Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 1,302 Words
  • 1,198 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Plattenbau - 22. Epilogue: Say Yes

p style="text-align:center;"> spacer.png

"Edgar! Can you bring a new wine bottle, too?" Anna yelled from across the garden when she saw him walking towards the house.

He quickly gave her a thumbs up and then continued on his mission.

"Oh, for her you do shit but for ME?! Next time I ask you to bring me another beer, I will remind you of this." Wilhelm next to him piped up, earning himself an annoyed side glance from his childhood friend.

"She is my sister." The blond dryly stated, his mind occupied with what he was about to do and to keep down the fear of what answer he would get. But, to his annoyance, Wilhelm would just not shut up. "So what?! I'm basically your brother at this point and also, if everything goes as planned, your soon to be father-in-law."

The last part made Ed cringe, even though it was somewhat true considering Wilhelm and Anastasia had been married for almost two years by now and had even had a baby on the way, it was still weird as hell.

"I don't get how you two even work together." Ed mumbled and quickened his pace. Just to have his friend gasp overly dramatically and storm after him into the house.

"What's there not to get?! She is an awesome cook and, as you know, I love food. Besides she is a fucking goddess in bed. If Alex inherited only one percent of her talents you, my friend, are blessed." Wilhelm boasted followed by a very detailed description of what his wife was especially good at.

"Ewww! Could you please stop this?! I seriously don't wanna hear what you and my mama do in the bedroom!" Alex loudly complained, while carrying a bowl of potato salad that he just finished making out of the kitchen.

"Don't be such a prude. It's completely natural for two people that love each other-" Wilhelm started to rent, while the younger man argued back.

Ed tuned them both out, used to their antics by then. While the two bickered in the background, his mind raced. I'm really gonna do it... damn, I should have done it way sooner and not let him wait for over six years. The blond thought while looking at his man. He had grown so much since they first met. No longer was he that annoying, scrawny teen, who couldn't take no for an answer. Instead, he had become a strong-willed, handsome man who meant everything to Ed. The blond could no longer even imagine his life without him. And, if possible, he would have traveled back in time to kick the stubborn asshole he used to be in the ass for ever even attempting to push the boy away.

"Whatever, man!" Alex huffed, clearly having enough of Wilhelm's stupidity. The younger man walked past them, only stopping for a second to place a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek and to tell him that he shouldn't take too long because they were gonna start the bonfire soon, then he went to join the rest of the family in the garden.

After he was out of sight, Ed turned towards his friend. "You have the ring right?"

"Yes, of course, who do you take me for? I also remembered to bring the suit." The other man responded while rolling his eyes, then he backed him to follow him to the guest bedroom that he and Anastasia were currently occupying.

_______

What's taking them so long? Alex questioned with a worried look over his shoulder towards Ed's childhood home.

He still remembered how nervous he had been when the older guy had taken him to visit his sister for the first time. But, after Anna had given him such a warm welcome, almost as if he had been a part of their family for many years already, he had felt right at home. Even his mother, who usually had trouble making friends, had fallen for Anna's charm and the two had become almost like sisters over the years. The young man took a gulp from his wine and looked back to the two women that were currently in a heated discussion over some soap opera they were both watching almost religiously. He didn't really get why they were so obsessed with all that fake drama, but then again neither of them really understood his love for psychology either.

The younger man's eyes drifted to the large belly of his mother. I'm gonna be a big brother. Alex thought and leaned back in the garden chair. He would have never guessed that she would actually start dating the weird hobo or that they would even get married but he had to admit that they were actually quite the good fit for each other. Wilhelm wasn't a bad man, and always treated her as if she was his queen while she brought him back to reality whenever he had one of his crazy ideas or was slacking off. She clearly had needed someone who actually appreciated her and he needed someone who whipped him into shape.

Oh god, I hope she doesn't actually whip him. Alex thought in horror, remembering the stuff he had overheard Wilhelm say. He quickly gulped down the rest of his wine to get the mental picture out of his head.

"Oh my, he really went all out." His mother suddenly exclaimed, while looking past him.

He followed her eyes and turned around to see what she was so astonished by.

"What's up with the suit?" The dark-haired man questioned when he saw Ed come walking towards them, with Wilhelm close behind. The young man was partly amused by the unusual sight and also partly smitten by how stunning his man looked in the clearly custom-fit tailored three-piece.

The blond came to a halt just a few feet from him and stood there nervously.

"Uhm... Alex..." The man started but then got interrupted by Wilhelm elbowing him and giving him a look Alex couldn't really interpret. But, the blond seemingly knew exactly what it meant because he then said, after clearing his throat and taking a few deep breaths, "Right! Uhm Alex could you get up?"

"Sure? But what's going on?" The younger man replied and did what his boyfriend asked. He genuinely had no idea why Ed was wearing a suit or why he looked like he was about to jump out of a plane for the first time in his life but when the older man suddenly went down on one knee it clicked. Oh fuck! OH FUCK! He isn't really going to do THIS? RIGHT?!

"Alex, I love you. You have been there for me for all these years and helped me become a better version of myself. I just can't imagine my life without you anymore so..." Ed quickly took out the ring case from his pocket and opened it, then he took one last breath and held it towards the love of his life. "Would you marry me?" He asked, praying that the shocked expression and the tears in Alex's eyes were a good sign. But, when the younger man still hadn't answered, after what felt like an eternity, Ed started to panic.

"Alexey! Give the man a god damn answer!" Anastasia yelled at her son. The younger man immediately came back to reality and spoke the words Ed had hoped so desperately he would get.

"YES! Of course, I will marry you!" He yelled and fell around Ed's neck, kissing him over and over again.

---

Luna: I'm not crying! I just got some dust in my eye! This is the end. I really hope you all like it and overall enjoyed the story. I'm so grateful for all the comments, likes, and just everything. Thank you all soooo much for reading the story!

Copyright © 2022 LunaM.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 19
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 hours ago, BoyLove said:

A very beautiful story, and yes I will admit it, the ending made me cry a little bit.

Tbh I cried a little bit too when writing it 😅

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone that took a chance on his story and provided much-needed feedback to @LunaM.. The GA community never disappoints and I'm truly touched by how you've welcomed Luna and her writing style with open arms. Many, many thanks!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

It took Ed a while, but he finally made the right decision.  The different characters coming together to form a family was a very nice ending.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 12/26/2022 at 7:14 PM, BoyLove said:

A very beautiful story, and yes I will admit it, the ending made me cry a little bit.

😆 same here. A little bit of wetness in the eyes. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

This was a great story about finding your partner and making a life together against the odds. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..