Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Concrete - 9. Work

After dinner and a bath, Jamie and Harper sat on the living room couch watching cartoons. April was in her bedroom, drinking and watching her own programs. It was a calm night.

Jamie was itching to text Adam though. After getting him home before four, he’d left him with Gordon, and Jamie was genuinely concerned about him.

Their relationship may be moving at breakneck speeds, but Jamie’s feelings were real. Adam was sweet. He was beautiful. And he’d really looked gorgeous sucking his cock earlier in the parking lot. Jamie knew it was wrong, but he wanted to protect his young lover.

Sneakily, so as not to disturb Harper, Jamie got out his phone and sent Adam a message.

How was dinner? Did Gordon manage to pull it off?

The reply was slow in coming. Harper’s show went to commercial while Jamie was waiting, and she noticed his phone was out.

“Are you texting someone?” Harper asked. “Who are you messaging?” She was in her Disney Princess nightgown and looked cute as a button, but her blue eyes were sharp with intelligence and Jamie decided not to lie to her.

“Adam.”

“Are you guys friends now?” Harper asked. “You were texting him the other day when we were riding in the woods. Seems like you’re friends.

“Yeah, we’re… friends,” Jamie said awkwardly. It really felt like they were more than friends at this point, but Jamie didn’t know what else to call him. “I’m looking out for Adam,” he explained. “He’s young and needs someone to take him under their wing. I’m doing that for him.”

“But isn’t that what Gordon’s supposed to do?” Harper asked, her little brow screwing up in confusion. “Aren’t they dating?”

“No,” Jamie said immediately. “Gordon wants them to start dating, but they aren’t.”

Harper raised her eyebrows. “But why?”

Jamie squirmed in his seat. “Because… Adam doesn’t like Gordon like that.” Suddenly, his phone buzzed with a notification. He checked the screen.

Dinner was a nightmare. I’m still cleaning up the kitchen.

Jamie laughed. What happened?

“Oh, I know why,” Harper said, and Jamie was drawn out of his phone to see his daughter, beaming. “Adam isn’t dating Gordon because he likes you more. Right?”

“Er…not exactly,” Jamie said unconvincingly.

“No, that’s it! You and Adam are gonna date,” Harper said gleefully. “I’m going to have two daddies!”

“Shhh!” Jamie hissed, looking down the hall at April’s half open door. “Don’t say anything like that around Grandma. She won’t like it.”

“Why, because it’s true?” Harper sang.

“No.” Jamie flushed. “But don’t tell Grandma about it either way. She won’t think it’s funny.”

Harper pouted, but Jamie’s phone buzzed, so he checked it first.

Well, for one, it took Gordon three hours to prepare. Then, the chicken was dry, the sauce was too garlicky, and even the pasta was bad. He didn’t cook it to al dente.

Aww, I’m sorry, Jamie said, smirking. I didn’t think Gordon could cook.

He left a huge mess, too. It’s like adding insult to injury.

What a jerk. Isn’t he helping you clean up?

“Grandma doesn’t like gay people. Does she?” Harper asked, and Jamie was jerked from his phone for a second time.

“What?”

“Grandma doesn’t like gay people,” Harper said. “I heard her making fun of Gordon once. She was being really mean.”

“Oh, yeah, well, she’s old fashioned,” Jamie said. “People in her generation think being gay is a choice, not something you were just born with, so they look down on it.”

“Oh,” Harper said, but she still looked confused.

Jamie checked his phone.

No. Gordon’s laying down in the back room. He’s been in a really weird mood since I came back with all that money.

He’s probably disappointed you don’t owe him more, Jamie said, scowling. I just hope he leaves you alone tonight.

You can relax. I think he’s gone to bed, Adam texted. He said he was sorry about dinner an hour ago and I haven’t seen him since.

Good.

“So, what are you guys talking about?” Harper asked curiously.

“He’s just cleaning up after dinner, like we did, and he’s probably going to bed soon, like you,” Jamie said. “He’s doing the same thing we are, baby.”

Harper threw the blanket over her head. “But I don’t want to go to bed.”

“You’re going to have to,” Jamie said, pulling the blanket off his daughter. “Unless you want me to sleep in your bed and you sleep out here. I need to get to sleep soon.”

“You can sleep in my bed,” Harper said innocently. “I don’t mind.”

