Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 4,058 Words
  • 3,650 Views
  • 44 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

After The Past - 5. Chapter 5

There's some love, sex, some satisfaction and sadness.

After The Past

 

Chapter 5

 

After more conversation, trust was established and Davis’ whole group moved in.

Barry’s two sons and Davis rode out to try and determine how far away the gang was from the ranch. We needed to know how much time we had. Organization was a big part of whether we’d win this war.

Cathy worked with Barry, getting all the people, wagons and animals stored away. Tents were set up, cooking stations prepared and cooks were found. Everyone had something to do and it was nice to see that everyone wanted to work.

Jae and I spent our time helping to sort and clean the various weapons we had amassed. Everything had to work, and be paired with the correct ammo and operator.

Barry came to get me and I left Jae cleaning guns, while Barry and I discussed what to do with people who couldn’t fight and who needed protection. We were sitting on the porch watching the hustle and bustle of people working.

“I think we need to find out how many we’re talking about. The only places we could put them is in the cellar under the house, or in the barn.” Barry hitched up his jeans and said, “I’ll, um go and talk to Cathy about that. She’d know better how many.”

I grinned at him. “Yeah, you do that.”

“What?” His eyes sparkled like I’ve never seen them.

“I’m not blind, Barry. Cathy is a lovely woman. I’d do the same if I were you.”

“There’s nothing going on, Dave. We only just met.”

“No? She with someone?”

“No, I don’t think so.”

I put my arm around his shoulders and hugged him. “Then if you like her, don’t waste time with games. Show her you’re interested before someone else does.”

Barry smiled shyly and nodded. “You’re right. Now isn’t the time for games. I’m gonna talk to her about numbers, and well, how I’m feeling.”

“Good man.”

I watched him walk away with some verve in his step! I couldn’t stop grinning myself.

Jae came out the front door a few minutes later, holding two cups. “Where’s Barry? I brought him some coffee.”

I stood up to accept mine and leaned over to kiss his cheek. “He’s gone to see a woman about some numbers.” I sipped the coffee. “Thanks, babe.”

“Oh well, I’ll drink it.” Jae sat and sipped the coffee. “I’m feeling a bit tired, Dave. You think it would be okay if I lay down for a while?”

“You sure you’re okay?” I had to remember it had only been a couple of days since he’d come back; he was still recovering.

“Yeah. Just a bit tired is all.”

I took his cup and mine, and put them on the small table. I grabbed Jae’s hand and led him into the house and upstairs to our room. Once inside, I kicked the door shut.

Jae smirked, and walked into my arms. Then his lips were on mine, and his arms around me. I let myself return his passion for a minute or so before disengaging gently.

“Hey, I thought you wanted to lie down.” I smiled at him.

“Aww. Yeah I do, but we haven’t had a chance to ….”

“Hush now, boy. You think I don’t know! I came up here to kiss you in private and tuck you in. You will get what’s coming to you once you’re healthier.”

Jae pulled his pouting lower lip back in, grinned, and nodded. He stripped down to his briefs and crawled into bed. I sat next to him and his eyes were almost closed. I kissed his forehead and whispered, “I’ll wake you a couple of hours.”

He moaned a little, turned over and snuggled down to sleep. I left him and pulled the door closed quietly.

 

I was at the top of the staircase when I saw the front door open and Barry and Cathy enter. They were hand-in-hand. Warmed my heart that did—he was showing her the house. Barry Petersen had a lot to offer a partner. He was a good man, hardworking, generous, kind, and honest. I knew he was lonely—missing someone to share things with. I hadn’t realized that I had been too, until Jae had come into my life. I hoped Barry and Cathy would have a chance.

 

Later when we ate dinner, there was a nervous tension around the table. We were missing Terry, Joe and Davis. I hoped they would be back by morning.

 

Turned out they weren’t back in the morning. So we continued to prepare, but we were all on tenterhooks as we awaited our band of spies.

