Jump to content
    Parker Owens
  • Author
  • 2,741 Words
  • 2,903 Views
  • 35 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spring Observation - 1. In Conference

"Right. Got it. So where is the meeting?"

The hand holding the phone twitched, sending a shard of sunlight from a highly polished college class ring roaming about the grey interior of the BMW.

"Okay. Okay, I have that. Three fifteen at Nine Penn Center. No problem. This shouldn't take long. I have a meeting for my pro bono client. Yeah, Ray Ericsson, that's the one. The DA is going to offer another deal. We'll refuse. Then it's a long drive back to Philadelphia."

A comment on the other end of the call caused the youthful face to grimace.

"I know, I can't keep doing this. But I'm going to beat them down – Ray's going to walk."

A glance at a gold Patek Philippe told him to cut the conversation short.

"I've got to go. See you in a few hours."

The connection cut off. The car's occupant retrieved a smart leather briefcase from the passenger seat. He got out; the black coupe locked itself with a surprised bleep. He walked across the pavement, patched and cracked as it was from the abuse of several winters.

"Hello, Counselor Howard. Fancy meeting you here." The greeting from a fellow lawyer did little to brighten the morning.

"Nice to see you, too, Williams."

The man he addressed sighed. Dressed in a rumpled but acceptable grey suit off the rack, he looked every bit the civil servant that he was.

"Carlsberg's finest await us." Williams gestured to a tired metal framed door. "Shall we go in?"

An older uniformed officer at the check-in desk asked for their names.

"J. Preston Howard, from Rutland, Spears in Philadelphia. I'm here representing a client; meeting's in the conference room upstairs's in five minutes."

"Mark Williams, same meeting."

The uniform nodded. The Assistant District Attorney was a familiar face. A log-in book was passed over. J. Preston Howard pulled out a Mont Blanc to ink his name.

"Good morning, Mark. Hope I'm not too late."

Howard stood and turned. His eyes took in a thin, attractive woman; dark, tailored suit, short red hair, bright, alert eyes; briefcase. Another attorney. Instinctively, he ran a hand over his hair.

Before he could gain the advantage, she put out her hand. "Heidi Graber. And you must be Preston Howard."

"Do we know each other?"

"No, but my colleague briefed me on the meeting." She proceeded to check in.

This did not prevent Howard from giving the new arrival a more appreciative once-over, nor from needling his opposite number from the District Attorney's office.

"So, Williams, does your boss think you need backup for your continuing harassment?"

"Actually, I invited myself to the meeting as a friend of the court," Graber joined in quickly. "Hope that's all right by you."

Howard's face took on a predatory grin. "Oh, the more the merrier, that's fine by me. We can wrap this up quickly, and we can grab a quick coffee, if you want." The invitation did not include the Assistant District Attorney. "Anyway, this meeting is a farce."

"Why is that?"

The party proceeded through the fluorescent lit corridors on the first floor toward the stairs.

"Every month, the clowns at the DA's office from Bumfuck County out here bring Ray Ericsson back to Carlsberg. They offer him a cheesy plea deal on a murder charge they can't try, and can't prove. He goes back to the holding center. It's ridiculous."

Graber listened to the younger man's rant. She didn't mention the obvious fact that at he was walking up dingy stairs with representatives of those clowns.

"You're not from around here, then?"

"No. I'm from Philly. Rutland, Spears."

"Oh, wow. Guess I should be honored. How many associates work there now?"

"Two hundred-plus. Mostly, I do corporate stuff; litigation – I'm part of the Dupont case coming up in Federal Court next month. This is a pro bono case I took on for the firm."

"And you seem to have fought my colleague here to a standstill."

"All they can hold him for is a parole violation, and even that's getting old," the Philadelphia lawyer seemed to puff up with a bit of pride.

"It's for child porn, Howard," Williams pointed out.

"Which you haven't proven belonged to my client."

Williams held his tongue. At the top of the stairs, he pushed open a heavy fire door that let into a wide space occupied by a perhaps a dozen battered desks. Light poured in from tall windows set in the wall on two sides of the room, relics of a nineteenth century architect. Three or four detectives and officers worked, brows furrowed in concentration. The scent of stale cigarette smoke still lingered even though it had been more than a decade since smoking was banned in the building.

"It's this way." Howard gestured Heidi Graber to the left, towards a glass-fronted meeting room on the far side.

Mark Williams trailed behind, and J. Preston Howard was perfectly happy with that.

"Where is everyone?" Howard was dismayed at being first to arrive. Not only did that mean he might have spent valuable minutes doing billable tasks, but he also liked to make an entrance.