“No. We’re not doing that.” Jamie shook his head. “Come on. Let’s get you tucked in. It’s late.” But it wasn’t really. It was only nine o’clock, but Jamie wanted to resume the conversation without prying eyes. He led Harper to the bathroom to brush her teeth, then took her to bed.

It was nine thirty by the time Jamie was back. He got settled on the couch, turned the channel to the news, then checked to see if he had any new messages.

I really enjoyed our time at the thrift shop today, Adam had said twenty minutes ago. But we need to make up another excuse for us to get away, because I don’t think we’ll have any uninterrupted time like that anytime soon.

Jamie smirked. Did you really enjoy the thrift shop, or was it our time in the parking lot you’re referring to?

Both, Adam said. Our time in the parking lot was amazing, but I’m also really looking forward to my furniture delivery.

Jamie laughed. You found some cool shit today. A desk, a chair, a bed frame, and a mirror, it was a good thing this Goodwill had delivery services, because there was no way they’d have been able to haul everything in the Impala. You’ve really got an eye for the deals.

Yeah… Are you alone right now? Adam asked. Or is Harper still up?

I just put her to bed, Jamie said, sighing. She already guessed that we’re together. She’s too smart.

Or maybe you’re too obvious.

Naw, it’s all your fault, Jamie said, smirking. The last time she saw you, you were making eyes at me. She mentioned it. Said you were ‘nice’.

That’s a long ways away from dating, Adam joked.

Yeah. Whatever, Jamie said. So, what are you doing now? Still cleaning?

No. I’m in my room, getting ready to write in my journal.

Oh, well, don’t let me keep you.

Not at all. I was going to write about you anyway, so you’re hardly a distraction.

Jamie smiled softly. I couldn’t imagine what you’d be writing about.

Your beautiful cock, Adam said. It was really magnificent.

Jamie stretched out on the couch and squeezed his junk. Thanks.

I can’t wait to see it again, Adam said. I’ve been thinking about it obsessively since I came home.

Mmm, it’s been thinking about you, too, Jamie said, and it had. All through dinner and bath time. The floodgates had been opened and Jamie was incredibly horny. I don’t know when we’ll be able to do that again though. Gordon wants me over tomorrow for a job, but I doubt I’ll have time to visit.

Not in the way we’d like to visit, anyway, Adam said, then sent a crying emoji. That’s why we need to make up an excuse to get out of the house. Alone.

Even more than that, we need to keep Gordon’s suspicions down, Jamie said, his protective instincts stepping up to the plate. You have to stay there until I get my own place. We can’t risk him getting jealous and kicking you out.

I know…

Then don’t worry about making up excuses. We’ll be together soon enough, Jamie said. We just have to be patient.

Ugh.

Don’t ‘ugh’ me. Jamie leaned back on his pillow with a little smile. I will see you tomorrow.

I guess that’s better than nothing…

Jamie chuckled darkly. Well, I don’t know if it’s better than nothing or not, but I could send you a picture of my hard cock. Maybe that’d make up for it.

Mmm! Good idea! But how would you get it hard?

Jamie looked at his mother’s door, then decided to risk it. By taking it out and stroking it, slowly. He slid his jeans down and let out his cock. He was freeballing today, and his dick looked large laying on his naked thigh. Left handed, he took ahold of his cock, then looked back at the screen.

I’m doing the same. My cock is out, Adam said and Jamie’s dick lurched at the mental image.

Stroke it nice and firm, Jamie said, stroking his own needy cock as he typed. Make it hard for me.

I’m doing it. It feels sooo good.

Jamie’s hand slid up and down his shaft. He hadn’t felt free to do this in months… He agreed. It felt amazing. He stroked himself over and over as his member rapidly filled with blood.

Let me see it. I’m dying to take it in my mouth again, Adam texted, and Jamie groaned just from the very thought.

Okay. Hold on.

Highly aroused, Jamie pulled up his camera and took a picture of his hard cock. He looked at it when he was done. At nearly eleven inches, his dick was thick and meaty all the way to the base. The head was impressive, too. Flushed red with passion, the tip was fully enflamed and ready to squirt.

Just as he was sending it off, Adam sent one in, too. It was also a picture of his erection. It wasn’t nearly as long as Jamie’s, but it stood proudly from its dark bush of pubes.

Jamie appreciated the image. His eyes fluttered halfway shut as he studied it, his hand flying in his lap.

God, that’s amazing, Adam texted when he got Jamie’s picture. I’m going to have to save that.

