Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Concrete - 16. Court

Leave a comment! It's greatly appreciated and makes my day!!! I've been super emotional lately. I need the mood boost 😂

Jamie sat on the lower bunk of his jail cell, bored. He was alone, and had been all morning. He was still in his street clothes, a heavy hoodie, jeans, and boots, and he was pretty sure this was just an overnight cell, so he had a feeling he was waiting to go to court.

A lady cop had pushed a tray with breakfast into the room hours ago, and he’d just finished a dry ham sandwich for lunch. He had nothing to do now but to stare at the walls and he was sick of it.

With a sigh, Jamie fell sideways and flopped onto the thin mattress. Maybe he could get some more sleep…

Click, click

Jamie looked up as the sturdy, metal door was unlocked. It swung outwards to reveal the lady cop standing expressionless in the doorway.

“Let’s go,” she said, and Jamie sat up at once. “You’ve got court in fifteen.”

Jamie followed the lady down a short hallway to the same room he’d been booked in earlier that morning. It was a long rectangular room with a couple benches and some pay phones on the wall. The desk at the front was where Jamie had been finger printed and photographed for a mug shot. There was another cop sitting behind it, now, eating donuts, and Jamie glared at him bitterly.

The lady sat Jamie on the bench, then held out her cuffs, and grudgingly, Jamie lifted his arm to be restrained once more. “Sit tight,” she said when he was chained to the bench, then she turned and vanished back into the hallway.

Jamie watched the fat cop enjoy his coffee and donuts for a while. The guy was a sloppy eater and he managed to spill coffee on himself twice before the lady cop returned with three more prisoners in orange jumpsuits.

“Is that it?” the fat cop asked, gesturing to the four of them.

“Yep. Come and help me.”

The fat guy got up with cuffs of his own and took the nearest prisoner, a black kid with dreads. He chained his wrists together, then knelt down to get some on his ankles, too.

Between the two of them, the cops chained everyone in a similar manner. Jamie was released from the bench, only to be locked down in ankle cuffs with his hands chained tightly in front of him.

“Come on,” the lady said, and the four of them were forced to waddle to the far door. Jamie felt fucking stupid, half dressed and chained like an animal, but he knew better than to complain.

They were led to the garage and loaded into the back of a police van. There were benches inside, and the kid with dreads and an old guy sat on the right, while Jamie and a boy with bright, red hair sat on the left.

The lady cop slammed the door shut behind them, and everything went dark. There was only one window and it looked through to the front seat so the cops could keep an eye on them.

“This is fucking bullshit,” the black guy said into the silence.

“You’re telling me,” Jamie murmured in reply.

The lady cop rounded the van and got in the driver’s seat, while her partner, the fat, tub of lard got in beside her and fussed with the coffee stains on his uniform. The lady checked something on her dash computer, then hit the release for the garage door. They glided smoothly outside.

Daylight poured through the reinforced window, and Jamie shielded his eyes as they bumped onto the street. The Akron jail was only three blocks away, so he didn’t have much of a chance to get used to the light before they pulled into another garage and parked.

The cops unloaded them from the back of the van, then hustled them into a service elevator. They went up to the fourth floor and exited into a hallway with a lot of doors. The lady cop stepped to the front of the group and led the way down the hall to the last door on the right. They were suddenly at the back of a court room, and Jamie glanced around at the waiting audience as he was led to a row of seats off to the side.

It wasn’t packed, but it looked like most of his comrades had their families present. Jamie couldn’t help scanning twice over for Adam or T, but he only saw Gordon.

Fucking Gordon.

The older man sat right in the front row, his lips upturned as he gazed openly at Jamie’s current predicament. His face was a mess of bruises. It was ugly to look at, and Jamie turned away with a sneer.

Embarrassed, and trying not to show it, Jamie glanced at the clock over the empty judge’s seat. It was close to one. Worried, he wondered where Adam and Harper could be…

For the next ten minutes, Jamie and the other prisoners sat uncomfortably in chains. The cops had taken seats, as well, and Jamie felt like they were on display for the whole courtroom. It almost seemed like another form of punishment.

