Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Concrete - 7. The Deal

Harper wasn’t allowed to ride her new bike to the bus stop and she thought it was unfair.

“I just wanted to show everyone,” Harper grumbled as they walked. “I know I can’t take it to school with me.”

“Well, I don’t have time to walk it back,” Jamie said. “I’ve got stuff to do this morning at Gordon’s house.”

“You mean with Adam?” Harper asked, perceptive as always.

“He’s coming along, so he’s included.”

“I like Adam,” Harper said. “He seems nice.”

“Apparently, he’s helping Gordon clean his whole house, so he’s being extra nice.

Harper giggled. “Do you think we could go see him again if the house is clean? Please. I barely got to see him last time.”

“We’ll see,” Jamie said lightly. “If the air is breathable today, I’ll think about it.”

They reached the bus stop, and Jamie ruffled the little girl’s hair.

“Daddy! You always mess up my hair when you do that,” Harper complained.

Jamie squatted to fix Harper’s fine, blonde hair. He smoothed it back into place then snuck a kiss on the cheek. “How’s that? Better than the hair?”

“Hardly.” Harper wiped the kiss off as her little friends chuckled with childish amusement.

Jamie smiled. “See you later, kid,” he said, then he turned and started back down the road. He lit a cigarette as he walked and was almost finished with it by the time he reached Gordon’s place. He flicked it out, then hopped up on the porch and knocked.

Gordon answered almost immediately. “Oh. It’s just you,” he said, then moved aside and ushered Jamie inside. “I tried to let everyone know last night that I’d be out today. I should do it more often. I’ve been swamped with business this morning.”

“Hmm.” Jamie didn’t have much of an opinion. He looked around the room instead. “Wow. You guys really cleaned this place out.”

Gordon turned and took it all in as well. “Isn’t it nice? This place hasn’t looked this clean… ever.”

The TV had been dusted. The coffee table was free of debris. Everything on the desk was put away neatly. It was the first time Jamie had seen the carpet and he was surprised it was blue.

“Come on. Let me show you my room. It’s like night and day.”

Grudgingly, Jamie followed Gordon down the hall and past the bathroom. The shower was running and there was a small pile of clothes on the floor. He stepped over them carefully. It seemed Adam was still getting ready.

Gordon showed Jamie his room behind the blue and red curtain. A dresser and a bed dominated the space, but everything had been put away and the room just smelled clean.

“He did all this work last night, and didn’t have time to get around to the bathroom,” Gordon laughed. “He woke up this morning and jumped in the stall with the bleach. He wouldn’t use it until he’d scrubbed the whole thing down.”

“That’s… probably a good idea.”

“Whatever.” Gordon snorted as he squeezed around Jamie and grabbed the discarded clothes off the floor. Sneakily, he brought the clothes to his nose and inhaled, but Jamie saw him do it. He frowned. “And he’s got me washing clothes now,” Gordon laughed, bundling the clothes to his chest. “Isn’t that fun?”

“Yeah. Fun,” Jamie said tightly. “So, Adam texted me something yesterday that really disturbed me.”

“What?” Gordon blinked. “He’s already got your number?”

“He asked for it, because he trusts me,” Jamie said, folding his arms.

Gordon stared at him for a moment, then he turned away and started for the laundry. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Jamie followed him into the little room next to the kitchen and watched as Gordon started a load. “Do you even know how to do that?”

“Not really. But the washer and dryer have been here since I moved in, so I might as well get some use out of them.”

Jamie furrowed his brow. “I heard you asked Adam for nudes.”

Gordon dropped the lid on the washing machine. “I did not ask him for nudes!”

“Well, you asked him for pictures with his shirt off. I don’t know how that’s any different,” Jamie drawled.

“It’s different because his lower half is covered,” Gordon said, punching the buttons on the washer, so it started with a lurch. “Jesus Christ. You’re making me out to be some kind of pedophile!”