Williams shook his head and sat at the table, with his back to glass. He began extracting papers from his battered leather briefcase.

"Maybe there was some kind of emergency," Graber offered, preparing to sit next to Williams.

"Sure. Right," Howard sniffed. "In this town?"

"Murders do happen here, Howard," Williams murmured.

"For which Ray Ericsson is not responsible," the other shot back.

"Of course he is."

"Not that you can prove. You have no real evidence."

"Sounds like the two of you have been through this before." Heidi Graber grinned even as she intervened.

"Too many times, Heidi, too many times. Williams here is just too stubborn to know he's got no case, so he keeps my client in jail almost a year, on a nothing charge."

Mark Williams said nothing, but let one corner of his mouth turn up.

Not that J. Preston Howard was watching. He went on. "But I'm putting an end to it, okay? I filed a Habeas motion with the court yesterday. This is going to be our last meeting, Williams. Ray Ericsson walks in two weeks. I guarantee it."

"You can do that?" Graber asked.

"That motion is watertight. Ray may be strange and sketchy, but he can't be held in prison indefinitely on a parole violation." For a moment J. Preston Howard sounded like a veteran defense attorney, and not a junior litigator doing pro bono work. "He'll go free. Maybe with a monitoring device at first, but free."

"You learned all that at Harvard?" Mark Williams asked.

The question goaded Howard. "And you learned the art of stall and delay at which school? Penn State? They also taught you it's illegal, didn't they?"

There was only a shrug for an answer.

"Show me how you can keep – "

Further discussion ended with the arrival of two uniformed guards and the defendant in question, Ray Ericsson himself.

Dressed in prison orange and handcuffed, the prisoner Ericsson showed few signs of wear from his incarceration. In fact, he looked buoyant as he was seated next to his attorney. He could stare at the Assistant District attorney and Graber, and face the window looking into the common area.

Ericsson lifted his hands up to one of the uniformed guards. His cuffs were unlocked; the guards stood back against the wall.

"Hello, Ray. Nice to see you again," Mark Williams spoke with restrained irony.

"Fuck you, Counselor. You've been keeping me locked up in the holding center for nothing. Nothing. And now I have dance to your fucking tune?"

"Easy, Ray, take it easy," his lawyer interposed. "You're angry about being held so long. We all get that. But it's almost over, okay?"

Ray smiled again, directing his gaze at the Assistant DA. "That's right. And I have lots people to visit when I'm out, don't I?"

A moment later, a lanky, grey haired, mustached individual in a tired suit walked in, followed by a shorter, stockier man in white shirtsleeves and blue tie.

Williams and Graber rose to shake hands; Howard did not. "Detective Michailidis, my associate, Heidi Graber." The DA made introductions.

The policemen seated themselves at the head of the table.

"Let's begin," Williams said.

"Look, this meeting is pointless," Howard cut in. "We haven't changed our plea, and we're not taking any stupid deals. Let's cut the crap. You haven't got enough evidence for a murder rap, and there's no grand jury. His parole violation can't hold Ray forever. He's been cooperative and nonviolent. We're petitioning the court for release under supervision. End of story."

The detective, Michailidis, frowned, and looked at his watch.

Williams took a reasonable tone. "I'm not so sure. You may want to hear everything first."

"What's there to hear? You haven't got anything."

"Do you remember a kid named Stephan Ericsson?" The detective spoke for the first time, and directly to the prisoner. "Your nephew, Ray?"

Something like a smile spread across the man's features.

"Don't say a word, Ray," his lawyer cautioned.

"Remember that little boy, Ray? Your brother and sister-in-law's kid?"

"Not one fucking word, Ray. This is bullshit," the exquisitely tailored Howard growled.

Ray just smiled, his smug expression saying everything and nothing.

"He lost his mother, remember? Somebody beat her and strangled her to death and left her body in a drainage culvert," the detective continued.

"Yes, yes, so what?" The defendant's lawyer was the picture of impatience.

"That boy was left all alone in the world with nobody but his father, Ray. And the father had a bit of drinking problem, didn't he? Remember?"

"Look this is all very sad, but none of this has anything to do with – "

"Do you know what happened to that little boy after his mommy was killed, Ray?" The detective went on, ignoring Howard. "Somebody hurt him. Hurt him very badly, Ray. You know what I mean?"

"You're going to make me cry." The lawyer scoffed.

"And then that boy grew up; his father got drunk and beat his own son when he got drunk. Did you know that Ray? And then the father – your brother - turned up dead one day, and boy was gone."