Suddenly, the judge, a large man, with salt and pepper hair, came through the same door they had, and approached the bench.

“All rise for Judge Roland,” the lady cop called out, and everyone stood as the man found his chair. Jamie stood awkwardly, wishing he had something on besides a hoodie. “You may be seated,” the lady cop said, and Jamie’s ankle chains clanked together as he did so. He couldn’t wait to have these off. He just wanted to get the fuck out of here…

A little secretary slipped out of the same doorway, a stack of manila folders in her arms, and handed them to Roland.

“Finally. Let’s get this show on the road,” Jamie said under his breath.

The secretary quickly took the chair next to the two police officers, then the room fell into a hush.

Roland looked through his papers for a long, boring minute, and Jamie stared at him desperately, ready to get this shit started already. He could feel Gordon’s eyes on him, and it was making him itch in places he couldn’t reach with his hands locked together.

Finally, the judge spoke. “Case number BZ17462. Brian Dawson.”

The black kid got up and shuffled to the stand. Another man in the back got up, too, a guy in a suit, and Jamie recognized him as a public defender from the last time he’d been in court.

Jamie gazed at the pair in confusion. He wondered why he hadn’t gotten to talk to anyone yet… Didn’t he get a public defender, too?

When Brian’s case finished, he was taken out the back by the fat cop and the public defender left. Brian was going back to jail, it seemed.

The redhead went next. His lawyer was in the room too, and he did most of the talking, while Roland listened. The redhead had no reaction to most of the proceedings, but when the lawyer mentioned the probation department, he smiled a little. It seemed he was getting out of jail today, lucky bastard.

When the redhead was done, the lady cop unchained him and he left the room with his family and the lawyer. Jamie watched them longingly, thinking of his daughter and Adam…

The old guy was next, and Jamie impatiently checked the time.

Almost an hour had passed. It was close to two, and Jamie chewed his tongue so he wouldn’t shout with frustration. He was so ready to go home!

He was glaring at the clock, when a handsome young man burst through the front doors. The judge gave him a cursory look, but resumed the old guy’s trial without skipping a beat.

The young man crossed the room and knelt in front of Jamie. “You’re Jamie Webb, right?”

Jamie nodded.

“I’m Paul. Sorry, my last case ran late. I meant to be here an hour ago. I’m your public defender.”

Jamie sighed in relief. “Thank God.”

Paul talked quickly, but very quietly, and Jamie leaned closer to hear. “I still have to talk to the other party, so I don’t know everything yet, but it looks like you’re getting another six months for the assault and the stolen car.”

Jamie’s eyes widened. “Y-you mean in prison?

Paul nodded gravely. “Either that or another year of parole. It depends on what the victim has to say.”

“Gordon isn’t a fucking victim,” Jamie said bitterly. “He deserved everything he got.”

Paul gave him a blank look, then he stood. “I have to talk to him before we’re called to the stand. I’ll be back.”

Grumbling under his breath, Jamie watched Paul get Gordon’s attention, then wave him into the hall. He was so fucking screwed. So much for going home!

The old guy’s case went on and on for another twenty minutes. Jamie didn’t listen to a word of it. He didn’t care anymore. He wasn’t going to see the light of day for another six months!

Gordon and Paul came back into the room. Jamie met Gordon’s eyes as he took a seat and the older man smiled hugely. Jamie got the chills all down his naked back.

“Case number JL28662. Jamie Webb.”

Jamie stood on wobbly legs and shuffled across the floor. He’d better get used to the shackles. They wouldn’t be going away anytime soon.

Paul met him at the stand, smiling. “I think this might go in our favor after all,” he muttered, and Jamie looked at him questioningly, but Paul zipped his lips.

“You’re here for a parole violation?” Roland asked, looking at his files.

“Er… yes,” Jamie said.

“Assault and a car theft,” Roland read off. “Wow. You had a busy night.”

“Yeah,” Jamie said. “I did.”

“Care to explain yourself?”

