Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 651 Words
  • 2,231 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Little Things - 4. A Time Traveler's Rant

You try it and see how you feel!

I’m a time traveler.

Oh great you’re saying, like there have never been stories like this one before. You think that I don’t know that there have been time travelers before me? Of course I know, I’m not stupid or ignorant. I know I’m not original. But hey, why can they tell their stories and I can’t relate mine?

I know all about the precious Doctor Who. Have you seen him lately after his latest regeneration? Oh my good god, he looks ancient. Oh and then there’s his wanna be lover, Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood (okay I admit I wouldn’t say no to him if our paths crossed). That one is nothing but trouble though he can control his movements.

Let’s not forget about Dr. Sam Beckett, the quantum physicist who ballsed up his experiment and jumps through time and space seemingly without direction.

There are tons of us out here but let me tell you it’s really hard to get many of us to the ATTC (pronounced ATTiC) or Annual Time Traveler’s Convention. We have a tendency to pop in and out when we can.

This year one of the topics at the convention was how to deal with time lag, our version of jet lag. It can be a real problem and affects the digestion. Other topics included the different mental health issues affecting spontaneous travelers versus controlled travelers. Sadly I have no control, so I’m a spontaneous traveler. It can be difficult sometimes and you can end up in some very weird or dangerous situations.

Last month I traveled to a log cabin somewhere (I don’t know where but they spoke English). When I materialized I had my pants around my ankles and my dick buried to the hilt in some guy’s ass. He was bent over a dresser, screaming at me, “Come on, get it done you bastard. Come on I’m really close.” I thought perhaps he might notice that I wasn’t the guy that had been there before assuming one had been. So, well I’m a man and always like to do what the hot guys want me to, so I did what he asked and banged him silly. When he was done, he jumped up, pulled up his pants, kissed my cheek and ran from the room. Sadly I traveled out of there with my pants down without ever knowing where or when I had been.

Most of the time things aren’t this exciting. More often than not you end up on a mountain top with no coat or in the centre of a highway trying to avoid traffic. Of course you can end up like poor old Henry DeTamble, who always ended up naked wherever he landed. His was a sad tale though. I think they made a movie out of his story a few years back, or it could have been last month.

Sometimes I’ll end up someplace that I stay for a while. Once I stayed in a small town in Canada for a year before I traveled. That was the hardest for me. I’d developed relationships and I had a wonderful boyfriend. I had actually started to believe that I would remain there. It wasn’t to be however. For a while after I’d traveled I tried to get back to that town. I finally did get back there but no one knew me—it was the wrong century.

This was the worst time of my life. I gave serious thought killing myself then.

Time travel doesn’t stop you aging, I move to different times but I still get older. It scares me frankly. I don’t want to travel around when I’m eighty years old. Who knows maybe by then I’ll find the courage to end it all.

Sorry, I hope that this little rant doesn’t make you…

More stuff and nonsense, hope it gave you a grin!
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

@Headstall  Hehe, oh Gary ... I was going to say, 'If you only knew.' However, I don't think i need to. I get these ideas and write them down. I know they will likely not ever be more than what they are. Short little ideas. But i rather like them. And they are moments in time and deserve the light of day i think. 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Lyssa said:

It make me grin, for sure!! Great.

And who could say no to Captain Jack?! LOL Except Dr. Who.

 

Yay, grinning was the point!

 

I couldn't and especially when I saw John Barrowman on TV, deep throat a banana.. nope could not, would not say no.  LOL.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Or if the shoes don't fit properly you'll get blisters ...

It's also likely tim's weirdness is innate yours though is probably the result of some long forgotten traumatic brain injury ...

hehe ... 

8 minutes ago, dughlas said:

This was fun tim ... thanks.

My pleasure.. thanks for reading, dugh! xoxo :heart:

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, hohochan657 said:

So time travel is "no fun" for spontaneous travellers ?  D-mn !  I thought I could make use of it to cure the world's ills !

:P

No sorry, you need to be like Dr. Who, he can travel where he wants to go.  Thanks for reading and your comments!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bucket1 said:

A nice bit of quirkiness

Thank you, B.  I'm glad you enjoyed it!! 

 

xoxo tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

What a bit of fun! Great metaphysical thinking...and the log cabin was an awesome touch..,

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Parker. Not so sure about the thinking thing but i'm happy you liked the log cabin!

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I've always been interested in time travel. Read a whole lot of time travel romances in my younger years. But the scientific half of my brain kept trying to ruin it by asking stupid questions, like " what if you ended up in Pompeii on the day before the volcano erupted?  Would you warn them, grab a boat and get the hell outta dodge or what?" Or what happens if you're able to stay in the past, wouldn't that negate you being born so you wouldn't be around to go back to the past?  Ouch, brain hurts. Gotta get off that hamster wheel.:lmao:  Anyway, I'd rather be like Dr Who (David T or Matt S please) where I can pick where I'm going and prepare. I loved to have a Tardis.... I'd never be at home. :gikkle:  Thanks for this brief piece (and now I'm stuck on that wheel again).:o

  • Like 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, LadyDe said:

I've always been interested in time travel. Read a whole lot of time travel romances in my younger years. But the scientific half of my brain kept trying to ruin it by asking stupid questions, like " what if you ended up in Pompeii on the day before the volcano erupted?  Would you warn them, grab a boat and get the hell outta dodge or what?" Or what happens if you're able to stay in the past, wouldn't that negate you being born so you wouldn't be around to go back to the past?  Ouch, brain hurts. Gotta get off that hamster wheel.:lmao:  Anyway, I'd rather be like Dr Who (David T or Matt S please) where I can pick where I'm going and prepare. I loved to have a Tardis.... I'd never be at home. :gikkle:  Thanks for this brief piece (and now I'm stuck on that wheel again).:o

Oh.. don't run too fast and make sure you have snacks. But i understand the trying to figure out time travel thing. Just too hard. And a Tardis would be nice. 

Thanks very much for reading... :)  tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

I miss Torchwood...and Ianto...

Nice one tim, still wish time travel was a thing though... 

Thanks Def.  Mmm I miss Torchwood too. but i have it somewhere... And time travel would be nice ...  xox

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..