J. Preston Howard's face darkened. "Oh, come off it. Just stop. You can't question Ray without his attorney, and that's me. And we're not saying jack shit about this or any other sob story you want to tell us. So Williams, unless you have something different to say than in all the other fucking useless meetings you've called -"

Somehow, Mark Williams' face changed, becoming harder, stonier. He picked up a piece of paper from the pile in front of him.

"We have plenty to say, and I think you'll find it very different. We're going to charge Ray with murder in the first degree for the death of his brother, Gunnar Ericsson in the spring of last year. We're going to charge him with accessory to murder and obstruction of justice in the killing of Katherine Ericsson in 2008. And we're preparing to charge Ray with thirty-two counts of sexual assault and rape of a minor child."

J. Preston Howard blinked, his tirade interrupted. He wasn't used to dealing with this version of the Assistant DA.

Williams continued. "We'll be bringing evidence and testimony to a grand jury next Monday. The real question is whether your client is interested in a plea deal to avoid a trial which could get him about three hundred years in Waynesburg on conviction. And we mean to see Ray convicted on each and every count."

"What the hell is this?" The big city lawyer tried to bluster.

"It's called doing the police work; justice. Did they teach you that at Harvard, too?"

"And you say you have evidence? Testimony? Why didn't you notify my office?" The Philadelphia lawyer rallied.

"Actually, we did, Howard," Williams replied acidly. "Your secretary told me you were in meetings, and you'd get to the matter as soon as you could. That was on Tuesday."

Howard swallowed and looked away. A vague memory surfaced of that old witch in reception handing him a pink message form. Seeing it was from Williams, he'd ignored it. He tried to return to the offensive. "Well, we're not going to do anything until we see what new kind of evidence there is."

"There's a witness," the detective put in.

"So what? A witness to something a decade ago? Memories change. You can't expect this to be credible."

"I've interviewed him. He's believable. And damning," Michailidis said.

Williams took over. "The alternative is the plea arrangement I have here. There will be no trial, no publicity. We're offering a deal in which Ray pleads guilty to the second degree murder of Gunnar Ericsson, and guilty to accessory in the murder of Katherine Ericsson; he pleads guilty on five counts of sexual assault of a minor – "

"Are you kidding? What kind of deal is that? No way. My client will still be in jail for the rest of his life."

"I'll take it," Ray Ericsson croaked.

J. Preston Howard's artfully coiffed head snapped toward his client. "Ray, what the hell –"

Ray's self-assured smile was gone. The man's eyes bulged, fixed on something beyond the glass wall of the meeting room.

Howard followed his client's gaze. He saw a stocky character in a state cop's uniform sitting at a nearby desk, talking with two young men – seniors in high school, maybe – one blond, the other dark haired. They seemed deep in serious conversation, but their faces were plainly visible, the dark-haired boy more animated, the blond stony faced. Ray was frightened of something, but of what?

"Where are the papers? I'll sign." Ray said, without removing his eyes from the scene outside the window.

"Look, Ray, stop, wait," his lawyer hissed.

Ray ignored Howard as the documents and a pen were slid across the table to him. The places for his signature were conveniently marked.

"You don't have to do this. We can fight this. We haven't seen any of the evidence they're talking about. At least let me read it first." J. Preston Howard felt desperate.

Ericsson grabbed the pen and signed the plea deal with a quick, scribbled signature.

"Thank you, Ray. You did the right thing," said Williams.

The prisoner pushed the papers back and stood, all his previous bravado evaporated. He just wanted to get out of there. The guards stepped forward, and cuffed him again, while his lawyer gaped.

The orange clad man was ushered out of the conference room, but paused at the door. Howard saw him lock eyes with the blond boy seated at the desk. He tried to read the kid's face. Hatred? Determination? He noticed that the other youth had taken blondie's hand. Ray Ericsson looked aside, and the uniforms took him away.

Williams and Heidi Graber both turned to look. Graber smiled. The detectives rose and walked out.

"You ambushed me." Howard spat when the attorneys were alone.

"No, Mr. Howard," the woman spoke, "you weren't ambushed. You just had a lousy client who was guilty as hell."

"Who the hell are you, anyway?" Howard snarled.

"I'm the victim's attorney," she said with composure. "He's sitting out there, by the way. Ray had to know that the boy wasn't scared anymore. He would testify, to the murders, and to the rapes. In that event, Ray Ericsson would have been demolished, completely destroyed in a long and probably very public trial."

There was a silence. The elegant litigator looked deflated.

She continued. "And Ray knows, even if you don't, that a conviction on so many counts of child rape would get noticed: everywhere, including our state penitentiary system. He chose his own safety."