I was a little sad, because today they’d be killing my sweet not-so-little bull. It’s not like he was the first—I gave all the calves to Barry because I didn’t need a herd, but I’d never been around when it happened. It would be quick, that I knew, and well, I was glad I could contribute something. Feeding all these people—it was a lot for Barry to do on his own.

A bunch of us were in the barn after lunch trying to make it a little more comfortable for the people who would be hiding in there when, we heard the thud of hooves. Cathy, Barry and I ran out, as Davis and the boys dismounted. One of Davis’ men ran forward to take the horses. The riders were dusty and they pulled off hats and jackets before entering the house.

Cathy and I brought water and we all sat at the dining room table. Our three spies were weary, as they hadn’t slept or eaten. Cathy went into the kitchen to rustle up something for them, while the three of them drank down two glasses of water each. Steve, Sam’s number two, joined us.

Barry sat waiting while the three each wolfed down a sandwich. “So, what’s the news?”

Terry tore his attention away from his food. “Two days, Dad. They should be here in two days.” He bent to check with the other two, who nodded their heads.

Davis swallowed and had some water before he said, “But they’re a mess. There’s a lot of in-fighting and arguments. I think there are more weapons that we thought. They have a very well-guarded tent and I’ll bet that’s what’s in there. I’m afraid we couldn’t get close enough to sneak into it.”

“They’ll be coming up the road I think. None of them seem to have a head for planning—they’re like locusts—just run straight through everything and destroy it.” Davis went on, “I don’t think they’ll attack from the rear or anything like that. We need all hands at the road entrance and maybe someone to watch the rear who can ride hard to warn us if necessary.”

“I’ll do it.” That was Cathy. She smiled at Barry, who shook his head. “Don’t worry, I’m a good rider and I’ll stay out of sight. I can handle myself.”

Steve nodded. “Cath can do this. She’s a good shot and a good rider.”

Cathy reached out her hand and placed it on Barry’s forearm. The rest of us just shut up as she said, “It will be all right, Barry.”

He gazed back into her eyes and just nodded.

I thought, ‘Oh, my God. They’re falling in love.’

 

I left it to Barry, Samuel and Steve to determine where we need to place our men. It had been decided to dig holes in a zigzag pattern along the long driveway and plant dynamite—if they came up that way, well, it wouldn’t be pretty, but it had to be done.

I’d found a nice 1500 Remington which I’d fashioned into a sniper rifle. They wanted me up high on the barn. Jae helped me lug some straw bales up to the roof—I wanted some sort of protection up there. After we’d placed the final bale we sat in my sniper nest together. I was scared, and worried for all my friends, for Jae, and myself.

“Dave … I know you’re worried.” Jae leaned against me.

“Yeah, I am. I’m fucking scared.”

“Babe, it’s gonna be all right.”

Damn! I was sick of hearing everyone say that and I lashed out at the man I loved with all my heart. “How do you know that? Why do you keep saying that? If anything happens to you … I … I ….”

“Baby, please. I say that because I want to believe it.” He stroked my face. “I love you, David. Love you so much, and to get through this I need to believe.”

I hung my head. I’m not a coward but I just was not ready to die. I pulled Jae close and we kissed gently, softly. Pulling back a little, I said, “You’re right sweetheart. It’s gonna be all right.”

We embraced and just held on; it’s all we could do.

 

That night Jae and I made love. I know it hurt him, but he wanted it, too. So slowly, quietly, with our eyes locked on each other, we clung together as I stroked into him and we came together, but that wasn’t enough, I wanted so much more. We just hung on, kissing and sharing our souls the only way we could.

We slept wrapped in each other. In the morning I woke Jae and we walked to the river to clean up. The sun was rising and birds sang; the beauty around me seemed brighter and more in focus than usual. The fear I’d felt yesterday was replaced with waves of peace and contentment—Jae seemed to be feeling it too.

The river was cool, but it felt good on my skin. We washed each other and sex wasn’t what either of us wanted this morning it seemed. Just being together, in contact with each other was enough. After we hauled ourselves out of the river we sat on a rock in the sun drying off.

