Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 961 Words
  • 2,301 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Where Life Takes Us - 21. Epilogue

The end of one tale, and the beginning of another.

From Wyatt's Notes:

I never would have guessed that life would end up like it did. Everyone was so grateful for us. They were happy we were happy.

Sure, we got our fair share of “it's unnatural for brothers” slack but we took it in stride. Talon and I would be together for as long as we loved each other. I hope that's a long time.

 

“Reading those damn notes again?” A 25 year old Talon looked over a 26 year old Wyatt's shoulder.

“It shows me how we met, I like reading them.”

Over the past 10 years, Wyatt and Talon had found their way through high school and into adult life. Wyatt went to school for teaching and now teaches at the orphanage he grew up in. Talon is still currently in law school.

“You have to be at work in twenty minutes.” Talon said handing Wyatt his breakfast.

“Ya, I know, I really should get going.”

Talon snuck in a kiss and smiled. “Have a good day at work. I'll be home late from school.”

Wyatt returned the kiss to Talon's cheek. “Any tests?”

“Just one...”

“Good luck!” Talon giggled as Wyatt got up to finish getting ready.

To everyone their being brothers by law was nothing. Though they never planned on getting married, they lived together like they were. They were okay with not ever getting married. It looked like a lot of money for nothing to them.

As Wyatt was leaving he stopped at a photo of their Grandfather, Nicholas. Talon noticed. “He's happy for us.”

Wyatt sighed. “You keep saying that... but how can you be sure?”

“Because all he wants for us is to be happy, and we are.” With a smile Wyatt left for work.

Arriving with five minutes to spare there was already a boy waiting at the door to his classroom. “Kyle, you're early as always.”

“I wanted to make sure I was getting what you taught us last week.”

Kyle was one of a set of eleven year old twins who refused to leave each other. After about ten minutes Wyatt was convinced Kyle understood everything.

“I think you got it Kyle. How's Even with all this?”

He shrugged, “He sucks at it. Maths is not his strong suit.”

Wyatt shook his head. “Of course.” They shared a laugh as Wyatt went to a more serious note. “Any news on adoption of you two?”

Wyatt was a common person for both Kyle and Even to talk to. This was not an unusual question towards either of them.

“Someone wanted me last week... but not Even. They lived five hours away from here.”

“That's not too far...”

Kyle shook his head, “Too far away for me. It could be even farther away once Even gets adopted. He's really shy and he'll get scared without me here.”

“You go out and play a game with everyone. I have some things to do. I'll see you in a half an hour.”

“Okay Mr. Luis! Thanks again.”

The moment Kyle left the room Wyatt took out his phone and called a familiar number. “How's Wyatt today?” came the voice on the phone.

“Hey Dad. I'm good today, just finished helping Kyle again.”

"He comes in there everyday doesn't he?”

“Ya, he does...” Wyatt looked at a piece of paper on his desk. “It appears all I need is three signatures and they'll be able to stay together.”

“Which three do you need for that?”

“Mine, Talon's and yours. Since you are the one supplying the money to Talon until he graduates in a few months. Then you're hiring him right out of school, right?”

“Of course I am. Why wouldn't I? He better be ready for that, though.” They shared a laugh. “What you're doing for those boys is more than a gift to them.”

“I, more than anyone, know that. I just hope we get approved.”

The smile could be heard over the phone. “Well, I spoke to them last night, You are getting those boys and they aren't being told until it's finalized. And don't worry, we are going to pay for everything to get them settled into your home.”

“Thank you so very much. Not just from me or Talon but from Kyle and Even.”

With a chuckle Kenneth spoke, “Get to work!” and hung up the phone.

In the next few weeks, the adoption of Kyle and Even was finalized and after a day at school the news was told to them by Wyatt himself.

“Kyle, Even come here.” The final bell had just gone off and they were about to head off.

They came over to Wyatt's desk, “Yes, Mr. Luis?”

Wyatt shook his head, “That is not my name.” Both boys looked at each other confused. He handed the boys each a piece of paper. “You can call me Wyatt or Dad now.”

They quickly looked down at the paper in their hands, verifying the adoption. Talon popped his head into the room, “Welcome to our home Kyle and Even Luis!”

Tears started to fall from both boys. They were overwhelmed by the news. They were speechless.

Then Kenneth Luis walked into the room. “Now boys, save those tears for later. For now, it's time we go and get some new clothes and things for your rooms.”

Even wiped his tears away and gave Wyatt as big of a hug as an eleven-year-old could. “Thank you!” He continued to cry into Wyatt.

Kyle stood by rubbing his brother's back. “See Even, I told you we'd stay together.”

And that was a start of another chapter in the lives of Wyatt and Talon Luis. One that... is meant to be told at another time.

Story End.

I don't have anything for Kyle and Even. This is the end of Wyatt and Talon's adventures.

I'd like to thank Jaro_423 and alishead for their time and efforts in editing the mess that was the story's grammar and punctuation.

Keep an eye out for more stories from me! More are on their way!

Copyright 2013 Kuragari129; All Rights Reserved!
  • Like 8
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loved the ending....or beginning. Thanks for the story, I'm currently reading Life's Expectations just because Gage Bell perked my interest. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..