Jamie wanted to jump on the pedophile remark, but he restrained himself. “Adam wouldn’t have told me if it didn’t bother him, but he did,” he said firmly. “Cut it out, Gordon. Don’t ask for any more pictures.”

“You can’t tell me what to do,” Gordon snapped. “He’s my house guest. Not yours.”

“That doesn’t mean you get to abuse him,” Jamie said through his teeth. “I promised to watch out for him and I’m taking my job seriously.”

“Oh, you’re watching out for him? What about me?!”

Jamie narrowed his eyes. “If you weren’t here, there’d be no reason to fear for his safety.”

Gordon threw up his arms in frustration. “What?!”

“You need to stop creeping on Adam,” Jamie said. “I’m watching you, Gordon.”

Suddenly there was a soft tap at the front door. Gordon perked up.

“You don’t get to set the rules in this house,” he said, stepping around the washer and stopping right in front of Jamie. “I don’t mind you being friends with Adam, but if you’re going to talk shit about me and plan to take me down, then I’ll block you on his phone. I can do that you know. Oh, then I’ll find someone else to drive my drugs around. You aren’t the only criminal with a driver’s license.”

Jamie glared at him. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t want to be blocked. That actually meant more to him than the job.

“Sounds like I’ve got a customer,” Gordon said, then he pushed through Jamie in the doorway. “Check on Adam, will you? I’ve got to deal with this.”

Jamie stepped back into the kitchen and watched Gordon slip out onto the porch. He’d kind of wanted to watch the deal take place, so he could get a feel for the price, at least, but he also wanted to check on Adam…

He started down the hallway. The water wasn’t running anymore and he determined Adam had finished his shower. He stopped next to the door and knocked.

“Uh, hey. It’s me. Just wondering if you’re dressed yet.”

There was a brief pause, then the door creaked open, and Adam emerged in a towel.

Jamie couldn’t help looking over Adam’s wet body as he stepped into the hall. His chest was smooth and hairless. His belly was neat and tight. He had soft, pink nipples, and they were getting pebbled in the cool air.

“Hi,” Adam said, pushing his damp hair out of his face and smiling. “I thought I heard you and Gordon talking.”

“I just told him off for the nudie pics, so watch out. He may be a little grumpy,” Jamie said.

“He was already grumpy when I started cleaning the bathroom,” Adam joked. “Oh well, I guess we’ll just have to deal with him.”

Jamie felt weird trying to follow Adam into his room, so he fell back as Adam started down the hall.

“Could you come in here for a minute?” Adam asked, nodding to his room at the end of the hall. “I wanted to show you something.”

Jamie was just over six foot, and he felt every inch of it as he loomed into Adam’s little room. It was even smaller than his daughter’s and had even less in it. He stood awkwardly in the doorway. “Should I sit down?” he asked, nodding toward the mattress in the corner.

“Oh, yes, that’s fine,” Adam said, and Jamie walked into the room and took a seat. “Sorry there’s nowhere else to sit. Maybe when we go shopping today, we can find some cool stuff to put in here.” Adam nudged the door shut behind him, then with a flourish, he let his towel fall away.

Jamie covered his face. “Uh…what are you doing?”

“Getting dressed,” Adam teased. “I didn’t know it’d bother you that much.”

“Well, since I know you’re a minor—”

“Would you stop saying that like its some sort of disease,” Adam snapped. “So what if I’m a little underaged. I emancipated myself and now I’m an adult and can do things adults can do.”

“Like what?” Jamie snorted, thinking of all the things he wasn’t supposed to be doing on probation.

“Like have sex,” Adam said. “Nothing’s going to stop me from getting laid now. Especially my age.”

“What did you want to show me, Adam,” Jamie sighed.

“I’ll show you, but you can’t freak out. Okay?” There was a ruffle of clothing and Jamie looked up to see Adam in a pair of briefs and nothing else. His new phone was cradled in his hand, and he stretched it out for Jamie to take.