“Dave … If the world was normal, like people say it was years ago, and we were together, would we get married?”

I gazed at my lover. He was basking in the sun, sitting up, but arms behind him, head back, and his strong muscular legs splayed out before him, letting the sun’s warmth take the river’s coolness. I’d never thought about marriage—no one got married now. It was stay together or don’t.

“Would you want to get married, Jae? I mean we’re together and the world is nothing like it was.”

He smiled at me. “Well, maybe not like those old ceremonies, but I don’t know, it would be nice to have something. Like just say vows to each other, in front of friends and then have a little party or something. Make it a real commitment.”

“Don’t you feel committed now? I mean, I do.”

“So do I, babe. I love you. I’m not leaving you. But life is hard now and there’s so little in it celebrate. I just thought it would be nice.”

That made sense to me. He was right, there was so little that we celebrated now. During the years I’d lived alone, the only bright day out of all the rest was Christmas at the Petersen’s. It was something they celebrated, though not on the scale it used to be.

I reached for Jae’s right hand and squeezed; I pulled him close and kissed him. “When this is done … when it’s all ….” I moved around to face him and took his other hand. “Jae, when all of this is done, will you do me the honor of marrying me?”

Heedless of the rock under him, Jae threw his arms around me, buried his face in my neck and said yes. “I love you, David.”

I held him, his clean warm skin against mine. I kissed him and let my hands roam his sweet body. Jae moaned as we kissed and I pushed him back gently. Looking down into his eyes, I bent and kissed his neck while my fingers teased his inner thighs. They moved up to caress his balls, marveling in their softness and his hardening member. All the while he moaned, and touched me in kind. I knelt beside him, and sucked his nipples. I moved down his body with my lips, he reached for my now-hard cock and stroked it, while I kissed his hard belly. Reaching my goal, I took him in my mouth and pleasured him for several minutes.

Then straddling him, I reached behind me and positioned him against me and whispered, “I want you to fuck me.”

Surprise flashed across his face but he nodded and pushed into me. It was good, and we fucked slowly, while the sun warmed us. After we’d come and lay in each other’s arms, I didn’t think I could ever love him more.

 

Barry, Terry and Joe were up when we got back and we went into the house to eat breakfast. Cathy and Samuel came in a few minutes later.

I sipped my coffee as they took their seats. “Where’s Steve, Sam?”

“He’s gone to scout, and see how far away those assholes are.”

“Jerry Huth has finished wiring the driveway and the detonator. We made sure the batteries are live. We just need to wait.” Joe said as he devoured scrambled eggs and a plate of beans and tomatoes. “Mmm, oh yeah, the detonator is well hidden behind those raspberries that are just outside the fence.”

Those bushes were a tangled mess of raspberry canes. I’d picked them before, and they are worth every scratch you end up with.

Jae sat as close to me as he could while he sipped coffee and picked at a muffin. Barry noticed and asked him if he was all right.

“Yeah, Barry, I’m okay. I was just thinking. What are we gonna drink when the coffee is all gone. So much stuff we had once, we won’t anymore right?”

If he was surprised by the question, Petersen didn’t show it. “I know what you mean, but people always find a way. Yeah, one day there will be no more coffee. But there is chicory growing all over the place, it makes a fine coffee substitute. No caffeine, but we’ll get used to it and it tastes damn good.”

Jae perked up, listening with interest. “Oh really?”

“Yeah, you’ve seen those plants alongside the road, with the blue flowers? That’s chicory. And if you’re worried about sugar—there’s honey. I found a book on beekeeping, if you’d like to read it.”

Jae sat up even straighter. “Yeah, yeah I would. I could plant chicory and clover and stuff and have bees for honey. Oh, that would be terrific.” He turned to me. His smile was at least ten thousand lumens. “That would be great, wouldn’t it, baby?”

I smiled at his genuine joy and enthusiasm. “It will be great. Just imagine fresh honey for breakfast. Wonderful.”

