Jump to content
    Lux Apollo
  • Author
  • 1,134 Words
  • 2,440 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Marvel Comics <br>

Running for Home - 8. August 25, 2021

August 25, 2021

 

 

 

Well, I should be sleeping but I can’t. It’s funny, considering how much vodka we consumed tonight. I blame Pete. But yeah, I should be passed out, stone cold. Too many things to think about, though. Too many stories. Too much gossip I thought I wouldn’t care to hear, but found myself enjoying more than I care to admit.

So Piotr and Kitty broke up for the last time about six years ago. Finally. I always said that the two of them together was a disaster waiting to happen. And I guess it happened. Repeatedly. Meh is all I have to say to that. Anyway, Kitty’s in England or something, working for some hero group there. She’s also sleeping with someone almost fifteen years older than we are, which seemed to make Pete bristle a bit. She also may or may not have been sleeping with this guy for a long while before she and Piotr made one last attempt at making things work. At least, he made an attempt. In hindsight, Piotr can’t help but wonder if she was just biding her time until the English guy – another Peter, actually – got over his cold feet about the age gap. It’s pretty clear to me that Pete’s not 100% over her, but he seemed pretty damn certain when he said that even should she come begging he’d never take her back. Not now. Between a lot of the general shit she’s pulled with him over the years, and in particular her drama about the two years when he lived with Magneto’s Acolytes but didn’t actually do any fighting, he was done.

What’s really interesting, though, is who Pete’s dating now: the economics teacher. The male economics teacher. A French Canadian guy named Jean Marc or Jean Luc or something. Speedster/flyer. He’s apparently visiting his sister and some friends up in the Great White North today but will be back some time tomorrow. Apparently it only takes him about 3 minutes to get here if he doesn’t care about incinerating his clothing. Pete said with deadpan sarcasm that we’d probably get along horribly because we’re both snarky, cynical gay men. Hardy har har.

Oh yeah, he’d asked me at some point earlier in the night if I was seeing anyone, and I just gave a noncommittal response about taking some time off after a messy breakup earlier in the summer. That admission got a raised eyebrow and a bit of a wistful smile. I should probably ask Pete about that reaction some day, but meh. I didn’t want to talk about Dom or much of anything from my life over the past few years.

Pete said that the two of them hooking up is a relatively recent thing, since it took Pete a while to work up the courage to ask. Apparently Jean-whatever had a thing for Bobby that everyone but Bobby seemed to know about, and it took him a good while to get over it when it became abundantly clear it would never work out. Sounding familiar? Well, in my case I doubt anyone who wasn’t a telepath knew how I felt, but still…

Fuck, whatever. Apparently Bobby hasn’t really dated anyone seriously since Marie ran off with that Gambit retard fifteen years ago. He’d been away from the school for about eight years now because he’d become increasingly unhappy with his life and needed a change. Piotr said he still came by to visit once in a blue moon, but had generally disconnected himself from the School unless the X-men were absolutely desperate for help. Pete said he and Jean-Paul and a few others like Sam went in to the city to visit him a few times a year. Pete didn’t think that Bobby had found whatever it was he’d been looking for, not yet. Not with his ‘normal’ job and his ‘normal’ life as an accountant working for a big firm in New York City.

Actually, Pete seemed to think Bobby’s become more than a little bitter and angry with the world, especially since he left. Piotr kind of gave me this look like I give a fuck. I seriously don’t know why he would think I would care or would do something about it. I mean, seriously? I plan on doing my utmost to avoid spending any time anywhere near the dickface. So whatever his problems may be, Bobby can go fuck himself. If he’s too stupid to date people that actually work with his personality and/or actually fucking care about him, then it’s his own problem. And if he’s too stupid to date at all for a decade and a half, well…

Whatever.

Pete seemed to have something else he wanted to say, but I didn’t want to talk about Boyscout Bobby anymore so we just shot the shit about a few other people on staff and then traded some war stories. Well, ones I was allowed to share, anyway.

Apparently I was right about Xi’an. She has mellowed out, which according to Pete happened after she finally decided that, yes, she liked eating pussy. A lesbian librarian. Now there’s a fucking gay stereotype if I’ve ever seen one. Her, Jean-whatever and I will sure make a fucking trio: the lezzy librarian, the rich, snobby circuit boy and the starving, tortured writer. I guess Pete will be our token bi guy. Hopefully they don’t try to drag me into some LGBTQ support group bullshit for our students. I’m not cut out for that, nor am I and my disaster of a high school career the type of role model any of these kids should be following.

I’m sure J– JP? Yeah, it was Jean Paul. Anyway, I’m sure he and Xi’an will be fine doing that shit on their own. JP is apparently popular like a rockstar up in Canada, and filthy rich too. Rich enough to start some foundation up that gives support to homeless and abused queer Canadian kids. Can’t fault him for making good decisions with his money and investing, I guess. Pete says it was all his own money to begin with, windfall from a class-action lawsuit against a government run orphanage, or something like that. I don’t remember exactly what, now. Regardless, it wasn’t some trust fund. The way Piotr skirted around the issue of what the lawsuit was about meant that it had to be something pretty horrible. Abused orphan becomes rich philanthropist? Who would have thought! Still doesn’t really explain why the fuck he’s here teaching economics, though. God, it better not have been all about Drake. That would be too pathetic.

Anyway, I’m gonna call it a night. Maybe jerk off or something, that should help me fall asleep anyway.

 
© 1963-2022 Marvel Comics, Walt Disney Company; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2017 Lux Apollo; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to Marvel Comics <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

If I read between the lines, John is tripping up de Nile. Bobby still gets to him in the worst way. Methinks he does protest too much. Sounds like Bobby is pining/looking for something too, and Peter has a good idea what it is. I t appears both guys run hot and cold hehe. Sorry... couldn't resist. Great advancement of the story... I'm getting a better idea of where things are at... I expect some fireworks soon... or maybe a flood :) . Cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Bobby haunts John, doesn't he? But the mere fact turns on all the nasty sarcasm John can muster. Interesting to see the romantic attachments at school on display, like a map. How do the teachers have time for all that?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/3/2016 at 1:22 PM, Headstall said:

If I read between the lines, John is tripping up de Nile. Bobby still gets to him in the worst way. Methinks he does protest too much. Sounds like Bobby is pining/looking for something too, and Peter has a good idea what it is. I t appears both guys run hot and cold hehe. Sorry... couldn't resist. Great advancement of the story... I'm getting a better idea of where things are at... I expect some fireworks soon... or maybe a flood :) . Cheers... Gary...

 

 

On 1/19/2017 at 6:21 PM, Parker Owens said:

Bobby haunts John, doesn't he? But the mere fact turns on all the nasty sarcasm John can muster. Interesting to see the romantic attachments at school on display, like a map. How do the teachers have time for all that?

 

 

John is definitely haunted by the past, and Bobby is part of that. He's someone John has done his damnedest to block out, for a lot of reasons... To answer your question, Parker, it's part of the whole everybody living together situation that they have at Xavier's. Most of the faculty have living quarters on campus, and definitely all of those that are X-men. I'm sure to one extent or another they try to keep their romantic situations out of the school dynamics, but these things tend to spill over no matter what you are doing - I definitely saw some of that at my own high school, and it wasn't this kind of boarding school either!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Lots of nice gossip to chew on here. And I agree about the Nile. :lol: 

 

Definitely. He has his reasons, though. Lots of shame.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/22/2017 at 5:13 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Now this older peter wouldn't happen to have the surname of Quill would he?

No, this is Pete Wisdom from Excalibur, the British superhero group.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..