It was a news article with the heading: Local boy goes missing.

“Oh, christ!” Jamie said the second he saw Adam’s portrait beneath the heading. “Where is this posted? Who’s seen this?”

“It’s all over the news back home,” Adam said, hugging his bare chest. “My parents are making a huge deal out of it.”

“Did you think they wouldn’t?” Jamie scrolled through the article until he clearly saw the words seventeen-year-old. “Ugh! I can’t read this. What does it say?”

“They found my note,” Adam started. “But it didn’t have the effect I was hoping for.”

Jamie dropped the phone and pushed his hands through his hair. “What did it say?”

“It said everything I always wanted to tell them,” Adam said. “ That I’m gay. That I’ve always been gay. That I was unhappy… then I mentioned I’d found someone who accepted me and I was going away to live with him.”

“That sounds… about right,” Jamie muttered.

“Yeah, but they’re insisting I was kidnapped,” Adam said. “They’re doing everything in their power to find me when I clearly said I didn’t want to be found.”

“Oh, fuck.” Jamie rubbed his face. “I’ve got to get you home.”

“No!” Adam said immediately. “No. That’s not why I showed that to you.”

“But that’s the only thing on my mind right now,” Jamie admitted. “Taking you home.”

“Please.” Adam rushed to the bed and knelt in front of Jamie. “Don’t make me go home…I showed that to you so you’d help me hide. I need to change my appearance as much as possible, and I need you to back me up.”

Jamie looked deep into Adam’s soulful brown eyes. “This is crazy, kid. You’re going to get us in so much trouble.”

Adam smiled faintly. “Not if we don’t get caught.”

“Knock-knock,” Gordon said from the door as it slid partway open. He blinked at the scene on the bed, then his eyebrows raised. “What’s going on in here?”

“I’m trying to convince Jamie my hair should be blond, too,” Adam said coolly. “I want to get it cut, as well. I think I should change up my look.”

“Blond? But I like the way your hair is now. It’s cute,” Gordon said, smiling slowly. “It suits you.”

“But I want to be more than just cute,” Adam pouted, then turned back to Jamie and sighed. “See. I told you. I already asked him about it last night and he said it was a bad idea.”

“I just don’t understand who you’re trying to impress is all,” Gordon said, leaning against the door jamb. “I think you’re gorgeous just the way you are. Don’t mess with your hair.”

“You’ve got the money, don’t you?” Jamie snapped.” Get the kid a haircut. It’s what he wants.”

Gordon frowned at him. “Its going to be a long day, isn’t it.”

“Apparently.”

Gordon looked away, his expression unhappy. “Fine. I guess we could get you a haircut first.”

“I was thinking something short.” Adam stood up, and his nudity was extremely distracting. His crotch was right in Jamie’s face and he did everything he could not to look at it. “And maybe not blond, but I want to try a different color.”

“How about a nice honey blond,” Gordon said, looking Adam up and down with no compunctions. “Something to warm up your face.”

“Yeah! I could rock that look.”

Gordon smiled fondly at the boy, then his eyes turned back to Jamie and it fell away. “You should really let Adam get dressed in peace. I can’t believe you came in here like this.”

Jamie got off the bed. “Yeah. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“I asked you in here,” Adam laughed. “Gordon. It’s okay. He can stay.”

“I don’t think it’s appropriate,” Gordon said, opening the door a bit wider.

“He’s right. It’s not,” Jamie said, then quickly exited the room. He breezed down the hall, then stood uncomfortably in the living room, not sure what to do with himself.

Gordon knew what he was doing, however. He stood in Adam’s doorway, chatting about hair colors while the boy finished dressing.

Jamie glared at the older man. He was being creepy again!

Eventually, Gordon and Adam joined Jamie in the living room.

“I guess we decided. We’re walking to the hairdresser on the corner, then going to the dealership from there. We’ll get an Uber or something.”

“Okay?” Jamie said.

