Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 4,345 Words
  • 4,883 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood: A Dark Southern Aristocracy - 8. Don't Piss Me Off!

In memory of my Daniel. You'll live forever!!

Colin hugged Gabriella understanding what she felt, knowing what she had to have felt seeing the sunrise. “We’ll see it again, but this time now, seeing it the first time in so long, you won’t ever forget.”

She tightened her embrace and just nodded. “Thank you, Daddy.” She kissed his cheek. “I’ll never forget, Cousin Colin.” She smiled as she wiped her face of tears. Then she looked at me. “There aren’t words to convey how much what you’ve done means. Thank you.”

I nodded. “He did most of it. I just made some things happen.” I said trying to sound like it wasn’t that difficult and therefore no big deal.

She walked over to me and kissed my cheek. “I know better.” She looked at her father. “And you! Stop guarding your heart. I know you love this man, you know you do.” She smiled walking over to Colin. “Now let him know it.” Then she let out a yawn. “This was the first night in long time I’ve slept in a bed. It’s so comfortable! I’m going back for a while.” She kissed her father and then me. “Good day, Gentlemen.” She looked back at the sun and then walked back in her bedroom.

Colin just watched her go back and was looking at me sheepishly. “I’m almost there.”

I grinned. “When you are, I’ll be right here.” I reached up to touch him. “Can I?”

He smiled at me. “You don’t need permission now. I hope you will touch me.” He kissed me in a more probing way. “I’m giving you permission to touch me whenever you want, wherever you want.” He chuckled. “Just be discrete in public.”

“Heaven forbid I do otherwise!” I returned the kiss again and I loved what I was feeling which was desire and longing to get to that place where we could really be together. He had chest hair and I loved how it made him look and how it felt as my fingers ran over him. He was so warm now. His life before he was turned he was very fit and still was. His hair was a dark brown almost black as I said. His chest hair was also as dark. I could now see more of his chest which was very handsome. He said he worked the fields as much as those he employed on the plantation and I will tell you, the results were very nice. I was mentally taking inventory and liked what I saw. I noticed something I hadn’t been able to see before. I’d seen gunshot wounds and knew what was on the upper part of the left side of his chest. I touched it gently. The bullet had not been a modern bullet. “He didn’t miss, did he?”

He looked down at his scar and shook his head. “No. He didn’t.” He chuckled at the thought. “Dueling pistols may look good, but they’re horrible to aim. He wasn’t that good a shot anyway. My shooting in the ground after he…missed, what he hoped for to end my life, was an insult to him. That’s when he grabbed the gun from one of his witnesses and started firing. I grabbed one from my witness and shot back. I didn’t miss.” He shook his head. “I didn’t mean to kill him, just stop him.” He shrugged. “Over the years, I’ve thought about it and…maybe I did mean it. I just didn’t want to do it on purpose…I think.”

I nodded. “He didn’t give you a choice.”

Colin shrugged.

I waved over his body. “I assume everything else works just fine.”

He threw his head back in a laugh. “I’d say it does.” He pulled his pajama bottoms tighter and I could see an erection a little under the material. Covered, but there it was. He was not a small man. I would get it later. “I…” he hesitated. “I love you, Devon.”

Those words from him sent sensations I never felt before. There were a few that said they loved me, but he really meant it. I kissed him again. “I will say I’ve not felt anything like I do you. I could say I love you, too, but you’ll know it’s more physical right now. I like you a lot and…I guess I’m the one not ready yet.”

He nodded understanding. “I told you. When you say it, you have to mean it. I’ll wait.” He then let a yawn out. “I need more sleep or coffee if we’re staying up. Don’t you have an appointment later?”

“I do.” I replied. “At two o’clock. I can stand a little more time in bed.” I grinned at him. “Sleep for now.” Taking his hand and leading us both back to bed.

 

It was noon when my eyes opened and I realized I was being stared at. I smiled at the emerald eyes looking at me. “Hello,” I said stretching.

