Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Concrete - 10. Payback

After Jamie left with the drugs, Adam headed to the bus stop to get Harper.

The road through the trailer park was old and covered in potholes. Adam walked right down the middle, avoiding the rocky shoulder.

Halfway down the drive, a fat lady pushing a kid in a stroller emerged from one of the trailers and followed behind him. Adam figured she was one of the parents.

They walked all the way to the end of the drive, then stopped before the sidewalk. Adam checked the time on his phone. It was four minutes to three.

“Whose kid are you picking up?” the lady asked, pushing her red-faced baby back and forth to keep him occupied. “I’ve never seen you before.”

“Oh, I’m getting Jamie’s kid,” Adam said proudly. “I’m kind of helping him out. We’re friends.”

“I wondered where he was.” The lady smiled. “He’s always here for his daughter. He’s an awesome dad… where is he? Probation?”

“Er…” That was as good an excuse as any. “Yeah. And running some errands. But he’ll be back soon.”

“So, who are you? A friend from jail?”

“No.” Adam laughed. “I know him through Gordon.”

The lady’s eyes widened. “Are you staying with him?”

“Yes…”

“I heard some gossip that he had someone new,” the lady said, pushing her fussy baby. “I guess you must be the guy.”

Adam smiled tightly. He didn’t want people to think he was dating Gordon, but it seemed they’d already made up their minds. “Yeah. That’s me,” he said.

“Oh, how cute!” The lady beamed. “That last guy he was with was an asshole. I met him once.”

“I haven’t heard good things about my predecessors…”

“Shoot. Jamie had to chase the last guy out of the neighborhood,” the lady laughed. “It happened during the Fourth of July cookout. The boyfriend got drunk and snippy with everyone. Especially Gordon.”

Adam smiled. “That sounds like a funny story.”

“Yeah. You’ll have to ask Jamie about it sometime,” the lady said, sighing. “He’s the best.”

“Yeah. He is…” The bus appeared down the road, bumping along at a leisurely pace. Adam turned, the lady forgotten, and watched its approach.

The bus stopped and a handful of children climbed off. Harper was the last, and she was arguably the smallest, and the blondest. She crossed the street, then looked up and met Adam’s eyes with confusion.

“Adam?”

Adam crouched down to her level. “Hi, Harper. Your dad’s doing some errands for Gordon, so he sent me to pick you up.”

Harper quirked an eyebrow. “Errands? What kind of errands?”

“Well, Gordon just got a car, so Jamie’s using it to deliver some equipment to his friends. Just some old stuff Gordon had lying around the trailer.”

“He had a lot of stuff in there,” Harper said. “I wondered where it all went.”

“Most of it got thrown away. It was trash, but some of it was salvageable.”

“I’ve never actually been in Gordon’s trailer. Is that where you’re taking me? To Gordon’s?”

“That’s where your dad’s going to pick you up, so yeah. I guess so.”

“Cool. I’ve always wanted to go inside,” Harper said. “But my dad wouldn’t let me. He said it was too dirty.”

“Well it isn’t now that I’ve moved in,” Adam said, straightening and holding out his hand. “Come on. I’ll find something for us to snack on.”

Harper shyly took his hand.

Adam turned to the fat lady with the baby. She was busy with two other boys who looked slightly older than Harper, but she looked up and met Adam’s eyes.

“Nice meeting you,” he said earnestly. “Have a lovely afternoon.”

“Oh, you too.”

Adam and Harper began to walk.

“I like your hair,” Harper said suddenly. “It’s really cool.”

“Your dad took me to get it done at the plaza down the road,” Adam said, nodding over his shoulder. “I like it, too. The highlights especially.”

“Why did you get it done?” Harper asked, smiling knowingly. “Does it have something to do with my dad?”

“Well, I mean, he helped me pick out the style, but I would have needed to do it whether he was there or not.” Adam said, sliding his free hand through his new shortened locks. “I’ve had the same hair since freshman year. Figured it was time to change it up.”

“Okay. Are you dating my dad?” Harper asked, and Adam blinked in surprise.

“Uh… kinda?”

“I knew it,” Harper said, beaming. “I haven’t seen him text anybody in months. Now all of a sudden, he’s messaging you all the time.”

“Is that how you knew?”

“Well, I suspected, and then dad made it obvious when I asked about it and he started blushing,” Harper giggled. “He’s always so serious, I knew something was up.”

“He is rather serious, isn’t he?”