“Sorry the plan’s changed,” Adam said remorsefully, but he looked excited. “I just wanted to change up my look now that I’m out of my parents place.”

Jamie looked at him pointedly. He wondered if Adam had showed Gordon the same article, but it seemed he hadn’t. That really made him upset, and he started for the door with a huff.

Adam caught up with Jamie in the driveway. “Are you really that upset?”

“About the haircut? No. About you lying to Gordon so you can stay? Yes.”

Adam fell in step with Jamie, pouting like a little kid. “That’s all I’m trying to do, you know. Trying to stay.”

“If we get caught walking around with you, we’ll go to jail,” Jamie said harshly. “Nobody’s going to care you left your parents a note. They started a kidnapping investigation!”

“I know,” Adam whined.

“It’s great your trying to change your appearance now, but you and Gordon were all over New Haven just the other day, completely undisguised,” Jamie grumbled. “Let’s just hope they don’t find any security footage of you two.”

“It doesn’t matter if they do, they aren’t going to find us,”. Adam said firmly. “I don’t care what you think. I’m here to stay and nothing is going to make me go back.”

Jamie looked at him in amazement. “What did your parents do to you that was so terrible? Why can’t you go back?”

Adam looked over his shoulder at Gordon struggling to keep up, then he turned back with a sigh. “It’s not so much what they did. It’s what they support that scares me.”

Jamie pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lit up. “What do you mean?”

“It all started maybe twenty years ago…”

Jamie snorted. “So, before you were born?”

Adam glared at him. “Yes. But this story isn’t about me. It’s about my cousin, Martin.”

Jamie puffed his cigarette in silence.

“Martin and I don’t have a lot in common. We’re twenty years apart. He lives in Alaska. He has a wife and kids,” Adam said. “But we do have one thing we share. We’re both gay.”

“Huh?”

“My aunt and uncle have their own conversion therapy in New York. And they started it after they converted their own son,” Adam said. “They’re monsters. People from all over the world pay them to turn their teenagers straight!”

“Oh, damn. I thought they’d made that illegal years ago,” Jamie said.

“It’s not illegal. It’s just frowned upon by most of the science community,” Adam said. “Anyone who has money can do it, and my parents have the money.”

“Shit, so they were going to send you to a gay boot camp?”

“Pretty much,” Adam said. “You should hear the way the ex students talk about the place. They were abused so horribly, but they’re grateful for it.”

“That’s brutal.”

“I’m sure that’s the reason my parents are looking for me,” Adam said, and he sighed. “They want to put me in that conversion group… I shouldn’t have even mentioned I was gay, but I just had to get it out there.”

“I don’t blame you,” Jamie said, and really, he didn’t. Living a lie was hard…

They exited the trailer park and started down the sidewalk. Still, Gordon was more than three arms lengths away. He was slow, and he was grabbing his hip like there was something wrong with it.

“So, imagining you don’t get caught. What’s your plan here?” Jamie asked, blowing smoke out his nose.

“I haven’t even thought that far yet,” Adam laughed.” Well, I guess my plan was to get a boyfriend and then get laid. So, I guess anything that brings me closer to eligible men is a plus.”

“And who’s an eligible man? Just someone single?”

“Oh, I’ve got way more standards than that,” Adam laughed. “I’m not boning a grandpa, so there’s definitely an age limit.”

“Okay, so no old guys,” Jamie said. “Strike one against poor Gordon.”

Adam snorted. “He wasn’t even in the running to begin with. I was hoping I’d find a guy that was attractive and fit.”

“Strike two, strike three. Man, Gordon has no chance with you.”

“Mmm. I was also hoping for a blond,” Adam said lightly. “I’ve always had a thing for blonds.”

“This imaginary guy sounds like me without tattoos.”

“I didn’t get around to the tattoo part yet.”

Jamie snorted with amusement. “All right, kid. I know you like me. I’m flattered.”

“Is that all?” Adam fluttered his eyelashes. “I was hoping for more, actually.”