“Hello, to you, too.” He smiled moving toward me kissing me. “I hate to wake you, but you need clothes and you have an appointment.”

I sat up quickly when I saw the time. “Oh, shit! I’ve got to get ready!” I ran toward the closet and bathroom.

“They’re meeting you. You aren’t late.” Colin said casually.

I stuck my head out beyond the door as I began running the shower. “There’s one thing I am never! I am never late.”

Colin smiled. “I know.” He said back. “You understand why I can’t go with you.”

I looked back at him. “I can’t imagine why.” I rolled my eyes and went in the shower. I had to put on what I wore before. Colin frowned when he saw that.

“You’ve got over an hour!” He said with his arms crossed over his chest. “The Battery is right over there!” He pointed out of the suite. “Go downstairs and buy something! You’re not going anywhere for me dressed like that!”

I looked down. “What’s wrong with it?” I had on jeans and a nice shirt.

“It’s fine. To work in.” Colin said logically. “As your boss right now, I’m ordering you to get something nice.” He grinned.

“Being bossy is not the same as being boss,” I said in a growl, but he could see I wasn’t serious. Not totally.

“Well, you’re on my payroll,” he shrugged. “But you deserve to be. I’m not paying you for the companionship or friendship.” He looked a little uneasy at this idea. “When you love me, it will be because you love me, not because you’re paid by me to love me.”

I was startled. “Colin, I never thought that,” I assured kissing him. Then I shoved him away lightly. “I’m not that kind of guy!”

He laughed. “I didn’t think you were! I wanted you to know I knew that, too!”

I kissed him again. “I’m clear about that. Now, I’ve got to go,” I said running my hand over his chest as I headed out.

“Use the card I gave you to buy something nice to wear,” Colin called as I got to the door. “I’ll know if you don’t!”

 

The house I went to I had to be on time…after going to that exclusive shop in the hotel’s…mall? There was nothing cheap here. Ralph Lauren? As proof, I sent what I had on up to be cleaned as part of Colin’s expenses.

The Battery. It was a famous part of Charleston! The harbor was right there! Fort Sumter was right there where the first shot that began the Civil War was fired. Not a proud moment for the South to me. Everyone wanted to live here and no house was cheap. The truth was the property was more than just a house. There were homes here that had been damaged by hurricanes that were repaired on the outside only. The inside was empty. This house wasn’t technically ON the Battery, but off the Battery, but it was a good size. There is another thing about houses in Charleston. In older days, a resident was taxed by the amount of house that faced the street and people thought, we’ll just make the part that faces the street thinner. Here the houses were not a lot on the street, but stretched far back! This house had a nice front and I knew whoever built it had money because of the amount of house that was on the street and it stretched out behind. The important part was it was available now and partly furnished. As usual, I was on time. The real estate agent was late. I called and I texted with no answer. Strike one for my opinion. When he arrived his face sort of fell. He was a…I don’t know. He wore this expensive suit and drove an expensive car, but he was older and by that, I mean he was in his fifties. His dark hair was losing its grip on his head. He was a little heavy, which I had no issue with. But I could see he had an issue with me.

“You’re my two o’clock?” He asked in disbelief.

“Are you Mr. Crabtree?” I looked at my watch. “It was almost thirty minutes ago when it was two.” He judged me for something, so why wouldn’t I judge him for being late?

“This isn’t a frat house.” The man said sternly. “I don’t have time to waste for…”

“Of course, you do! That’s why you’re late! Whatever reason you have is that, an explanation, not an excuse!” I held up my phone. “Wonderful things these new things. Alexander Graham Bell invented this thing called the telephone to let people know if you’re going to be late! I texted you, I called you. Why would you think I had time to waste? It doesn’t matter, the fact you’re shocked at my age, you didn’t know, therefore my age was not an issue!” I rolled my eyes. “Do I look like a college man!? I’m twenty-eight years old! Soon to be twenty-nine in October. I’ve served in the Air Force! I am a veteran. Is it the fact I drove a Ford bother you? Why are you making assumptions because of these things?” I shook my head. “Never mind. Send someone else, now! And I mean right now! What the hell do you think I want this for!? A joke!? You don’t think I know it’s expensive? You need tact, Mr. Crabtree!” I said approaching the man who was backing off in shock. “No.” I held my hand up to let him know I’d had enough. “I’ll handle this.” I got my phone out and called the office on the sign.

