Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 3,293 Words
  • 1,135 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Miss Silver Pretty-Pink-Toes - 2. Part Two

Miss Silver has left Hollydownville and goes to join the human settlement of Beestite

Part Two

Beestite was a busy town. Humans walked everywhere. Miss Silver was frightened; she didn’t notice as both men and women stared at the beautiful silver-haired girl that rushed through the streets.

She saw a tea room and hurriedly entered. Such a clatter she made as she sank into a seat that all turned her way to gawp. Miss Silver ducked her head and looked at the little printed card in front of her. Goats have no need to read, but she found that she could understand what was written there. Suddenly a human appeared beside her.

“Good day, miss. What can I get for you today?”

Miss Silver Pretty-Pink-Toes looked up at the young man beside her. Though he was human, she didn’t think she’d ever seen anyone so handsome. She found that she couldn’t speak and sat with her rosebud mouth open.

“Ah, um, oh.” Was all she could utter.

“Sorry, miss?” The young man said. Her hair was a fascination; he thought he could stare at it all day. “What can I get for you? Would you like tea and cake for instance?”

Quickly gathering herself, Miss Silver asked for tea and a lemon cake. She smiled at the young man.

His heart flew at her smile. Never had he seen anyone so beautiful, and he wished he could talk to her always and forever. He moved away to prepare her order.

Miss Silver marveled at the white china cup so delicate light shone through it. She licked the crumbs of the lemon cake from lips she didn’t recognize. She stared at her long slim fingers and nails. How useful these hands could be she thought. Looking up she saw the young man staring at her.

To end the curse
And turn ye back
A young man’s love ye must not lack

Maybe she could get this young man to love her. She smiled at him sweetly and he returned her smile with a big grin. He walked to her table. “Did you want anything else?”

“No, thank you.” Miss Silver dabbed her lips with her serviette. “That was a lovely cake and the tea was delicious.”

He smiled at her again. “I’m glad; I’ll tell mother. She makes the cakes herself.” He laid a slip of paper on the table. “Here is your bill.”

Miss Silver realized that she had no way to pay for what she had eaten. Standing, she made her way to the counter and the young man. She smiled at him, tears starting in her big blue eyes. The young man swallowed. “Oh, why do you look so?”

“I am very sorry, for I … I have nothing ….” Miss Silver swayed dangerously; the young man reached out to steady her.

He ducked his head to look into her face. “D’you mean you have no gilt-bits to make payment?”

She nodded miserably. “I was upset; I didn’t think. I am so sorry. Whatever will you think of me?”

An idea struck the young man. He had just opened his mouth to speak but shut it when he was interrupted.

“Goram, can you please come into the kitchen?”

“Oh that’s mother. Promise to wait?” Goram asked Miss Silver.

She nodded and sat on a stool at the counter, head in hands. He smiled at her, and then slipped into the back. Miss Silver could hear voices, and then Goram and a tall dark woman came out. The woman came to the counter. “Goram, tells me that you have no gilt-bits with which to pay for your tea.”

‘At least she speaks quietly.’ Miss Silver thought. “Yes good lady, I fear I didn’t think. I am very sorry. Would that I could do something to make it up.”

The lady smiled at her. “What is your name, girl?”

Miss Silver hesitated; she couldn’t give her real name. “Silver, my name is Silver.”

“All right Silver, well Goram seems to think we should help you, so you can work here for the time being. I can’t pay much but we’ll feed you and give you a room. I am Derina, Goram’s Mother.” Derina held out her hand, Silver shook it tentatively like she’d seen others do. “Good! Well, Goram, take Silver to the house and show her the spare room. Then back here tootie quick; it’s almost midday-nosh!”

Goram nodded. He took Silver by the hand pulling her along. He was already in love. Her laugh sounded to him like a shining stream over glittering stones.

The house was tiny, much like her cottage. Her room held a bed and washstand only. It was bright, clean and the walls were covered in wildflower wallpaper with a bedspread to match. Silver smiled.

“Silver.” Goram called. “We’d better hurry back. The midday-nosh is the busiest time.”

The small café was busy for the midday meal. Silver helped with serving as she had little understanding of the gilt-bits the humans used to pay for things. Once the last customer had gone, the trio sat down to eat and talk.

Derina admired the dress Silver wore. “Where did you have your dress made, Silver?”

“Oh I made it myself.” Silver looked at the damask dress. “I like to sew.”

“Really? Well that might be a something to help you earn some gilt-bits. We could put up a sign.” Derina looked at Silver. “I think I’ll give you some gilt-bits, then you can make some samples for the townsfolk to see and then they will order.”