No. Delete it. I don’t want Gordon to find it, Jamie said, but he wasn’t worried about it. He was too busy stroking his cock shaft. I’m so turned on. I’m going to come any minute now.

Me too. The picture really helped.

As he continued to masturbate, Jamie pulled up Adam’s image again. He could just see Adam’s slender, pale legs at the edge of the shot. He wanted to see more though. He’d been a little creeped out by his age at first, but Adam’s shapely, youthful body was greatly appealing to him.

Just then, April’s door flew open and she ambled into the hall. Jamie threw the blanket over his dick and hid his phone.

April stopped in the kitchen and gave Jamie a suspicious look. “What are you still doing up?”

“I thought I’d stay up late for once, watching the news,” Jamie said, nodding toward the TV.

“Hmm.” April turned and grabbed another beer out of the fridge. “You look like you’re masturbating.”

“No.” Jamie’s erection went totally soft. “I’m not masturbating.”

“I hope not. You’re not twelve years old any more,” April said, then she shuffled back down the hall. “You should get a girlfriend if you need help with that. Like a normal grown man,” she tossed over her shoulder. “Then maybe you could finally move out.”

April’s door shut partway and the sound of her TV resumed. Jamie sighed deeply, and sat up to check his phone.

It was another image of Adam’s young dick. He’d just come, and it was splattered all over his smooth, blemish-free thighs.

Beautiful, Jamie texted and he meant it.

Did you come? Let me see.

My mom just walked in and ruined it, Jamie admitted. Sorry.

Oh, crap. I hate when that happens.

I swear she has some kind of masturbate-o-meter, Jamie said. She always knows when I’m trying to get one off and she can’t stand it. She has to interrupt.

My mom was like that too. If she caught me, I’d have to read Bible verses for an hour.

Oof. That’s rough.

I know. That’s why I just never did it. It’s weird masturbating. Even here. I feel like I’m about to get caught.

Is your door locked? Jamie asked.

Yeah, but what if Gordon tries to come through the window?

In his own house? Jamie said. He’d probably just pick the lock.

Great. Now I don’t feel safe at all!

Jamie snorted with amusement. You shouldn’t feel safe. Not until we can get you out of that house.

Hopefully soon…

Hopefully.

Well, I’m going to write in my journal for a bit. You can still text me, but it might take me a minute to get back to you, Adam said and Jamie smiled, imagining the boy getting cozy in his bed with his notebook.

I’ll probably just go to sleep. I’ve got to get up early to feed Harper.

Do you know what you’re going to make her?

French toast, Jamie said. It’s Tuesday.

That sounds nice... I never thought I’d say this, but I miss my mom’s cooking.

Jamie bit his lip. You ready to go home yet? I’m sure they’re missing you too.

Not a chance, Adam said. I’m never going back there if I can help it. I’ll just learn how to cook something besides eggs.

Jamie laughed. You do that.

Goodnight, Jamie.

Jamie smiled. Goodnight, Adam.

Jamie plugged his phone in beside the couch then curled up on his side. He’d been sleeping here for six months, and it was still shockingly uncomfortable.

He watched the news until he finally lost consciousness.

***

After Harper got on the bus, Jamie made his way over to Gordon’s place.

He smoked a cigarette while he was walking, then put it out as he got closer and hopped up on the porch to knock.

“Hey Jamie,” Gordon said when he opened the door. “Just in time. Come in.”

Jamie slid through the door and checked out the living room again. Everything about the place was different. Adam’s presence was definitely making itself known.

“So, here’s the thing. I need you to deliver this to a customer.” Gordon held up a baggie of white powder. “I just got the address from my guy. I guess they’ve got the money, but they can’t travel at the moment.”

“Okay. So drive to the address, exchange drugs for money, then bring it back? Sounds simple.”

“I’ll probably have more deliveries when you get back. I’ll be taking orders from my guy all day. He’s trying to slim down his customer base so I’m taking whoever he doesn’t want.”

“Who’s your guy?” Jamie asked casually.

“That’s on a need to know basis,” Gordon said. “Sorry, I can’t share that information with you.”

“Oh, you can’t?” Jamie snorted.

“No, I can’t.”

“Well, whoever he is, he must have a lot of customers to want to ‘slim down’.”

“I think he just wants to be a supplier,” Gordon said. “So, he’ll make the product then sell in bulk to the dealers.”