“Well, he is an ex-con,” Harper said. “Grandma told me jail changes people. He wasn’t always like this.”

Adam nodded. “I’m sure.”

“He’s been pretty down since my mom moved to Florida, too,” Harper said. “She said she just needed a break. But she sold everything and left me with grandma. I don’t think she’s coming back.”

Adam cringed. “He told me about that.”

“Yeah. She wasn’t even planning on taking me with her,” Harper said sadly. “I don’t think she likes me.”

“Don’t say that,” Adam said, squeezing Harper’s hand. “To be honest, I think you’re mom was just using your dad and she moved on to another guy. I don’t think it was personal.”

“She could have dated another guy in Ohio. She just wanted to get away from me,” Harper whispered and Adam stopped to listen to the girl. “Grandma says real moms don’t abandon their children, but my mom did.”

Adam sighed. The poor kid was traumatized. He crouched down again and took Harper’s shoulders. “I think your mom and your dad were having relationship issues, is all. I really don’t think she left because of you. Adults are complicated like that.”

“Yeah. I know my dad is complicated.”

“Well, your mom is too.

Harper was deep in thought. It was written all over her face.

“I never would have expected my dad to start dating another guy, but I’m kind of glad he is.”

“Why’s that?” Adam laughed.

“Because you seem nice.” Harper smiled. “And guys are just different from ladies…I have a good feeling about you.”

“Thanks.” Adam beamed, then he straightened up and took Harper’s hand again. “Now, listen, there’s something important I wanted to explain to you before we got to the house.”

“Okay.”

“Gordon doesn’t know your dad and I are seeing each other. It’s a huge secret.”

Harper nodded slowly. “My dad was saying something about that last night.”

“I only like Gordon as a friend and I don’t think he understands that just yet,” Adam said. “I don’t want him to find out and think I’m cheating on him.”

“So, I shouldn’t say anything about you and my dad while Gordon’s around?”

“Right.”

Harper looked toward the house. They were only a couple trailers away from it now. “It must be hard living with someone you have to lie to.”

“It is. But I don’t have anywhere else to go, so this is how it has to be for now,” Adam explained.

“But… what about your parents?”

“They don’t accept me because I’m gay, so I can’t live with them anymore,” Adam said, giving her the short answer. “They’re horrible people. At least I can be myself here.”

“Wow. That’s so sad.”

“I know it is,” Adam said grimly. “But it’s just reality.”

The two of them fell into silence as they approached the trailer. Adam led the way up to the porch, then opened the door and let Harper in.

The living room was empty, and Adam directed Harper to take a seat on the couch. “You can watch TV. The remote’s on the table.”

“Okay.” Harper bounced on the couch and grabbed the remote. She turned the screen on, and Adam felt confident leaving her to get something started in the kitchen.

He went to the fridge and opened it up. Besides the chicken parm debacle, he and Gordon had been getting all their meals from Door Dash, so the refrigerator was mostly empty. There was beer, sliced cheese, ketchup, butter, and some leftovers, the contents of which were a mystery.

Adam shut the door in disgust, then noticed a loaf of bread on top of the fridge. Brain whirling, he decided to make grilled cheese.

He got out the cheese and the butter, then found the plates and a pan to cook everything in. He set up the pan, then started making the sandwiches while a pad of butter sizzle over the heating stove.

Adam channeled his mother while he grilled up the sandwiches. Cooking them reminded him of being home sick from school, and his mom making him grilled cheese and tomato soup…

Adam made them a sandwich each, then washed up his mess and brought the food into the living room.

“Thanks,” Harper said, taking the plate with interest. “Looks good.”

“I’ve only made them once or twice before, so it was a gamble, but Gordon didn’t have anything else in the fridge,” Adam said, getting situated on the couch to eat. He took a bite and hummed. It was exactly like his mother’s. It was toasted to perfection.

Harper watched him eat with her head cocked to the side. “How old are you exactly?”

Adam felt no need to lie to the girl. “Seventeen,” he said.

“Oh, you’re younger than my dad.”

“Only six years,” Adam shrugged. “My mom’s almost ten years younger than my dad, but nobody bats an eye.”

“But, aren’t you still in school?”

“I dropped out,” Adam said casually. “It wasn’t for me.”

Harper laughed. “Why? Because you had to wake up extra early for the bus?”

“I didn’t take the bus, I walked, but even so, being up early was never the problem. It was the people.”

