Jump to content

The Priest's Tale 2. Tales Along the Way

   (2 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance
Tales Along the Way 2 The Priest's Tale.jpg

A young man enters the confessional. He tells Father Peter Ruxton that he is gay, in love, and filled with self-loathing because the Church teaches that what he is doing is a sin. The priest, who struggles with his own sexuality, tries to offer counsel that shows compassion and empathy, while remaining within the strictures of his Church’s position on homosexual behavior. It does not end well. The young man leaves filled with bitterness, and Peter faces the reality that he must leave the Church if he is to be true to himself. He begins his search to find himself and his authentic life.

p style="text-align:center;"> DEDICATION
To Pete: We had a good time, didn’t we?
Copyright © 2022 Tim Hobson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (9 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 9
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 7
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 4
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • P. Prologue
    • 390 Words
    • 937 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,297 Words
    • 1,523 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 2,935 Words
    • 1,675 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 3,321 Words
    • 1,540 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,534 Words
    • 1,549 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 4,077 Words
    • 1,349 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 4,283 Words
    • 1,259 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 4,449 Words
    • 1,006 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 5,841 Words
    • 1,169 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 4,678 Words
    • 1,286 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 4,237 Words
    • 1,311 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 4,532 Words
    • 1,271 Views
    • 8 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Pascal

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

After The Knight’s Tale we have the pleasure to read the next story of this series, this time about a Catholic priest who starts to question his faith, his sexuality, and during the story, his feelings as well as his morals. This takes him not only onto a journey across America, but also onto a journey to himself.

The tone of this story is different from the previous one, which only shows the authors ability to write different characters and different story-lines. It’s much less action-packed, the focus lies more on the inner struggles of the protagonist.

I highly recommend reading the other two books in this series as well, each one is a great book and all three together showcase the immense talent of the author.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
Mancunian

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

How do you deal with giving advice that you don't 100% believe in? How do you deal with coming out later in life? How do you deal with having feelings that your faith tells you is wrong? How do you deal with hiding you gay feelings when you're a priest? I don't know, but Tim Hobson gives us a really good idea in The Priest's Tale. When it gets to be too much for Father Peter Ruxton he decides to leave the priesthood. Tim describes the angst and tension of the inner turmoil Peter experiences, with a bit of humour thrown in from a couple of supporting characters, some of which is badly timed by those characters. Read it and get drawn in to Peter's journey from 'priesthood' to 'out gay man', it's a journey with a real feel to it. I enjoyed it and I believe that you will too, that's why I recommend this story and rated it five stars.

This is the second story of a trilogy, now I want to read the third, I think I will like that one too.

Response from the author:

This was my first (and probably last) foray into writing romance. I'm glad it worked for you. There's a bit of autobiography in this - I attended Catholic seminary for two years a long time ago, and I knew many priests who probably struggled as Father Peter did. I thought they all deserved a happy ending!

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..