The small talk went on for another hour or so and though it didn’t feel strained, I think all in our little company knew why we were doing it. The sound of a galloping horse made my heart jump into my throat. We all gasped and glanced around the table at each other, only Samuel said it; “Steve.”

Barry and Sam both ran out together, the rest of us followed but held back on the porch. Sam handed the horse off to one of his men. Steve was sweat-stained and dirty. He pulled off his hat and jacket, and accepted the glass of water offered to him. Barry and Sam helped the tired man up the stairs and he dropped onto a chair.

Barry leaned on the porch rail, while Davis squatted beside his friend and asked, “So? What did you find?”

“They’ll be here by tomorrow morning as far as I can tell. They don’t move fast but they are about four hour’s hard ride from here. They’re on foot mostly, so, I figure they’ll be here between 9 and 11am, if we assume they move until six this evening. I think we need to have some good riders spotting for us. So we know when they are about an hour away.”

Everyone nodded their agreement of the plan, and Barry started giving orders. “Joe, Terry, take a couple of guys who can ride. I want you to start to move the main herd to the back pastures. Leave about ten animals here. Then I want you to take all but say six horses over to Dave’s place, they should be safe there until we can go fetch them back.”

I piped up with, “There’s hay in the barn, boys.”

Barry turned to me. “Dave, I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t think there is much point putting people at your place to protect it—damn, I hate saying that ….”

“I know. It makes sense though—they’ll either sit there doing nothing when they could be helping here, or they’ll be killed anyway if we don’t stop those bastards here.”

Nodding, Barry said, “It’s my hope we do stop them.”

We worked feverishly for the remainder of that afternoon getting everything we could think of prepared. Women with little kids and babies would be in the basement of the house, others who couldn’t fight would be in the barn, and as many men as we could arm already had their weapons and ammo.

In the morning we’d leave saddled horses inside the barn ready if we needed them. Cathy and Barry had found a place for her to watch from near the rear entrance.

 

I was up in my crow’s nest making final preparations for the next morning. I’d broken down a couple of bales so I had a comfortable place to lie prone but still see, and I had some cover. But these bales would not stop a bullet, no way, no how. So, I’d filled a bunch of sandbags and piled them in front of my nest. They’d stop a lot of bullets. Satisfied with my roost, I was prepared to climb down—the sun starting to set—when Jae climbed up. He was worried. I sat down and patted the space beside me. I said nothing, just pulled him close. He put his arms around me and lay his head on my shoulder. We simply sat there listening to each other’s breathing, when he broke the silence.

“What am I gonna do tomorrow?”

“You’re going to reload for the people in the upstairs of the house.”

“Dave, I want to be with you.”

“Jae, it be crazy you being up here with me. It’s not safe for one, let alone two of us.”

“I want to be here, with you.”

“Saying it again, won’t change my mind.” I was firm. “You will reload for the peo—”

“And what if I just fucking climb up here after you?”

“Then you’ll be leaving people who need your help in protecting everyone. Your job’s been assigned.”

“I can shoot you know—fight.” The tension in his body told me he was angry. He pointed at the tattoo on his face. “Do you know what these are?”

Suddenly I felt a foreboding. “Jae ….”

“I got them after I killed three people.”

I closed my eyes and fought down the nausea I felt. I stared at him, at them. “You sound proud of that.” I could barely whisper those words.

“I’m not proud, David. I had no choice. It was before the last guys I was with … these guys caught boys and used them to fight and bet on—like dogs.”

I slid away from him, angry and not listening. “There is always a fucking choice, Jae, always.”

He stabbed his finger in my chest, “No. That’s where you’re wrong. It was me or them. You fought if you wanted to eat.” There were tears in his eyes now. “You fought … and killed … if you didn’t want to die. They put me in there … I swear there was no choice. If you killed and survived, then they tattooed you, so people would know and the bets would be higher. I didn’t want to, I swear to you … please believe me, David.”

He’d pulled his knees into his chest and sobbed then. I didn’t know what to do, or to say—I just listened to him cry, until he finally stopped. I wasn’t hearing him, not like I should have been—there was too much to worry about. What he was saying felt like weakness to me and I didn’t want to deal with it.