Harper stopped smiling. “Bullies?”

“Lots of bullies,” Adam said. “I was never popular. People always liked to tease me.”

“We have bullies in my school, too,” Harper said. “I stay away from them.”

“That’s probably a good idea,” Adam said. “Stay out of their way as much as possible so you can avoid being picked on.”

“But shouldn’t I try to stop them from picking on other kids?”

“No. Just worry about yourself,” Adam said. “Everyone else does.”

“That doesn’t sound very nice.”

“Maybe it isn’t, but I would hate to see you be a victim like I was all through school,” Adam said. “Its better to be popular.”

Slowly, Harper nodded.

They were just finishing their sandwiches when Jamie came through the door.

“Daddy!” Harper set her plate aside and rushed over to hug the man.

“Hey, kiddo.” Jamie took the girl in his arms. “What are you eating?”

“Grilled cheese. And it wasn’t burnt on one side like yours were last time,” Harper laughed.

“Those are so easy to burn.” Jamie shook his head, then set the girl aside and looked at Adam, smiling faintly. “Adam must have a lot of practice.”

“Not really,” Harper piped up. “He said he’s only made them two times before. Why are you dating someone who’s still in school, daddy?”

Jamie blinked. “Uh, well he’s not in school anymore.”

Harper looked at him seriously. “But he’s supposed to be.”

“There you are.” Gordon bustled down the hall, and Jamie looked up in a panic. “I’ve got two more for you. My phone is just blowing up!” He had baggies in his hand and Harper looked at them questioningly.

“Well, you need to turn it off after this, because these are the last ones I’m doing tonight,” Jamie growled. “I’ve got to take Harper home.”

Gordon finally seemed to notice the little blonde girl in the middle of the room, and he slid the baggies behind his back. “Let’s talk on the porch.”

“Good idea.”

Jamie and Gordon slid outside, leaving Harper and Adam with the TV. Calmly, Adam collected their dirty plates and took them to the kitchen sink.

“What is my dad delivering?” Harper asked, following Adam to the kitchen. “Drugs?”

Adam dropped the plates in the sink. “What?”

“Is my dad delivering drugs?”

Aghast, Adam turned to the girl with his mouth open. “H-how do you know that?”

Harper shrugged. “My dad told me once that Gordon sells drugs. That’s what was in those bags, right?”

Not knowing what else to do, Adam nodded. “Gordon kind of gave your dad a job. But you can’t tell anyone about it. Especially your grandma.”

“Why? Because it’s illegal?”

Again, Adam nodded.

“I don’t want my dad to get in trouble again,” Harper said, frowning. “I hated it when he was in jail.”

“Then keep this to yourself and don’t tell anyone,” Adam said, and he felt so guilty doing it. “This is really important.”

“I won’t tell anyone,” Harper said. “I promise.”

Adam smiled, then kindly brushed back Harper’s wild flyaways. “Why don’t you just go watch some TV. I’ll be back after I wash these.”

“Okay,” Harper said lightly, then she turned back for the living room.

Adam leaned over the sink, horrified by the conversation. Jamie was going to be so disappointed…

When he finished the dishes, Adam trailed back into the living room and sat beside the little blonde. She was watching cartoons, something Adam had never seen before, and he gazed at it sightlessly.

Behind them, the door opened, and Gordon came back into the house. He looked at the two children on his couch, shook his head, then turned to go back to his room.

“Is he mad at us?” Harper asked, watching the man disappear down the hallway.

“No. He’s uncomfortable. He doesn’t know how to handle kids.”

“Oh.”

Just then, Gordon’s yellow cat, Lucy, came into the room. She sat at the end of the hallway and licked her paw.

“Oh! I forgot he had kitties!” Harper said, spotting the animal at once. “How cute!”

“Her name’s Lucy.” Adam got up and lifted the cat in his arms. He and Lucy weren’t friends yet, but Adam was kind and gentle, and the cat seemed to know he wasn’t a threat. She settled against his chest and allowed herself to be carried. “She’s a good cat.”

“Aww! I want one,” Harper whined, watching Adam nuzzle the kitty.

“You can play with these guys anytime you want,” Adam said, coming back to the couch and sitting beside her. “They’re shy, but Gordon’s cats are starved for interaction.”

Harper gently pet the cat. “I’ll be your friend, Lucy. My name’s Harper.”

Adam smiled and set Lucy between them on the cushions. They both took turns scratching the lucky cat behind the ears.

