Jump to content

Special Circumstances

   (9 reviews)

Jamie, mischievously called Leon by his colleagues, is a mid-twenties police officer in London Enfield who loves his job. Having been unlucky with previous relationships, he is scared about his feelings for a new Special Constable who joins his shift, Mike.

This becomes only one of his problems when an unusual encounter with a suspect leaves him with more questions than answers, putting Jamie into the heart of a secret reaching deep into the UK government and on a path of self discovery.

Copyright © 2024 lawfulneutralmage; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (28 members)

  • Action Packed 23
  • Addictive/Pacing 23
  • Characters 25
  • Chills 15
  • Cliffhanger 16
  • Compelling 23
  • Feel-Good 13
  • Humor 15
  • Smoldering 14
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 21
  • World Building 13

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

kbois

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This story has a bit of everything if you enjoy the suspense/thriller genre. Which I do!

Great plot with some unusual twists and turns. A few well-placed cliffhangers- my favorite thing when I'm writing- but not when I'm reading, as well as intrigue and of course some romance. 

I'm definitely looking forward to more adventures with Jamie and friends. 

Thanks for a great story!

Response from the author:

Thank you! It was a pleasure cliffing you :heart:

  • Love 10
Link to review
drsawzall

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

At the risk of sounding like a broken record or parroting previous reviews, this tale of policing has just about everything, including  bits at the kitchen sink. 

This story is another fine example of why this story site is one of the best out there for the quality of the stories presented to the reading public.

Take a moment, read the other reviews, and get cracking on a tale so intriguing, you'll be binging!!

Response from the author:

Thank you!

Good things are worth repeating. I would not have started writing if it was not for this supportive community.

  • Like 1
  • Love 10
Link to review
akascrubber

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

I agree with all the supportive comments of this story so far.  The story and the characters are interesting and you can picture them in your mind. They are true to type as they plot unfolds in surprising, plot twisting ways. Some make you want to grind your teeth. Our hero Jamie grows, handles his tests and become much more capable while finding ways to carefully discuss his supernatural activites with his boyfriend, Mike. The boyfriends have lots of terrific sex and stay committed.The last chapter ends showing ways that more came be written and enjoyed. What is past can be prologue as Shakespeare wrote.

Response from the author:

Wow, thank you!

  • Like 1
  • Love 10
Link to review
Cane23

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Combination of 'normal' and 'paranormal' in this story, brings unique fusion of reality and adventure. 

This is a police story with fantastic insider view of procedures, rules, actions, trainings, communications and hierarchy of UK police dpt. It is also a love story between two strong, independent, stoic and intelligent guys. With dash of high politics and serious questions of ethics and morality, making right choices in unusual circumstances, @lawfulneutralmagewrap the story in witty, sarcastic English humor. 

The journey of Jamie aka Leon will leave you breathless asking for more! 

Response from the author:

Thank you! Glad it came across!

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
MichaelS36

· Edited by MichaelS36

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

I don't believe I can add much to what other reviewers have said. However, I want to mention that I enjoyed the accurate portrayal of the police and their procedures. These were very well done and correct. 

This story is a journey of faith, morality, discovery and love.  Jamie goes through highs and lows but does not stray off the path he's destined to walk. 

I highly recommend.  

Response from the author:

Thank you! It is always best to describe something one knows well.

  • Love 10
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Riveting.

This story has everything you can ask for love, morality, adventure, twists and turns, and a good ending. Jamie finds a new loving partner, several surprises, and characters who teach and challenge him.

Read this, and you'll be cheering Jamie on and perhaps asking yourself the same hard questions Jamie finds he needs to answer.

Don't miss this story. I hope we'll hear a lot more from this author.

Response from the author:

Thank you! If you help out editing, you might :)

  • Love 10
Link to review
drown

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

I read this story as it was posted, staying on the edge of my seat after every chapter. As 2024 began, it started as my new favorite story of the year, and I’m glad I can say that it stayed true to that promise.

This is a most interesting mix of police procedure and the paranormal—not a spoiler by the way, please read the genres. 😬 Every single character fulfills their arc admirably, so it all leaves you very satisfied in the end, no matter the outcome.

This is excellent writing, good pacing, and will remain one of my favorite stories, I’m sure of it.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much!

He's still not telling :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
Doha

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Special Circumstances is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I started reading it as it was approaching its final chapters and I couldn't help myself - I just had to go to the next chapter. 

A riveting tale of intrigue, love, action and the supernatural. Don't miss this one. 

Response from the author:

Thank you! I am very happy that it was captivating!

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A totally riveting story which combines paranormal, suspense and thriller altogether.

We join Jamie a.k.a Leon a police officer in London, who develops feelings for Mike, a special constable after they spend time working together.

But we not only have two strong characters who discover love, we have the police, throw in some politics and add the paranormal.

We find ourselves with a damn good story full of intrigue and mystery.

There are some interesting people apart from Jamie and Mike to meet in this story.

But you need to read this masterpiece yourself, that's full of witty English humour.

 

Response from the author:

Thank you! High praise!

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..