“Well, it all started when I found the victim molesting my boyfriend,” Jamie said, not even caring he was outing himself. “I’ll admit, I had a pretty explosive reaction, but it was more than justified.”

“Justified, huh?” Roland looked like he was trying not to laugh. “And the car?”

“Actually, Gordon told me it was mine to keep, so I put my daughter and my boyfriend inside and took them to the Super 8 where I was then arrested.”

“Your honor, the victim told me something similar,” Paul said, and Jamie looked at him in surprise. “He says he wants to drop the charges.”

Roland sat up in his chair. “Drop the charges?”

“He says it was all a… misunderstanding.”

Roland looked down at his papers. “Is he here now?”

Gordon stood up in the front row, his face a riot of black and blue. “Yes, sir.”

“Is anyone coercing you to do this?” Roland asked.

“No, sir. I’m doing it because it’s the right thing to do,” Gordon said, avoiding Jamie’s wide-eyed look of shock. “Jamie and I have been friends for awhile now. I told him he could have that car. I was just upset.”

“And you’re not upset now?”

“No. I’m thinking clearly.”

“Well, all right.” Roland shuffled through his papers as hope welled in Jamie’s body. Maybe he wouldn’t have to serve time after all!

“Since the victim got his car back, undamaged, maybe the vehicular theft charges can be wiped from the record,” Paul said. “The defendant had the keys in his possession. There was no carjacking involved.”

“I’ll agree to it,” Roland said tightly, and Jamie wanted to jump for joy! He was grinning when Roland met his eyes. “Don’t get too excited yet,” Roland said. “Even without the car theft, the assault charge on its own is a serious violation of your parole. We can’t let that go.”

“Oh.” Jamie’s tremulous hope started to fall. “Okay.”

“You’re honor, it was just a simple assault,” Paul said with a charming smile. “There were no weapons involved and the victim didn’t receive medical care.”

“I can see that,” Roland drawled, looking at his papers.

“Perhaps another year on parole would set him straight,” Paul said, and Jamie wanted to groan. Another year?

Roland looked up again and met Jamie’s gaze with his steely eyes. “I think that’s appropriate.”

Paul smiled at Jamie and gave him a thumbs up behind the podium. Jamie was shaking so hard, he couldn’t reciprocate.

“One more year of parole,” Roland said, writing something on one of his files. Then he held it out for the secretary to take, and she jumped up to get it. Jamie took it from her wordlessly. It was an order for Adult probation.

“Report to the probation department Monday morning,” Roland said. “They’ll get you on the schedule.”

“But I already have an appointment for next week,” Jamie said.

“Report Monday by three pm,” Roland repeated. “Your appointment from before the violation has been canceled.”

Slowly, Jamie nodded.

“You’re free to go,” Roland said, and Jamie’s heart did a backflip.

“Thank you,” he said to the judge, then quietly to Paul. “Thanks, man.”

Paul handed him a card from his breast pocket. “Call me if you have another violation. I’ll represent you.”

Jamie took the card and put it in his back pocket for later.

The lady cop approached with the key to the cuffs, and Jamie turned to give her his full attention.

“I was starting to think I wouldn’t get out of here today,” Jamie said as she worked on his handcuffs.

The lady smiled a little, then bent to unlock his shackles. She didn’t say anything, but Jamie felt he had her approval.

Once free, Jamie asked where he could find a phone.

“Downstairs,” the lady cop said. “They might let you use the one in the office if you don’t have a quarter.”

Jamie nodded then turned to exit the room. It had cleared out while he was being released, and Gordon was no longer in the front row. He strode confidently to the doors and stepped into the hall.

“Jamie…”

Jamie looked up as Gordon called his name. The older man sat on a bench right outside the courtroom with his phone in his hand.

Jamie frowned at him. “What?”

Gordon held his phone out. “It’s Adam.”

Suspicious, Jamie stepped closer, but kept a respectable distance between them as he reached for the device. He pressed it to his ear. “Hello?”

“Oh my God, Jamie! Are you out? Are you okay?” Adam said in a rush. “Were they mean to you? Oh God, I bet they were.”