I met his brown, red-rimmed eyes. There was sadness and resignation in them. “I’m sorry. Sorry I disappointed you. I’ll ... um, go and I’ll do my assigned job tomorrow.”

He climbed down and I didn’t speak to him or try to stop him.

Jae wasn’t at dinner and he didn’t come to bed that night. I felt like I should have said something to him, asked him things or said that it would be okay. But I hadn’t because I didn’t honestly know if it would be okay.

No one asked me questions; maybe they knew we’d had an argument. I climbed into our bed alone and I drifted off to a fitful sleep, wishing my sweet young lover was in my arms.

Barry woke me by knocking loudly about 6am I washed and dressed, ate a little. I had a pack ready with some water bottles and then we started to wait for the spotters. I paced up and down the porch, anxious, and sad. Barry stepped in front of me and pushed me into a chair.

“Dave, what is going on with you and Jae?”

“He’s not the person I thought he was. We had an argument and I haven’t seen him since. Is he okay, Barry?”

“Yeah, he’s fine. Are you going to be okay up on the roof? I mean can you function? We need you up there.”

“I’ll be fine. Thanks for letting me know he’s okay. I ….”

At that moment one of our spotters was signaling that our mounted scout was inbound.

The horse slid to a stop in front of us, and Barry caught the animal’s bridle. “Whoa, whoa now.” He asked the rider. “How long?”

“An hour, maybe a little more.”

“Right, dismount.” The rider did and the horse was handed off to one of the stable hands. Barry climbed onto the porch. “Listen now. We have about an hour to get into our assigned positions.” Davis and Steve stood by ready to help anyone who needed it.

The next twenty minutes were a flurry of activity. I climbed up to my roost and settled in, and as I watched, I saw Jae. He slipped into the house. I’d sort of hoped he’d make eye contact, but he hadn’t. My heart grew heavier.

I knew I’d misjudged things. Jay was no cold-blooded killer, but making things right with him would have to wait.

My self-pity was broken by noise up ahead of me, the gunfire told me it had begun.

 

I shouldered my weapon and took several deep breaths, while casting around for targets. The fight had begun in earnest now, and slowly I began to take men out. I was doing my best to do as asked and was seeking the leaders of this group. More than once I heard bullets tear into my sand bags and a couple of times, whistled by my ears.

Then to my left I saw a man who was certainly in charge. I slid out of my sandbag cover to get a better bead on him. As I did, I felt a sharp pain in my right leg; I reached down to rub it and brought back a bloody hand. Fuck, I’d been hit! Deciding to turn back to treat the wound, I was knocked backward, the wind taken from me. I couldn’t move or breathe. I stared upward at the blue sky for a few minutes and watched it disappear.

Um, next week I will either post Monday night or later in the week as I'm due to have some surgery on the Tuesday. Thanks for your interest in this story. Let me know how you like it.

Thanks to AC Benus, brilliant writer, editor and friend. Don't miss his latest: Famous Bear and the Ivory Tower of Commerce. It's a wonderful story of friendship, history and that cute and mysterious Bear!!
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Yikes, that was something of a cliffie! And he didn't even get the guy he wanted, so he got shot for nothing. :no: But I hope Barry and the others are victorious in the end. 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 09:07 AM, Timothy M. said:

Yikes, that was something of a cliffie! And he didn't even get the guy he wanted, so he got shot for nothing. :no: But I hope Barry and the others are victorious in the end.

K, well its' the middle of the story .. we've climbed up and now we are teetering at the top, it's a cliff right? So.. next week we'll see what happens to everyone. I will likely post it Monday it make sure it's up...

Thanks again Tim.. I appreciate you reading this.

 

xoxo hugs

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Another great chapter, gripping and moving, both.
One of those typical misunderstandings, where people assume they know what the other is thinking...
A lot of ups and downs for Jae and Dave, indeed.
I hope all goes well with "our" men and you, too!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 09:22 AM, mayday said:

Another great chapter, gripping and moving, both.