“I’m sorry!” The man said urging me to stop. “It’s just I’ve never sold or leased property in this neighborhood to someone…so young.”

I nodded. “Well, you’re not leasing to me. I work for Colin Wentworth. He’s the one leasing it. I’m not so sure this is the right place for him and his cousin.” I waved at the house. “He isn’t buying, he’s rebuilding his family mansion here in the area, so he only needs it a year or so.” I pulled out my wallet. “I want you to call the number on the credit card here. Find out whose card it is and whose authorized. Then I want you to verify I am who I am.” I handed him my veteran’s card and driver’s license.

The man waved them down. “I’m sorry. I was just surprised.”

I shook my head. “That’s not enough. I insist you call and verify all of it. Right now.” I folded my arms not willing to budge until he confirms it all. “Time’s wasting,” I said waving at him. “I’m a busy man, too. Now, get busy.”

The man did as I instructed making the calls. His whole demeanor changed when he came back. “I am so sorry, Mr. McGee. Will Mr. Wentworth like to see it?”

I shook my head taking the cards back. “No.” I shook my head. He trusts me,” I said turning away and headed to the house. “Enough time has been wasted. He will trust my decision. Whatever my decision is.”

The house was large but needed some work on a few things. Five bedrooms and six baths, a dining room that could fit a party at the table. A living room and a parlor! Parlors weren’t really needed anymore. The house was antique, but the bedrooms were good sizes and there were more rooms.

“Will this do?” The man asked hopefully.

“We’re sifting through some antiques now of Mr. Wentworth’s. Some of this may have to be removed.” I said casually knowing the man’s eye widened. “The china cabinet alone he has is bigger and prettier, so that can go.” I turned to the man. “Gabriella is Colin Wentworth’s cousin and she will no doubt have the final say about decorating. I’ll leave it to her.” I turned as I headed out. “Are we going to be late again if I have him sign to get the house?” You need to know. Don’t piss me off. Strike one was him disrespecting me by being late. Unreliable. Strike two was his judging me without knowing a thing about me and if he didn’t do what I asked to confirm who I said I was and working for Colin Wentworth that would have been strike three and he’d be out. He pissed me off!! Idiot.

“I’ll bring the papers to him personally!” The man assured.

I smirked and thought, nice doggy. Maybe I should have made him sit up and beg for it.

 

I get back to the suite and knocked.

Colin opened the door and looked surprised a second and then slapped his own forehead. “You need a key and I didn’t give you one.” He pulled me in. “Sorry.” He grinned and leaned in to kiss me.

I chuckled. “Do that again and all is forgiven.”

He smiled and kissed me again a little longer and deeper. “Well?” He asked quietly. “Am I forgiven?”

I rubbed his face as his hands came over me, pulling me closer as I felt his hands go over my back and almost go below my belt line, but stopped. I reached down and got his hand and lowered it his hand below my belt line. “You are. It’s okay that you want to touch me.” I said to him quietly. “You gave me permission to touch you. I’m giving you permission to touch me.” I kissed him with all the desire I could. “And I want to touch you.”

He smiled. “Can you say it now?”

I nodded but saw someone else in the room now. “But I’d rather say it in a more personal way.” I motioned behind him as his daughter had come in. “To just you, first.”

Gabriella stopped coming forward. “I didn’t mean to stop anything.” She motioned toward her room. “I can come back.”