“You know the guy who makes this stuff?” Jamie sneered just as Adam walked into the room. He took the bag of crack, then said awkwardly, “Morning.”

“Good morning,” Adam said, smiling bright like the sun. “How are you? And how’s Harper? She’s such a little cutie. You need to bring her over sometime so we can talk.”

“We’re fine,” Jamie said, smiling back. “She won’t shut up about coming for a visit. She was talking about it this morning on the walk to the bus.”

“You should bring her over after school sometime,” Adam said, breezing over to the couch and taking a seat. “I could babysit for a couple hours.”

“She’d really like that. I’ll consider it,” Jamie said sincerely.

“We could play with the cats. Color. Write poetry…” Adam said. “We’d have a lot of fun.”

“Yeah, hello!” Gordon stepped between them and glared at Jamie. “Are you still interested in the job?”

Jamie blinked, then realized he was holding a bag of crack-cocaine. “Uh… how much is this shit?”

“Two hundred dollars,” Gordon said . “You don’t have to count it on the spot, but make sure you’ve got your money before you leave.”

Jamie nodded . “So, what’s the address?”

Gordon pulled a slip of notebook paper from his back pocket. “It’s a motel. They’re living there I guess.”

Jamie took the slip and checked it out… He knew the place. It was just off the highway.

“Here,” Gordon said, holding up the keys to the Impala. “Be careful out there.”

“Good luck, Jamie,” Adam said, and Jamie gave him one last look of longing, then turned and exited the trailer.

Outside, he got in the Impala and turned on the radio. He lit up another cigarette as he planned out the route in his head. He was nervous, but focused on his mental map and tried not to think about it.

When his cigarette was almost smoked, Jamie was ready. He flicked it out the window then backed up and drove down the street.

The motel was a twenty minute drive from the Village, and if possible, the neighborhood it was in was even worse. All the businesses had bars on the windows and most of the free walls bore graffiti.

Jamie pulled into the cracked driveway and pulled up outside room 33. He rolled up the baggie, put it in his pocket, then jumped out of the car.

He felt weird doing it, but he walked up to the door and knocked.

At once, the door flew wide open and a woman in a slinky black dress ushered him in. “I’ve been waiting for like an hour. It’s about time.”

“Sorry.” Jamie slipped into the room and let the door shut behind him. “I just got your address twenty minutes ago.”

The girl placed her hands on her hips. “Well, where is it?”

“You got the money?”

The girl dropped her pose and went to grab her purse off the bed. “Of course, I have the money. I sold my damned car a couple days ago so I’d have it.” She pulled out a wad of cash and Jamie ended her misery and took out the crack.

The girl’s whole demeanor changed. She smiled, and sat calmly on the bed to count out the money. “Sorry I was rude just now. I don’t like to wait.”

Jamie watched the money closely. “It’s fine.”

“No, it’s not.” The girl counted out two hundred dollars, then shook her dark hair out of her face. “What’s your name?”

“Jamie. What’s yours?”

“Sophie.”

“Nice to meet you, Sophie.” Jamie held out the drugs and happily accepted the money. “I guess we’re your new dealers now.”

“Yep. I’ve got your number,” Sophie said, but she was busy examining the powder. “I’ll be in touch.”

Jamie backed out of the room. He didn’t turn his back on the woman until the door was between them. Once he was outside again, he got in the car and lit up another cigarette. Two hundred dollars… Jamie wondered how much he’d get to keep.

He drove back to the trailer and before he could even get out, Gordon burst out of the house.

“I’ve got two deliveries for you,” he said. “And one’s kinda out there, so you’ll be driving for a minute.”

“Don’t any of these people have cars?” Jamie sneered, but he took the offered baggies through the window.

“They do. But I’m not giving all these strangers my address,” Gordon said. “My guy says it’s better if you can meet them at a safe halfway point.”

“Well, where am I going?”

“To the McDonald’s on Tallmadge, then to a car wash all the way out on 43.”

Jamie scowled. “Text the addresses to me. You’re going to get me so turned around…”

Gordon laughed. “Sorry. I’ll send them to you as soon as I go in.”

Jamie backed out of the drive. He knew where the McDonald’s was at least. He could get there all right.

The day was filled with nonstop deliveries. Jamie drove back and forth, from Gordon’s house, to random places on the map. He never went to the same place twice.

Luckily, Jamie had little issues with his customers. Everyone was overjoyed to see him, and they paid up the right amount without being asked.