“I’ve never been with a guy before,” Jamie said uncomfortably. “Not even when I was in jail.”

“Well, did you think about it?”

Jamie flicked his cigarette out. “I might have thought about it some.”

Adam got jittery with excitement.

“What are you guys talking about up there?” Gordon called out, and finally, Jamie and Adam slowed to let him catch up. “Jesus, I must have pulled my hip cleaning last night. It’s killing me.”

“You’re moving like a little bitch,” Jamie said. “Come on, man. We’re almost there.”

“I have to get us an Uber for the next place. I can’t deal with all this walking today.”

“How far is the dealership?” Adam asked.

“Not far,” Jamie said. “Maybe three blocks north of here.”

“Oh, come on. We can walk,” Adam said. “Ubers are expensive. Let’s save your money for other things.”

Gordon groaned.

Jamie started walking again and Adam followed. Gordon dragged his feet behind them, grumbling about Ubers.

They made it to the plaza in just a few minutes. The corner store with the flirty cashier loomed in the distance. Jamie totally avoided it though and led the way to the hairdressers a few stores down.

“Hello,” a cheerful black woman said when they entered. “What can I do for you boys?”

“Nothing for me, thanks,” Gordon said as he slouched into a chair in the waiting room.

The lady looked at Jamie and Adam next, and Jamie nudged the boy forward. “Tell her what you want.”

Adam was shy at first, but he managed to get in the chair and tell the lady what he wanted. Shorter, lighter, and just cooler all over.

Jamie stood next to Adam’s chair while it happened. The lady took Adam’s hair short on the sides, but left it longer on top so he could style it. Then she put in some highlights that changed the color. She arranged it so it covered just one of his eyes and he smiled at the result.

“Wow, I look so different,” he said, checking himself out in the mirror.

Jamie studied Adam’s face in the reflection. He looked much more mature without the floppy, teenage style. He looked good. He had the most gorgeous eyes and they stuck out shockingly with the lighter hair.

Adam turned and caught Jamie’s gaze. “Is it too much?”

“No. Its just right,” Jamie said, smiling. “I like it.”

“Aren’t you going to ask me?” Rudely, Gordon elbowed around Jamie. “I am the man who’s paying for it, after all.”

“Oh, uh… what do you think?” Adam asked.

Gordon folded his arms. “It was better longer, but I like the color all right.”

Adam bit his plump bottom lip. “T-thanks.”

“It certainly took long enough,” Gordon grumbled, getting out his wallet. “It’s almost eleven.” He pulled out a fifty and handed it to the lady. “The tip’s included. Thanks.”

The lady made a face. She was suddenly less cheerful. “You’re welcome.”

“Now come on. I already ordered us a car. It’ll be here any minute,” Gordon said, turning for the door. “I’m not walking all the way to the dealership. Not with this hip.”

“Thank you,” Jamie said to the woman, then he took Adam’s forearm and led him after the older man.

Gordon waited outside, leaning against the building with a grumpy look on his face.

“What’s wrong now?” Jamie asked with a huff.

Gordon glared at Jamie, then his gaze shifted to Adam. “I’m just wondering how much money I’ll have to spend before I can get some attention.”

“Oh.” Adam broke away from Jamie and wrapped Gordon in an awkward, half hug. “Thank you for the haircut. I love it.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Jamie rolled his eyes at the scene. Gordon just kept getting creepier and creepier.

“So, what kind of car are we looking for at the dealership?” Adam asked, staying close to Gordon.

“Something Jamie can drive,” Gordon said. “I don’t have a license, so it’s not for me.”

“But… why?”

“I’m technically disabled,” Gordon said with a shrug. “When I get the car registered, we might even get a handicap plaque.”

Adam looked at him skeptically. “You never mentioned that. What’s your disability?”

“Degenerative disk disease. My back and hip are all fucked up.”

“Oh.”