Then I looked at her. She was breathtaking. Her long had been cut a little but below her shoulders and was straight and looked like she’d been to a salon wearing makeup and wore earrings and a necklace. She wore was a new women’s outfit with those pants and blouse open at the neck allowing me to see her neck where the necklace put large blue gem stone huge and earrings that matched the necklace. Even her eye shadow was a light blue. She looked spectacular. Light blue! I’d find out that blue was her favorite color. I walked over to her. “You look absolutely stunning!”

She did a turn so I could see her. “Pants!” She looked and held the material out a little. “Can you believe it? Women wear pants now and it’s okay! When they came up here I was so nervous, but…” she patted her father’s arm. “…Cousin Colin was there, so I was fine. It just took a few minutes to see these women were just women.” She shrugged. “Soon we were talking and it just got easier. A lot of what they were talking about I couldn’t follow and this was a time not to be gabby. So, I was fine…until they brought out this thing that blew on my head.”

Colin chuckled as he kept his arm around me. “A blow dryer.”

“It looked like a gun! Pointed at my head!” Gabriella defended pointing at her own head. “Things changed so much from what knew it was!”

Colin held his hand out stopping Gabriella. “She didn’t scream, I give her that.” He pointed out.

I shook my head laughing. “I’m sorry, Gabriella. I shouldn’t laugh. You didn’t know. How could you?”

She gave a little snort and sat down. “It’s fine. I just need to catch up. I don’t even know how to put this stuff on.” She said sadly to her own face that was made up, but looked at Colin and me. “It’s nice to see you two getting along better.” She crossed her legs smiling. “I told you, you two are in love.” She smiled with the I told you so look.

“The woman that came up and did it will be back to show you how to put it on.” Colin then bumped his head against mine. “You did read me well as a child.”

She laughed. “Daddy, I haven’t been a child in over a century, but yes, I could and can read you.”

Colin kissed me on the temple. “And? What about the house?”

I nodded. “He’s coming with the papers for you.” I shrugged. “It’s big enough and it’s local. There are big rooms and a few rooms.” I hoped I hadn’t made a mistake. I looked at Gabriella. “I’ll need you to be there if Colin approves.”

Gabriella looked shocked. “Me?”

“I don’t know if he knows anything about decorating. He needs your eye.” I said about Colin.

Colin nodded. “He’s right. Your mother raised you to know what goes where. I pay people to tell me that now.” He smiled. “And when I finish Wentworth Manor, where we put what I’ll need you to tell me.”

Gabriella looked amazed at what we said. “So, you are rebuilding the manor?”

Colin nodded. “That’s why I came back.” He explained. “I want to rebuild what Brett Marshall destroyed. To make our lives whole again.”

“Can we do that?” Gabriella asked. “This Dr. Holm. Can he do it? Make us human again?”

Colin frowned. “He’s working on it. It still may take a while.” He admitted. “But he found a way to let us live a little more human. I’ve seen places in this world I thought I’d lost the opportunity to see. If anyone will find a way to reverse it, he will. He has enough knowledge for many Ph. Ds.”

Gabriella smiled. “Well, you say he’s like we are…he has time.” She shrugged.

“Okay,” I said. “Mr. Crabtree will be over in a few minutes. He’ll have the paperwork, Colin. I hate to break this up…”

 

When Mr. Crabtree came, he was a much…humbler man. Colin signed without any question about the house he just leased. I did however notice Colin’s eyes narrow looking to Mr. Crabtree.

“Was something wrong, Colin?” I asked when Mr. Crabtree left.

“No, it's fine.” Colin shook his head and then he looked a little ashamed for not answering. “Sorry, it’s just that, I got a feeling from him.”

“Oh? What feeling?” I asked.

He shook his head. “I wouldn’t give him my wallet to hold.”

“Was there something wrong with the contract?” I was now worried Colin would be cheated or just plain robbed.

Colin shook his head. “No, it was on the up and up. I just felt…he’d sell his mother if he thought he could make a profit.”