One of those typical misunderstandings, where people assume they know what the other is thinking...

A lot of ups and downs for Jae and Dave, indeed.

I hope all goes well with "our" men and you, too!

Thanks mayday, glad you enjoyed it. Just a few more chapters after this one. It's true, no matter how well you know someone...I don't think you ever truly do. So much goes on in our heads.. Thanks for following this story.. I'm sure I'll be fine.. thanks again.

 

tim xo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 11:19 AM, long1jo said:

getting more gripping, looking forward to next chapter

Good luck with ur surgery

Hello Long1jo!! I'm glad you're enjoying this story. I'm sure I'll be fine, thank you. But the story will all be posted no matter what.

 

Thanks for much for your comments!

 

tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment

(It looks like Kitt is offering you a bj.)

 

Will Jae go check up on Dave? And if he does, will he try to bandage Dave or take up the sniper rifle?

Link to comment

I was kind of disappointed in Dave in this chapter. I get that he's kind of a pacifist, and I respect that, but he knew how hard of a life Jae had before they met... hell the guy was a slave for three men. Sometimes choices and morality aren't black and white in those instances. I'm going to chalk his reaction up to stress, especially knowing how badly he felt before that "biting my nails" cliff hanger at the end ;)
I don't doubt Dave will be okay (the story would be over pretty quick if he wasn't, after all) but I worry about the in between until he and Jae actually get a chance to lay eyes on each other again. It makes me sad thinking that Jae believes the man he loves is disappointed in him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

There is tension, there is argument and estrangement. Jae had to fight or die, and he doesn't think he had any choice. Dave is without Jae at just the wrong moment. The moment when everything that made the sky shine went black. And now it is far too late. What a story, tim. I will have to find some kind of exotic distraction before the next chapter is out!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 01:34 PM, droughtquake said:

(It looks like Kitt is offering you a bj.)

 

Will Jae go check up on Dave? And if he does, will he try to bandage Dave or take up the sniper rifle?

Hi droughtquake! Interesting ideas for the next chapter, I wonder which scenario it will be?

 

Thanks for reading and for your great comments! I appreciate it.

 

tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment

OMG! You have really upped the stakes on the tension level. And then a cliffhanger?! You'll have us all on pins and needles until the next post. This just gets better and better! Thanks. And I hope your surgery goes well. Looking forward to the next installment. Jeff

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 02:00 PM, LitLover said:

I was kind of disappointed in Dave in this chapter. I get that he's kind of a pacifist, and I respect that, but he knew how hard of a life Jae had before they met... hell the guy was a slave for three men. Sometimes choices and morality aren't black and white in those instances. I'm going to chalk his reaction up to stress, especially knowing how badly he felt before that "biting my nails" cliff hanger at the end ;)

I don't doubt Dave will be okay (the story would be over pretty quick if he wasn't, after all) but I worry about the in between until he and Jae actually get a chance to lay eyes on each other again. It makes me sad thinking that Jae believes the man he loves is disappointed in him.

I know, his reaction was disappointing and rather unexpected. He knows he messed up, but he's been shot. We'll have to wait and see.

 

Thanks LL.. appreciate you taking the time to read this.. and for your support..tim xo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 02:12 PM, Parker Owens said:

There is tension, there is argument and estrangement. Jae had to fight or die, and he doesn't think he had any choice. Dave is without Jae at just the wrong moment. The moment when everything that made the sky shine went black. And now it is far too late. What a story, tim. I will have to find some kind of exotic distraction before the next chapter is out!

Thanks very much Parker. Dave made a huge mistake, so will he be able to fix it? Will Jae forgive him?

 

Monday night I'll post chapter 6. AC will have the rest to post if for whatever reason I cant. Now to amuse yourself... write some poetry..