“We should probably get a van,” Gordon said. “Something easy for me to get in and out of.”

“You did all right in my mom’s Camry,” Jamie said, and both men looked at him. “You should consider the gas mileage on a smaller vehicle.”

“Yeah. Maybe.”

A car pulled up along the curb with the Uber label on the side.

“That’s our ride,” Gordon said, taking Adam’s hand and tugging him closer. “Let’s go.”

Adam and Gordon ended up in the back together, and Jamie had to ride up front with the driver. Fortunately, it was a short drive across town and the seating arrangements didn’t matter for long.

When they got to the dealership, Jamie got out and browsed. Adam and Gordon wandered around, chatting about something, but Jamie had a mission.

Yesterday, Gordon had promised to buy Jamie a car. If he worked for him, of course. Gordon wanted to sell his crack in new areas, and he needed a car and a body to reach them. Jamie was going to be that body, and now, they had to find the matching car.

Jamie considered gas, mileage, engine size, everything under the sun as he walked around the lot. He was taking it very seriously, and he wanted to make the right choice.

When he saw the black Chevy Impala, he knew he’d found the right car. The price was right. The mileage was great. The engine size was commendable. It got good miles to the gallon and plus it would be inconspicuous on the road.

Jamie turned to find Gordon and Adam and saw they’d already located a salesman. He caught their eyes and waved them over enthusiastically.

“This is the one,” he said, pointing to the Impala. “It’s your best bet, Gordon.”

“Well, you heard the man, draw up the papers!” Gordon said to the salesman. “We want to drive it off the lot today.”

The salt-and-pepper salesman was more than happy to oblige. He ripped the price sticker off the window, then drew Gordon into the office with the promise of coffee.

“I’ll just stay out here,” Jamie called after Gordon.

“Yeah. All right.”

“Me too,” Adam chimed in, but Gordon was getting an earful from the salesman and was too busy to reply.

Jamie and Adam were alone yet again. The sun was out, but it was a cool October day and Jamie almost wished he’d worn a coat.

Adam slid a finger along the Impala’s paint job. “Nice car.”

“It’ll do the job,” Jamie said, pausing to light up a cigarette.

“Can I have one of those?” Adam asked, nodding to the pack, and Jamie raised an eyebrow.

“Are you sure about that?” he asked. “I’ve been addicted since I was a kid. It’s a horrible habit to start.”

“I just wanted to try one,” Adam said.” You make then look so cool.”

Jamie snorted, then handed his lit cigarette to Adam. “Just wait until your coughing. Then you’ll really look cool.”

Adam took a casual draw off the filter, then he released the smoke in a long ribbon. “Do I look cool now?”

Jamie frowned at him. Of course he’d know how to do it! “A little,” he admitted.

Adam took a step closer, smiling, then he stumbled. “Whoa.” Jamie grabbed his shoulder to stabilize him, and Adam straightened with a groan. “That went right to my head. I’m so dizzy.”

“It does that sometimes,” Jamie said, rubbing his arm warmly. “It’s called a nicotine rush.”

“Wow. How long does it last?”

“It’ll be over in just a couple minutes,” Jamie assured him. “Just relax.”

Adam relaxed against Jamie, his back and shoulder pressed into Jamie’s firm abdomen. He brought the cigarette to his plump lips for a second time and took another drag. His eyes fluttered shut and Jamie had a strange urge to kiss his beautiful mouth…

Jamie looked away as soon as the thought came to mind. He grabbed his pack off the Impala’s hood and lit another cigarette.

“So, why exactly did you change your mind about Gordon’s drug deals?” Adam asked, his lips creeping up at the corners. “Is it because of me? Did I convince you?”

“Yes, and no,” Jamie said. “What eventually changed my mind was the money. Gordon’s offering to give me forty percent of his earnings if I’ll do this. That’s enough money to get out of my mom’s for good.”

“How much is a house?”

“In Akron? Maybe sixty k. Maybe less if your willing to take a fixer upper, and I could fix up any house I moved into. I’m good with drywall and shit.”