I grinned. “You might be right.” He did sense things about people.

 

We had a meal in the suite. Colin did take it down a little. He did enjoy the meal, but he…didn't make the show he usually did. Gabriella was not yet fully consuming though she also seemed to enjoy her meal with relish, tasting it more than a regular woman would. The salads a woman would opt for instead of something else was just not even considered.

“I have to ask.” I said sensing they were comfortable with me enough. “So, blame movies and shows…can you fly?”

Gabriella looked startled at the question. “Fly? How would we fly?”

Colin chuckled. “It’s been portrayed in those moving pictures that we are supposed to be able to. That’s purely Hollywood, Devon.”

“And you can’t just…vanish in a puff of smoke or change into a wolf?” I asked.

“It makes for a better story.” Colin smiled. “But no.”

“Crosses don’t repel you and make you hiss?” I asked.

“I know a vampire that is Jewish,” Colin said shrugging. “There are a couple of other religions I’ve heard were vampires.” He shook his head. “We get nothing. I’ve touched a few.” He got up and went into his bedroom and pulled something out. He came over and held a crucifix in his hand. “This was my wife’s.”

“There must be some interesting stories out there about vampires,” Gabriella said. She looked out the large doors to the balcony as the sky was darkening. “How long before I can be outside?” She asked Colin. “In direct sunlight.”

Colin reached for her hand as he sat down again. “A couple of more days. The serum is working.” He touched her face. “It seems like you’re tolerating being up during the day well. You felt the tingling I mentioned?”

She nodded. “You were right, it was like the tingling when you hit your funny bone. It just gets stronger the longer I’m up. It’s fading now, but if I stayed out in direct sunlight, would it kill me?”

Colin shook his head. “It would be as bad as taking the serum the first time. You’ll give in and come inside.”

“Being what we were, we weren’t evil?” Gabriella asked quiet thinking she might be.

Colin shook his head. “We aren’t any more evil than anyone else. Some are much worse. I told Devon, I’ve assisted with men they were dying. I never killed a man to get his blood. Killing Ashley was to preserve my own life.” He chuckled. “Which seems now kind of futile.” He said grimly and swallowed some wine he’d chosen. He looked at me. “I’ll tell you all about what it…at least what I know. George Holm explained what we have as an infection or disease. He said it was impossible to get rid of.” He sighed. “That’s why I’m still a vampire. It’s still in me and why if I don’t take the serum, I will become that blood-sucking creature again. The serum attaches itself to the vampirism and makes it dormant. We can never have children.” He said to Gabriella sadly. “But it’s not like a virus or bacteria that is vampirism. We become a vampire. There’s no virus or bacteria, it becomes part of who we are. A part of every cell and even part of our DNA, which George is trying to change. He can’t find the gene that makes us vampires. Our bodies will change and defeat anything we do or take to get rid of it.” He smiled at Gabriella. “So, I’m sorry, we still can’t age or die unless we do something foolish.” He smiled. “You and John never had any children? I have no grandchildren?”

Gabriella shook her head. “No.”

Colin nodded. “When Gabriella was a young woman, I told her a man couldn't touch her until after she was maybe forty.” He chuckled. “That was just me being a father.” He smiled at me. “But she married at seventeen. He was also a distant cousin.” He grinned bigger at me.

I rolled my eyes hearing that. “Of course, he was.”

“Gabriella’s mother died when Gabriella was eight,” Colin said sadly. “I never lied to her or Gabriella. Her mother and I were friends, that’s all. I would love only a male.” He shrugged. “But I kept my affections secret from everyone else for Gabriella’s sake. I just never got the chance to find someone before…Brett.”

“But the vampirism is dormant,” I said trying to understand. “Can someone be turned by any other means besides your biting them?” What I was asking, was would I be turned into a vampire if I had unprotected sex with Colin. He seemed to understand that.

