up and started helping the staff and some kids set up the GSA. Wyatt had been helping with it, kinda.

I guess I should have seen it coming but I didn't. Mom had asked Wyatt why he'd been staying after school the past couple of days. He'd stayed to the point of ordering himself food, so Mom was interested.

“I've been working with some teachers and students to start up a GSA next year.” He quickly took a bite of the chicken we were having for dinner.

Mom and Dad smiled, “Well, I didn't know you were that supportive of gays.”

Caitlyn piped in, “What is 'gays'?”

Dad answered, “Being gay is when you have feelings for the same gender as yourself. Usually boys have feelings for girls and vice versa. That is called being heterosexual or straight. Having feelings for both boys and girls, Bisexual. Finally having feelings for only the same gender, Gay or Homosexual.”

Caitlyn looked at Dad slightly confused. “So instead of 'liking' girls like normal boys, gays like other boys?”

Dad nodded. “It's normal to have feelings for someone. It's not any less human to have feelings for the same gender or supporting it.”

Caitllyn looked confused yet again, but less so. Kayla stepped in to explain to her, “People who like the same gender are often criticized for their preference. Churches and Government sometimes say it's abnormal and makes you less of a human being.”

“So if I liked to play with G.I. Joes that would be weird to them?”

“Sure, that works.”

Caitlyn smiled. “Thanks Kayla.” She looked over at Wyat. “You can like boys all you want, Wyatt. I'll still love you.”

Wyatt smiled and swallowed his food. “Thank Caitlyn... but I don't think I'm gay...” That made Caitlyn blush, “But I could be bi.”

That got the entire table silent for a few moments. Mom broke the silence, “What makes you think that Wyatt?”

“I notice boys as much or greater than I notice girls. I might not be; it might just be a phase or something.” Wyatt was trying to make it sound like he'll get over it. Though he knew wasn't getting over it anytime soon.

Dad caught him on it too. “Wyatt, we don't care if it stops or if you end up falling in love with another boy. We will love you nonetheless. Now lets continue eating, There's a hockey game on tonight and I'm not missing it.”

That got a laugh about and dropped the conversation. Wyatt came out to the family and it didn't do anything huge. It was a 'okay, we got hockey on later lets hurry and eat.' and that’s it.

You never know how lucky you are until you find out how unlucky some people are. Maybe this will be the pressure I need to come out to Mom and Dad... maybe... just maybe.

Chapter end.

LE(Life's Expectations) sadly will not be making it onto Gay Authors. I feel, as it is my first story, to stay true and respectful to it's roots. Nifty will be the only site online where you'll be able to read it. If you are interested in it though here is a link: www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/highschool/lifes-expectations/

 

Copyright 2013 Kuragari129; All Rights Reserved!
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Glad Wyatts' family is so supportive.

"You never know how lucky you are until you find out how unlucky some people are." Neat thought, like it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..