“I can’t believe Gordon has cats,” Harper said.

“Why? Because he’s mean?” Adam snorted.

Harper paused with her gaze centered on the cat. “Why did you move in with him? I mean, I know you said you can’t live with your parents anymore, but why Gordon?”

“I really didn’t have a lot of options,” Adam said softly, hoping Gordon couldn’t hear them. “And maybe Gordon’s not the best, but he seemed like a safe bet. He offered me protection and a place to stay. He’s feeding me and buying me stuff that I need. He’s kind of taking care of me like one of his cats.”

Harper laughed. “That’s what I was thinking, too. You’re Gordon’s human pet.”

“I never wanted to be treated like a pet,” Adam said with a sigh. “But that’s where I am right now. Living in some stranger’s house like a stray…”

“But what about my dad?” Harper asked. “How are you guys going to be together if Gordon won’t let you?”

“I’m not planning on staying here forever,” Adam said matter-of-factly. “In fact, I think your dad’s trying to come up with some money for a place. And if he does, I’m moving in with him.”

Harper’s eyes got big. “Really?”

“That’s why he’s working for Gordon, yes,” Adam said. “He’s going to buy the car, then he’ll get together some money for a down payment on a house.”

“Wow. I hope I get to come with you guys,” Harper said, her lips turning down at the corners. “I hate living at grandma’s house.”

Adam snorted. “What? There’s no way Jamie will leave you with your grandma. Don’t worry about that. The house is for all of us.”

Harper looked a bit more hopeful.

“Your dad knows you don’t like living here,” Adam said. “He said he hates living with your grandma, too. It’s going to take a while, but he’s going to do something to change that.”

“That would be cool living with two daddies,” Harper said shyly.

Adam beamed. “You think?”

“It could be,” Harper said. “A girl in my class has two dads. She says it’s awesome.”

“Well, hopefully we get to find out soon enough,” Adam said happily, imagining him and Jamie as some super power couple, remodeling a house and raising a kid together. “But we have to be patient for now.”

Harper made a face. “I hate being patient.”

“So do I,” Adam laughed.

Smiling, Harper turned back to the TV. The cat settled between them, and they watched cartoons for a few minutes until it went to commercial. Suddenly, Harper gasped.

“I have to see this movie.”

Adam focused on the bright commercial. It was a trailer for a kid’s movie with talking pandas. It looked really boring, but Harper was obviously thrilled.

“Coming this Friday!” The TV announced, and Harper squealed with excitement.

Adam tucked the information away for later.

They watched cartoons for a while, chatting casually about the show. Adam was glad to have a break from all the hard questions, so he rolled with it and learned the names of the characters and got some brief backstories from Harper. There was a knock on the door at one point, but it wasn’t Jamie, it was just another customer, and Gordon came out and dealt with it on the porch.

It was past seven when Jamie finally came back.

“Daddy!” Harper started to get up, but Jamie waved her back.

“Hold on, Harper. I have to talk to Gordon for a minute,” he said, then started down the hall.

Harper watched him go with a little pout.

“Don’t sweat it. He’s probably talking about money,” Adam said, squeezing Harper’s shoulder. “Let’s just finish this episode.”

“Okay,” Harper said, then turned back to the screen. Her attention wasn’t there, however. She kept looking over her shoulder for her dad.

It took a few minutes, but Jamie finally reappeared. “Let’s go, Harper,” he said, and Harper got up to meet him at once.

Adam stood up, too. He wished he could leave this place and go off with Jamie and Harper. It wasn’t fair. “I had fun watching her,” he said. “She was so good.”

“Thanks for doing it,” Jamie said. “It was a pretty good day. Money wise.”

“I’m glad.”

Jamie smiled slowly. “Text you after dinner?”

“Yes, please.”

Jamie took out his pack of cigarettes and casually lit up. “Talk soon, then.”

“All right. Bye Jamie. Bye Harper.”

“Bye Adam,” Harper said, and then she and her father exited the trailer.

Adam watched them go with longing. He hadn’t even gotten a kiss…

“Is he gone?” Gordon drawled, and Adam looked up and realized he’d been sulking in the hallway the whole time.

“Uh, yeah.”

“So what are you two going to talk about tonight? Sounds like a regular thing.”

Adam’s face filled with color. “He’s just going to tell me about his day. I was curious what exactly he does out there.”

“You could ask me about it. I could answer your questions.”