“Not that we’re found out,” Colin said. “So far. This vampirism is passed from us like a snake passes on venom. In a new body it goes wild and becomes a part of who we are, every organ and in body fluid and in every cell, but no one has become a vampire by any other means.” He held his hand up. “Yet.”

I nodded. “That explains some other things.” I referred to his reluctance to physically love someone.

He shrugged. “Well, like HIV, it comes from direct fluid contact. The venom. But it must be done a certain way. Brett did it thinking it would kill me, not turn me. It hasn’t happened until now, so I’m trusting it won’t pass to you.” He smiled at me taking my hand. “I promised I’d never hurt you.”

I nodded. “Promise you won’t die at all.”

Colin’s eyes widened. “I can’t.”

“That’s right. You can’t.” I nodded again. “I can’t promise I won’t die in an accident tomorrow or next year. Life’s risk. There are things worth the risk.” I leaned forward toward Colin. “I’m willing to take that risk. Are you?”

I watched him sigh and close his eyes. “I’m just so lonely.” He said softly with so much pain. This was emotional pain, but it still hurt as bad as the serum. “I’ll die if you’re hurt, Devon.” He smiled sadly. “But yes.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 42
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OK am I the only one trying to imagine what a Jewish vampire looks like? The only image I can conjure up is the Count from Sesame Street. I love Devon inquisitive nature. He asked a whole lot of questions that I had. Colin may be the vamp but I don't want to get on Devon's bad side. I love Gabriella.

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 4
Link to comment

“Whatever reason have is that, an explanation, not an excuse!” …you have.

 

Her hair looked like she’d been to a salon wearing makeup and wore earrings and a necklace. She wore was a new women’s outfit with those pants and blouse open at the neck allowing me to see her neck. …to a salon, she was wearing makeup… …she wore a new women’s outfit…

 

She said sadly to her own face that was made up, but looked at Colin and me. …sadly of her own face…

 

“When Gabriella was a young woman, I told her a man could touch her until she was maybe forty.” …couldn’t touch her…

 

I still don’t get why the real estate agent didn’t call or text with some kind of excuse, even if it was transparently a lie or extremely lame. How did he get the listing is he’s so incompetent? When you work with the public, there are certain minimal expectations no matter what you do. He wasn’t aware of Devon’s appearance or age before he arrived, very late, for his appointment. How is he keeping his job?

 

And why did Devon call the Real Estate agent’s office and then never speak to anyone or finish the call?

Link to comment
On 4/7/2017 at 11:44 AM, Wesley8890 said:

OK am I the only one trying to imagine what a Jewish vampire looks like? The only image I can conjure up is the Count from Sesame Street. I love Devon inquisitive nature. He asked a whole lot of questions that I had. Colin may be the vamp but I don't want to get on Devon's bad side. I love Gabriella.

 

I'm pretty sure there was at least one in The Fearless Vampire Killers

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I still want to know who turned Gabby...  I do love how Devon and Gabby both seem to be learning about each others worlds at the same time.  It is sort of cool...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like the idea of vampires from different walks of life such as a Jewish vampire and a few other religions as well. Gabby is a very beautiful young lady, only she's over a hundred years old and just now starting to learn more about the world outside of the Manor and surrounding properties. I say she's a beautiful young lady because of the description of her in the last chapter. I believe Colin will give in very soon about letting Devon in so they can show how much they love each other. I don't think I would trust that realtor as far as I could throw him, which isn't very far. Gabby seems to enjoy the new way that some women dress and make up is a very new discovery for her. I'm going to enjoy getting to know Gabby more as the story progresses, Devon and Colin are becoming increasingly more than friends in a working relationship. :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am constantly amazed by the information that is available on the internet. The duration of the sunrise in Charleston, SC that I just calculated is an example of the type of information that can be developed.

 

To check on the appearance of a house in Charleston, SC, google 'shotgun house'. the web page will show you the appearance from the street and a plan view.

Edited by Will Hawkins
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..