Howard watched as the two boys got out of their chairs and embraced one another.

Williams rose and Graber got up with him.

The DA spoke. "Besides, Howard, just think; Ray did you a favor. A messy loss like that would have been time consuming for Rutland, Spears and a black stain on your trial record."

"Fuck you, Williams."

Williams smiled. "Sorry, Howard. You're not my type, and my husband would object."

The prosecutor walked out to greet justice done.

I am grateful for the patience of readers like yourself. I am enormously indebted to Craftingmom, who edited this scene swiftly and deftly. Comments and thoughts are always appreciated.
Copyright © 2018 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I wish we had more of the boys. Although seeing Ray get his just desserts... extremely satisfying. Great job Parker.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I realise I could have read your intro, too, might have made a difference at the beginning... but reading without having any idea was - probably - more fun...

and justice done indeed.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Don't we all love to see arrogant lawyers get their come-uppance? :lol:  And this was much better for Andy too, who certainly does not need to be dragged through a long and public trial. But let's hope someone leaks the fact Ray admitted to sexual assault of a minor so he can get what he deserves in prison. :evil: 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I recognized Carlsberg and Ray Ericcson right away! But unlike @mayday, I didn’t remember Heidi Graber. At that point, I was expecting Ambrose Whitley to be the surprise!  ;–)

 

But at least Andy & Zander’s cameos were more obvious to an Oblivious Reader like me than when they appeared in Predator Prey!  ;–)

 

 

And I am so glad that justice was finally served!!!

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

It's nice to see Ray get what he deserves.  I liked the point of view and I could clearly picture Andy and Zander.  I'm glad Andy got his justice without a messy confrontation with his uncle.  He's been through enough.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Somehow, I get the impression you don't like big city lawyers ...  :P  Unlike some of your readers, it took me quite some time to work out what was going on - I have a dreadful memory for names at the best of times. Still, going back and reading it a second time, I appreciated it a whole lot more. Justice and closure for Andy. We may only glimpse him, but of course, he's there throughout the whole piece.  Excellent.  :) 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

I wish we had more of the boys. Although seeing Ray get his just desserts... extremely satisfying. Great job Parker.

 

Thank you, jp for reading this, and for your comment. This one moment - when Ray realizes Andy is alive and strong and unafraid - has been haunting me since I finished writing the original story. It is this moment, more than any other follow-on tableau, that kept poking at my brain like a splinter under the skin. Even though we see very little of Andy  or Zander directly, I felt compelled to write this Observation. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, mayday said:

Wow, Parker! What a sequel! Heidi Graber was not the first clue. Ray Ericcson and Carlsberg made me wonder, if I got something wrong and how that man and the young attorney could have anything to do with each other. But Heidi Graber's name removed any doubts that this could not be connected to AtoZ.

And it gave me the idea that GA might provide a margin, where we could jot down our reactions while reading and mark the details which make us reverse initial judgements. What about symbols like "eye-opener" "?" or something like that?

Although I did neither overlook the young self-possessed, arrogant lawyer in love with his status symbols, his judgements and his own expertise I followed his lead and his opinions far too long into the story until I realised that the narrator had taken me in... completely...

Then I loved how his arrogance makes him ignore every warning signal and every hint that he might be wrong, especially on the way up...

R.E.'s attitude reasserted all the impressions you had created of him from afar in AtoZ.

And I love the parting shot Williams delivered!

Well written indeed!

 

Thank you very much for returning to Andy and Zander's world, if only for a few moments. This was a scene which has nagged at me for a very long time, yet I hoped to approach it differently than in the original story. It took a very long time to settle on an appropriate observer and point of view. The real moment that was seared in my brain was the moment Ray realizes that Andy is alive, strong and unafraid. And that galvanizes Ray into taking a deal that gives him his only real chance of survival. There is no mention in the original story of what happens to Ray in prison, but secrets such as his cannot stay secure forever. And I am glad you liked the parting shot - Williams certainly paid Howard back very neatly. Thank you again!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, avidreadr said:

Loved it.  Very satisfying to see Ray get his.