Goram grinned at his mother. “Hey, that’s a good idea Mum. Maybe Silver could start her own shop one day.”

Derina was as good as her word. Silver used the gilt-bits and made samples, which were hung up in the café. Derina wore them as well. Soon orders starting coming in and Silver were busy sewing for the ladies of Beestite. She paid Derina rent and put away gilt-bits for the future.

During all of this, Goram courted Silver and they loved being together. Silver was torn between this life with him and her old simple, carefree one as a goat. She knew if Goram said I love you, out loud, that she would turn back; Goram would be lost to her forever.

To this end she stored her gilt-bits in a drawstring bag a goat could carry.

After several months of courting, the couple was out walking one night along the Sting River. Moonlight played tag with itself on the current and Goram pulled Silver off the path. With their arms entwined they held tight to each other. Goram kissed Silver’s cheek and neck. Sighing with happiness he uttered, “I love you, Silver.”

She pulled out of his embrace, horrified, “No, no, no.” She turned to run but the change had started. Lightening hit the tree nearest Goram, a thick branch came down, knocking him unconscious.

Silver woke first, having gone through the transformation, she baaed quietly. Then after nudging Goram to make sure he was alive, she turned to go. Goram raised himself in time to see a silver goat trotting away. Pulling himself up, and satisfied that Silver wasn’t there, he staggered after the goat.

Hiding behind a bush, he watched in amazement as the goat opened the door to his house, entered and returned a few minutes later carrying Silver’s hold all and her bag of gilt-bits.

He followed the goat for a few minutes and then called, “Silver.”

The goat stopped and turned. Goram reached her and squatted down. “It is you, isn’t it?

Miss Silver nodded as best she could and nuzzled his hand. She turned to leave when Goram called her again, “Do you live in Hollydownville?”

Nodding again, Miss Silver trotted away, with goatish tears in her eyes.

Goram explained things as best he could to his mother. Humans knew of magic and transformation though they didn’t practice those arts themselves. Goram thought Silver was likely lost to him, but knew he at least had to try something.

Meanwhile, Miss Silver arrived back at her cottage. It needed a good clean and airing out, which she set to immediately. Once the chores were done, Miss Silver made tea and sipped it thinking of Goram and the life she’d quickly come to love.

With nothing else to do, Miss Silver began to sew, but found herself making dresses for humans. Sighing, she pushed away her sewing, lay down and cried, pining for her love.

Goram begged the day off from his mum. She knew he was heartsick so let him go.

He wanted to make his way to the Marigold Cottage, which was some miles out of Beestite. It was rumoured a powerful witch lived there and he hoped she could … and would help him.

Goram had walked for several hours and began to grow tired and worried that he’d missed a sign or turnoff. He sat on a stump and nibbled the last of his food and sipped his now warm water. Goram’s feet were sore and he pulled up his right foot onto his left knee and removed his shoe. As he massaged his aching soles, a shadow moved over him. He looked up and saw a large bird overhead; he ignored it and replaced his shoe. There was a great flapping of wings, and clouds of dust flew, as the great Griffin Eagle landed before him.

It blinked golden eyes at Goram as the dust settled and it adjusted its folded wings. “Tck tck, human seeks speak with Jormorgan? Tck.”

Goram’s mouth fell open. He stared at the gold and tawny coloured bird. “Can you talk?”

“Tck, stupid human. Do you seek speak with Jormorgan She-Witch?” The long, thick beak clacked as the eagle spoke.

“Y … yes, I guess I do. I am looking for Marigold Cottage.” Gorman managed.

“Come, tck. Follow Be-doj to Jormorgan.” With those final words, the bird spread its seven foot wings. It ran along the road, flapping mightily until it became air-born. Goram followed on the ground, watching the massive bird fly before him.

Running after the bird was difficult as it lead Goram through a thick forest. He managed to catch glimpses of Be-doj through the canopy, and he knew the bird often circled as it waited for him to catch up. The sun had started to set as Goram finally left the forest and found himself in a field of wildflowers and herbs. Before him was a golden cottage, its thatched roof the colour of orange and yellow marigolds.

He moved forward, stepping as carefully as he could so not to damage the plants. A rainbow of butterflies and insects flew and buzzed as he walked. The eagle landed on the peak of the roof and let out a great squawk.

The door opened. “Have you found him, Be-doj? Oh, yes, I see you have.”

On the doorstep was a woman like none Goram had seen before. She was tall enough to have to bend to get through her door. Her hair was the colour of freshly fallen snow and her eyes black as jet. Goram felt welcome and peace as he drew nearer.

“Welcome Goram of Beestite. I know why you’ve come, and yes, I can help you.” Jormorgan the witch smiled and opened her arms to him. “Come in.”