“Maybe I will, then,” Adam said quicky. “Oh. I wanted to ask you something. Harper really wants to see this new movie that comes out on Friday.”

Gordon stared at him in silence.

“I was just wondering if I could take her.” Awkward, Adam turned off the TV and straightened the pillows on the couch. “Maybe after Jamie finishes delivering, he can come, too?”

“I’ll think about it,” Gordon said finally.

“Oh, good. She really wants to see it.”

“You know,” Gordon interrupted. “If I didn’t know better, I’d think there was something going on between you and Jamie.”

“Something…going on?” Adam sank down on the couch. The cat was still sleeping on the cushion, and he pet her automatically. “What do you mean?”

“You’re talk an awful lot,” Gordon said. “You want to hang out all the time. And the way you look at him, it always gives me the chills. It’s like you want to eat him alive.”

“Well, you even said it yourself. Jamie’s attractive,” Adam said. “I don’t mean anything by it. We’re just friends.”

We’re just friends.”

Adam zipped his lips.

“I’ve spent a lot of money and time on you, Adam,” Gordon said. “And I’ve got to say, I’m a little disappointed how little I’m getting back in return.”

“What…what did you want in return?”

Gordon gave him a harsh look. “Well, I asked for some pictures, but you instantly told on me, and I suddenly had Jamie calling me a pervert.”

“You…you want some pictures of me?”

Gordon frowned. “I asked for them, didn’t I?”

“Is that all you were wanting?”

Gordon folded his arms. “For now, I guess. I understand I can’t just expect a relationship to magically form now that you’re here, but I guess I was just hoping we could spend some time together.”

“And by time together, you mean, taking pictures.”

“Yes! Okay!” Gordon threw up his arms. “Maybe it makes me a pervert, but I like having pictures of my lovers!”

“Katie’s the one who convinced me to do the topless pictures for the dating profile,” Adam said, stalling. “I didn’t want to do them, but she told me I’d get way more attention that way.”

“Well, you got my attention.”

Adam nervously chewed his lip. “I guess we could take a couple.”

Gordon’s whole expression changed. He grinned like the sun peaking from behind the clouds. “I’ll get my phone. Wait there.”

The second he was gone, Adam groaned. He couldn’t believe he was going to do this!

Gordon reappeared with his phone; camera ready. “Okay. Take off your shirt and lay back on the couch. I just want a few casual shots.”

Slowly, Adam worked his t-shirt over his head. He really didn’t want to do this, but he felt like he didn’t have a choice. He folded the tee when it was off and set it aside. He was naked from the waist up, and already, his nipples were erecting in the cool air.

Gordon started taking pictures. “That’s nice. You look lovely, Adam.”

Adam leaned back and stretched his arms over his head. He didn’t smile. This didn’t feel like the kind of picture to smile for. He pouted instead, and the expression was genuine.

“Beautiful,” Gordon moaned, and Adam shut his eyes in embarrassment and looked away. “Your body is flawless.”

“So, what do you think about that movie on Friday?” Adam asked, throwing caution to the wind. “Do you think we can go now?”

“Touch your nipples for me. They’re so hard right now…”

Blushing, Adam reached up and pinched his left nipple. He rolled it around and round, and groaned a little at the pain.

Gordon liked that. “Gorgeous,” he said.

“I think that’s more than a couple pictures,” Adam said, his breath catching in his throat. “What about that movie?”

“Unzip your pants,” Gordon said, and Adam’s eyes went wide. “You don’t have to take them down. I just wanted it for effect.”

Adam released his nipple and slowly, unzipped his jeans. He wished he wasn’t doing this right now. He wished this was over…

“God yes,” Gordon moaned, then took another round of shots. “Everything about you is perfect.”

Adam looked down, and instantly regretted it. Gordon was hard as a rock. The tent in his jeans was obvious. He looked away before Gordon could see his disgust. “Gordon…please.”

“I’m almost done…just…look into the camera for me and smile.”

Adam grudgingly looked into the lens and forced a smile on his face. Gordon clicked off another couple pictures.

“That’s good,” he said suddenly, then he put his phone away and backed down the hall. “I’m going to order something for dinner. Any requests?”

Adam sat up in confusion. “Uh…pizza?”

“Sounds good,” Gordon said, then he whirled away and vanished into the back.