“Which question should I answer first?” Jamie laughed. “Yeah I’m out. I’ve got another year of probation, though.”

“That’s what Gordon was saying…”

“Why did you call him?” Jamie asked, glaring at the older man on the bench. Gordon glared right back. “Where are you right now?”

“I’m at T’s house,” Adam said. “With Harper. We’ve been waiting for your trial to finish for like three hours!”

“You knew I was in court?”

“Gordon told us when we came to see him this morning,” Adam said. “I didn’t really believe him, but he promised he’d drop the charges.”

Jamie blinked. “But… why? The only thing that makes sense is you threatened him with kidnapping or rape or something.”

“Bingo. I promised to get my parents involved.”

Jamie smiled warmly. “Good job, Adam. I’m so proud of you. I thought maybe…”

“What? That I’d abandoned you?”

“Well, I was kind of hoping you’d be here to support me,” Jamie whispered, turning away so he didn’t have to look at Gordon’s ugly face. “For a minute there, I thought for sure I was going away. I was scared I’d never see you again.”

“I wanted to come, but Harper…”

Jamie nodded. “She doesn’t like being in courtrooms.”

“I figured.”

“So, are you coming to get me?” Jamie laughed awkwardly. “You have my phone, my money, my… well, everything, really.”

“We’re already in the car. T says we’ll be there in ten minutes as long as traffic holds up.”

“Mmm, construction downtown is a bitch.”

“Don’t worry. We’re coming.”

Jamie’s heart warmed with affection. “Fuck. I love you, Adam.”

“I love you, too, Jamie,” Adam said softly. “I’ll see you soon.”

Jamie hung up and turned to give Gordon his phone back. “Thanks,” he said grudgingly. “They’ll be here soon.”

“Well, I guess it all worked out then.” Gordon cleaned his phone off then stuck it in his pocket. “Good for you.”

“I was almost done with parole, now I’ve got twelve more months,” Jamie grumbled. “I guess it worked out for you, too. I didn’t get away with it.”

“You got off lightly.” Gordon sneered. “I mean, look what you did to my face.”

Jamie looked at the jumble of bruises, but was unmoved. “I can’t believe you were forcing Adam to fuck you. That’s just… gross.”

“I didn’t touch his precious little ass, so you can relax,” Gordon said. “It’s all for you. Even though you don’t deserve it.”

Jamie folded his arms and frowned. “Great. Looking forward to it.”

“You know what I’m looking forward to?” Gordon smiled lecherously, then he stood. “I didn’t want to mention it because it seemed selfish, but after everything that’s happened, who cares… I recently started talking to another guy.”

Jamie stared at Gordon in disgust. “ So, you were raping Adam, and talking to another guy? All at the same time?”

“Yep.”

“How do you get so many dates?” Jamie asked as a ball of anger grew inside of him. “Do you promise them money?”

“I promise them favors,” Gordon said casually. “Presents. Trips. Pretty much anything but cash.”

“You’re an animal, you know that?” Jamie curled his lip. “I at least hope this one is over eighteen.”

“Yeah, I’m not falling for that trick again,” Gordon laughed. “You can have the jailbait. I’ll pass.”

Jamie wanted to spit he was so angry.

“And I might be an animal, but I’m not a stupid one,” Gordon drawled, patting Jamie on the shoulder. “I have too many customers to handle on my own. Especially without a delivery boy. I’ll be sending you some of my least favorite people.”

Jamie shook Gordon’s arm off. “Don’t bother doing it now. I don’t even have my phone.”

“Oh. Well, have fun waiting for your ride, then,” Gordon said, sliding past. “I’m sure they’ll be here soon enough.”

Jamie watched him go, a strong mixture of anger and disgust swirling in his belly. It was extremely unsettling.

He went to the bathroom and splashed some cold water on his face. He was definitely shaken. The trial had been a nerve-wracking one and the time in the cell even more so. He was so anxious to get out of this place…

He waited a few minutes, then decided Gordon was gone. He left the bathroom and took the stairs to street level. He didn’t care how long it took or how cold it was outside, he headed straight for the doors. He took the steps in front of the courthouse halfway, then hunkered down to wait.