“That’d be so much fun!” Adam squealed. “I’d love to fix up a house.”

“Me too.”

“You should let me move in with you if you do get a place,” Adam said.” Gordon’s trailer is alright, but I’m already sick of the cats. They were scratching at my door all night long, trying to come in and poop!”

“What?” Jamie laughed.

“Just… promise me you’ll save me a space in your new house,” Adam said. “I don’t need much room. I can cook and clean. I’m a good house guest, I promise.”

Jamie couldn’t help himself. Adam looked so cute, he ruffled his hair like he did his daughter’s. “All right, shorty. I promise.”

Adam looked up at him with so much longing in his eyes, Jamie was struck dumb. He dropped his hand to his side, and started to apologize for messing Adam’s hair, when Adam leaned up on his toes and silenced him with a kiss.

Jamie pulled away at once. “What are you doing?”

Adam turned away, his cheeks filling with color. “I don’t know. I just thought I should kiss you.”

Jamie wiped his mouth. “What if Gordon saw?”

“I don’t care of Gordon saw,” Adam muttered. “Maybe he’d get the hint if he did. I’m not into him. I’m into you.

“But you’re only seventeen. I can’t… I can’t even be with you!” Jamie hissed. “It’s fucking illegal!”

“Everything we’re planning to do is illegal to some degree,” Adam said easily. “Why does this have to be any different?”

Jamie stared at the boy in amazement. “I… how can you even ask that of me?”

Adam’s bottom lip trembled with emotion. “Because I really like you, Jamie, and I want to get to know you.”

Jamie slowly shook his head. “I don’t even know how it’d be possible. I know you think Gordon’s going to let you date other people, but I think he’ll throw you on the street first.”

As if his name had summoned him, Gordon called out from behind him. “I’ve got the keys! Ready for a test drive?”

Jamie turned with a huff. “Yeah. Sure. Whatever.”

Gordon stopped behind the car. “Did I just interrupt something?”

“No,” Jamie hissed, then he lurched forward and grabbed the keys. “Let’s go. You want to test her out?”

Gordon blinked. “We’ve got like a half hour while the paperwork comes through. I thought you might actually like to see the car before I signed.”

“Absolutely,” Jamie scowled, then he unlocked the doors. “Get in.”

Copyright © 2021 mastershakeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So Adam has made his intentions clear to Jamie, he wants him. The newspaper article is worrying. Gordon isn't gonna be happy with Adam and Jamie scheming behind his back.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

It's hard to imagine this situation staying the same unless Jamie and Adam are really discreet. Even so Gordon is going to want some from Adam something dramatic is going to have to happen. 

So Gordon hasn't been using his washer and dryer?So what has he been doing?When his clothes got too stinky he just bought new ones until those got stinky?🤔

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I had a feeling Gordon would be a covert sniffer. All the time he's been there and never used the washer or dryer. How does that work? Send his clothes to a laundry?

Adam's only been there a day and he's already let Jamie see him naked, kissed him, told him he's hot, asked to move in with him if he gets a house, and practically said he wants to date him. This is moving really fast. If they're in Ohio, Adam isn't legally underaged as far as the consent laws. Being 17 is still a problem with his parents having control over him and any time at all in one of those conversion places would be too much.

Gordon is not going to be a happy camper.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

"Gordon was getting creepy again." Well we know what Gordon wants and we know what Adam doesn't want. Jamie is stuck in the middle; nothing good can come out of this situation. 

It's difficult to believe that conversion therapy is still legal. Here in Canada the Liberal government has tried to make it illegal but the Conservative opposition and "God-fearing" religious people keep trying to block any attempt tp pass any legislation outlawing it. It's a barbaric practive that needs to be eliminated. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Quote

Gordon glared at Jamie, then his gaze shifted to Adam. “I’m just wondering how much money I’ll have to spend before I can get some attention.”

