Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,982 Words
  • 2,010 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Where Life Takes Us - 11. Chapter 11 - Paper Son

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But what happens when they are bad lemons? Wyatt and Owen are about to get some bad lemons to work with.

16 Years ago

 

Vivian Sauve, barely fifteen years of age, went out for her birthday. She went to a friend's, who had gotten her parents to supply the teenagers with alcohol. Little did Vivian realize that night would change her life.

Her boyfriend at the time, Bran Fouse, also attended the party. Late in the night the two drunken teenagers made their way to a guest bedroom. In the morning they realized they had unprotected sex.

A few weeks went by and Vivian started to feel a lack of energy. When she finally came around to buying a pregnancy test it was almost three weeks after her birthday. The test came up positive.

She called Bran shortly after. “Bran...”

Ignorantly Bran spoke, “Hey babe, what's up?”

She breathed in and stated bluntly, “I'm pregnant.”

Bran hung up the phone instantly. A few minutes went by and there was a knock at her door. Just seconds later Bran was in her room. “You're kidding right?!” She showed him the test result. “Shit! This has to be a joke, right?”

Vivian started to tear up. “I would never say this to you if it wasn't true.”

The two stayed together and discussed their game plan. When Vivian's parents came home they told them. The group of them then made their way to Bran's home and informed his parents of the news.

The two teenagers decided they would put their child up for adoption. They would hand the child over shortly after birth to the local orphanage.

The nine months passed slowly for all parties. When the date finally arrived, Vivian was rushed to the hospital. After five hours in labour a baby boy joined the lives of the fifteen-year-old couple.

Vivian and Bran each had only a few minutes to hold the baby boy. The doctor looked over at the couple, “What is his name?”

“Wyatt.” Bran nodded and Vivian continued, “His name is Wyatt.”

The baby was then taken out of the room. She stayed a couple of days in the hospital for the baby's sake. Vivian went home the same day Wyatt went to the orphanage.

Falling back into school, Bran and Vivian always thought of Wyatt. He never left their thoughts.

 

Present Day

From Wyatt's Notes:

 

Seeing my parents really hit me in the face. It was just in the moment that would devastate me the most. Right when I started to feel comfortable at home, the rug got swiped from underneath me.

Grandpa had just gotten over his cancer. Caitlyn had done her presentation about me, and Kayla actually spoke to me directly. I was definitely more at home.

Now, to put everything into overdrive I had my own personal problems. I had Meagan, Owen and Alex all having problems, in some way.

Meagan... I didn't know what it was, but I just don't feel anything. Like, she looks the same way, kinda... but I don't know, She is cute but that's where my liking ended. She was just pretty.

Then there's Alex and his issues. He's been a little bit sadder than usual. It's probably because I wasn't doing anything with him. I think Alex has super feelings for me.

Then Owen he had something... Something I just couldn't figure out. There was something up with him. The red eyes before swimming and his overall character. Just something...

So I think I'm going to talk to Meagan tomorrow... Just maybe...

 

A week after Wyatt's biological parents showed up, Wyatt had seemed to store the event in the back of his mind. He had something more important to do.

Wyatt walked up to Meagan shyly. “Meagan can we talk in private?”

“Sure, Wy guy! What's up?”

Wyatt walked over to the corner of the cafeteria. “I think...” His eyes were towards the floor.

She tilted her head to see his eyes. He looked away. “We should just be friends?” He nodded. “I couldn't agree more. We have been dating for a few months, but... it just feels like were friends. So lets call it quits before either of us get hurt.”

Wyatt smiled. “Thanks...”

“No problem. We each have our own problems to deal with right now.” Wyatt looked at her questioningly. “What is that look for?”

“Do you know?”

“Talon told everyone when we asked why you missed school. We've kept our mouth shut about it though.”

“I'm gonna kill him.” Wyatt gave a death glare to the general direction he thought Talon was in. “Anyways. Ya that was a bad day.”

“Just remember, I'm here if you need me!” Meagan skipped away leaving Wyatt in the corner all alone smiling.

 

After school, at home, Wyatt confronted Talon, “You told them?”

Talon had an apologetic look on his face. “I couldn't think of a good enough lie to convince Zaine. He knows when I'm lying and calls me out on it.”

“So I should blame Zaine?”

Talon shook his head, “No, blame me. I didn't tell anyone else, and we were outside by ourselves. I swear no one else knows!”

Wyatt gave his little brother a hug. “It's okay. Thanks for saying it, anyways.” Talon hugged him back.

“So you and Meagan broke up?”

Wyatt sighed. “Mutually.”

Talon threw himself onto his bed. “Oh well. I guess it's for the better right?”

“Ya...” Though they had mutually split up, Wyatt still felt bad for Meagan's first relationship being a bad one.

 

Mean-while across town, Owen was facing his own problems. His father had several people over who were enjoying themselves. Stuck in his room, Owen could hear the group of people downstairs clearly and was sure his neighbours could to.

Suddenly his phone went off. He received a text from Alex.

Alex – Hey what's up?

Owen – nm u?

Alex – Same sitting here bored... wanna hang out?

Owen – Cant dad has company over.

Alex – I meant out of our houses, silly.

Owen – Uhhh give me a few minutes to sneak off.

Alex – Okay! I'll meet you at the park.