Thank you so much!  It was immensely gratifying to finally get this scene out of my head and down on paper.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Don't we all love to see arrogant lawyers get their come-uppance? :lol:  And this was much better for Andy too, who certainly does not need to be dragged through a long and public trial. But let's hope someone leaks the fact Ray admitted to sexual assault of a minor so he can get what he deserves in prison. :evil: 

 

Ray's secret is unlikely to stay secure forever. But the plea deal was his best chance of survival. He probably knows this. J. Preston Howard really did get ambushed, but he seemed to deserve it, and it set the one scene that has nagged my brain for a very long time - in which Andy gets to stare down his Uncle Ray, and send him back to prison for good. Andy faced down Ray, and can rest in some security now. And perhaps the big city lawyer will learn a little redeeming humility - but that's another story. Thank you so much for reading this small slice of ever after.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I recognized Carlsberg and Ray Ericcson right away! But unlike @mayday, I didn’t remember Heidi Graber. At that point, I was expecting Ambrose Whitley to be the surprise!  ;–)

 

But at least Andy & Zander’s cameos were more obvious to an Oblivious Reader like me than when they appeared in Predator Prey!  ;–)

 

 

And I am so glad that justice was finally served!!!

 

Thank you so much for reading this brief snippet of Andy and Zander's lives. This scene has been nagging at me for months - but getting the right point of view for an observer had me puzzled for a long time. It is funny about what details one remembers from a story which has captivated one's attention. Heidi Graber was such a minor character, I am not surprised she didn't register at first. I am glad you enjoyed seeing Ray Ericsson get justice. As @Mikiesboy points out, not every victim is so fortunate as Andy to see it. Thanks again for reading, and for your comments.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

It's nice to see Ray get what he deserves.  I liked the point of view and I could clearly picture Andy and Zander.  I'm glad Andy got his justice without a messy confrontation with his uncle.  He's been through enough.  

 

I am glad you could see Andy and Zander clearly in this point of view. As I said elsewhere, determining a point of view for this brief scene is what held up my thinking for a very , very long time. Once J. Preston Howard came to mind, I could write. Funny how that works. Many, many thanks for reading this, and for your comments.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, northie said:

Somehow, I get the impression you don't like big city lawyers ...  :P  Unlike some of your readers, it took me quite some time to work out what was going on - I have a dreadful memory for names at the best of times. Still, going back and reading it a second time, I appreciated it a whole lot more. Justice and closure for Andy. We may only glimpse him, but of course, he's there throughout the whole piece.  Excellent.  :) 

 

I like big city lawyers just fine - just not this particular one, perhaps. Ironically, it was this character who took such a long time to form in my brain. J. Preston Howard's point of view made the whole narrative gel for me, so I could write this scene - which has been nagging at my brain ever since I finished writing the original story. Thank you so much for reading this slice of Andy and Zander's ever after.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Nice Andy got closure ... some never do. I think you did a brilliant job writing the the lawyers.

 

You're absolutely right - not every victim gets closure as Andy does. I wish it were otherwise. You are really, really kind to me about writing the lawyers. I labored over them, and I am happy their interplay worked out. Many thanks for reading this!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Sweetlion said:

oh, now I miss the boys... maybe I should read it again. Nice closure for Andy, great scene. Apparently Ray knew that child rapist wouldn't be taken lightly in prison.

 

I miss them, too. This scene in which Andy faces Ray Ericsson down is one which I could not work plausibly into the original story. It has nagged at my brain for a long time. Ray indeed knows that child rapists do not often fare well in the penitentiary. Thank you for your comments, and for reading this slice of Andy and Zander's ever after.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

…and for reading this slice of Andy and Zander's ever after.

So, now the way is clear for a story about Andy, Zander, and that Anderson kid!  ;–)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

Loved that Andy got closure. That he didn’t have to deal with a confrontation and Ray got what was coming to him, made it all the more satisfying.  

I loved the scene where Ray decided to sign the papers. Where he was now the one afraid. Imagine that. 

 

Great job, Parker. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Loved that Andy got closure. That he didn’t have to deal with a confrontation and Ray got what was coming to him, made it all the more satisfying.  

I loved the scene where Ray decided to sign the papers. Where he was now the one afraid. Imagine that. 

 

Great job, Parker. 

 

 

Thank you, Def, both for reading this, and for your response. Ray is definitely the one  responding to fear, now. Andy was fortunate to be able to send him to jail, and for a lifetime. Now Andy can confront his future, not his past. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Loved that Andy got closure. That he didn’t have to deal with a confrontation and Ray got what was coming to him, made it all the more satisfying.  

I loved the scene where Ray decided to sign the papers. Where he was now the one afraid. Imagine that. 

 

Great job, Parker. 

 

 

Thank you, Def, both for reading this, and for your response. Ray is definitely the one  responding to fear, now. Andy was fortunate to be able to send him to jail, and for a lifetime. Now Andy can confront his future, not his past. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

‘Everything comes to those who wait’ , seems Ray waited a long time in custody to get just what he needed. Prison will not be kind to him , because the walls always have ears . 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..