And there it is, Creepy Gordon's little 'plan' to get Adam's affection. I can't imagine things going well when he finds out that Adam is really not interested in having a sugar daddy. And now he's threatening to cut Jamie off? Talk about a bunch of red flags! It can only get worse once Gordon finds out about the kidnapping report and can hold that over their heads too. Whatever plans Jamie and Adam have will have to include taking Gordon down.

At least Adam made his intentions clear, now to see how Jamie responds. They have to be really careful and stay under Gordon's radar, but I don't see that being Adam's style.

And please stay away from the cancer sticks, Adam, the 'bad boy' image doesn't suit you at all. :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

We all knew it but now it's official Gordon is a creep, one of a high order, ugh. Adam knows what he wants and seems to be prepared do what it takes to get it, but does he really understand what he may have to do? After all Gordon has his own agenda. Adam figures highly in it in a way that Adam doesn't want and to gordon Jamie is just another tool to use and abuse, my guess is until he is surplus to requirements. 

It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drpaladin said:

I had a feeling Gordon would be a covert sniffer. All the time he's been there and never used the washer or dryer. How does that work? Send his clothes to a laundry?

Adam's only been there a day and he's already let Jamie see him naked, kissed him, told him he's hot, asked to move in with him if he gets a house, and practically said he wants to date him. This is moving really fast. If they're in Ohio, Adam isn't legally underaged as far as the consent laws. Being 17 is still a problem with his parents having control over him and any time at all in one of those conversion places would be too much.

Gordon is not going to be a happy camper.

I didn't know that was true about the consent laws. So, technically, it isn't illegal? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

 

So Gordon hasn't been using his washer and dryer?So what has he been doing?When his clothes got too stinky he just bought new ones until those got stinky?🤔

I know it's weird but I lived without a washer for a while 😂 You just keep your clothes as clean as you can, and exchange them with more dirty/clean clothes! Not ideal 😋

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Petey said:

"Gordon was getting creepy again." Well we know what Gordon wants and we know what Adam doesn't want. Jamie is stuck in the middle; nothing good can come out of this situation. 

It's difficult to believe that conversion therapy is still legal. Here in Canada the Liberal government has tried to make it illegal but the Conservative opposition and "God-fearing" religious people keep trying to block any attempt tp pass any legislation outlawing it. It's a barbaric practive that needs to be eliminated. 

I actually don't know if it's legal or not. I just needed it to be for the story purposes... It is barbaric. I totally agree. And useless, too, because it doesn't work! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

3 things I love about this chapter:

1) Gordon, the shameless perv, sniffing Adam's dirty clothes

2) Glorification of smoking cigarettes *

3) Non-judgmental portrayal of the occupation of illegal drug dealer **

@mastershakeme- don't ever change your style!  Your characters are quirky, weird, misguided, depraved and/or confused and I love them all.  Possibly even Gordon!  (I guess that depends on what he does next....)

 

* This is not to suggest that I, the commenter, advocate cigarette smoking.  It makes you reek.  You can use all the Fabreeze and breath mints that you want, but anyone who comes within 5 feet of you will immediately notice that you smell like an ashtray.  Also, if you go on a casual hike with family or friends, you will be embarrassed when you realize after 1/4 mile that there's no way you can keep up, so you have to pretend like you're sick and tell everyone to go on without you & you'll just wait back at the car.  Smoking is bad!  Having said that, the reason I love the glorification of cigarettes in this story is because no one glorifies cigarettes any more.  Therefore, it's refreshing and unique

** This is not to suggest that I, the commenter, advocate selling illegal drugs.  Anyone who's watched BREAKING BAD or THE WIRE knows what happens to drug dealers.  It seems like a great occupation if your goal in life is to end up in prison, or dead, or dead in prison.  That being said, I appreciate the neutral presentation of the drug dealing profession in this story because it's not something you encounter very often, if ever.  Certainly not these days where everything has to be politically correct. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..