****

“But you must come with me, Silver, you must.” Goram was on his knees in Miss Silver’s tiny goat-sized cottage, begging.

Miss Silver shook her head and bawled loudly to say no. Nothing could change the spell cast upon her. It would do no good to get their hopes up. Better to leave things as they were meant to be.

“Oh, my darling, Jormorgan says she can help us be together. I thought you loved me.” Goram’s eyes filled with tears of love and longing. “I am begging you to try. Just try.”

Silver looked at the man she loved, tears of love in her own blue eyes. She baaed softly and nodded her head. For the second time she packed her few things, gave Goram the gilt-bits she’d saved and moved to the door.

Goram crawled to her and put his arms around her silver coat. “Silver, I love you. We’ll be together and be happy. I promise.”

Together they left the Green Leaf Forest and began their walk to the Marigold Cottage. Above them, Be-doj flew. He watched his charges below, ready to protect them from any danger.

As the couple drew near the fork in the road, they saw Tepalsuzon waiting. Silver stopped at her first sight of him and tried to push Goram back. He looked at the repulsive lump of flesh.

“It’s okay, Silver. It’s just a toad. Albeit a giant one. Ugly too.” Goram swallowed. “I’ll … I’ll go and move it along.”

Silver baaed and bucked and shoved Goram, but he ignored her, deducing she just didn’t like the creatures.

Be-doj knew what the toad was and he was prepared, but he thought it might be amusing to watch the human a little bit first.

Goram approached Tepalsuzon and bowed slightly. He swallowed, hoping he could keep his stomach under control, such was the rancid odour the creature expressed. “Good day, sir toad. I’m afraid I have to ask you to move along so we can pass. You … you are taking up the whole road and I’m afraid I’m in rather a hurry.”

“You dare, human! You dare address the Warlock Tepalsuzon? You are nothing, and I will curse you as I did your pet goat there.”

Goram turned to glance at Silver and turned back. “Pet? She’s my promised one. She’s a beautiful girl.”

Tepalsuzon started to laugh. He laughed so hard that his bloated body continued to convulse once he’d stopped. “Human, I tire of both of you. If you want to be together, I can arrange you be together forever and always.”

Silver ran to Goram and tried again to pull him away. The toad watched and then began to utter his evil spell:

Human you shall lose your life
Before the goat becomes your wife.
When this curse is finally done
You will know that I have won.
Turn ye now from your race
To begin your fall from grace.
So it starts, now to ….

Be-doj had heard enough; Jomorgan would not be best pleased should any evil befall his charges. He swooped down and plucked up the giant bloated toad with a mighty tug and flew off with the bellowing Warlock.

Goram and Silver arrived at the Marigold Cottage several hours later, tired but happy to be safe.

Jormorgan let the pair rest and eat before she spoke to them. Silver was amazed at the witch’s hair and eyes and couldn’t look away as she talked. “You can be together but there is an obstacle.”

Goram looked concerned. “Obstacle? What kind of obstacle? We’ve been together.”

Silver sat quietly next to him and baaed quietly. Her hoof gentle on his thigh to quiet him.

The witch smiled at each of them. “I know, but you are human and Silver is a goat. She was under a spell that made her human. She cannot spend all her time as one.”

His voice rising with stress, Goram blurted, “Then what can we do?”

“Goram, you will have to share this life with Silver and do your part. You each will spend part of the year as human and part as goat.”

Silver looked at Goram wishing she could speak to him. She wondered what he was feeling about the witch’s announcement.

“Of course, if that’s how it has to be. I’ll do whatever I must so we are together.” The young man glanced at the witch and then gazed at his beloved, his hand on her tiny pink hoof.

Jormorgan rose from her seat. “Then let’s begin.”

The witch moved to her shelves and began to place various ingredients and plants inside a small black cauldron. Hanging it from the spit over the fire, she began to stir and chant to herself. Finally satisfied, she took a small silver ladle and placed one ladleful into a small golden cup and the same amount on a golden saucer.

Jormorgan placed the golden cup before Goram and the saucer on the floor for Silver. “In a moment, I will sing you the spell of Shared Lives and you will forevermore be human and goat both for half of each year. In autumn and winter, human—in spring and summer, goat. Do you both agree? If yes, drink the potion before you, now!”

Goram nodded, Silver tossed her head, and both drank their share. Jomorgan smiled and said, “Very well, it is winter now, so Silver it is you who will change. Prepare my sweet child:

“To live in worlds apart from your own
You both must share each loving home
Each part goat and part man
I lift the curse and share this plan
One half the year you will be goat
For the rest, shed thy coat
For man and wife you shall be
Sharing for all eternity.”