When it got close to three, Jamie stopped at Gordon’s house. He had to pick up Harper. He couldn’t do any more deliveries.

As soon as he walked into the trailer though, Adam met him with a big hopeful grin.

“What’s going on?” Jamie asked. “Where’s Gordon?”

“Getting more drugs,” Adam said casually.” He just got another call.”

“Well, I can’t do it. I have to meet Harper at the bus stop and—”

“Remember earlier when we were talking about me babysitting?”

“Er… yeah?”

“How about I go meet Harper at the bus stop,” Adam suggested. “She’ll recognize me, right?”

“Without a doubt,” Jamie said. “But what are you going to do with her? She needs her after school snack. She needs a nap. She’ll want to ride her bike.”

“I can make her a snack,” Adam said. “And if she needs to take a nap, she’s more than welcome to use my bed.”

“I don’t know…”

“You’ll be right here watching us. Absolutely nothing bad will happen,” Adam said. “Come on. Let’s just try it once and see how it goes.”

“What does Gordon think?”

“He’s fine with it,” Adam said easily. “He’s going to be back in his room for the most part anyway, dealing with the drugs.”

“Promise me Harper won’t have to see anything like that, “ Jamie said.

“I promise,” Adam said firmly. “Cross my heart, all the drugs will stay in the back of the house and away from your daughter.”

Suddenly Gordon came out with another baggie. “Oh, you’re back.”

“We were just talking about my daughter,” Jamie said, taking the little bag of drugs. “Adam says he can watch her while I keep delivering?”

“That’s what he said,” Gordon confirmed. “You know me. I’m not good with kids, but Adam says he’ll do everything.”

Jamie sighed. He couldn’t believe he was going to do this, but he couldn’t ask his mom… there’d be too many questions… “Okay. I guess this will have to work.”

“Yay!” Adam cheered.

“She gets off the bus exactly at three,” Jamie told him.” She’ll be really surprised to see you.”

“I bet! This is going to be great,” Adam said. “Thanks, Jamie.”

Jamie smirked at him. “Thanks for letting you babysit?”

“I’m bored. I need something to do,” Adam explained. “I was trying to teach Gordon how to use the washing machine, but he lost interest.”

Gordon scowled at him. “I did not lose interest. The clothes were in the spin cycle. That’s why I stopped watching.”

Adam rolled his eyes.

“I’ll text you the place,” Gordon said grumpily, then started for the laundry room. “Just as soon as I check the washing machine…”

Jamie and Adam were suddenly alone. They looked at each other and then awkwardly away.

“Guess I’d better get going,” Jamie said.

“Don’t worry about a thing. I’ll take excellent care of Harper,” Adam said.

Jamie lowered his voice. “Don’t be surprised if she tries to pick your brains. She knows somethings going on between us.”

Adam nodded. “I’ll explain everything to her.”

Jamie gave him a look.

“Well, not everything. But the important bits.”

Jamie nodded. “Good.”

“See you later,” Adam said sweetly.

Jamie smiled at him, then ducked out of the house.

Copyright © 2021 mastershakeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

7 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

So anyone else have the feeling old gordo is gonna make an anonymous call to the po-po and get jamie arrested?

I hope not!!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I'm worried that Gordo who isn't all there will make some kind of mistake and the police will come while Adam is babysitting Harper.

Other then that I'm looking forward to seeing Adam and Harper interact and the questions she will ask him.She seems to know a lot at her young age even by today's standards

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I just hope that Jamie is watching his back Gordon is sure to do something when Jamie has outlived his usefulness. I think Adam and Harper will hit it off just fine.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drpaladin said:

This is a balancing act. Despite the fact Jaime is older and has a daughter, he isn't very mature or practical. He imagines he can manage getting a house when he has $1,500 and at the same time he's he's buying the car from Gordon. The tremendously big problem here is he has no legitimate job and he is still on parole. Even the most overextended and disinterested parole officer would wonder where the money is coming from. It wouldn't take much effort to find out. This alliance with Gordon is fairly tenuous. He's more of an acquaintance than a friend. Gordon may be a lazy slob, but how likely is he to continue to stay in a rut and continue employing Jaime if Adam leaves? I'm thinking not.

I have a feeling I'm moving the story so quickly because I know, realistically, this situation wouldn't work 😅

In this fictional world, however, it does. So, good points. I think once Jamie sees his PO he'll be forced to get a real job as a cover. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..