Adam frowned after him. Honestly, he felt like he’d just been raped. And for no good reason either. He hadn’t gotten Gordon to agree to the movie on Friday…

Angry, he got up and yanked his t-shirt back on. He almost forgot, but when he stood, he realized his fly was undone, and he quickly zipped it up.

Down the hall he went. He paused outside the red and blue curtain that sectioned off Gordon’s room and cleared his throat. “Gordon?”

“Uh…yeah?”

“You didn’t answer me. Can we use your car Friday night to take Harper to the movies?”

“Er, sure, yeah…I’ll be out in a minute!”

Adam smiled. He was sure Gordon was jerking off to his images, at least it had been worth something. “Thanks Gordon. Take all the time you need.”

“I’ll just be a second!”

“Okay,” Adam said, then with a smile, he turned to go into his own room.

***

At almost nine on the dot, Adam got a text.

Hey. I just put Harper to bed. How are you?

Adam texted Jamie back at once. He’d been waiting for this. Good. I’m in bed. We had pizza an hour ago then I took a shower.

That’s what we did, too, Jamie said. Mom was pissed I’d gotten home so late, so I just ordered a pizza.

I bet you’re glad you didn’t have to cook.

Yeah. It was a nice change, Jamie said. But I don’t know how I’m going to hide all this money from my mom. I might have to get an actual job.

Adam frowned a little. But I thought you couldn’t get one?

I might have to get one of those shitty jobs I mentioned I didn’t want to do, Jamie said. Maybe if I did a shift in the morning, then I could deliver for Gordon in the evening.

But then I’d never see you, Adam whined.

I’ve got to do this, Adam. My PO will be wondering where I’m getting all this money, too. It’s just temporary.

Well, we don’t want him nosing into our business…

No. We don’t.

Adam sighed, then changed the subject. Guess what happened as soon as you left?

What?

Gordon asked for more pictures…and I gave them to him this time.

What?! I told you not to do that! And I told him not to ask! That fuck!

No, Jamie, its okay, Adam soothed. He was asking about you and me. He was connecting the dots rather well, actually. The picture was the only thing that distracted him.

I’m sure it did more than distract him, Jamie said, then he sent a red, angry face.

Adam laughed a little. All I had to do was take my shirt off, then Gordon ran to his room and left me alone for an hour. Maybe I should do it more often.

It won’t be pictures for long, Jamie said. I’m warning you. Soon, he’ll be asking you to do other things.

Adam hugged himself a little. I hope we’re moved out of here by the time that happens.

Don’t hold your breath.

Adam frowned. Well, I got something out of it, at least.

A new bedroom? Jamie joked. No. Really. What did he get you?

Gordon promised we could go see that panda movie Harper’s all excited about. All three of us.

When?

Friday night. The movie doesn’t come out until then.

That’ll be fun, I guess, Jamie said. I haven’t been to a movie in years.

Of course, it’ll be fun, Adam agreed. And we’ll be together. There’s nothing better than that.

Maybe it’ll be fun, but I’m not happy you had to sell your body to make it happen.

Adam huffed and glared down at his phone. Are you mad at me?

A little.

Well, you shouldn’t be. He didn’t see more than you did, Adam said, upset. At least I managed to keep my pants on.

LOL

Adam waited for more of a reply, but there was nothing. Do you want to stop talking now? He asked shyly.

No. But I am about to jump in the shower. I wish I had some of Gordon’s pictures to keep me company.

Adam smiled a little. I could take some more for you.

Please do, Jamie said, then, Talk soon.

Adam smiled, then rolled out of bed to make sure his door was locked. Then he took off all his clothes.

Copyright © 2021 mastershakeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

We also continue to see what a worthless mom Jamie is saddled with. The fact Jamie has been in jail seems general knowledge. How else would it be known except from April? She was probably complaining about having to take care of her grandchild because Jamie was in jail.

Another disturbing note on Gordon, by his own words here he already sees Adam as his lover.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment

Just thought of something although Adam may not want to  do this but how about letting Gordon take a picture of Adam showing everything they then could possibly find a way to use that as leverage against Gordon for having posession of such a picture don't ask me for details on how they would do that I just thought of it

  • Like 5
Link to comment

“He looked at the two children on the couch”; so Gordo is definitely aware that Adam is under age. Hopefully the pictures will satisfy Gordo for a while but how long before he demands physical payback. Gordo must know he’s no prize so he tries to buy and manipulate people to get a relationship. He is such a sad individual that uses people to get what he wants (much like he uses and manipulates Jamie). 
Harper is very wise and it’s good to see her respond to Adam so enthusiastically. She certainly doesn’t have any positive female role models in her life. 
The chapter finishes with ominous music playing in the background.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drpaladin said:

It was inevitable Gordon would begin pushing boundaries and talking about the money he's spent. Giving in on this demand was a mistake. He'll only want more and more. It won't be long before pictures aren't enough.