 

Owen made his was out his bedroom window and down the side of his house. He wouldn't be able to get back in that way but it was an easy out avoiding all the smoke and the 'idiots' downstairs.

He made his way to the park and saw Alex sitting on a swing. “Hey, what are we gonna do?”

Alex shrugged, “I just thought being bored together would be better than alone.”

Owen smiled, “Ya, I guess you're right there.”

 

From Owen's Notes:

When I left my house, I had this gut feeling. It was telling me that I was leaving for a better reason than I had given it. That hanging with Alex wasn't my real reason.

I mean Alex and I were good friends. We cured each others boredness in only a couple minutes. We always had a good time together. We hung out every few days.

It's just... something felt off. It might have been the pot smoke that made it's way into my room. It could have been my raging headache. It could have been anything really. The thing is though... that feeling never went away.

Me and Alex spent almost thee hours running about just having a good time, before we went home. We lived in opposite directions from the park so we parted ways.

When I got home it was... well bad. There were cops in front and inside my house. When I asked one of them what was going on all they said was, “Move along kid. You don't need to be here.”

“Actually...” I started to say when he looked at me again. He waited for me to finish. The disappointment of my words were very noticeable as I spoke, “I live here, sir.”

The cop looked at me. “Owen Grant?” I nodded. “Do you have any ID on you?” I showed him my student ID. “I see... Can you wait here for a moment?”

“Yes Sir, I wont leave.” He walked off towards my house. Well I guess it wouldn't be my house anymore.

 

While Owen was out with Alex his father was busted for several crimes: the possession of marijuana and cocaine, the growth of Marijuana, and the use of illegal drugs. Currently residing in a cell at the police station Josh Grant had no idea where his son had gone.

The officer Owen spoke to earlier came out with another officer, who appeared to be higher in the ranks. The new officer offered his hand to Owen. “Hello Mr. Grant, My name is Detective Brodie. I am the one who is in charge of your father's investigation.”

Owen shook his hand. “So I guess that means my dad is in jail right now?”

“Sadly yes. For now I do not have the authority to let you into your home. Is there anywhere you could stay for the time being?” Owen thought about it for a moment. “Family or friends?”

“I might be able to. What about my cloths and school books though?”

The detective looked at the officer. “Find Owen all of his school supplies and enough cloths for a week or so.” Turning his attention to Owen, he took out a pen and a note pad and handed them to Owen. “Write down everything that you may need for the time being. Any kind of medication that you need write that down.”

Owen's list was small. He wrote down all of his school supplies that were in his room, a stuffed animal that was on his bed, and his pillow. He handed the list to the officer, who went into the house to find Owen's requests and clothing.

The detective looked at Owen. “So have you thought of somewhere you can stay?”

Owen nodded his head. “Yes sir.”

“Good, I will be escorting you there. I will explain the situation to them. Do you need to call them first?”

“Yes sir.” Owen took out his phone and dialled a number.

Owen had went over everything in his head. Without any family in town, or close enough to school for him to stay with he had to ask a friend. He thought about phoning Alex but he knew his dad wouldn't let it happen. Meagan was a girl and her parents probably wouldn't let it happen. Wyatt was the first option that seemed viable.

Kenneth answered the phone, “Hello...”

“Hey, Mr. Luis I have to ask you something.” Knowing that something he had hidden for a long time was about to come out into the open, Owen's emotions were not in check.

Kenneth's voice was calm as he spoke, “Owen calm down. How can I help you?”

“I need a place to stay for a little while. I don't have any family close enough to school to stay with them. I was wondering if I could stay with you guys.” Butterflies had entered Owen stomach. He knew the unwanted question was about to be asked.

“Will it be explained why you have to stay away from home when you get here?”

“Yes sir.”

“When will you be over?”

“Soon, sir.”

“I will see you then.” Kenneth hung up the phone.

Owen sighed and looked at the detective, “Everything is set up then?” He asked Owen, who nodded. “Okay, where are we going?”

Owen told the detective Wyatt and Talon's address. The officer brought out everything that was needed for Owen and they were on their way to the Luis household.

Owen's stomach had never had butterflies like this before. He was about to get hit by a massive bus in his head. Everyone would know about his life. Everyone would know how much of a failure he was. These were the thoughts of a soon to be 15 year old.

Chapter end.

Tell me what you think of the story so far! I'd love to know what you think!
Copyright 2013 Kuragari129; All Rights Reserved!
  • Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey, sorry I haven't bothered to comment sooner. It actuallu took me a while to warm to this story. I'm one of those people who once I start reading something I'll try and finish it even if I don't particularly enjoy it. Only if I absolutely hate something will I quit reading. I've slowly stumbled my way through chapter after chapter before coming to the realization that I don't actually mind this story. I can't say it's great but it's definitely ok. I'll continue reading and see how it goes. 

I feel bad for Owen. But he wasn't in a very good situation and bad things could have happened. I think it's much better that he's away from that drug environment. His father deserves to be in jail for dealing with that rubbish but more importantly for exposing his son to it. And to think he had a good job working with Kenneth so shouldn't have needed to be invloved with drugs. Hopefully things will work out much better for Owen.

Also hope Wyatt gets the chance to talk to Alex and help him overcome his feelings of rejection and abandonment.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..