Copyright © 2021 mastershakeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Headed to probation on Monday. Jaime's not thinking about his drug test yet. I hope he likes drinking lots of water.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

This fucking guy... I really hope his new squeeze is an undercover cop and he gets busted big time.

Now if Jamie has any sense, which I seriously doubt, he'll steer clear of any customers Gordon sends his way. Sounds like they may be able to stay at T's house for a while, so he should take a real job, earn some money to get himself another car and then save up for a house. I don't think Creepo is done with him yet.

Is Jamie stupid enough to fall for what looks like an obvious set up for drug charges? No, but he'll probably do it anyway because he wants easy money. I hope Adam and Harper can talk some sense into him.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Gordon is still an issue, I hope he picks the wrong person as his next conquest.

Jamie got off pretty easy with another year on probation. Adam and Harper need to convince him to give up the drugs, maybe T can help them out.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Heres hoping that asswipe gets hit by a car

After going through a series of gold diggers who suck his bank account dry and leave before he can force them to service him. I want his gross habits to be his undoing, let him try to sugar daddy the wrong guy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Just now, Shadow086 said:

After going through a series of gold diggers who suck his bank account dry and leave before he can force them to service him. I want his gross habits to be his undoing, let him try to sugar daddy the wrong guy.

You scare me

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

You scare me

I'm glad to hear that. Some problems require more 'creative' solutions, after all. :lol:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

What day of the week is it?Will five days have passed when he shows up on Monday?Assuming the pee test doesn't put him back in jail an extra year of parole might be a blessing in disguise for Jamie.

"And I might be an animal But I'm not a stupid one, " said the man who paid T for his drugs with a electronic bank transfer. 

Edited by weinerdog
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

What day of the week is it?Will five days have passed when he shows up on Monday?Assuming the pee test doesn't put him back in jail an extra year of parole might be a blessing in disguise for Jamie.

"And I might be an animal But I'm not a stupid one, " said the man who paid T for his drugs with a electronic bank transfer. 

Stop it! That didn't happen 😂😂😂

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

I still don't trust Gordon. Jamie needs to be careful as Gordon can still cause him, Adam and Harper trouble. Hopefully gordons next 'boyfriend' is the one to rid the world of the creep.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, weinerdog said:

What day of the week is it?Will five days have passed when he shows up on Monday?Assuming the pee test doesn't put him back in jail an extra year of parole might be a blessing in disguise for Jamie.

"And I might be an animal But I'm not a stupid one, " said the man who paid T for his drugs with a electronic bank transfer. 

And puts all his drug money in the bank without a job to explain how he's earning it?

I like how this shows him as someone who thinks he's a lot smarter more clever than he actually is. Maybe the cops are letting him run loose because it's helping them build a case against T.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Shadow086 said:

And puts all his drug money in the bank without a job to explain how he's earning it?

I like how this shows him as someone who thinks he's a lot smarter more clever than he actually is. Maybe the cops are letting him run loose because it's helping them build a case against T.

I really regret saying he paid electronically. It makes zero sense in retrospect. I said he had foodstamps and rent assistance. There's no way he could keep those with a bank account. They'd know he was lying about his income. Also, yeah, the FBI or something would see. Idk 😂

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, mastershakeme said:

I really regret saying he paid electronically. It makes zero sense in retrospect. I said he had foodstamps and rent assistance. There's no way he could keep those with a bank account. They'd know he was lying about his income. Also, yeah, the FBI or something would see. Idk 😂

"Hello, I'm from the IRS and I have a few questions." 😆

The problem is there's no way he could have the amount of money he says he has and not raise suspicion somewhere along the way, unless he keeps it all in cash somewhere in his trailer where it could easily be stolen by one of his conquests. I'm assuming he's just stupid and sees the money coming in and never gave a thought about how he'd need a decent cover story for having that kind of income.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..