Harper is very smart and intuitive. It's sad she has been put in this position.

At least Jamie is realizing he needs a job as a cover even if it's a crappy one. Considering his job with Gordon, delivering pizza would be a good cover. He could probably juggle both at the same time.

I think pizza is probably the best idea. But damnit, I've already done a pizza driver 😂 we'll see. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Just thought of something although Adam may not want to  do this but how about letting Gordon take a picture of Adam showing everything they then could possibly find a way to use that as leverage against Gordon for having posession of such a picture don't ask me for details on how they would do that I just thought of it

Only problem, is Jamie has the same pictures 😂😂😂

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Petey said:

“He looked at the two children on the couch”; so Gordo is definitely aware that Adam is under age. Hopefully the pictures will satisfy Gordo for a while but how long before he demands physical payback. Gordo must know he’s no prize so he tries to buy and manipulate people to get a relationship. He is such a sad individual that uses people to get what he wants (much like he uses and manipulates Jamie). 
Harper is very wise and it’s good to see her respond to Adam so enthusiastically. She certainly doesn’t have any positive female role models in her life. 
The chapter finishes with ominous music playing in the background.

I didn't mean anything ominous with the ending there. Jamie's just getting some nudes 😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mastershakeme said:

I think pizza is probably the best idea. But damnit, I've already done a pizza driver 😂 we'll see. 

It's not like it would be a long term job.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, drpaladin said:

It's not like it would be a long term job.

I just didn't want to go there again. I'm going to have him do Door Dash, or at least that's what he's looking at. I had another idea, but this delivey job works so perfectly. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So Gordon's creepy side emerges again and I'll bet it won't be for the last time either, maybe using it against him would be a good idea as previously suggested but it could back fire so I'd suggest caution. Jamie is protective of Adam but he needs to be cautious or Gordon's suspicions will be confirmed and that would only spell trouble. Harper is too mature for her years so I'm hoping that Adam will encourage her to be the child that she is. I'm hoping that everything works out for Adam and Jamie but then life sometimes has a cruel way of messing up so I'll just keep my fingers crossed 🤞.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

So Gordon's creepy side emerges again and I'll bet it won't be for the last time either, maybe using it against him would be a good idea as previously suggested but it could back fire so I'd suggest caution. Jamie is protective of Adam but he needs to be cautious or Gordon's suspicions will be confirmed and that would only spell trouble. Harper is too mature for her years so I'm hoping that Adam will encourage her to be the child that she is. I'm hoping that everything works out for Adam and Jamie but then life sometimes has a cruel way of messing up so I'll just keep my fingers crossed 🤞.

I'm not one for unhappy endings, so take heart in that at least 😉

Intresting take on Harper... She needs to be more of a kid. Check! 

Also you're right about Jamie being too protective. He'll spill the beans first if he isn't careful 😂😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, mastershakeme said:

I just didn't want to go there again. I'm going to have him do Door Dash, or at least that's what he's looking at. I had another idea, but this delivey job works so perfectly. 

Meh. It wouldn't be like you were in a rut. It's just a common low level job. We had a pizza place here, one of the franchises, and they were using it to run drugs. You asked for the special seasoning. They were a bit too successful for their competition and the manager was murdered in a 'robbery' where no money was taken. The manager was the owner's son and it effectively shut the drug part down.

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 3
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Meh. It wouldn't be like you were in a rut. It's just a common low level job. We had a pizza place here, one of the franchises, and they were using it to run drugs. You asked for the special seasoning. They were a bit too successful for their competition and the manager was murdered in a 'robbery' where no money was taken. The manager was the owner's son and it effectively shut the drug part down.

That sounds fictional! It's amazing what's out there in the real world 😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, mastershakeme said:

That sounds fictional! It's amazing what's out there in the real world 😂

It's a much more complex and interesting story. I live in a relatively small town, but lots of bizarre things happen here.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/21/2021 at 4:35 AM, mastershakeme said:

I think pizza is probably the best idea. But damnit, I've already done a pizza driver 😂 we'll see. 

Missing Connor 😢

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..