Goram watched, mouth open, as Silver morphed from goat to human. Jomorgan spun him round while handing Silver a robe. “Welcome, my dear.”

Silver fastened the belt of the silken garment. “Thank you.”

Goram turned and took Silver into his arms, not caring that the witch watched them embrace and kiss. “Oh Silver, my love. Marry me!”

“Yes my sweet darling, yes, of course I will.”

The couple stayed the night with Jomorgan as they were both exhausted from their ordeal. As they prepared to return to Beestite and to Goram’s mother, Silver had one final question for the witch. “What about our children? They will be born in the spring so will be born kid-goats.”

The witch took Silver’s hand. “My dear worry not. You and Goram are changed forever. Your children will be as you are goat and man for half the year. Fear not, for I will be here should any of them wish to marry as you have.”

So Goram and Silver married and lived and loved each other for many years, their lifetimes doubled due to their dual nature. They and all their kids and grand-kids lived in both Beestite and Hollydownville. I dare say you can still find them, but they call themselves Snowbirds now!


Such is me story. I hope ye enjoyed it, one and all. What’s that ye say? Oooh yes. Ye bright things are testing me story-telling skills!

Oh you remember that do ye; Tepsaluzon’s threat about a broken curse when Willy Jack Black-Ears paid for the curse on Miss Silver?

Then know, a broken curse shortens the caster’s life and Tepsaluzon as the caster wasn’t best pleased about this. After the transaction at the Living Lake, the wizard toad had stopped his turtle and watched Willy Jack trot away home. He took a moment to cover himself:

If my curse be broken
Beware my wrath
Your fortunes will fail
So select well, your path.

Take heed and halt
Think and choose well
There’s a price to pay
Beware your own hell
.

Needless to say, when Jormorgan cast her spell on the happy couple it broke the Warlock’s. In turn, Willy Jack suddenly had a downturn in luck, his business failed and he was forced to move far from Hollydownville. He troubled our good goats no further.

There, the story is done and I thank ye for thy kind attention.

 

The End

Thanks again to skinnydragon ... and to beta readers, AC Benus and Def.
And thanks to you lovely people who chose to read this. It means a ton to me...

tim xo
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

tim, my dear...this is such a wonderfully gentle fairy tale. I really loved it, and found myself smiling while reading it. Don't worry, you certainly did this type of story proud.
Hugs!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Hi tim, a very nice story soothing, warm and bright. :)
It is a funny idea, that they both have to live half a year as human and as goat.

 

I hope, they are clever and put there getting kids in the goat part, because it takes a goat only 5 month and over all delivering seems easier. Sorry but as a woman and mother these thoughts appeared in my head, at the text passage about the children. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

And so we have the compleat fairy tale, and a charming one ye've given us. Silver and Goram get to be united happily ever after. And don't think ye for a moment that we canna see Demeter and Persephone looking on. I congratulate thee on a most marvelous tale!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Fairy tales deserve a happy ever after. This was an excellent change of genre. Be pleased and proud of your effort. Now to find a child to share this with ...

  • Like 4
Link to comment

To have half year in each form together is a good compromise. Not like Ladyhawk... So a happy end for our couple. And Willy Jack got his comeuppance!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

As charming and enthralling as part one, tim. We mere humans have been fascinated with magic since time began... thank you for such a sweet and wonderful infusion... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

That was lovely and sweet and in the end, everyone got their just desserts. :)
As for the spells (um poems) they were terrific.
Well done tim, well done.

 

PS: Are any of your nephews or nieces young enough for fairytales? I think they would like this, if they are.

 

 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Oh, tim....well done! Bravo!! And so many other things that mean, "Man, that was good!"
I could feel SIlver's trepidation at hearing Goram utter those three tiny, yet significant, words. Goram's shock at seeing the silver goat taking Silver's little purse.
And the fact that he didn't care.
If you wanted to write more fairy tales, I'd surely read them.
Thanks, tim. For sharing this story with us!
Molly

  • Like 3
Link to comment

That was a very fairy tale like ending, and we now have an explanation for the existence of goat shifters. :lol: Only one thing puzzled me: why did Silver predict their kids would be borne in spring? Wouldn't that depend on when she became pregnant?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/16/2017 04:01 AM, Timothy M. said:

That was a very fairy tale like ending, and we now have an explanation for the existence of goat shifters. :lol: Only one thing puzzled me: why did Silver predict their kids would be borne in spring? Wouldn't that depend on when she became pregnant?

Thanks Tim! Goat shifters..LOL. Woman plan this stuff don't they? I think Silver would make sure that's when her kids would be borne.