 

Thanks again.. tim xoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 02:33 PM, JeffreyL said:

OMG! You have really upped the stakes on the tension level. And then a cliffhanger?! You'll have us all on pins and needles until the next post. This just gets better and better! Thanks. And I hope your surgery goes well. Looking forward to the next installment. Jeff

Thanks so much Jeffrey. I appreciate it and glad that you are still enjoying it. Chapter 6 will post Monday. Thanks for your good wishes.. i'm sure it will all go well..

 

Thanks again Jeffry, love your reviews and i appreciate it very much.

 

tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment

You gave us such a sweet moment at the river, so when the estrangement followed, it had double the impact. There is too much going on for Dave to think clearly... he screwed up, but stress makes us do unreasonable things, and this is no ordinary stress. I think he realizes it now... just hope Jae forgives him... the ending tells me Dave is going to need his man. I love that you included the moment of Barry and Cathy walking into the house hand in hand... it's those little things that can make a story live... well done, buddy... cheers... Garyxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A complex and exciting chapter, tim.

 

The Dave and Jae fight, the beginning of the battle for survival and then Dave getting hit. himself.

 

I knew there were going to be casualties, but never thought Dave was going to be so wounded -- plus, did I mention the fight between Jae and Dave -- that was unexpected too.

 

OK - whew! On a more serious note, good luck to you!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 03:52 PM, Headstall said:

You gave us such a sweet moment at the river, so when the estrangement followed, it had double the impact. There is too much going on for Dave to think clearly... he screwed up, but stress makes us do unreasonable things, and this is no ordinary stress. I think he realizes it now... just hope Jae forgives him... the ending tells me Dave is going to need his man. I love that you included the moment of Barry and Cathy walking into the house hand in hand... it's those little things that can make a story live... well done, buddy... cheers... Garyxo

Thank you Gary. You're correct of course stress can make us react in ways we may not normally. There's so much to lose for these survivors. Stress can do weird things, like me seeing your signature and thinking who is Garyxo (gar-rix-o). Crazy right? Thanks Gary, I appreciate your insight and feedback! Thank you! tim xo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 03:53 PM, skinnydragon said:

A complex and exciting chapter, tim.

 

The Dave and Jae fight, the beginning of the battle for survival and then Dave getting hit. himself.

 

I knew there were going to be casualties, but never thought Dave was going to be so wounded -- plus, did I mention the fight between Jae and Dave -- that was unexpected too.

 

OK - whew! On a more serious note, good luck to you!!

Thanks, skinny. Glad there were a couple of surprises! Hope you enjoy the rest of the story!

 

Thank you, I'm sure things will be fine!

 

tim xo

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Jae's confession and Dave's reaction... blooming heck... this is not the time to be fighting or for Dave to be a hypocrite - there is always a choice? Hasn't he just shot men to survive? Looking forward to finding out what happens next.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/09/2016 09:47 PM, Bucket1 said:

Jae's confession and Dave's reaction... blooming heck... this is not the time to be fighting or for Dave to be a hypocrite - there is always a choice? Hasn't he just shot men to survive? Looking forward to finding out what happens next.

Yep Dave royally screwed up. What next? I'm sure it will all be just fine.

 

Thanks for following this story, B! I appreciate it!

 

tim xoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I'd forgotten all about Jae's tattoo - great piece of forward planning :-)
Great mix of love and tense action.
Now let's see what happens when the dynamite goes off........

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/10/2016 01:00 AM, Ivor Slipper said:

I'd forgotten all about Jae's tattoo - great piece of forward planning :-)

Great mix of love and tense action.

Now let's see what happens when the dynamite goes off........

Hi Ivor. You can blame my editor, who in addition is about the most brilliant writer I have read for sometime, for the foreshadowing. He'd pointed out something that happens later in a story, which should have been hinted at much earlier so that it's believable later on. I'm actually starting to get it and it's another reason why authors should have at a basic outline of their story and chapters. It can keep you from digging holes you can't get out of.

 

I appreciate you reading this story and your comments. I'm sure something will happen...

 

thanks again tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment

tim-
A cliffhanger???? I can't believe you did that to me....lol....looking forward to more!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..