 

Thanks for reading!! xox

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 10:02 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

Oh, tim....well done! Bravo!! And so many other things that mean, "Man, that was good!"

I could feel SIlver's trepidation at hearing Goram utter those three tiny, yet significant, words. Goram's shock at seeing the silver goat taking Silver's little purse.

And the fact that he didn't care.

If you wanted to write more fairy tales, I'd surely read them.

Thanks, tim. For sharing this story with us!

Molly

You never know what I'll come up with.. cuz i dont. Haven't thought about another foray into fairy tales. But who knows. Thanks for reading, Molly. So glad you enjoyed it!!

 

tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 08:33 AM, Reader1810 said:

That was lovely and sweet and in the end, everyone got their just desserts. :)

As for the spells (um poems) they were terrific.

Well done tim, well done.

 

PS: Are any of your nephews our nieces young enough for fairytales? I think they would like this, if they are.

Thanks Reader ... the girls might like it they are young teens. We'll see. Glad you enjoyed the poems...i like them too.

 

Thanks for reading... tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 04:31 AM, Headstall said:

As charming and enthralling as part one, tim. We mere humans have been fascinated with magic since time began... thank you for such a sweet and wonderful infusion... cheers... Gary....

Thanks Gary!. It was fun to write and plot!

 

Appreciate you reading it!!

 

tim xoxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 03:04 AM, Puppilull said:

To have half year in each form together is a good compromise. Not like Ladyhawk... So a happy end for our couple. And Willy Jack got his comeuppance!

I tried to tie up the lose ends! Thanks so much for reading and your comments, Pup!!

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 01:59 AM, dughlas said:

Fairy tales deserve a happy ever after. This was an excellent change of genre. Be pleased and proud of your effort. Now to find a child to share this with ...

Thanks dugh! I enjoyed writing this. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully i didnt' forget anything thing. Thanks for reading...

 

tim xoxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2017 12:40 AM, Parker Owens said:

And so we have the compleat fairy tale, and a charming one ye've given us. Silver and Goram get to be united happily ever after. And don't think ye for a moment that we canna see Demeter and Persephone looking on. I congratulate thee on a most marvelous tale!

And i thank ye for reading it Parker, my gallant friend!!

 

hugs, tim xxooo

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/14/2017 07:40 PM, Lyssa said:

Hi tim, a very nice story soothing, warm and bright. :)

It is a funny idea, that they both have to live half a year as human and as goat.

 

I hope, they are clever and put there getting kids in the goat part, because it takes a goat only 5 month and over all delivering seems easier. Sorry but as a woman and mother these thoughts appeared in my head, at the text passage about the children. ;)

Thanks Lyssa. Yes, well hopefully goats have an easier time. I appreciate your input, and you reading this story.

 

hugs.. tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/14/2017 07:00 PM, Coastguard said:

tim, my dear...this is such a wonderfully gentle fairy tale. I really loved it, and found myself smiling while reading it. Don't worry, you certainly did this type of story proud.

Hugs!

Coastguard!! Hello! Thanks for reading this. I'm so glad it made you smile. I have a soft spot for this one...

 

Appreciate your comments.. hugs tim xoxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I can't believe I forgot to review this chapter. Sorry about that. I'm really happy how this story ended. It really was the best of both worlds. The heroine got her man, and the bad guy got his comeuppance. What's not to like: :wub:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A cautionary tale if you will. Fantastical mix of myth and toads and witches and goats. And a happy ending too!!
I'm singing of goats again. :P

 

Awesome tim. Loved it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 01/18/2017 02:55 PM, LitLover said:

I can't believe I forgot to review this chapter. Sorry about that. I'm really happy how this story ended. It really was the best of both worlds. The heroine got her man, and the bad guy got his comeuppance. What's not to like: :wub:

No worries, LL! Thanks for reading it and I'm happy you liked it. Fairy tales need HEA I think!

 

Thanks again xoox

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/19/2017 04:12 AM, Defiance19 said:

A cautionary tale if you will. Fantastical mix of myth and toads and witches and goats. And a happy ending too!!

I'm singing of goats again. :P

 

Awesome tim. Loved it.

Goats rock! Thanks Def and thanks for reading it for me so many moons ago.

 

tim xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

…And I’m glad I did!  ;-)

 

 

At least they weren’t cursed like the characters in Ladyhawke!  ;-)

 

Sigh, Matthew Broderick was so cute and thin back then and he’s played Gay at least three times (as both the kid in the play version and later as the boyfriend in the movie version of Torch Song Trilogy, and much more recently on an episode of Modern Family).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..